• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Why INTP and ENTJ?

SkyWalker

observing y'all from my UFO. inevitably coming dow
Local time
Today 6:46 AM
-->
The matching theory is:
Any Te-dom (ENTJ or ESTJ) is an ideal match with a Ti-dom (INTP or ISTP).

ideal match = the extraversion/introversion fliipped version of your first function, for any type

what is ideal match? ideal conversation partner? ideal team mate? (does it also sexually attract? i dont think so, at least not for me: a man that is visually sexually attracted mostly to be honest)

Please, lets get into a conversation in this thread about the WHY of the matching principle...

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 4:46 PM
-->
That principle is wrong ; )

Ti and Te aren't an ideal match at all with respect to each other. Rather, Te dominants and Ti dominants do match each other, because of their socionics base vs creative difference, both Te ego. From that respect they -are- an ideal match, which is why for exmaple INTP and INTJ aren't. Actually they are not very socially compatible at all, they just happen to enjoy similar material and surroundings.

There is much to say on this.

Silent Fury

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 11:46 PM
-->
I don't know any ENTJ's in RL, but I love em already. There's this show I watch called Vampire Diaries which I only watch cuz of the ENTJ. Katherine. I don't think I've ever been more in love with a character/person/type. Everything about her is amazing, plus her actress is very hot. Other people say that other people from other shows are ENTJ'S but they're MUST be wrong. If anything they're ESTJ's. I'm sure I'd know I they're were ENTJ'S. Well that's all I have to say. This relationship is ideal, I'm sure of it.

TriflinThomas

Bitch, don't kill my vibe...
Local time
Yesterday 10:46 PM
-->
I don't quite understand perfectly why these two types are idealy matched, and I am looking for someone with insight on this.

Thank you.
My best friend (a girl) is ENTJ and we're always together. We have no problem being silent, she shares my interest in knowledge; but most importantly, she's been one of the major catalysts in my growth. She tells me when I'm being too introverted (she calls it "being a bitch") and I tell her when she's being too extroverted (I call it "being abrasive"). We've actually helped each other grow because we each possess the opposite functions of each other.

verter2k

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:46 AM
-->
Thanks you all. My ex gf was ENTJ and I'm INTP. It was about 4 years and well, most of the comments I've found here are damn true. If I were found this 5 years ago I bet we be still together right now..ughhhh

INTPs strengths are:

- keep calm all the time, even when everything is blowing up
- makes idea out of nothing (it looks like that externally) on any topic
- knows a lot of things, especially when you need it right now

ENTJs strengths are:

- solid, bold, and decisive - other way much less number of things will come to their end
- took critique relatively well, we need just find exact specific reasons to explain it won't work that way
- really get you out of your dreams when you need it (no matter how painfully it could be)

I'm sorry for my English, but guys/girls - you're the best! I've never seen better explanation of what's going on between these two types... And well, remember, people are much more complex creatures that just 16 types... yet it helps, surely.

P.S. there are not too many ENTJ-females in this world... very pity, have to look around some business schools ;-)

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
This is funny.
Intp, my fiancee is an ENTJ.
His perfect honesty, fowardness, is sometimes frustrating. IE. Being friends with Ex's, they mean nothing anyway, what is the deal??? attitude (though I KNOW he means it) still plays on my mind way too much. Is it a trait of INTP's to be jealous???

Other than that. Perfect relationship. Work well as a team.

Both artists! DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT think that they will calm your grandiose ideas!!! More likely to think of things to add to them! What I can say is that they will push you to finish them, and push you to a higher standard.

We are getting married. Our ambition, to build a real life castle. We want to be under way when we are 40. Oh well 20-25 years time, I will let you know if it is happened. If it has, it is a pretty good clue that the types make for a good partnership.

Awwwwwww, that's cute. :)

-Duxwing

viche

Local time
-->
In socionics these two types are in relations of extinguishment. This isn't the ideal relationship type (their ideal for INTP is the ESFJ and for ENTJ is the ISFP) but it's often attractive because one person can reveal something which the other one hasn't even considered.

Going deeper into theory, in socionics these two types have compatible (dual) cognitive styles. ENTJ has vortical-synergetic thinking style which is same as that of INTP's dual the ESFJ. The other two types that have this style are the INFJ and the ISTJ and not surprisingly INTPs get attracted to both of these types too. (INTP in socionics is closest to LII/INTj which is their TiNe type).

subwayrider

INTP wannabe
Local time
-->
My best friend (a girl) is ENTJ and we're always together. We have no problem being silent, she shares my interest in knowledge; but most importantly, she's been one of the major catalysts in my growth. She tells me when I'm being too introverted (she calls it "being a bitch") and I tell her when she's being too extroverted (I call it "being abrasive"). We've actually helped each other grow because we each possess the opposite functions of each other.

Right. I only know about some of the MB, not Socionics, pairing theories.

In some of them, you're most attracted to the person whose dominant is your Fifth function.

Personally, I feel the most raw and real attraction for the type that shares the precise order of my root functions, but actually none of the same functions: ENFP. Some people find a problem with this kind of pairing: what is communication and interaction supposed to be based on if there are no tandems? It's for that reason that some consider the ENTP to be the better match.

But, I think sharing the exact order of the root N-T-F-S, or any variant, makes for a very interesting situation. It is one where you feel simultaneously extremely similar but also quite different. It keeps things very interesting because you both have the same outlook, but you don't know where the person is coming from half the time. It keeps you guessing.

NOTE: I've never been in a long-term relationship, so I wouldn't know if it actually works out beyond a short-lived fascination. :rip:

QuietFire

black magician
Local time
Today 7:46 AM
-->
I was in love with an ENTJ, and we were together for a while. But now after having said some nasty things (from me due to frustration), I am not sure about the relationship anymore.

He was always the stable rock, and I was the one who is always unsure, and rock the boat all the time.

I find that ENTJs lack warmth and love that I really need.

INTP have feelings too! And we are a romantic type that ENTJ seem to completely care less about.

I don't know, I always imagined a better match to be ENFJ or ENFP but I never had the chance to be with either (maybe the latter, I have once - but it was short-lived.)

UMR

Redshirt
Local time
-->
ENTJ/INTP are very naturally in-tune with each other.

I'm a female ENTJ, dating a male INTP.

I feel as though I'm the only person in the world who might have the patience and persistence in "dealing with" the INTP. He flip-flops on everything so much, and I seem to provide a certain guidance and drag him back down to reality when he goes off in his own world.

Unfortunately, most of the communication has to come from me interpreting his implication. The INTP doesn't seem to want to be told what to do or be at all "interpreted", so I have to suggest things lightly in order to not intrude on his personal space.

Yet, at the same time, there are times when I have to reach in there and pull him out of his states. I will lay everything out the way I see it, but will usually follow up with, "Is this correct?" so that it doesn't seem like I'm totally imposing my thoughts on him.

The INTP and ENTJ relationship is definitely fantastic, albeit lonely. Because INTP's are so lost in their own world, the ENTJ has to force their way into that world. Therefore, bringing back experiences to the real world makes it hard for an ENTJ to talk about it with others because of how special and unique this relationship tends to be. It's extremely personal, and because of NT, it's very hard for anyone else to grasp the dynamics of the relationship.

This is my personal experience, anyway. :P

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->

Doesn't sound like it judging by your other thread.

I feel as though I'm the only person in the world who might have the patience and persistence in "dealing with" the INTP.

Mm.

He flip-flops on everything so much, and I seem to provide a certain guidance and drag him back down to reality when he goes off in his own world.

Mmm.

Unfortunately, most of the communication has to come from me interpreting his implication.

Mm.

The INTP doesn't seem to want to be told what to do or be at all

Oh so you do know..

Yet, at the same time, there are times when I have to reach in there and pull him out of his states. I will lay everything out the way I see it, but will usually follow up with, "Is this correct?" so that it doesn't seem like I'm totally imposing my thoughts on him.

Reasonable.

The INTP and ENTJ relationship is definitely fantastic, albeit lonely.

That doesn't sound right..

Because INTP's are so lost in their own world, the ENTJ has to force their way into that world.

Not all those who wonder are lost - I'd tell you to bogoff.

Therefore, bringing back experiences to the real world makes it hard for an ENTJ to talk about it with others because of how special and unique this relationship tends to be. It's extremely personal, and because of NT, it's very hard for anyone else to grasp the dynamics of the relationship.

I get that.. See you over at your thread.

UMR

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I guess it was deleted, haha.

Oh well, w/e.

ENTJ/INTP are certainly in tune with each other! I didn't really mention any of the good stuff... :) It's really fun to listen to the thoughts/ramblings of the INTP. I love to listen and when they talk themselves to the point where -they're- confused, I can usually offer a couple words that will steer them back on track. If it starts to get too depressing and negative, then I'll offer words of support and explain how they're being logical or illogical about a given situation.

By "force my way into their world", I guess I moreso meant that I have to show that I'm cool with hanging around on his terms, rather than mine. The "force" part comes from, following through the fog can be extremely difficult, but I'm proving that I'm standing my ground by hanging around in there. :P That part always seems to surprise the INTP I'm thinking of. He usually expects me to have gotten bored and left or something.

AmacdaTNPI

AnonymousINTP
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
Well, my best friend is an ENTJ and I'm a stereotypical INTP who's been thinking more than anything else my whole life and I've known he's an entj but I never understood the theory on how they connect until recently, out of all the types, INTP and ENTJ are the only two types with a lead thinking function and an auxiliary intuition function. Because of this they are both lead with thinking functions and get along so we'll cause they usually stay on the same page on topics all the time in which other types wouldn't even understand the topics and they love working out intellectual thinking mind puzzles til they get to the bottom of the truth. They are the only two NTs with a leading thinking function so they get a lot of sympathy for each other and the best thing is, they think I'm different ways. Extroverted thinking and introverted thinking so their chemistry is perfect cause they think of what the other can't I'm most situations

CloudHidden

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:46 AM
-->
He’s dead. He killed himself. A fact which is not really relevant to the topic of this thread. But I told enough of our story here that I wanted to let you all know how it ended. I really loved him.

I will never forget exactly what I was doing when I found out. There’s a lot of things I’m afraid I will never forget. I did this once before. My boyfriend of seven years died suddenly - that was years ago. It is such an overwhelming kind of pain. When your lover dies so does a piece of you.

I’m tired of going through all this heartache shit. I hope I never have feelings for anyone ever again.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
-->
ENTJ is just extraverted INTP, if you mix INTP and ENTJ you will get balanced NT. When I was reading ENTJ descriptions for the first time I was amazed how much they are similar to us, I can even say that I'm ENTJ when I feel more extraverted
(examples)
When I played in WoW as a tank I was focused on finishing instance as fast as I can, I told people what to do, never do stops, people had problem with following me, because I was going so fast forward xD I was also angry why people are not focused on game and they slow me...

while in group I also tend to take a charge, today I had rehearsal in choir, I took all tenors and we tried to learn new song, so I knew the best method to do this and made sure that we learn it in efficient and smooth way.

the relationship though is weak, we have same weakneses, strenghts and we can't support each other, moreover we are competition to each other. And while it can be fascinating from time to time, it isn't good for a long run, because there is a lack of feelings and conflict about tasks that both sides hate (feelings and sensing).

Commander 9953

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:46 PM
-->

I feel as though I'm the only person in the world who might have the patience and persistence in "dealing with" the INTP. He flip-flops on everything so much, and I seem to provide a certain guidance and drag him back down to reality when he goes off in his own world.

Unfortunately, most of the communication has to come from me interpreting his implication. The INTP doesn't seem to want to be told what to do or be at all "interpreted", so I have to suggest things lightly in order to not intrude on his personal space.

The INTP and ENTJ relationship is definitely fantastic, albeit lonely. Because INTP's are so lost in their own world, the ENTJ has to force their way into that world. Therefore, bringing back experiences to the real world makes it hard for an ENTJ to talk about it with others because of how special and unique this relationship tends to be. It's extremely personal, and because of NT, it's very hard for anyone else to grasp the dynamics of the relationship.

ENTJ and INTP i believe are a perfect match being that I'm an ENTJ and my Fiancee is a INTP I couldn't ask for a deeper and more loving connection, I'm a little emotionless but he will be straight forward and I'll make more of an effort to show my love. It's all about communication and he is the only other person who I can be 100% myself with and never have a worry.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
-->

ENTJ and INTP i believe are a perfect match being that I'm an ENTJ and my Fiancee is a INTP I couldn't ask for a deeper and more loving connection, I'm a little emotionless but he will be straight forward and I'll make more of an effort to show my love. It's all about communication and he is the only other person who I can be 100% myself with and never have a worry.

May I ask what is both of your careers, do you ever have to compete with each other in a career environment?

Top Bottom