INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Introit

Notices

Old 8th-November-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
aswe323
Redshirt

linuxubuntufirefox
Default new to the miars brigs thiny...was catogryzed as an INTP.

first off, english is not my first laguenge, its actually hebrew
englishgrammer

just looking for opinions on my own...pls only serius answers.

so i find it exeptionaly hard to belive that the world could be categorized into 16 types...
if you would tell me rather that its an ArchType i would understand, sense it would make sense.
because i DO feel the test is reflecting my general personality.

ferther i would like links into talks and discussions about intp's, please no vidlogs or amateur presentations. as i do find them helpful the get the idea the community is going by. i think the "professional" is better of to start with. most of what i found on youtube is amature, yet i do prefer the dialogue part of the vid'z that goes about compering the views on life and ways of seeing the world.

so for the record i am 21 yr.
aswe323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th-November-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
Turnevies

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: new to the miars brigs thiny...was catogryzed as an INTP.

Welcome!

The distinction in 16 types is a rather phenomenological attempt to categorize people, but many people (as I) find it useful. There 've been a bunch of discussions before on how scientific MBTI is on this forum to explore.

I actually have a question for you: do you think there is an overrepresentation of INTP's among Jews? I know you guys get awarded quite an amount of nobel prizes for example, and in general your culture also has a reputation to rather fill your days with reading then with partying.
Turnevies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th-November-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
WhatWasThat

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Yep almost no one is going to fit perfectly into one of the 16 types (and almost no one scores 100% in the tests either) but they are useful for a more general understanding of how/why you think and approach things a certain way, and how/why others approach things in different ways.

Understanding the types can also help you to understand your weaknesses and work on them. That doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your strengths, but if you can combine your strengths with improving your weaknesses you can become a "better" or more complete person.
WhatWasThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th-November-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
Haim

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I don't think MTBI describe personality at all, but categorizing ways of thinking to 16 types.I don't see much personality prediction, there are so many personality variations it is meaningless.

Anyway nice to see other person from Israel(right?)
Haim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th-November-2016, 04:28 AM   #5
aswe323
Redshirt

linuxsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnevies View Post
Welcome!

The distinction in 16 types is a rather phenomenological attempt to categorize people, but many people (as I) find it useful. There 've been a bunch of discussions before on how scientific MBTI is on this forum to explore.

I actually have a question for you: do you think there is an overrepresentation of INTP's among Jews? I know you guys get awarded quite an amount of nobel prizes for example, and in general your culture also has a reputation to rather fill your days with reading then with partying.
Well the jews does have a tredition kfof both verbal and textbook teaching , both are hard coded into thier religion. The jewish state of israel has adopted maney of the religious abd culuturl growth from past generation. Ironicly the tests ahow israel is actually behind in most areas i.schools that is the avarage score.
Imho, israel has many issues with the education system,much like most of the world.
What distiguises israel from most countrys is what i call an avarage mental-maturity. 18yr being put in situations almost no outher teen in the world is facing. And are expected to deal with it.
This systematic way of militryzing the population has been proven to make teens mature faster, that mames later relesed citizens more aware and prepared to deal with life's BS. And that in turn can lead to more people dealing with problems or finding themselfs in meny key position in the world.
Old 9th-November-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Dorian Tullus
Greenshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari

i am very serius
Dorian Tullus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th-November-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Dorian Tullus
Greenshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Tullus View Post
i am very serius
sorry english is my first language
Dorian Tullus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th-November-2016, 06:48 PM   #8
aswe323
Redshirt

linuxsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Tullus View Post
sorry english is my first language
U r irrelevant