• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Words that piss you off

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 8:10 PM
-->

pernoctator

a bearded robocop
Local time
Today 12:10 AM
-->
'Technically' - because every time I hear the word it seems as if the person who says it is implying that they have thought of something you haven't. People do sometimes think of things I haven't, but those people don't begin their sentences with 'technically'.

Why? "Technically" means going by the exact definition of something rather than the general. I think "basically" or "essentially" would imply they have thought of something you haven't, because it's saying they are keeping the complex reality hidden and telling you only what they decide you need to know. But I don't see how "technically" implies that, unless they're using it wrong (technically speaking).

Silphiums

I don't think you realize how funny I am
Local time
Yesterday 10:10 PM
-->
usernames that contain no individuality (or no neutral placeholder, like a regular name), actually usernames that get in the way of associating individuality, like [insert name of featureless flower amongst a field of flowers, like a sunflower]

Dude, what's wrong with sunflowers?
(says the username of a genus of a plant in the Compositae family that some might consider a sunflower.)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
Today 5:10 AM
-->
@Silphiums: it's good enough for me when you try to stand out a little, by using a botanical name, also '@Personification' is still a unique enough word to allow me to associate your writings with you and only you.

look, this is just about having some self-respect. if you don't have it and that makes me cringe, this isn't me hating on you, it's you being self-deprecating and me being like: "for the love of god, come to your senses." it's also about you respecting that others wish to see you as someone, not as anyone, which is sort of integral to self-respect, unless you are severely autistic. thanks for understanding.

other than "intp" and "intpz" i don't remember cringing about any other username here, that i can think of right now, so if you're wondering whether you're "on my list", as 'personification' formulates it: you are most likely not. for instance even cheese isn't on my list, even though you can put cheese in your mouth, like bologna. i can't explain it. maybe it's because i can associate cheese with smiling (what you say, when taking a photograph), or sponge-bob. or maybe i just got used to it, after cringing for a while ;)

Silphiums

I don't think you realize how funny I am
Local time
-->
Oh, no worries, I don't have an inflated sense of importance that it was aimed at me. But as a nerdy botanist I must speak up for my oft misunderstood composite peeps.

Akuma

Local time
Today 3:10 PM
-->
These words aggravate me:
Smart, agenda, liberation, "real fan/woman/man", love and natural.

DarkRoom

Local time
Today 4:10 AM
-->
'Current' or 'on-trend'

>.<

Whenever I hear anyone say either of these I think 'just go away, you annoying sheep.'

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
These words aggravate me:
Smart, agenda, liberation, "real fan/woman/man", love and natural.

As in, a smart new agenda for the liberation of real men? Gotta love that ladies! :D

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Okay, here's another thing that pisses me off. You're trying to explain a simple god damn concept to someone and they don't understand. You're asking a question, you rephrase it, you demonstrate. They still don't fucking understand. Then, instead of trying to understand they just say, "forget it."

Oh really? Okay. Fuck you asshole.

That's basically their ego feeling threatened. It's an obnoxious effort to save face. :slashnew:

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 10:10 AM
-->
Okay, here's another thing that pisses me off. You're trying to explain a simple god damn concept to someone and they don't understand. You're asking a question, you rephrase it, you demonstrate. They still don't fucking understand. Then, instead of trying to understand they just say, "forget it."

Oh really? Okay. Fuck you asshole.

Yeah, I actually remember myself being on both ends of the situation embarrassingly.

It's half save-face and half I-am-only-pretending-to-be-interested that causes this to occur.

For me it usually occurs when someone tries to explain you pottery art and you have no interest in it but you are just being polite and before you know it you wish you were a tad bit meaner earlier.

When I am trying to explain something to someone else and they don't get it I relentlessly attack them and then accidentally injure their ego by saying 'it's not that difficult'.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
yeah, you need a special persona that can afford "not getting what is important to other people" it's a big social faux pas to not even try to take in their objective stories about pottery or police work ;) but i can't take any of it and i have the right persona to express that. i'm an alien and indigo child (whatever), if you're not talking terence mckenna speak, i just can't hear what you are saying, apologies, but don't be a racist, it's just how we are, a matter of vibration you know. it works. people never talk to me again.

VII

VII
Local time
-->
Stupid, bro, "Sup?", lol, lmfao (the band too), babe, like used in the context of "and he was like ... then I was like :eek: and arpeggio.

EmergingAlbert

Local time
-->
"Green," when used in the context of anything other than the actual color.

"Skinny," when used to describe something positive. As in, when someone is trying to lose weight, they say, "Woohoo, I can't wait to get skinny!" Skinny is not a good thing...it's just as bad as being fat, if not worse. It's unhealthy and unattractive.

Any slang/vulgar term for male or female genitalia (e.g., dick, cock, tits, pussy, etc.). They have words. Men have a penis. Women have breasts and a vagina. No other words are necessary.

"Please." It's like people think that using this word before or after a request makes it nicer, when you're not really saying anything different. There are two things that make a request nice. What you're asking for and whether you're asking or demanding it. I would rather be asked, "Can you help me wash the car?" than told, "Please never come near me again."

Not really a word, but "living at home." Home, by definition, is where one resides. The only way you can not live at home is by being homeless. If you have a house, apartment, or any place where you regularly reside, then you live at home.

"Family friendly" or "family oriented." That seems so vague. First of all, a family can be such a varied group of people. A married couple with two children can be a family. Two cousins of the same age can be a family. A huge group of parents, grandparents, children, aunts, and uncles are still a family. Technically, a single married couple is still a family. So if something is "family friendly," is it friendly to the father, the mother, the daughter, the uncle, or what? I have a large family, but a movie that I would enjoy is certainly not what my nephew would enjoy, although we're both in the same family.

Possibly the worst is "preggo." You have a baby in your womb. You aren't a jar of spaghetti sauce. And yes, I know that the spaghetti sauce is capitalized and only has one G in it. "Preggers" is better, but still annoying. It's just as easy to say "pregnant," as it has the same amount of syllables.

"Forward slash." I don't see the need for the "forward" at the beginning. The word "forward" is implied whenever you're talking about...well, anything. People don't say, "I need to forward drive home." It's implied that you aren't going to drive all the way home in reverse. So unless a backslash is specifically necessary, why would you need to specify to type your slash "forward?"

"Goochy." For one thing, I have no idea what it means, but it's also just a dumb sounding word. I hear it in rap songs all the time. I don't mind most hip hop terms like "swag" and "homie," but "goochy" sounds like something that people would say to a baby (not to mention that I hate baby talk in general). And then again, what on Earth does it mean?

As many have already posted, I hate the word "literally" when it's used to mean anything other than "literally." People use it to mean the complete OPPOSITE of literally. So how are you supposed to know if they really mean it or not? It completely destroys the power of the word.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head right now, but I'll probably think of some later.

EmergingAlbert

Local time
-->
Oh yeah, a few more that I've seen others post here. "Whatever" and "forget it." Two conversation killers. I never can think of how to respond to "whatever." The only way I can ever respond to "forget it" is with "Okay, I will." Which is usually how I do respond.

"Girl," when referring to a grown woman. I don't mind it when it's used in music and/or poetry, but a lot of people I know refer to grown women as "girls," but they never call grown men "boys." This seems like a huge double standard to me.

Last edited:

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:10 PM
-->
Well, OK, I've got a couple.

"Robust." Especially when applied to a "bottom line" or when used by someone gormlessly looking for new imagery to dress up tired old ideas.

"Monetize." Implicit in the creation of this loathesome concept is the idea that anything that can be monetized is better than anything that can't be monetized. In the world I used to be trapped in, "monetization" (no, really) was the Holy Grail.

P.N. Guin

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Irregardless - This is not a word. To say that 'irregardless' and 'regardless' mean the same thing is to miss the point of 'irr-' as a prefix.

Flagship - Don't have a problem with this, but it's over-used by newspapers. Just about everything is a flagship policy these days.

Quizzed - When referring to a police interrogation. Newspapers do this to save headline space, but I hate how it underplays the seriousness of a situation.

Ethnics - Terrible plural noun for 'non-white', and suggests that white people have no ethnicity.

Irony - When people say, "I'm enjoying it ironically." I don't think they understand what irony means.

However - When used to mean 'nevertheless', rather than to mean 'in whatever way' or 'to whatever extent'. I think this mistake is made so often that the old rule no longer applies, but it still distracts me.

Due to the fact that - A phrase, but I hate it so much. So clumsy and pervasive. For the same reason, I also dislike 'the reason is because that', 'one of the only', 'he is a man who', etc.

Literally - :waffe:

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
"Girl," when referring to a grown woman. I don't mind it when it's used in music and/or poetry, but a lot of people I know refer to grown women as "girls," but they never call grown men "boys." This seems like a huge double standard to me.
It's a fantasy game. One pretends that one is young, sexy, witty and that life still has all windows open. It can be very intoxicating. You are creating an abstract dimension where your mind can reside within for a while. A dimension of pleasure, sensuality and felicity. It is a primrose path back through time. And quite delightful one may I add.

I agree though, if you experience that boys are excluded. Not so nice.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
Prior to -- My teeth go on edge when I read this, not in a text message or the spoken word, but on formal documents; this phrase is both longer and more ostentatious than "before," which has an identical meaning.

Here's the kicker -- My Engineering Design teacher loved this one. This literary anomalie has neither a unique meaning in the spoken word nor a place in formal English. In the former, a stressed "aaaand" would be more succinct, and in the latter, the word "moreover" would be entirely sufficient in building toward a climactic point.

Basically -- A word thrown around, much like "literally," with such vigor and frequency that its meaning is lost to the sands of time. For an example of its meaninglessness, consider the following: "He asked me to marry him, and I was basically like, 'YES!'". The three unwieldy words "...was basically like," could very well be replaced by a single, succinct one: "said".

As a digression, I'll add that the misuse of such words is most frequent in the ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, and ESTP types. Their focus on extraverting their emotions or living in the moment leaves them little time to consider their grammar and syntax. Hence, I hypothesize that the more logical among us should focus on how the person committing the error feels, rather than what he or she thinks, in order to better understand their perspective on the matter at hand.

-Duxwing

eagor

Senior Executive Lab Monkey
Local time
Today 3:10 AM
-->
i'm a prize in a cereal box near you, so buy, BUY,
Sup bro,

This morning, I woke up after a successful day at work with a boner, my soulmate thought it was pretty adorable. I had the most fantastic and organic breakfast too; suitable even for my girl who's vegan, t'was just swell, I recommend MSG, it's fundamental, the grassroots of authentic American meals! Anyway, yesterday, after my girl and I were done lovemaking, she said she had had a spiritual but not religious experience and that I had given a breath-taking and spunky performance; So she's all stress-free now, as I am writing this letter to you.

Anyway, 2 nights ago Mike and I were at a groovy alt-rock bar trolling, there were lots of quirky people about. At one point, we bumped into this republican who was part of the electoral college, right? Wow, the shit that was coming out of his mouth was unbelievable; he'd obviously had a bit to drink, and kept talking about how he was pro-life, and how he was practicing chastity for the purpose of a campaign contribution. I don't know why, but I literally wanted to knock this guy out; so immediately I started mentally guesstimating points of his body that would cause crazy damage if my fist came into contact with. However, it occurred to me that Jess was having a 'girls' night out' and my house was vacant; so I formed a coalition with Mike and we decided we would kidnap him irregardless of his political position. We got the bugger real drunk, and guided him to Mike's car - I'm telling you, baby on board, man; he droned continuously, was so gaffe!

We finally arrived to our man cave, and this guy would just not stop talking, particularly about implementing some amazing regime change to evade a market meltdown. He also mentioned how he was dating this superstar despite practicing chastity. I'm telling you, Snafu, I hate republicans, so I tied him up to a chair, with the help of Mike, we tied a pretty awesome knot together; in addition to shoving a fluffy towel in his mouth to shut him up. Right, anyway, you know the myth about all Republicans being ticklish? - Well, me and Mike tested this myth, and apparently not. So we started to throw a few jabs, that got progressively stronger, and then we unwound him from the chair, and decided to drop him off a good distance away, in case anyone called homeland security, it was for the best, ha!

Okey-dokey so now Mike and I are feeling pretty rebellious, all-around we've had a pretty zany and interesting day. We switched on the TV and had a couple of beers; we discussed the possibility of that republican suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, now that would be just great. We decided to hit some psychedelics I had hidden in the man cave; for a magical, spiritual experience, and to develop our bromance. So we engulfed some and waited...

While waiting, we started to engage in an intellectual argument about the nexus between religion, relativism, and faith, which ended with me shouting "checkmate!" having proved a valid point; however, the argument raised up some thought provoking points through collaboration and assimilation; even though I did a lot of nitpicking. We then moved on to playing chess on a pre-owned chess board I bought during a garage sale, Mike then went to the toilet, and on the way, he managed to tip over some vintage wine and said "oops!".

Fuck, not cool, this is going to be a catastrophe for Alice; she has bloody OCD! So I said:
"Congratulations Mike! Now I'm probably going to have to provide alimony to Alice."
"Sorry man, at-least you won't have to stick to gluten-free foods anymore."
...And then suddenly, our chakras started to begin.

...Just for you, @snafupants :)

Anyhow, I couldn't care less about how a person chooses to express himself. Unless, of-course, he/she is being disrespectful and hostile in any manner. Otherwise, he/she can use any word they want to use, no matter how idiotic it sounds.

EDIT: No, wait, YOLO, definitely pisses me off.

damn beat me to it

EmergingAlbert

Local time
-->
Sup bro,

This morning, I woke up after a successful day at work with a boner, my soulmate thought it was pretty adorable. I had the most fantastic and organic breakfast too; suitable even for my girl who's vegan, t'was just swell, I recommend MSG, it's fundamental, the grassroots of authentic American meals! Anyway, yesterday, after my girl and I were done lovemaking, she said she had had a spiritual but not religious experience and that I had given a breath-taking and spunky performance; So she's all stress-free now, as I am writing this letter to you.

Anyway, 2 nights ago Mike and I were at a groovy alt-rock bar trolling, there were lots of quirky people about. At one point, we bumped into this republican who was part of the electoral college, right? Wow, the shit that was coming out of his mouth was unbelievable; he'd obviously had a bit to drink, and kept talking about how he was pro-life, and how he was practicing chastity for the purpose of a campaign contribution. I don't know why, but I literally wanted to knock this guy out; so immediately I started mentally guesstimating points of his body that would cause crazy damage if my fist came into contact with. However, it occurred to me that Jess was having a 'girls' night out' and my house was vacant; so I formed a coalition with Mike and we decided we would kidnap him irregardless of his political position. We got the bugger real drunk, and guided him to Mike's car - I'm telling you, baby on board, man; he droned continuously, was so gaffe!

We finally arrived to our man cave, and this guy would just not stop talking, particularly about implementing some amazing regime change to evade a market meltdown. He also mentioned how he was dating this superstar despite practicing chastity. I'm telling you, Snafu, I hate republicans, so I tied him up to a chair, with the help of Mike, we tied a pretty awesome knot together; in addition to shoving a fluffy towel in his mouth to shut him up. Right, anyway, you know the myth about all Republicans being ticklish? - Well, me and Mike tested this myth, and apparently not. So we started to throw a few jabs, that got progressively stronger, and then we unwound him from the chair, and decided to drop him off a good distance away, in case anyone called homeland security, it was for the best, ha!

Okey-dokey so now Mike and I are feeling pretty rebellious, all-around we've had a pretty zany and interesting day. We switched on the TV and had a couple of beers; we discussed the possibility of that republican suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, now that would be just great. We decided to hit some psychedelics I had hidden in the man cave; for a magical, spiritual experience, and to develop our bromance. So we engulfed some and waited...

While waiting, we started to engage in an intellectual argument about the nexus between religion, relativism, and faith, which ended with me shouting "checkmate!" having proved a valid point; however, the argument raised up some thought provoking points through collaboration and assimilation; even though I did a lot of nitpicking. We then moved on to playing chess on a pre-owned chess board I bought during a garage sale, Mike then went to the toilet, and on the way, he managed to tip over some vintage wine and said "oops!".

Fuck, not cool, this is going to be a catastrophe for Alice; she has bloody OCD! So I said:
"Congratulations Mike! Now I'm probably going to have to provide alimony to Alice."
"Sorry man, at-least you won't have to stick to gluten-free foods anymore."
...And then suddenly, our chakras started to begin.

...Just for you, @snafupants :)

Anyhow, I couldn't care less about how a person chooses to express himself. Unless, of-course, he/she is being disrespectful and hostile in any manner. Otherwise, he/she can use any word they want to use, no matter how idiotic it sounds.

EDIT: No, wait, YOLO, definitely pisses me off.

You, my friend, are my hero.

Oedipus

Jerk
Local time
-->
Literally, when it's not used right. This guy on Masterchef, for example, said "At this stage it's literally do or die." What the fuck kind of kitchen are you working in?

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
-->
1: Decadent.

It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago I really thought about what this word really means. Apparently, it's an applied form of "decay". Other words with the exact same meaning include "declining", "destructive", "worsening", or literally (yes) any other word about a progression that goes in direction percieved as unwanted. So why use THAT word, exactly? It's just lying there on the tip of your tounge because you are so naturally sophisticated? No, you do it because you are a pretentious dick. When you first start to form the sentence in your head that you are about to utter, I see that glimmering in your eyes. You think "YES! I'm going to use that word in a smooth way in an actual conversation!". And then you say it, and then you look at me for approval. And then I exclaim "Wow, Bob! You know so many words! How did you learn them all?!" in a sarcastic manner.

MichiganJFrog

Rupert Pupkin's stalker
Local time
-->
impactful

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 3:10 PM
-->
Tenterhooks. Such a stupid sounding word.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
(insert name of continent here)-American.

fiscal cliff

Ambulatory

weiner

sustainable

Do not dare to try and hold me to not using these words at any given time.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
When a seller tells me something is cheap,

and even worse, very cheap. Makes me want to slap them across their face, and tell them to go wash their foul mouth in soap water.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 12:40 PM
-->
Why? "Technically" means going by the exact definition of something rather than the general. I think "basically" or "essentially" would imply they have thought of something you haven't, because it's saying they are keeping the complex reality hidden and telling you only what they decide you need to know. But I don't see how "technically" implies that, unless they're using it wrong (technically speaking).

When I communicate something I have usually considered the technicalities and then packaged it for efficient or entertaining verbal transmission. It is then unpacked by the listener and they either accept the things that I have said, or they preface their next sentence with 'technically' and proceed to trawl through details that I have already processed twice: during both thinking/receiving of the idea itself and the packaging for the listener in question.

It is redundant: Whether the information a person (re)conveys is novel or not, telling me the context in which it is used is a waste of words and my patience. I will be the judge of whether your words are technical, because all too often the technicality you specify was already implied in my original communication and thus does not warrant reiteration let alone it's own distinct treatment :mad:

It's presumptuous: People tend to overestimate the complexity of their thoughts and it is awkward when they assume that just because you have broken it down for efficient communication that you have not done any legwork in the thinking department. That they presume to be able to reach a deeper level of understanding within moments of the information reaching their ears than I have is uncharitable at best and downright arrogant at worst. Of course some people have a background in any given topic, in which case their reply may have some substance, but people who do have an understanding greater than my own do not waste their time telling me that what they're about to tell me is technical. Rather, they point out any issues of contention (if I seem unaware of them) and then do their best to educate me.

Try this with me:
When someone says 'technically' before embarking on an oblivious tirade, replace it in your head with 'on an irrelevant note that should probably go unspoken'.

Edit: I just realised i just ate, ranted and left without actually addressing what you said XD

'Basically/essentially' implies you have got something fundamentally wrong, and that your premises are about to be rebuked or your argument form shown to be invalid. I don't have a problem with these terms as they are in no way an attempt to talk up the level at which one speaks. 'Technically' implies that you have said nothing essentially wrong, but that your reasoning is of a lesser ilk and you have not considered alternative explanations.

Sorry for ranting so hard, I was expecting to be interrupted by a lift at any moment, but they're late so I just kept going :P

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
titillating.

That word makes me feel dirty and sinful. :o

MartianHoplite

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 7:10 PM
-->
Fair-trade
Text (when used to describe anything that isn't actually text.)
Signifier/Signified
Resource-based economy
Wellness
For the children
Unconditional love
Living wage
Common sense (as an adjective "Common sense measures...")
The one
Event ("sales event" It's a fucking sale!)
Need (almost always used in place of "want.")
Want ("I want a Porsche." If you don't want it enough for a Porsche dealer to care, why should I?)

When I hear these, I know I'm not dealing with a serious person.

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
-->
For some reason, I find it both abominable and amusing when the term 'revolutionary' is used out of context. :confused:

"Ab-Glider is a revolution for your abs"
"Listerine Gold, with it's revolutionizing new formula, protects your breath for 24 hours instead of 18"
"Kitchen Wizard Plus revolutionizes the way women cut vegetables in the kitchen"

Yes, often just stupid. Actually, a lot about the TV-shop terminology annoys me. Actually, a lot about TV-shop annoys me. "Why would you want fourteen different kitchen appliances when this magic one can do it all? Order now for these twelve other bonus-appliances."

GRRR.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Have I got a bridge to sell you.

Andronicus

Acid Anonymous
Local time
-->
When people use ''the N word''. Not nigger but when they actually say ''the n word.''

Marxbear

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I hate it when people use "Fucking (noun)". It just sounds like those two nouns are having sex and it isn't pleasant. I also don't like it when some one says "(adjective)-ass (noun)". ex. "Those are some fake-ass gangsters," could easily be perceived in speech as "Those are some fake ass-gangsters!"

EmergingAlbert

Local time
-->
I also don't like it when some one says "(adjective)-ass (noun)". ex. "Those are some fake-ass gangsters," could easily be perceived in speech as "Those are some fake ass-gangsters!"

Haha, I thought I was the only one who thought that! It doesn't even make any sense. I never have quite understood the word "badass." What is that supposed to mean? Do you have anal cancer or something? My dad is notorious for saying "ass" after all his adjectives. I remember the other day, he ordered a terrible, dry hamburger from a restaurant, and then he said, "Man, this is one dry-ass burger!" What's that supposed to mean? Does the burger dry out the skin on his buttocks?

I guess it doesn't really piss me off like it does you, @Marxbear, but I just find it kind of odd and semi-humorous. It's just something that I always notice, and it throws me off a bit.

Marxbear

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Thought of another one. Scientifically proven. Saying the words "scientifically proven" instantly makes me think that you don't know what you're talking about. It's like dating something was "found through finding it". Saying scientifically proven is such a broad statement. What area of science? Did physicist find a new fish in the arctic seas? Did biologists find out that velocities cannot simply be added together?

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
A huge number of words piss me off giving me a massive headache. Would it be a gaffe if I called that, "pissoffgate"?

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
-->
nomenclature
rigor
loco
shine
coin (making up a word)
truth
large

J-man

Cobra Kai
Local time
-->
Proper
Correct
Valid
Reason
Justify
Narrative
Trigger, as in "trigger warning"

Also when people use esoteric or unnecessarily long words to give them an air of authority.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 11:10 AM
-->
Marketing jargon like "new and improved" and "premium"

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Yesterday 9:10 PM
-->
Ultimate.

Considering the meaning of the word "ultimate", one should only hear it once or twice in a lifetime. Not every flippin day.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
I actually hate everything in between words. AsItTakesUpUnnecessaryTimeToIndicateWhenAndWhereAWordStartsAndEnds. Words themselves don't cause me any emotional reaction. They are but pointers.

Just as &MySpecialPointer contains the address of the thing I really hate that is defined by the object MyMostHatedObject. Now MyMostHatedObject is not the actual object I hate but instead the data within the object that it references to that is the actual object. Much like I cannot hate Bob, the word, but I do hate Bob my neighbor because his cat killed my dog, which I never thought possible really, but that is neither here nor there because that is all referential to a thing that may or may not exist or actually only used to exist but is now only a image or shadow of what was but is now not physically and currently concrete.

rainman312

rice-eater extraordinaire
Local time
-->
I'd have to say "ignorant" is my least favorite word. People use it incorrectly all the time when refering to behavior they don't like. Look at that ignorant eating with his elbows on the table. What an uncultured swine. Ignorant of what? Social norms? He probably has full knowledge of aforementioned social norms, but chooses to disregard them because they make absolutely no sense and accomplish nothing.

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
-->
I'd have to say "ignorant" is my least favorite word. People use it incorrectly all the time when refering to behavior they don't like. Look at that ignorant eating with his elbows on the table. What an uncultured swine. Ignorant of what? Social norms? He probably has full knowledge of aforementioned social norms, but chooses to disregard them because they make absolutely no sense and accomplish nothing.

Damn, still ignorant. Maybe another example would be better.

DrSketchpad

Local time
-->
I actually hate everything in between words. AsItTakesUpUnnecessaryTimeToIndicateWhenAndWhereAWordStartsAndEnds. Words themselves don't cause me any emotional reaction. They are but pointers.

Just as &MySpecialPointer contains the address of the thing I really hate that is defined by the object MyMostHatedObject. Now MyMostHatedObject is not the actual object I hate but instead the data within the object that it references to that is the actual object. Much like I cannot hate Bob, the word, but I do hate Bob my neighbor because his cat killed my dog, which I never thought possible really, but that is neither here nor there because that is all referential to a thing that may or may not exist or actually only used to exist but is now only a image or shadow of what was but is now not physically and currently concrete.

Oh goodness me word spaces are really terrible to me now. ImGoingToFabricateMyOwnLanguageNowThanks. Probably something like lojban but easier to get into.

Plopsypoodle

Redshirt
Local time
Today 3:10 AM
-->
hmm. words that piss me off are "I promise" and "you can do it if you believe" XD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Top Bottom