• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Who am I, what is this?!

What type do I seem to be? o.OOO

• Total voters

galaticgoose

u wot m8
Local time
Today 6:07 AM
-->
Hey, INTPs. I need some insight.

After getting banned from the INTJ forum (sneaky things managed to find out my real age :confused:) I came to the next best place: the INTP forum. Kidding, of course. I've just discovered this place; I would've been here all along. <3

Anyway, the people on the INTJ forum think I'm some sort of ENxP based on a questionnaire I shall post below. I'd love it if you could help me figure myself out, even if just a little.

Obviously, a person's type and personality is a lot more complex that can be gathered from Q&A, but, nonetheless...

What is beauty? What is love?
I'm not sure how to define either of these. i think beauty could possibly be a spark of something that is linked to a generally positive emotion: happiness, joy, nostalgia, and excitement (at the possibility of something new and interesting) are all aspects of beauty to me. Beauty can often please the five senses, but for me truly finding something beautiful is a lot more intricate than *just* aesthetically pleasing - it has to truly mean something deep down in your own inner world that cannot always be absolutely replicated to the external world, as it is so personal.

Love a chemical reaction in the brain?

What are your most important values?
The answer to this question would require a 10 page essay that I cannot be arsed to write. And yes, I am 2deep4u

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Naw, man. Holding a religious belief, is like, so conformist. But really, I know too much about religion and how illogical and manipulative it is too get too involved in that. I don't feel like I'm a spiritual person, either; I just am. I'll inevitably change and grown and develop. I don't feel like my internal thoughts and values and feelings are linear or sensical enough to be defined. See previous question in relation to ma dEepne$$.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I don't see the point in them. We have the ability to provide a sort of human-utopia wherein everyone could have the ability to be happy and healthy and creative and intelligent...but we're too pre-occupied in comparing dick size and fighting over things that don't matter. We're all going to be dead in the ground one day - so why spend so much money on trying to rule over people for things that, in the long run (or the big picture or whatver) don't matter? Some may say human nature...what about social conditioning?

As for power: well, dominating other people (hehe) doesn't do much for me. I'd rather have power over myself and decisions. In fact, no: I need it. I need to have control over my own decisions and thoughts and choices. I need to be able to keep my options open and I need room for error and mistakes and learning. Anything that can't permit that is just...ugh.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Film, music, books, intentions, origins-of-the-universe theories, what-if questions, feels...yeah. Science. Philosophy. Bordering on nihilism in some cases.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Yessssssss. Any day on the week. Particularly on a Sunday, as Sunday is the day of rest, and I like to ride my bike past the suckers in church.

I'm actually very interested in nutrition, though. It also brings me great joy that Conventional Wisdom is more often than not dead wrong, and I know better.

What do you think of daily chores?
Boring. Necessary...maybe? Sometimes? Always boring, though.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Let the Right One In. Brilliant and heart-achingly sad.

So heart-achingly sad because of the pure juxtaposition between love and innocence; and hate and hard, cold, realism. The setting reflects the characters and some passages made me connect with the author's message and the main character so much.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Movies and books and certain experiences make me cry; but more things make me smile.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I actually love scenery; but I don't really feel a sense of belonging anywhere in particular. I think that's all to do with one's mindset and perception of reality.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I can be very disorganised and scatter-brained, which annoys my friends. I also often seek outside validation, despite me wanting to be colder and more calculating. Also, this may be a part of growing up, but when someone says something that is plain wrong or offensive, I just jump in and eat him alive. It's a verbal shark attack

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Quick-witted, fun, smart (?) talkative (in a good way?)

I like...I dunno...I can find the best in some things? I have a wide variety of interests? I'm interested in things and will respond like an hyperactive puppy if you like the thing/want to hear about the thing?

In what areas of your life would you like help?
Maths. Pls help me. I love it. I love the theories and solving things is very fun. I'm just no good at it.

Also, i like the way my life is going, but I often need reassurance. Which is another flaw. Moving on...

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
No, not really. Life is always changing and evolving and new experiences pop up out of everywhere. Good and bad days are a part of this ever-continuing yet non-linear life and I should be accepted. As Mr Vonnegut says, "so it goes".

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like so many things about people. That's what I love about people: they're so different. They all have good and bad qualities and all of their brains are ready to be pick(l)ed.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I dunno. I'm 15. Let me now access the primitive part of my brain: mmm sex yeah.

But really, they're very personal to everyone and should not be defined by what is socially acceptable: eg, dominating male and submitting female. Do you like it, does your partner like it, and are you not hurting anyone? go for it, man. Do it all day long.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
If they became needy and dependant and unhappy and unoriginal. I'd want to teach my child to be insightful, perceptive, and questioning at an early age. I'd teach them as soon as I could "you may see some people do this or say this, and unfortunately they're entitled to that opinion, but you know differently" I'd teach them the always unbiased facts about everything, and let them develop their own moral values as they grow and mature. I wouldn't force anything on them.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Tell 'em what I think and believe. Shrug it off if they can't see the facts and opinions.

*but inwardly im dieing <33"

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I dunno. I don't really participate. I just am. Again, we are back to 2deep4u, but I feel removed from society. I feel like I've sort of defined myself, even if that sounds stupid and naive. I don't do something because it's socially acceptable: I do it because it's good or right, regardless of what people say.

I love people. Individual people. People as a whole...can be bad. But within this body of bad is a person with thoughts and feelings and rich emotions...so people are people, and a person is a person.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I can't seem to recall how I chose my friends...we just sort of gravitated towards each other.

i act myself around them. If you can't act yourself around friends, then who are you?

How do you behave around strangers?
Cordial, with a hint of silliness when the, uh, time is right.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 2:07 AM
-->
Wait... how old are you? *suspicious*

;)

.... still reading.
EDIT: Oh. There you posted it.
Do they actually have an age limit at INTJf? srsly??

galaticgoose

u wot m8
Local time
-->
Wait... how old are you? *suspicious*

;)

.... still reading.
EDIT: Oh. There you posted it.
Do they actually have an age limit at INTJf? srsly??

Yeah! I've been banned for life :') I mean, come on, even bars are a little more lenient than that...

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yeah! I've been banned for life :')

Yeesh. We joke here about how stringent they are, but that's pretty reedic.

I mean, come on, even bars are a little more lenient than that...

Maybe in England.

I think in the US (probably depends on state), you can get into bar/restaurants at a younger age, but I think bar/clubs might typically have 18 as a minimum, and they'll marked you as under 21 so you won't get served.

It tells you how much I go out (not!) that I have no real idea of the specifics, doh.

galaticgoose

u wot m8
Local time
-->
Yeesh. We joke here about how stringent they are, but that's pretty reedic.

It's a shame, too. I was quite enjoying that forum. Ah well: this 'un seems a little more fun and lighthearted. So far, of course :P

Maybe in England.

I think in the US (probably depends on state), you can get into bar/restaurants at a younger age, but I think bar/clubs might typically have 18 as a minimum, and they'll marked you as under 21 so you won't get served.

It tells you how much I go out (not!) that I have no real idea of the specifics, doh.

Yeah, the legal drinking age here is 18, but when you're 16 you can have a drink as long as you're having a meal (if you've ever seen The Inbetweeners you'd know what I mean :P) and at 14 you're allowed in most pubs.

Hawkeye

Banned
Local time
-->
What are your opinions on Vimto vs Ribena?

Foxman49

Subsisting
Local time
-->
I'm getting the XNFP vibe from you. Since you seem to self identify as an extrovert, I'll vote ENFP.

Local time
Yesterday 11:07 PM
-->
I thought it meant what is my type...so ignore my answer.... :storks:

I was unable to determine your type from those questions, but definitely not an SJ.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
I think you are more ENFP than ENTP. The main reason is because of the way you answer the second question; you have values. I can see some Extroverted Intuition in these:

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I actually love scenery; but I don't really feel a sense of belonging anywhere in particular. I think that's all to do with one's mindset and perception of reality.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I can be very disorganised and scatter-brained, which annoys my friends. I also often seek outside validation, despite me wanting to be colder and more calculating. Also, this may be a part of growing up, but when someone says something that is plain wrong or offensive, I just jump in and eat him alive. It's a verbal shark attack

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Quick-witted, fun, smart (?) talkative (in a good way?)
So, ENFP and then ENTP, in my opinion. But if you compare Extroverted Feeling (ENTP) to Introverted Feeling (ENFP), I think you can pin it down.

Fi people suppress their feelings
Fe people express their feelings

Fi
Feeling people makes decisions based on feelings, so the Introverted Feeling function allows a person to know what they value. It is the ability to see through others and know what they are really like as if they had an internal radar. When it identifies a person with similar values there is a desire to connect.
Fe
Feeling people make decisions based on feelings, so the Extraverted Feeling function allows a person to adjust their behavior to the needs of others. Is it the ability to relate and the desire to connect with others with warmth and consideration. It draws others out and responds to expressed or unexpressed needs.
Source: some guy named Time at http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...d-feeling-vs-extroverted-feeling.html[/COLOR]

galaticgoose

u wot m8
Local time
-->
I think you are more ENFP than ENTP. The main reason is because of the way you answer the second question; you have values. I can see some Extroverted Intuition in these:

So, ENFP and then ENTP, in my opinion. But if you compare Extroverted Feeling (ENTP) to Introverted Feeling (ENFP), I think you can pin it down.

Yeah, ENFP does sound more plausible...anyway, thanks :)

Top Bottom