• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Which INTP type are you?

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
Maybe that's true, I hate having my hair long and I don't really care for drugs. The longest of my hair is down to my chin right now. It feels so f-ing long.

ckm

still swimming
Local time
-->
My result was INFP, as usual. I'm still convinced that I'm INTP though. The order is IPNF, so I suppose IPNT-"the deadhead" is closest.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
Does it not sound like you? I wonder if INFPs have a subtyping thing like this?

ckm

still swimming
Local time
-->
All of the types would have order in their letters in terms of preference too, so why not? I don't think anything is written in stone to be honest.

"The deadhead" suits me quite well, actually - better than any of the other combinations.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
I guess the person on central must've been the one to write the descriptions? I couldn't ever figure out if there were other sources or not.

Firehazard159

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
That was my presumption, as they didn't link to anywhere else, though they could've stolen it :P

At least I linked back to them... heh. He does say "*I* decided to break it down."

So, it's the work of one bored dude. :P

Deleted member 1424

Reposting, as I've realized I'm much more N than T dominant.

Most likely:

NTPI-"the arcologist"
The second of the pure rationals, the NTPI tends towards creating utopian architectures. It does this out of a strong intuition of global truth.

Possible:
NPTI-"the mediator"
With a kind, agreeable nature, this subtype wants to classify and sort much like the NPIT, but tries to do this from within whichever system is dominant.

:confused:

Adymus

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:42 PM
-->
I guess the person on central must've been the one to write the descriptions? I couldn't ever figure out if there were other sources or not.
No, there isn't. It's effectively a flawed model that is based on a flawed model.

Nicholas A. A. E.

formerly of the Basque-lands
Local time
-->
I was too lazy to take the career-test test, so I just went with my mypersonality results. Though I didn't think their test was that great. Just because I am considerate of others' emotions, doesn't make me less a T type. Or does it?

Of course, this exercise makes no sense considering the cognitive function basis of the Myers-Briggs types. And some of the descriptions sounded pretty ridiculous.

58% I, 84% N, 58% T and 63% P.

NTIP-"the armchair general"
One of two pure rationals-this type likes to win. It will usually win long before playing the game, having created and perfected the gaming system.

NITP-"the loyalist"
The first of our value-heavy subtypes, the NITP creates an identity through adherence to usually one thought-style or system-style (which may evolve slowly over the years), finding the similarity of all things within this frame.

Of all 24 options, I identified with the loyalist NITP the most. Go figure.

INTP-"the unabomber"
With the strong sense of values and identity, this type leads to a greater truth by quiet example.
Okay, uh, ROFL.

Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
IPTN-"the stoner"
Stoned or not, this type uses themselves as the basic element in their fantasy world. Consequently, they tend to make very self-indulgent frameworks to inhabit.

Not a very flattering description but in all honesty it's the one that fits me most accurately.

Scourgexlvii

Kind of like Batman... but completely different
Local time
-->
IPTN-"the stoner"
Stoned or not, this type uses themselves as the basic element in their fantasy world. Consequently, they tend to make very self-indulgent frameworks to inhabit.

Tis me. Not only do I live in my own fantasy worlds (to an extent), but I have been mistaken to have been stoned due to my complexities of thought in my fantasy worlds. Also due to my nonsequituriness *Turns into a pig:pigs:*

Radioactive_Springtime

Local time
-->
"the stoner" or "the saboteur"

JUN

Watching the Watchers
Local time
-->
One of these two, since i retook my test and got:
clear.gif
clear.gif

Extraverted
5%
Introverted
clear.gif

95%
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Sensing
0%
Intuition
clear.gif

100%
clear.gif

clear.gif

Thinking
clear.gif

74%
Feeling
26%
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Judging
clear.gif

5%
Perceiving
95%
clear.gif

NPIT-"the niche maker"
This type tends to create systems starting from a specific example, creating the framework to fit the criteria of the intuition-object. They want to find a place for everything, and a frame big enough for everyone.

NIPT-"the virus"
This identity subtype tries to infect others with a prevailing thought in order to create self-replicating satelites. The best memes are created by the NIPT.

Local time
Yesterday 11:42 PM
-->
ITNP-"slow burn"
These annihilate their personalities with their razor brains, and can get into J/P spirals that can lead to madness and suicide.

My results based on the mypersonality test. Sadly, this actually matches my personality decently well until very recently. While I like the idea of subtypes it does appear that this attempt needs much more work in order to make it a valid template. A two sentence description doesn't provide nearly enough information to please me either.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
I got 'the virus' which is pretty accurate in some cases. Actually I do this with almost every person I meet. I'm always making new inside jokes. It forms an almost sacred bond with the other person when only you two are in the know.

sniktawekim

Local time
-->
Introverted (I) 96% Extraverted (E) 4% Intuitive (N) 100% Sensing (S) 0% Thinking (T) 90% Feeling (F) 10% Perceiving (P) 91% Judging (J) 9%
The "Virus"

Wish

Wellington
Local time
Today 12:42 AM
-->
INPT-"bodhidharma"
This type, the second of the hermit-like INs, seeks obliteration of the personality through calm meditation.

IPNT-"the deadhead"
These types tend to be long-simmering hippies, who are secretly yearning for a simpler existence, usually involving nature or anachronism.

These are pretty accurate I think.

bluesquid

Local time
-->
PINT fits, I will be anything in the moment, within INTP.

For me recently, I and N are weak.

I will never allow P to weaken. Maybe why its first.

At times INTP's you need to weaken your intuition and become more sensual.

And being extroverted at times doesnt hurt.

ESTP isnt bad in hard times. Its sensible.

Why my ESTP friend keeps me around. Im of use, and a leader.

Zero

The Fiend
Local time
-->
Fire, well I guess we'll have to go command that analyzing bastard to do the rest of um. It would be more legit just to go around and get people's strength order and descriptions of themselves...

Adymus, Get Over it.

Irishpenguin

Local time
-->
apparently It said I was a

PINT-"the secret prostitute"
The first of our identity-strong subtypes, they court several identities at once without thought of global inconsistency.

*my thoughts*

"Oh great.....I'm a male prostitute for the FBI"

ckm

still swimming
Local time
-->
apparently It said I was a

PINT-"the secret prostitute"
The first of our identity-strong subtypes, they court several identities at once without thought of global inconsistency.

*my thoughts*

"Oh great.....I'm a male prostitute for the FBI"

Perception Introversion iNtuition Thinking;

PINT;

Irishpenguin;

Haha.

(You're not allowed to take offense, I'm Irish too.)

dopigsfly123

Redshirt
Local time
-->
ITNP-"slow burn"
These annihilate their personalities with their razor brains, and can get into J/P spirals that can lead to madness and suicide.

Lovely.

bovinity

Local time
-->
TPNI-"the actuary"
This type is the most ambivalent of identity as well as the most logical of the subtypes. The pure debater.

The ambivalent about identity thing I can see in myself. Most logical? Maybe.

Chronomar

NOPE
Local time
-->
I'm a cross between two types, as my T is equal in percentage to my N. (both 95%)

TNIP-"the global paradox"
This is the first of the two flipped rationals. From a long tradition of having their N destroy the workings of their T, the TNIP has found a way to boil anything down to a single metaphorical paradox.

NTIP-"the armchair general"
One of two pure rationals-this type likes to win. It will usually win long before playing the game, having created and perfected the gaming system.

jachian

Local time
-->
INTP-"the unabomber"
With the strong sense of values and identity, this type leads to a greater truth by quiet example.

Yeah this....... Possibly....

dbtng_thomas

Local time
-->
As many have noted, these tests are extremely subjective and far too brief to give detailed results. The MyPersonality test came out either PTNI or PNTI. (N and T were both 89%.)

That 'secret prostitute' category was the one that really caught my interest. It's not that I like the label or think it's cool. There was an unpleasant shock of recognition that I can't deny. Whether or not that's my 'type', there is something for me to learn by examining it.

- dt

Arcticz_Hawk

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm a mix between "the Cutter" and "the Stoner".

-______-

Both make sense, but... sh*t

*not sure if swearing is allowed

dbtng_thomas

Local time
-->
@Arctic - Hehe. Yeah, some of those categories aren't real complimentary. Mine made sense too, including the larger category of 'P-type': The Improviser, but I wasn't too happy to see that Secret Prostitute thing.

- dt

Rational Fool

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Interesting theory but there is a system to which of the letters is dominant. In the Myers Briggs the two middle letters is how you gather info and how you make desicions while the first and last is just how you react to people or events in a way. Meaning that the first and the last cant be a trait just the measurment of a trait.
For Example
INTP=TNSF
The Last letter (P or J) is what determines which of the two middle traits we show to the outside world. So since INTP are Ps we show the N. It makes since if you think about it, because Ps like to take there time and Js want a descion made. So when reacting with others Ps will show there N or S to people, and Js there Ts and Fs
Now the First letter (E or I) reveals which is the dominate trait. Extrovert people will always be true to what they show, meaning that the dominate trait is the trait they use to react with people. While Introverts like seclusion (some types more then others) so the trait they show to people is the secondary. Meaning that in our case (intp) that would make our dominate trait Thinking.
After you figure out Which is secondary and dominate the rest is easy. Since our dominate trait is thinking that means are least devolped trait is Feeling making Sensing 3rd making us a TNSF

Gather_Wanderer

Space Jokes.
Local time
-->
Took the MBTI test yet again in order to determine this. My intuition is a bit lower than I last tested, thinking a bit higher and so now I have a different score.

TPIN/TIPN

actuary or orobouros

Top Bottom