• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Will a dog change my sedentary lifestyle?

YOLOisonlyprinciple

Local time
Today 2:43 PM
-->
Currently, my whole life other than sleeping is spent in front of a computer- whether it is work or play.

Ive been considering getting a grown dog (not a puppy) for a long time as a companion.
Im just confused that if i get a dog, will it:
a. lead to me changing my lifestyle, or
b. me losing interest in the dog, and end up giving it no exercise.

From your experience, does getting a dog help people go out more often than not?

Also a side question, if adopting a dog is so much cheaper is there any reason to buy dogs from breeders if i dont care if the dog is pure bred or not?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:13 AM
-->
It seems to work for my parents. It's hard to lose interest in the dog because it will start shitting and pissing inside your home if you don't walk it. It's also a good way of making your home generally less hygienic, acquiring a bunch of extra costs in terms of medial treatment for the dog, making yourself less mobile (you cannot travel anywhere with that thing), practicing the craft of picking up dog shit using your hands, and also – you choose to enslave and imprison an animal solely for your own pleasure and utility. I.e. you are a shitty human being.

On the list of peoples I dislike the most, I have Nazis on number 1 and dog owners on number 2.

YOLOisonlyprinciple

Local time
Today 2:43 PM
-->
@Serac,
idk im probably not just gonna use it for just "pleasure". I currently have no human i can talk to, im too disappointed with humans; i hope at least an animal will be somewhat realiable. Basically having to fill all my free time with games & movies/anime so i can forget about my existance; i feel a dog would be a nice change.

And by losing interest in the dog i mean if i couldnt change my life i would probably give it to a shelter. And as for picking up its poop; dude i live in India why would i pick up my dogs poop on the street?, that is the municipality worker's job :p

When did INTPs start developing morals anyway...

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Serac,
idk im probably not just gonna use it for just "pleasure". I currently have no human i can talk to, im too disappointed with humans; i hope at least an animal will be somewhat realiable. Basically having to fill all my free time with games & movies/anime so i can forget about my existance; i feel a dog would be a nice change.

Disappointed with humans, you say. What have you done to impress us?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
It's true, though. Most humans are animals.

But in that sense they serve the same purpose as dogs.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 5:13 AM
-->
Currently, my whole life other than sleeping is spent in front of a computer- whether it is work or play.

Ive been considering getting a grown dog (not a puppy) for a long time as a companion.
Im just confused that if i get a dog, will it:
a. lead to me changing my lifestyle, or
b. me losing interest in the dog, and end up giving it no exercise.

From your experience, does getting a dog help people go out more often than not?

I would not get a pet unless you actually want the pet for itself. Otherwise it's just something you'll probably eventually ignore and maybe even resent.

I dunno. I have had a number of cats but none of them have been purebred. I mean, I guess you will know the genetic background of your dog if it comes from a breeder, and that's the plus? I tend to think it only matters if you plan on breeding / studding animals or using them as show animals, unless there's just something really genetically wonky with your adopted pet that would cost you a lot in medical bills if you plan to treat them.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:43 PM
-->
Just like a romantic relationship, getting a dog is not a solution to your existent problems. Get yourself together, then think about getting a dog if you still want one.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Echo others here. Likely not a good idea to have a dog, partner, baby, etc, as a distraction from your problems. Just get off your ass and walk yourself (don't crap outside though). :D

I don't think having a pet is an entirely bad thing or equivalent to slavery. It depends on your relationship to your pets, how you treat them, and whether you're able to provide for their needs. My parent's dogs likely have higher living conditions than a good part of the world's human population.

I'd love to share my home with a cat but am not convinced my current environment or working hours would enable hir happiness and so I choose not to.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 8:13 PM
-->
Probably just end up with a fatass dog and turds on the carpet.

Top Bottom