• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

Which tv series are you watching?

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today, 22:04
I'm currently watching Chernobyl which I enjoy. Pretty engaging show which also reminds you of how fragile society is if there is a catastrophe. Or how people tend to dismiss issues they don't want to be real. If there is ever a show to reminds us how fucked up things are, this is it

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time
Today, 21:04
Last time I watched a tv series was a couple of years ago, but that time I watched “The Knick”, which is arguably the best thing I’ve ever seen. A true masterpiece.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today, 15:04
I hate fake audiences and that's mostly what I think of TV.

Viaterum Orbis

Game Master this time
Local time
Today, 16:04
Chernobyl is awesome, altough I'm a couple episodes behind. The Knick is also, but the ending was quite lame...

Currently I'm waiting for the last season of Mr. Robot and the next of Westworld. Super hyped for both, totally recommended.

Happy

ENTP
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:04
Barry

It’s truly a masterpiece.

I finished it (so far) about a couple weeks ago, as it was running simultaneous to GoT. Easily the best series on TV IMO. Better than The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, the Wire, Horace and Pete, and even [sneers] Game of Thrones.

Polaris

Radioactive vision
Local time
Today, 09:04
I am severely bored with visual media, bored with being fed pre-fabricated imagery. Currently, I am finding more satisfaction in audiobooks and contemporary experimental music as these seem to provide me with some kind of autonomous mind imagery. Just generally bored with mindless "entertainment". Almost like a rebellious refusal of other-generated dictation of what I should be enjoying.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
[sneers] Game of Thrones.
I've never seen a full episode of that show, but I'm a loner and don't have anyone to watch it with. That's what people do, right? Watch TV shows and movies with people? Sorry for the obscurity, I am trying.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today, 13:04
Yeah, I have no one to watch it with. I could almost imagine being in a relationship or having friends to throw TV viewing parties/gatherings with, or something. A relationship especially then wouldn't just be waiting all day to go to sleep together that night out of excitement. The more things you can relate to the better, although, it shouldn't be a competition especially between you and your romantic partner to see who is the best at something or who is more familiar with what set of knowledge. Awkward bonding can have unpredictable results, probably.

washti

rr
Local time
i kinda had time when watching tv shows with people (i was 20-21) I remember firefly and bing bang theory? actually it was + beer + getting stoned. I don't miss it at all.

As for tv shows now i had a go with Chernobyl and The Kinks. Watched first episodes.

I don't know if this is a question of sensitivity or a long lack of contact with television (a few years) or something else - but - both shows have caused a great deal of anxiety in me. The authors accumulated in them so many unpleasant sensory stimuli and themes that I had to rewind.

They are really fighting for the viewer as much as they can. ;-)

I will continue watching 1st episode of shows from this thread and my small list composed from reddit recommendations for infp and intj to keep an eye on what entertainment is now popular.

TV show I watched the whole season (and enjoyed it - 0 forcing myself to finish!) is Anne. I'm a little afraid that 2 is not so good anymore so I do not watch. :p
If someone know a show with a similar warm atmosphere and acting level, tell me. thanks

Viaterum Orbis

Game Master this time
Local time
Today, 16:04
Maybe 'Stan Against Evil'? I only saw season one, it's a mixup between a sitcom and survival horror series. There's also 'The Orville'; some weird copy of Star Trek I've heard about.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today, 13:04
Daredevil, on Netflix

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
I am watching worst week, which is pretty hilarious thing. But I only have one season cause I think there wasnt anything after- I suppose they cancled the show.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
I think the last time I watched drama it was Rome on HBO. That was pretty good watch. Otherwise I dont like drama or too serious stuff. Like I totally got bored with game of thrones and I pushed through with episodes, because I thought Id like fantasy and maybe just few of the episodes are boring and it will get better as the story develops, but it didnt.
Chernobyl is about a real event, but its actually not real at all. I mean I hate stuff thats about real world stuff and you know its all a fairytale.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
I think the last time I watched drama it was Rome on HBO. That was pretty good watch.
I coincidentally watched Rome s1 recently. What did you like about it? Why did you like it if you don't like that type of shows normally?

I think they did a good job of portraying sociopaths aka atia (was that her name?)

;) the Germans sure know how to make a good series:
Have 1 episode left of Dark season 2. I guess I'm kinda at the I wont know whether this is good or bad until I see the ending stage. There's a lot of work behind it, though, daym.

Kormak

Local time
Today, 23:04
Have 1 episode left of Dark season 2. I guess I'm kinda at the I wont know whether this is good or bad until I see the ending stage. There's a lot of work behind it, though, daym.
:p last ep was gr8, she was getting really annoying, finally someone shut her up.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
:p last ep was gr8, she was getting really annoying, finally someone shut her up.
My first thought after watching the last episode was:

Daym, this is never gonna end, is it? Throwing in parallel universes or what is, piling up complexities. I fear it's moving towards milking this series for however long they profit from it. It kinda didn't seem like throwing parallel universes/ timelines was part of the original plot, that it's just a way to extend the show. I hope I'm wrong, but I guess I've gotten kinda cynical and pessimistic about television.

lightfire

Local time
The show I'm watching keeps doing that every season, just bring up something from it's history that somehow ties into the original plot just to extend the show.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
Archer. Gave it a shot many years ago, didn't like it. Tried it again, and now I realize I used to have shit taste.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
I coincidentally watched Rome s1 recently. What did you like about it? Why did you like it if you don't like that type of shows normally?

I think they did a good job of portraying sociopaths aka atia (was that her name?)
Back at the time I remember I though it was very convincing in developing characters in the historical context. I think a lot of it was great and the ambienc of the whole movie and the drama tone they set was pretty interesting. I dont like movies like it, especially I hate drama. Drama for drama even more. But I liked it in sense the drama was kind of real and meaningful. Lots of tragedy and shit, but I guess those times people didnt have it easy.
Here is good review of the series by History Buffs if you like, and he goes into great detail about the show. Spoilers obviously...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTmgHCVWgg

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time

Back at the time I remember I though it was very convincing in developing characters in the historical context. I think a lot of it was great and the ambienc of the whole movie and the drama tone they set was pretty interesting. I dont like movies like it, especially I hate drama. Drama for drama even more. But I liked it in sense the drama was kind of real and meaningful. Lots of tragedy and shit, but I guess those times people didnt have it easy.
Here is good review of the series by History Buffs if you like, and he goes into great detail about the show. Spoilers obviously...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTmgHCVWgg

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Have you tried watching like rectify, sopranos, breaking bad? Rectify being my favorite of those

I enjoy series that I find are able to portray people's feelings and functioning and how that can lead them to behave as they do, even when horribly. I'm kinda curious as to whether the current Joker film is able to pull that off in a good way. I guess generally, I find it hard to enjoy a tv series where characters are lacking in... like being actual people... I also usually take that as an indicator of whether a show is going to be good or not. Generally if the men and women are all 10/10 models running around in sexy clothing, you're not gonna get depth of story or original characters. It's gonna be bland, annoying characters that do stupid shit.

Top Bottom