• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Work - needless overthinking??

majohnso

Local time
Today, 00:11
hi all,

not sure if its an INTP trait, but i wanted to check in if it is.

I find that i can obsess at times about work, even when fundamentally it doesnt interest me that much.

so i will wake in the middle of the night by a work thought, or when i wake in the morning its on my brain first thing. i find by default i think about work more than other elements of life, and it doesnt feel healthy.

i find it happens more when there has been some form of turmoil or negative engagement with others also - maybe more intp related here.

keen to take others thoughts / experiences and particularly tips

thank you

RicBC

Redshirt
Local time
People in responsibility jobs, young managers in factories in theirs 30's etc... do it... It's normal.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

majohnso

Local time
thanks, appreciate the response and having thought about it more - i think its just new job adjustment (3/4 months in) and i am doing well - and i am pushing myself that bit further....and have taken on a role that has a lot more dependancy, so its an adjustment phase

once i realise this a bit more, and appreciate it, i think things will settle in

thank you

Pizzabeak

Heyoka
Local time
Yesterday, 17:11
There's a lot of responsibility involved and it's not wrong to feel such a way. It's just something you eventually have to face. It's easier to find a job if you have a job but even if you got a new different one the same general thing may happen, unless you know what to expect. Make sure you don't do anything you'll regret in the long run.

Top Bottom