• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Would you rather be an INTJ?

Would you rather be an INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • No, I'm fine being an INTP.

Votes: 62 80.5%

• Total voters

Legion

Observer of Humanity
Local time
Yesterday 11:32 PM
-->
I am content with being who I already am. I am an INTP, so I do not particularly want to be an INTJ. However, if I was an INTJ, I most likely wouldn't want to be an INTP.

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
Today 12:32 AM
-->
"With my freeze ray I will stop the world!"

TheBlueWizard

A philosopher in theory, a layabout in practice
Local time
Yesterday 9:32 PM
-->
San Diego, California. A place where I can't use t
It's often been said that INTP's are the perfectionists of thought while the INTJ's are the perfectionists of action. When first learning about the MBTI I thought "Wow! It would be so cool to be an INTJ! Maybe I could get off my ass and do something!" But now I realize that being a perfectionist of action means giving up my perfect thought paradise. It would also mean giving a general, all-encompassing f*%k about the way I'm presented, but still. I like operating in the purely hypothetical, and I adore philosophy. Not switching my P to a J (why does that sound dirty?).

OrLevitate

Banned
Local time
-->
I'm intrinsically luminous, mortals. I'm 4ever
It's like changing who the captain of the ship is. Can anyone do it so well that they think they're a potato though?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 2:32 PM
-->
Well no, I sometimes wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to make friends :D But seriously my sister is an INTJ and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.... again :D But for real seriously, I would prefer to be an ESFJ :D Okayyy.... seriously now..... no. Wouldn't say I am fine being an INTP though but the other options aren't that great either.

Wat.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
Nope. I'm fine as the subordinate and support to their awesomeness...at least insofar as their goals align with mine.

rainman312

rice-eater extraordinaire
Local time
-->
Not at all, INTJs are too productive and don't waste enough time.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 2:32 PM
-->
It's like changing who the captain of the ship is. Can anyone do it so well that they think they're a potato though?

I actually am a potato.

Alias

empirical miracle
Local time
-->
It would be cool to be an ENTJ. With Jungian functions they work like the INTP, but with Extraversion switched. And since I use Ti, Te, Ne, and Ni a lot, sometimes I feel like I can be a cold leader like the ENTJ. But for now, I am very happy being INTP.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 10:32 PM
-->
Only INTJ's lay other INTJ's, and since INTJ's bore the shit out of me I don't want to sleep with one, so therefore I wouldn't want to be one.

Damn, actually there's a really hot INTJ woman at my work, just a bit younger than me. Scratch that theory.

groovytaxi98

Dark Magician
Local time
-->
I wish I were an INTP... or at least a better INFJ. :kodama1:

Silvermoon

Local time
-->
I would take P over J any day. If anything I would rather be an ISTP. The focus and versatility are most likely the best of any type, and its sort of like an INTP that can actually make decisions in a timely manner.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 6:32 PM
-->
Only if I didn't have to be an asshole to everyone and think I'm always right and superior. But then I'd just be INTP, so...

Intolerable

Banned
Local time
-->
I despise most INTJs. If only for their assertive and often equally ignorant nature.

Hey asshole I've been doing this for a decade already. Take your community college degree and standards and fuck off.

- Said many times in my thoughts during company meetings.

WALKYRIA

Local time
Today 5:32 AM
-->
Self perception is an interesting thing.
I believe that INTJ are the most self-confident of the 16 tpes, mostly because they are more decisive. And everyone knows how self-confidence is loved in our societies so yeah, INTP might be jealous of INTJ because they are overconfident about them selves. And being overly confident about oneself although not something obective gives you an upperhand on the least-confident people. Confidence is a tricky thing really. There are multiple people out there who are highly intelligent or highly succesful but lack "perceived" confidence for whatever reason... these people are not "impressive" in societie's standards.
I believe the same thing happens to INTP, we lack that motivation to impress(or in this topic, to intimidate) people because we understand that impressing or intimidating always comes from the wrong or defensive place at first... the ego.
SO INTJ or INTP, the difference would be the expression of the ego? Both types having massive egos but INTPs being reluctant to express it because there is no logical basis to the "ego".... It's only after a great number of people's sampling, and maturity that we realize that it's okay to feel the way we feel(expressing ones ego, evn though it's illogical...Etc), it's okay to want to be succesful, it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to be an asshole from time to time,...Etc
So ultimately, the difference for me lies in the Fe/Fi dichotomy...

ANd sure I identify things in other personnalities that I find impressive or striking( like extroverts being able to entertain small talk for hours and hours while I zoned out long ago; or feelers being able to empathize non stop; or judger's abilty to organize things ...); but ultimately when we put things down, I'd rather be myself whenever...

Intolerable

Banned
Local time
-->
Self perception is an interesting thing.
I believe that INTJ are the most self-confident of the 16 tpes, mostly because they are more decisive. And everyone knows how self-confidence is loved in our societies so yeah, INTP might be jealous of INTJ because they are overconfident about them selves. And being overly confident about oneself although not something obective gives you an upperhand on the least-confident people. Confidence is a tricky thing really. There are multiple people out there who are highly intelligent or highly succesful but lack "perceived" confidence for whatever reason... these people are not "impressive" in societie's standards.
I believe the same thing happens to INTP, we lack that motivation to impress(or in this topic, to intimidate) people because we understand that impressing or intimidating always comes from the wrong or defensive place at first... the ego.
SO INTJ or INTP, the difference would be the expression of the ego? Both types having massive egos but INTPs being reluctant to express it because there is no logical basis to the "ego".... It's only after a great number of people's sampling, and maturity that we realize that it's okay to feel the way we feel(expressing ones ego, evn though it's illogical...Etc), it's okay to want to be succesful, it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to be an asshole from time to time,...Etc
So ultimately, the difference for me lies in the Fe/Fi dichotomy...

ANd sure I identify things in other personnalities that I find impressive or striking( like extroverts being able to entertain small talk for hours and hours while I zoned out long ago; or feelers being able to empathize non stop; or judger's abilty to organize things ...); but ultimately when we put things down, I'd rather be myself whenever...

It's a really good point.

For example I get labeled egotistical quite a bit. It happens on my part by complete accident. A good sum of 39 years on this earth just spurt out whenever something piques my interest and the uncontrolled, unconditioned stream registers right away as ego. Internally it doesn't register that way. I think upon reading me more people come to the conclusion that I see the flaws of all humanity within myself as well ( I am after all human ).

A truly egotistical person asserts from ignorance. We assert from knowing. Thus, we rarely assert because we rarely know anything!

brandnewenju

****** from this server
Local time
Today 6:32 AM
-->
No. I apperacite my understanding and feeling good in chaos "P"

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I would've rather seen a question of "would you rather be yourself than someone else" but its cool. no hard feelings. (this last part should tell you I don't know if I am INTJ, INTP or something else entirely. While some INTPs have told me I very well could be an INTP some others have told me it is not so. It seems when I say things the association I am making is lost much of the time perhaps and this may affect people typing me one way or another. I know for certain that I am most definitely an introvert; I get as much rl social interaction as rancor and I am perfectly ok with that.)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 6:32 AM
-->
what does it even mean: "wanting" to be a certain way and not another one. having this image and liking it. it IS the ego, that has desires like that. but how is it working? what effect does that image have? or the maintenance of it. how is it generated?

it's sort of weird how in 10 years of typology, i have come so close to INFJ and INTP, in a good way and i have conflicted with some other types and i even had some positive resonance with entj, and i got naked with INFP lol, but i don't recall being conscious of interaction with an INTJ, not even in conflict ... do they avoid me, do i avoid them without noticing .... i posted on their fb group once. i think they ignored me. i didn't like most of them and felt they were all mistyped anyway. some extroverts, some sensors. something is fishy about how mbti describes INTJ. it invites all people who hide behind business suits. intjforum has pissed me off immediately.

what i would like most: being just like me, plus having social-freedom.

i might miss the rational powers in my mirror type, EXXP, but missing this part or rather letting it spin in the wind is exactly the foundation of their social freedom, so I can't have it both ways.

the dual, EXXJ, is probably not a means to fulfill my current dreams, but i don't know him well enough.

being my activity partner seemed adorable when i was child. but given they are also introverts, it's of little value to switch.

Bogart

Local time
-->
Hah sorry mate, but you got that wrong. Would be a lot more true of an ISTJ.

INTJ's, I myself am one, are dom Ni. That means that we, perhaps to an even greater degree than INTP's are absorbed in analysis. Considering a seemingly endless stream of ideas generated from previous ideas, facts, and things we have observed, tend to keep us quite occupied and, incidently, explains our inferior Se - we get lost in the moment, because we are away on a stream of analysis.

The curious thing about Ni is, that it to a large degree is subconscious.. That means, that we will hear something, and seemingly out of nowhere, one single word will have carried us away to place of imaginative analysis. Where ideas are disected, dissembled and reassembled at will :-)

So look for an ISTJ to be focused on the subject at hand, and for an INTJ to be carried away in our own world of thought and intuitive analysis - which just so happens to me a lot more interesting and deep than what is being taught some 99 % of the time...

This sounds like me.

PaulMaster

Local time
-->
Well no, I sometimes wish I had some INTJ characteristics, like the ability to make friends

I thought E... or .S... would be more likely to make friends. I thought ...J was about following rules and being organized.

I dont really read up on this stuff.

Rainer

Eater
Local time
-->
I'd rather be an ISTP. They seem a lot happier and more willing to embrace the true Ti self. Living in the moment is great. INTJs are often fairly miserable. Being an intuitive sucks for fitting into society!

Though when I put what I consider to be the ideal personality into a personality tester, it always comes out ENFJ.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 7:32 AM
-->
Being an intuitive sucks for fitting into society!
When you are superman, society can keep trying to suck you to their small hole, I am freaking superman screw you society, I don't need to be in your small stinky hole society.

Top Bottom