• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

When soviet scientists decide to live a life of isolation and philosophical contemplation.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
Yesterday, 19:40
The documentary.

In the Aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster and the "death" of the Soviet Union, a team of Russian scientists seeks "immortality" on a tiny Greek island and in the philosophy of Pythagoras. Along with a survivor of the disaster, the nuclear physicist Andrei, as their leader, they create a commune on the island and establish there an esoteric school.

Genius, madness, simple weirdness?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday, 13:40
I think they're just grateful to be alive.

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
I guess next time I'm grateful to be alive I'll abandon civilization and my highly specialized field to live a pseudo-primitive life in a commune...

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Seems like a pretty smart move on their part.

If I could isolate myself with a handful of people with like mindedness I would totally take up that offer. The problem with being isolated is that you have to be self sufficient, which can be difficult, but if it is done, it brings a lot of inner peace I would think knowing you are solely responsible for yourself and no one else is depending on you. That is what I call true freedom.

Top Bottom