• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Your most arrogant statement.

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
Today 7:51 PM
-->
Just wondering if anyone is willing to share what they would consider the most arrogant statement they've (yet) made.

Mine would be;

"It's not right because I said it. I said it because it is right."

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:51 AM
-->
Is that sarcastic? If anything it sounds like the least arrogant statement. Although to an S or F I imagine it would be a death threat.

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
-->
Well from all the times I've been accused of saying arrogant crap that was the only thing that actually seemed arrogant. According to my ISFJ ex that was arrogant.

Thurlor

Nutter
Local time
-->
Oh sure, I've made other statements even more arrogant but those were all in jest.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:51 PM
-->
Humans don't deserve to live.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:51 AM
-->
I got into an argument with someone before and I I ended up just randomly started repeating "No you!" over and over again and he got really mad. This is arrogant because I was wasn't trying to figure out his side of the argument.

I have my reasons for doing so. The conversation was going no where.

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
Today 9:51 AM
-->
'I'm quite sure that if we were to actually listen to and think about what I just said, we would all be in agreement.'

r4ch3l

conc/ptu/||/
Local time
Today 1:51 AM
-->
all my most arrogant statements are buried in a heavy layer of context.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:51 PM
-->

Do you know how satisfying it is to just.

Example:

Say you're in a debate/argument and you are losing. Just sigh, shake your head and, like it's a fact (it is), say 'Humans don't, ('Do not' for more force), deserve to live". Then you walk away without another word.

Like a boss :smoker:.

When you have to edit this ↑ 7 times, you know your wasted..

.... It's 8 now ....

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
Today 4:51 AM
-->
I'm not arrogant. But does supercilious or pretentious count?

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
-->
"I'm right and you're wrong because I'm the teacher."

I've never actually said this, though, because I know it would spread arrogance like a disease amongst the impressionable minds that are my students.

But, oh the temptation...

I do type IMAO with relative frequency. However, I use that more to point out what fast friends 'Opinion' and 'Arrogance' can be, rather than to express heartfelt arrogance on my part.

It's kind of like 'truth' and 'irony' (or white wine and fish). Opinion and arrogance are often inseparable.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Probably, "I know you're trying hard, but you are not going to be as objective as I am, it's just how I am."

Or something assinine like that. Immaturity + marriage does stupid things to people's brains. *doh*

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
OK this is pretty bad, my only excuse was I was a young teenager. In response to my parents not having the money to afford music lessons

History will thank you for this!

<smallvoice>OK, there, I said it</smallvoice>

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I never vocalize my arrogant statement thanks to my tert fe, but when I'm tired and annoyed I (not too) often think
you're all idiots, I'm smarter than you all

Local time
Today 8:51 AM
-->
I don't know if I can quantify and rank all of the things I've said that have been given the label of 'arrogant', but there's one that flew into my head immediately after reading the forum title.

"When your brainstem reconnects and you're actually looking for an answer, I'll be reading over there."

Although it MAY have been arrogant, I was entirely right and should've been commended on my prodigious patience up until that point in the conversation.....actually, I may redact my previous answer to the forum topic and change it to what I just said up there. ^^^^

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
OK this is pretty bad, my only excuse was I was a young teenager. In response to my parents not having the money to afford music lessons

<smallvoice>OK, there, I said it</smallvoice>

You know what's ironic? It did. Instead of taking the lessons and potentially becoming a professional musician, you turned to physics, and later CS, creating a programming language that might soon revolutionize the field. Take heart! :)

But I digress.

I can't think of any serious arrogant statements off the top of my head, but whenever someone says, "Bless you," I say, "I can bless myself," and whenever someone says, "Oh [insert deity/prophet here]!" I say, "Yes?". I hope that someone takes me seriously one day. :D

-Duxwing

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
You know what's ironic? It did. Instead of taking the lessons and potentially becoming a professional musician, you turned to physics, and later CS, creating a programming language that might soon revolutionize the field. Take heart! :)

Ha, thanks. It didn't matter actually, I got the lessons anyhow but as you say still drilled out. The embarrassing part was how messianic I was at that time.

If I have any worthwhile contribution to make, and I hope I do, it will probably be this personal project I've been working on for six years. My day job has made some good contributions I should feel good about too. Next time your plane lands in the U.S. the safety is due to me to some small degree, along with the stealth planes overseas, or when you use your cell phone.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Ha, thanks. It didn't matter actually, I got the lessons anyhow but as you say still drilled out. The embarrassing part was how messianic I was at that time.

Hehehehe! Ah, adolescence, loveable and loathable.

If I have any worthwhile contribution to make, and I hope I do, it will probably be this personal project I've been working on for six years. My day job has made some good contributions I should feel good about too. Next time your plane lands in the U.S. the safety is due to me to some small degree, along with the stealth planes overseas, or when you use your cell phone.

Too cool! :)

-Duxwing

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Person: I have a right to my opinion!

Me: Not if it is demonstrably wrong.

Oh and,

Person: I'm majoring in English.

Me: Really? What is it about unemployment that interests you?

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Person: I have a right to my opinion!

Me: Not if it is demonstrably wrong.

Oh and,

Person: I'm majoring in English.

Me: Really? What is it about unemployment that interests you?

Hahahaha! :D

-Duxwing

Beholder

What for?
Local time
Today 10:51 AM
-->
"Would you stop arguing with me?! I'm never wrong! *stands up in the middle of math class* Has anyone ever seen me be wrong?"

I was a stupid ~13-14 year old.... It's one of those memories I cringe when thinking about.

However another time the teacher asked if I did my homework, and I lied and said I didn't manage, because I didn't do it, and the girl behind me says "What? But you're a genius!"

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
There's more brains in my turd than in your head.

I'm still not convinced otherwise.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
I was never this bad.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
"Would you stop arguing with me?! I'm never wrong! *stands up in the middle of math class* Has anyone ever seen me be wrong?"

I was a stupid ~13-14 year old.... It's one of those memories I cringe when thinking about.

However another time the teacher asked if I did my homework, and I lied and said I didn't manage, because I didn't do it, and the girl behind me says "What? But you're a genius!"

oooh. Burn. :D

Rome96

Pseudo-intellectual
Local time
-->
"Compare your grades to mine, then tell me I'm wrong again. Obviously the school system seems to think I'm right."

I don't correlate good grades with intelligence, but the guy did, nor am I such a big asshole. I just wanted to shut the guy up. And it worked. :D

JimJambones

sPaCe CaDeT
Local time
-->
I didn't go to college so I could......*insert list of jobs or work you despise doing*

JimJambones

sPaCe CaDeT
Local time
-->
Somebody hands me something to do and I say "What do I look like, your personal secretary, do it yourself."

Top Bottom