Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Introit

Notices

Old 10th-June-2017, 07:22 AM   #1
NothingReallyBlue
Fellow Person

macossafari
Default I'm nothingreallyblue

Hi, the name is from a Penguin Cafe Orchestra song

I am an INTP and I have been using the Myers Briggs system for years. I like it because I understand the idea of a four bit register more than I understand people. I work on spaceship computers, but I don't usually talk about technology outside of work.

I pursue the grand idea of the truth, and I enjoy talking with like-minded people about things to enhance my knowledge. I've got about a million ideas and no plans to use any of them.

I'm also a type 9 on the enneagram and I wanted to see how that makes any sense.

I'm doing this because I need to work on my communication skills over email and ive had family complications and I need a place to process things.

I enjoy non-sequitor humor and cartoons.

What can y'all tell me about this rockin' joint?

nothingreallyblue
NothingReallyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-June-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
Cognisant
Condescending Bastard

windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: I'm nothingreallyblue

Not much to say really, it is what it is.

If you don't mind I'd like to run an idea by you, y'know those inflated air racing pylons, imagine something like that 30km high with 60 degree slope and a 34.6km diameter base made of PVC coated Kevlar mesh with multiple vacuum (vacuumed? I feel like there's a better word for that) magnetic accelerator tracks running up the sides. I don't know how to calculate the stresses involved but I figure Kevlar mesh could withstand the few hundred PSI needed at sea level to create enough of a pressure difference 30km up to support the track and the plasma windows.

Indeed would plasma windows even be necessary that high up? Sure there's atmosphere that high but it's so thin it wouldn't be able to fill the tubes very quickly, indeed actively pumping that gas out of the tubes could be a way to "mine" (again for lack of a better word) hydrogen and or helium out of the upper atmosphere.

Also the whole thing's being held down by underwater weights, lots of weights, with that much compressed air I think the trick's going to be keeping the structure from launching itself into the upper stratosphere.
Old 10th-June-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
Cogitant
Event horizon

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Hey, I just arrived here myself, as you've observed already.
Made a few posts, just to introduce myself, dip my toe in the water and perhaps create some surface ripples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingReallyBlue View Post
I'm also a type 9 on the enneagram and I wanted to see how that makes any sense.
It makes perfect sense to me.
Nobody is a clone, each MBTI type has its variables within the group parameters.

-I'm enneagram 5 (balanced wings), which is the norm for INTP, as it would appear.

However, while yours might be slightly atypical, it's still apparently the #2 most frequent enneagram for INTP:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-prie...enneagram-2/8/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingReallyBlue View Post
I enjoy non-sequitor humor and cartoons.
This might be considered sequitur, and perhaps paradoxically non-sequitur.

-Hopefully it's a free laugh for you regardless:

Dear Cat.

Schrödinger killed you. I was framed.

Love,
Curiosity.

-I'll go back to lurking now.
Old 10th-June-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I both chuckled, and didn't chuckle.

Yeah, most of us are 5's I think, but there's some 4's and 9's around.
I'm a 5w4. Even so, though, neither MBTI's nor Enneagram's can tell you everything. I do find both can be useful basic guides and tools for us INTP's to use when dealing with humans.
Old 10th-June-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
Pyropyro
Magos Biologis

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Welcome.

Your work sounds cool.
Old 10th-June-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
NothingReallyBlue
Fellow Person

macossafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognisant View Post
Not much to say really, it is what it is.

If you don't mind I'd like to run an idea by you, y'know those inflated air racing pylons, imagine something like that 30km high with 60 degree slope and a 34.6km diameter base made of PVC coated Kevlar mesh with multiple vacuum (vacuumed? I feel like there's a better word for that) magnetic accelerator tracks running up the sides. I don't know how to calculate the stresses involved but I figure Kevlar mesh could withstand the few hundred PSI needed at sea level to create enough of a pressure difference 30km up to support the track and the plasma windows.

Indeed would plasma windows even be necessary that high up? Sure there's atmosphere that high but it's so thin it wouldn't be able to fill the tubes very quickly, indeed actively pumping that gas out of the tubes could be a way to "mine" (again for lack of a better word) hydrogen and or helium out of the upper atmosphere.

Also the whole thing's being held down by underwater weights, lots of weights, with that much compressed air I think the trick's going to be keeping the structure from launching itself into the upper stratosphere.
Unfortunately I must admit I'm not much of an aerospace or materials guy haha. I'm more into low level and high levels of computing.

nothingreallyblue
Old 10th-June-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
NothingReallyBlue
Fellow Person

macossafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogitant View Post
Dear Cat.

Schrödinger killed you. I was framed.

Love,
Curiosity.
lol I enjoyed the idea of a personified curiosity talking to a cat. Thanks for the laugh.

nothingreallyblue
Old 10th-June-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
NothingReallyBlue
Fellow Person

macossafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
I both chuckled, and didn't chuckle.
Lol I don't believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
Yeah, most of us are 5's I think, but there's some 4's and 9's around.
I'm a 5w4. Even so, though, neither MBTI's nor Enneagram's can tell you everything. I do find both can be useful basic guides and tools for us INTP's to use when dealing with humans.
Indeed they can. Tell me, do you subscribe more to the "arrow" theory or the wing theory?

nothingreallyblue