• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

why the SP's and SJ's rule the world.

bluesquid

Local time
Today 2:24 AM
-->
And the NF's and NT's are tools.

except for me:)

bluesquid

Local time
-->
ummmmmm

cake.

I know a NF that made a great carrot cake for my coworkers B'day recently. I ate it, and it was really good.

Mello

Gone.
Local time
Yesterday 11:24 PM
-->
I like chocolate cake better.

bluesquid

Local time
-->
"do you know how bad chocolate is for you?"

bluesquid

Local time
-->
anything made on a sheet is an automatic lose.​

Alice?

Local time
-->
My vote's for red velvet.

bluesquid

Local time
-->
I would enjoy clever so much more...

German chocalate is far better than any. i love the mundane with a sprinkling of exotic coconut.

Mello

Gone.
Local time
-->
Chocolate cake is good for the soul.

Jah

Mu.
Local time
Today 7:24 AM
-->
"do you know how bad chocolate is for you?"

- Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is rich in anti-oxidants (Which we believe are good), as well as flavanols which enhance cognitive skills by upping the brain's blood supply, and milk chocolate have been known to improve visual and verbal memory.

bluesquid

Local time
-->
why the fuck are you talking about chocolate?

Alice?

Local time
-->
Real question is, why the fuck aren't we talking about chocolate?

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 2:24 PM
-->
I love you guys.

I'm gonna be a party pooper here. SJs and SPs do not rule the world. They're only the tools for making chocolate for us.

vash22

It's Charlie Chaplin, not Hitler.
Local time
-->
They generally are so much more happy to join together into a mindless group. Groups are powerful. A group of S's mindlessly following their idealized leader can get a LOT done *cough*Germany1940*cough* and therefore managed to get ahead in the world. When you get a bunch of N's together the product tends to be more or the metaphysical or scientific nature. But a ton of S's with shovels can still dig more holes than a few backhose.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
They generally are so much more happy to join together into a mindless group. Groups are powerful. A group of S's mindlessly following their idealized leader can get a LOT done *cough*Germany1940*cough* and therefore managed to get ahead in the world. When you get a bunch of N's together the product tends to be more or the metaphysical or scientific nature. But a ton of S's with shovels can still dig more holes than a few backhose.
*cough*Humans in general*cough*

I hope you are not suggesting the Nazi regime was the work of sensors...

intuitivet

You Know You're Better Than This
Local time
Today 6:24 AM
-->
ummmmmm

cake.

I know a NF that made a great carrot cake for my coworkers B'day recently. I ate it, and it was really good.
Apparently me and my sister made the best carrot cake once. I admit, it was glorious! (We just accidently made too much buttercream and put it in the middle and on top, made it amazing apparently)

onthewindowstand

Local time
Today 12:24 AM
-->
Apparently me and my sister made the best carrot cake once. I admit, it was glorious! (We just accidently made too much buttercream and put it in the middle and on top, made it amazing apparently)

You should mail me some :D

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->

That's just what the INTJs want you to think.

54gkjq.jpg

vash22

Local time
-->
*cough*Humans in general*cough*

I hope you are not suggesting the Nazi regime was the work of sensors...

*cough*like hell, or else "fascism" would be redundant.*cough*

Idk what caused the Nazi regimme specifically. I think hitler was too smart (I said smart! Not correct!) and creative at his.... "job" to be an S. But no one can fight wars and carry out an order like an xSxJ.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
*cough*like hell, or else "fascism" would be redundant.*cough*

Idk what caused the Nazi regimme specifically. I think hitler was too smart (I said smart! Not correct!) and creative at his.... "job" to be an S. But no one can fight wars and carry out an order like an xSxJ.
Look at all of the fanaticism, blind faith, blind patriotism, and tyranny in the world and through out history, and you are seriously going to tell me that this is all an anomaly?

Tyranny is more of a natural human state than freedom is. People are sheep, but it is all for a good reason, if we were all Independent minded nothing would get done.

vash22

Local time
-->
Tyranny is more of a natural human state than freedom is. People are sheep, but it is all for a good reason, if we were all Independent minded nothing would get done.

My point exactly! N's generally are not sheep, while S's are more prone to joining the herd. While I look at not being a sheep as a good thing, being a sheep gets so much more done! If everyone was an N then who would do all the more basic things vital to running society?

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
Maybe because there are more of them? Probability!

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
There is no definite line here. It's all in levels.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
My point exactly! N's generally are not sheep, while S's are more prone to joining the herd. While I look at not being a sheep as a good thing, being a sheep gets so much more done! If everyone was an N then who would do all the more basic things vital to running society?
So you are not disagreeing with me then?

cool.

RubberDucky451

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wow guys, I gotta say. We're such unique little snowflakes.

why

unknown
Local time
-->
@OP: I believe you got a perfect answer to your question. Just look at this thread. A question about ruling the world turned into discussion about cakes. A perfect example of NPness. That's why we require someone to constantly remind us not to get sidetracked in order to get all these boring things done.
Wait a second. I am actually putting you in order. I might be a intpforum's SJ :eek:

On the other hand, I really like chocolate... :D

Agent Intellect

Absurd Anti-hero.
Local time
-->
This whole forum is a good example of why so-called N's are susceptible to group-think. These elitism and exclusion type threads are almost a daily occurrence. I'm beginning more and more to agree with the MBTI critics.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
This whole forum is a good example of why so-called N's are susceptible to group-think. These elitism and exclusion type threads are almost a daily occurrence. I'm beginning more and more to agree with the MBTI critics.

That was very interesting. I agree with most of the criticism in that paper.

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
-->
pfft carrot cakes suck. the best cakes are the fruity ones :cool:

Alice?

Local time
-->
What color will the balloon be? I am getting so much balloon mail these days. I need to know which has the cake :p

Personally, I'd go with carrier pidgeon. Much more dependable... Those balloons just have a mind of their own these days.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->

Quite true. MBTI is just an unreliable testing instrument, and one of my biggest frustrations about typology in general is that a plethora of typological approaches, systems and theories get smacked under the label of "MBTI".

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Quite true. MBTI is just an unreliable testing instrument, and one of my biggest frustrations about typology in general is that a plethora of typological approaches, systems and theories get smacked under the label of "MBTI".

True true. I still like Beebe's approach the most but it is not easy to understand if one is not familiar with Jung's writing and that is not something you can expect from random people on the internet.

onthewindowstand

Local time
-->
Personally, I'd go with carrier pidgeon. Much more dependable... Those balloons just have a mind of their own these days.

I will not trust a pigeon with that much carrot cake. You can never know if that particular pigeon would decide to devour all of the cake for himself :(

vash22

Local time
-->

Na, use a carrier owl. Nothing messes with them. They are like the sharks of the air. OH! Use a shark! They are like the owls of the sea.....

Anling

Local time
-->
I'm beginning more and more to agree with the MBTI critics.

I think the test needs refinement. The either/or answers are not as cut and dried as the creator seems to think. But maybe the actual professional one is better? It ought to be able to get through what you want to be seen as to what you actually are. This is probably where taking the test and discussing the results with a professional is helpful. And it does seem to be used in inappropriate ways. People do seem to use it merely to pigeon hole others or explain away their poor performance. I don't think that it is useful in all the areas it is promoted in. And everyone seems to have their own theory on what the types actually mean.

So, more research and a better test would be good.

starry

Redshirt
Local time
-->

Depends on how you look at it, lol.

SJs and SPs are soooo fast moving, it drives me crazy. :eek:
They're all "action action action", and when they fail in the action, they look like this: :phear: or blame it on other people/things. It's frustrating. I really did think they ruled, but come to think of it, they are tended to certain things I'm really not, so while I can sit down, connect dots and feel purposeful in other aspects of the environment, they can take care of hosting and what not :D And talk to me in their free time :smoker: They're very good with upgrading my system with the latest news of what's happening in the here and now, or a day ago!

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
I think the test needs refinement. The either/or answers are not as cut and dried as the creator seems to think. But maybe the actual professional one is better? It ought to be able to get through what you want to be seen as to what you actually are. This is probably where taking the test and discussing the results with a professional is helpful. And it does seem to be used in inappropriate ways. People do seem to use it merely to pigeon hole others or explain away their poor performance. I don't think that it is useful in all the areas it is promoted in. And everyone seems to have their own theory on what the types actually mean.

So, more research and a better test would be good.
I'd say we should just abandon the tests altogether, leaning on the test taker knowing what their psyche is actually doing can never be reliable. Expert Analysis is the way to go.

nihilen.

Local time
Today 8:24 AM
-->
The dictatorship of the majority? Not that I agree with SPs and SJs ruling the world, pretty much everyone one of them is a tool but well, these tools mostly approve of their leaders, contrarily to Ns.

da_ben_dan24

Redshirt
Local time
-->
SP's "rule" the world because they form the overwhelming majority.
SJ's rule t"he world because they are demanding and stubborn, and they aren't afraid to spread their views. The SP's become convinced (because they're SP), and we have a Sensor-archy.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
SP's "rule" the world because they form the overwhelming majority.
SJ's rule t"he world because they are demanding and stubborn, and they aren't afraid to spread their views. The SP's become convinced (because they're SP), and we have a Sensor-archy.
1. No, the SPs are not the overwhelming majority.
2. Being in a majority does not mean you Rule. For instance there is always more Lower-class than their are nobles, but it is nobles that have all of the power.
3. SPs don't usually care that much about worldviews, so they are not very often on any side in particular, as for the ones that are, they are equally spread on all sides.
4. SJs are no more guilty of pushing agendas than NJs are.

Haiduc

Local time
-->
In the UK, MBTI isn't half as well-known as it seems to be in the US, so I think we probably have a more naive approach to it. With this in mind, I would be surprised if there was as much deliberate test manipulation as the critique suggests - certainly in the context of work-place advancement.

My own view is that it is a tool: what you make of it is up to you. If you use a vacuum cleaner to wash your clothes, it probably won't do a good job. That's not a fault of the vacuum cleaner. If you use a vacuum cleaner to suck dirt off the floor, it probably will. Even then, it might not do as good a job another type of cleaner, but you get the picture...

From my own personal, anecdotal evidence (as it were), it seems to be quite on-the-money. Unfortunately, I don't really know many other people who have done it, and even fewer who are actually into it (see para1). (The result is that I end up boring a lot of people to death about it!)

Funnily enough though, and getting back onto the OP, the managers at my work all took it the other day. The result - a real dominance of SJs!!! So they certainly rule my work!!!

Marbas

Keeplookingblowfly
Local time
-->

You are my new hero sir.

Top Bottom