PDA

View Full Version : Reduce The Prescription Drug Manual

TheHabitatDoctor
4th-August-2013, 07:55 AM
Here it is, in all its online list-like glory: http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/alpha_a.htm

If you had to reduce it to 100 drugs, what would they be?

I don't expect anyone to do this on their own, but let's give it a shot.

I'll go out on a limb and list...

Prednisone, sulfameth, & demerol.

redbaron
4th-August-2013, 08:09 AM
If you had to reduce it to 100 drugs, what would they be?

I reduce it to the first 100 alphabetically, and I'm going to spend the time I didn't spend thinking about the best way to reduce this list to 100 drugs by taking drugs.

just george
4th-August-2013, 05:05 PM
I'd keep the best of:

beta blockers because of the heart stuff, the diuretics because of the kidney stuff, the pain killers because of the headache stuff, the anesthetics because of the surgery stuff, the antibiotics (for obvious reasons), the tricky ones that you need for immediate rescue in heart attacks/anti clot stuff, the good antiseptics (iodine), a couple of the anti virals, a handful of the immune dampners for transplants...and that's about it. Oh and one or two of the temp anxiety relievers eg xanax plus some anti allergy meds. The antivenoms can stay too. along with the anti malarials.

The psych drugs would go in the bin
Almost all chemotherapy would go in the bin
The stupid derivatives of drugs that are worse than the original but used for patent reasons would go in the bin

And then I would train the hell out of medical professionals so that they actually knew about diet, sleep, exercise, hygiene, and how to identify toxins/allergens/control temperature