• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

When did you realize that you are gifted

ivan

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:30 AM
-->
when did you first notice your hunger for knowledge

When did you guys notice your "super powers" of INTP? When I was a kid I wasn't smart at all. When I was 20 I started studying everything that interested me. I am assuming it is because Ti is a judging function so I would talk to myself a lot but wasn't getting any smarter. After 20 years old I would watch a lot of documentaries and use my Ti so everything would make logical sense to me and that is how I became curious for knowledge and eventually smart.

Last edited:

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
Today 3:30 AM
-->
Very few people are actually gifted in the conceited way people talk about giftedness. We should be praising hard work and assiduous effort instead, so that people put stock into things they can change rather than depending upon a mostly imagined sense of superiority. Then the narcissism will finally come to a fucking end.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
Today 11:30 AM
-->
When I learned what gifted is?
It is interesting, I have no idea, well it was obvious I am different.
Maybe the time that I knew how rainbow is "formed" at 7(?) without me knowing that I knew that and from where I learned it.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today 9:30 AM
-->
I am "gifted" in some areas, awful in others and average in some. I don't see admitting to being good at certain things as a particularly narcissistic quality(in a negative sense) and I am certainly not going to intentionally deceive myself in regards to what I think my capabilities are.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:30 PM
-->
Last Christmas :)

Seriously though, giftedness is just something you say to children to make them feel better since they haven't figured out the nuances and the benefits of earning things through hard work.

As TBerg says, diligent work combined with a good attitude can be used a better metric since it trumps raw talent every time.

Turnevies

Local time
-->
It seemed to me all my life I was slightly more bright than most of my peers. From elementary school till my college degree, I have never had real trouble with passing and always been among the ones with best grades (and not without effort, but I do efforts for fun), but never distinctly the best one for that matter. It is almost like my intelligence is somehow able to expand with regard to the circumstances. This is in contrary to some gifted sensors I know that even skipped a year of school, and that seem far more consistent in their intelligence. Maybe this is also related to the way education favors sensors.
And apart from being among the better ones as a matter of grades, I've always felt somewhat more intellectual on random subjects than my peers and known for making strange leaps of logic.

Actually, I never really felt myself a smart one(try to remain humble), I have only been annoyed of other people acting so dumb, as if they avoid the responsibility to think.

But as a matter of fact, intelligence is a real thing. You cannot be mad (although it is tempting sometimes) at an 80 IQ because he's not seeking a cure for cancer.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
-->
Last Christmas :)

Seriously though, giftedness is just something you say to children to make them feel better since they haven't figured out the nuances and the benefits of earning things through hard work.

As TBerg says, diligent work combined with a good attitude can be used a better metric since it trumps raw talent every time.
having "good attitude" and "diligent work" are also partly genetic.Being curious, a major requirement of being a genius, is greatly affected by your genetic(your are burn with it).Being able to improve your brain, being curious at the right goals, having goal, all of it is influenced by genetics.
An intellectually laze person is probably going to give birth to a intellectually lazy child.How to use your intelligence, which is the thing that makes a genius a genius is greatly influenced by genetics.
You try to counter a wrong argument with a wrong argument of yourself, the mistake is thinking hard working people(with results) are not gifted, or that you are able to say "this person is gifted" you can not, an IQ test can not test it, being gifted is a many dimensional thing, it is not "is gifted" or "not gifted" it is made of many aspects.
Being gifted is more like a limit and effectiveness ratio for practicing than your actual ability, sure you can be an average or even good football player with will, but not any one is going to be Ronaldinho,a gifted with will football player, it is just statistics, there are people which have higher limits.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
having "good attitude" and "diligent work" are also partly genetic.Being curious, a major requirement of being a genius, is greatly affected by your genetic(your are burn with it).Being able to improve your brain, being curious at the right goals, having goal, all of it is influenced by genetics.
An intellectually laze person is probably going to give birth to a intellectually lazy child.How to use your intelligence, which is the thing that makes a genius a genius is greatly influenced by genetics.
You try to counter a wrong argument with a wrong argument of yourself, the mistake is thinking hard working people(with results) are not gifted, or that you are able to say "this person is gifted" you can not, an IQ test can not test it, being gifted is a many dimensional thing, it is not "is gifted" or "not gifted" it is made of many aspects.
Being gifted is more like a limit and effectiveness ratio for practicing than your actual ability, sure you can be an average or even good football player with will, but not any one is going to be Ronaldinho,a gifted with will football player, it is just statistics, there are people which have higher limits.

a. I was criticizing the term "giftedness". I was not, as you are putting in my mouth, disregarding intelligence or the behavioral genetics that underlie the issue.

Since you were unable to understand what I said let's try it this way:

Try telling a professor/student that s/he's gifted and they'll probably laugh it off. Tell them that they've done their work diligently and they'll be grateful.

Try telling a kid that s/he's gifted and they'll probably be grateful (TV commercials on milk products usually tell this nonsense on a daily basis so they know this term). Tell them that they've done their work diligently and they'll be puzzled.

b. I did not say hardworking people are not gifted. I said hard work is a better metric to use.

c. You can't even define the metrics of giftedness yet you praise its relevance. I said other factors stated above is a better metric to use.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
It seemed to me all my life I was slightly more bright than most of my peers. From elementary school till my college degree, I have never had real trouble with passing and always been among the ones with best grades (and not without effort, but I do efforts for fun), but never distinctly the best one for that matter. It is almost like my intelligence is somehow able to expand with regard to the circumstances. This is in contrary to some gifted sensors I know that even skipped a year of school, and that seem far more consistent in their intelligence. Maybe this is also related to the way education favors sensors.
And apart from being among the better ones as a matter of grades, I've always felt somewhat more intellectual on random subjects than my peers and known for making strange leaps of logic.

Actually, I never really felt myself a smart one(try to remain humble), I have only been annoyed of other people acting so dumb, as if they avoid the responsibility to think.

But as a matter of fact, intelligence is a real thing. You cannot be mad (although it is tempting sometimes) at an 80 IQ because he's not seeking a cure for cancer.

Who fucking cares if you are smart tho? Michael Jordan didn't have a superb natural gift for basketball, he just worked his ass off to become the best.

I prolly have a fucking average IQ, who the fuck cares? You think If I go on the street and tell people I have an IQ 5 pts higher than them that they are going to give a shit? They would laugh at me and call me a loser and then tell me how it must be nice to live the good life and then tell me of their struggles (or worse take it as a personal attack, which they would then retaliate).

Survival of the fittest, not the most intelligent.

Eminem is a very good example that working hard gets you way further than natural talent alone.

https://youtu.be/tvDWvXnuRPk

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 2:30 AM
-->
I remember the day I realized I wasn't gifted, and I think it was far more significant to my personal development than all the times I was told I was. I realized that my parents were just egomaniacs who believed their ~30 extra IQ points made them better than ordinary humans. They insisted I was gifted because I had about 40 up on them, and I was good at learning shit and solving things.

Luckily, I was only beginning my double-digit life when I realized this. I knew none of it would ever matter because I was unable to take numbers on a piece of paper and transform it into anything else. It's bullshit.

Sure, I can pass a test. Heck, I take tests for fun. It's not a "gift". It's like being able to say the alphabet really fast or blow huge bubbles with my gum. It's a novelty at best.

The few things I'm actually good at, I learned through practice. I've developed talents, and I've worked my ass off to improve in my weaker areas. I think my only gift is the knowledge that "being gifted" is a crutch.

having "good attitude" and "diligent work" are also partly genetic.
No. No they're not. These are learned behaviors.

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
-->
Do you believe that IQ differences have no real world significance, Yellow? Because, while I agree that effort is more important, I do think that IQ is also a significant factor.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Do you believe that IQ differences have no real world significance, Yellow? Because, while I agree that effort is more important, I do think that IQ is also a significant factor.

Here ya go TBerg

Conclusion
The current investigation supports the hypothesized relations in Fig. 1. What do intelligence tests test? Both intelligence and test motivation. Why is this a problem? Because test motivation on low-stakes intelligence tests can partially confound IQ outcome associations.

Our conclusions may come as no surprise to psychologists who administer intelligence tests themselves (49). Where the problem lies, in our view, is in the interpretation of IQ scores by economists, sociologists, and research psychologists who have not witnessed variation in test motivation firsthand. These social scientists might erringly assume that a low IQ score invariably indicates low intelligence. As pioneers in intelligence testing pointed out long ago, this is not necessarily true.

Emphasis mine.

IQ tests are good in finding who tries harder in ace-ing IQ tests. A Low IQ doesn't mean you're stupid & vice versa.

Archetype

INTP
Local time
Today 5:30 PM
-->

Both are important because both play their own roles.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Today 1:30 AM
-->
Re: when did you first notice your hunger for knowledge

When did you guys notice your "super powers"

A bald guy in a wheelchair and his friend came to my house and convinced my parents to send me to his school for youngsters like me.

I've been developing my powers there ever since, and am now a member of their elite team of faculty members.

It's quite the hoot.

Haim

Worlds creator
Local time
-->
No. No they're not. These are learned behaviors.
Genetic do have huge part in it, I don't think I just learned to be curious person, it is mostly because that is what I am.Sure you are not born with a skill, but genetics do have effect on your will to develop that skill and have interest at that skill in first place.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Still waiting to fall into that slightly suspicious but turned out to be a mutate into superpowers kind of goo

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
I think IQ scores are somewhat useful in children, as it tells you have far they are in their cognitive development. When I took the first tests, I was news-worthy on a slow day. It didn't take into account the huge emphasis my parents placed on my intellectual development and the interventions they took at home to guarantee it. I believe most average children would have responded similarly.

The conditioning that continued as I aged cemented the positive/reward system for me, and molded who I am today. Much as a differently conditioned person may struggle their whole lives with anger, addiction, or mental illness, I will always feel reward for high test performance and acquired knowledge. The only difference is that my conditioning is for something that society values (to a point).

My last IQ test was about a decade or so ago, and it's remained high. Maybe others are more genuinely gifted. As for me, I'm a trained monkey who can perform a few tricks.

Genetic do have huge part in it, I don't think I just learned to be curious person, it is mostly because that is what I am.Sure you are not born with a skill, but genetics do have effect on your will to develop that skill and have interest at that skill in first place.

Curiosity is also fostered or squelched by early environment. An infant who is regularly exposed to new sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and touch; a toddler who is allowed to safely explore; and a child who is rewarded for his imagination and ingenuity, etc. These experiences lay the foundation for intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, and confidence in one's own ability to learn.

Trust me, it's all too easy to squash every bit of that out of a child. Heck, you could do it before they turn 6 months old (if you had access to mom while pregnant) without doing anything remotely illegal (though definitely unethical).

HDINTP

Local time
-->
Not really realized though I was always percieved "different". However I believe my "giftedness" was result of my "brain programming" from young age. The way I developed. What I was interested in I occupied myself with and so I became good in some areas while others are under-developed... Capacity is definitely there for most people (ecxept brain damage). It is what you use that matters.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
When I realized I am gifted? I believe it was shortly after realizing I am fabulous.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->

davidintp

Local time
-->
I wanted to counter the idea that hard work and persistence will always pay off. I gave this way of thinking a shot and tried working in sales. There is no other profession where the harder you work the more money you can make. However, because of me being an intp and not getting stimulated by extraverting my hard work is simply not translating into more dollars. I'm infinitely more stressed than everyone else around me and I'm a subpar producer no matter how hard I try.

But.... if you explore your strengths as an intp (programming or speculation etc.) and work hard then you'll most likely be successful.

Arnold Schwarzenegger had multiple voice coaches and tried so hard to sound American but he simply couldn't do it. One day he realized this and focused on his strengths only.

Tannhauser

angry insecure male
Local time
-->
I wanted to counter the idea that hard work and persistence will always pay off. I gave this way of thinking a shot and tried working in sales. There is no other profession where the harder you work the more money you can make. However, because of me being an intp and not getting stimulated by extraverting my hard work is simply not translating into more dollars. I'm infinitely more stressed than everyone else around me and I'm a subpar producer no matter how hard I try.

But.... if you explore your strengths as an intp (programming or speculation etc.) and work hard then you'll most likely be successful.

Arnold Schwarzenegger had multiple voice coaches and tried so hard to sound American but he simply couldn't do it. One day he realized this and focused on his strengths only.

I was thinking about that earlier today. Being smart is cool and all, but a lack of work ethic will always catch up to you. You will become outclassed even by the mediocre.

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Today 9:30 PM
-->
When I made that guys head explode with a mere thought

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
My mom has severe autism, I have autism also.
We both take anti-depression medications.
My whole life I never had any friends.
But the worst part was that I felt like no one loved me.
My mom doesn't understand what I say.
And my dad abused me.
I still feel all alone.
It feels like what I do doesn't matter.
I would cry because I felt stupid.
I felt stupid because no one cared.

https://illuminaticatblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/potential-intelligence/

ACT_zpsq5ny3hfb.png

Dorian Tullus

Greenshirt
Local time
-->
a pleasant teacher from elementary skool told me so, but no other details and i went on my merry way

i think she was coming on to me

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I'll be honest, I agree with Bronto here. I just don't think I am gifted. I have been told I am smart by some people, but tbh, everything just feels like a huge drag. I can't get motivated to do productive things. So I agree that hard work gets you a lot further. That said, everything comes easier for smart people. What a not smart person could do with a lot of effort, a smart person can breeze through.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
For me, it was when I was about 7. I was a very disruptive kid who would cause chaos by messing around. They called a psychologist in, who pointed out I was just bored as I'd already finished my work. So they gave me harder stuff and some extra work and I was happy. Unfortunately for me, I was that annoying pupil who didn't bother revising and still finished almost top of the class. I've never found a concept I didn't get (until I reached string theory and I still don't know what that's all about, but it could be that I'd gotten bored of reading about it by then). I always knew I saw the world differently, like it's all a set of equations that make sense and I just can't explain it.

Some people say learning drains them and a good party invigorates them. I'm the opposite - a good subject to study revitalizes me after attempting to speak to people.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
When I started wearing a helmet and arriving to school in a more specialized bus.

Rixus

Local time
-->
As for me, I'm a trained monkey who can perform a few tricks.

Do you really believe that? Your post makes it sound as though you were raised to believe your sense of value and confidence revolved around this one attribute. While my tested IQ is not quite as high by the sounds of it, I've felt overly defined by intellect as it often seems like the only positive thing anyone seems to have to say about me. I've found it can be quite damaging to self confidence to feel as though people simply put up with me due to my abilities.

Perhaps it's that we as INTP's don't seem comfortable with saying we are "better" than others. But there's no logical way to deny it - I have abilities other people don't. I can learn most things extremely fast and understand almost anything while most are still unable. I see patterns in complete chaos that make things make sense, while others just can't see how I understood.

However, I''m also comfortable admitting that other people have abilities I do not. Things like music, art, style and generally anything sensory or anything social I'm awful at. That balances it out nicely in my logical view that we all have our own abilities.

People also don't like feeling as though you are "superior" to them either, so they do what they can to discredit any ability you have or the general notion of their being such an intelligence. My own stepfather once told me that my academic ability didn't make me special at all, as it was only memory. He said I had no creativity, common sense or free thinking and would never be good at sports. Don't listen to them about it.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
When i discovered that a soul is almost frozen for infinity, on account of it developing a thousand times slower than grass grows, i realized that it is a great gift to have a bodymind that can create experience in time by assembling more and more outrageous thoughts together.

stoopid

Banned
Local time
-->
Not sure if I am putting myself on a limb here, but this year i've shed my egotistical/narcissistic skin. It's hard seeing others stay the exact same while I feel like I've surpassed them. Yeah, yeah, I have a moderately high IQ... who gives a shit about that. You can process the same information with a little more allowance in time, you're an introvert, make extra time. That's all.

What I am proud of, is that my emotional awareness has skyrocketed in the last 3 years, my connections with other people have gotten stronger and I am a more confident individual around others. This was the most fulfilling journey of my life yet. Seeing others getting anxious around me, instead of me having the darting eyes and crossed arms.

This began at the age of 26 and now I am 29, so younger people, just work on developing your priorities that have listed on your checklist of the "Ideal/Better You", once you get a few of them accomplished, you'll start to snowball and gain momentum and size.
This is when the real things begin to happen in an INTPs life, when they realize that WE'RE the ones that make shit happen.

Society that has misunderstood our internal characteristics and ruined parts of our inventive persona. They're fucking sleeping, repeating whatever they see as typical and getting their personalities from television! Society is crammed with inferior minds and they're slaves to corporate businesses. You really want these people to appreciate you?

My golden years started this year, 2016 was a holy shit change for me. I am organized, nice, driven, and most of all, carefree. Which is exactly what we need to get the locomotive in motion and begin our life as a whole individual.

-Good luck to younger INTPs out there, plan staying out of paid labor. INTP's can't thrive in this environment, we need our own businesses. We need to put new things into circulation for others to consume. If we don't, we're not fully engaged in who we are. Who are we? The FUTURE!

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
-->
The few things I'm actually good at, I learned through practice. I've developed talents, and I've worked my ass off to improve in my weaker areas. I think my only gift is the knowledge that "being gifted" is a crutch.

It really depends on how people decide to use their talents, if they are satisfied with it, and think they are already good enough so they don't need to get any better, it will be wasted potential, and people who work hard will be better than a "gifted" person, but if a gifted person decides that they can do better and build up to their full potential, then they can do even better and accomplish greater things than an undeveloped gifted or hardworking non-gifted person.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Trying unlearn this shit out. :facepalm:

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 10:30 PM
-->
When I joined the x-men. Charles helped me appreciate my giftedness.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 10:30 PM
-->
Okay, seriously. I don't think I am gifted. I just think a lot about things when other people don't for whatever reasons. I'm not sure that makes me gifted, just different.

Maybe I'm on the autistic spectrum though. I don't know. But when I'm around people that are very intelligent, I usually feel kind of small because they seem so capable in a lot of ways beyond what I can do, such as socializing and finding the motivation to care about most things that just seem purely frustrating for me for whatever reason (not necessarily autism related).

But maybe I'm not INTP though. I don't know about that either. It shouldn't be a surprise at this point that I have issues with the way MBTI classifies people.

Honestly, I think I'm "smart" in the sense that I want to understand, have the capacity to understand, and the patience. But the world doesn't really care about that. There's this whole social dance and tribal rituals that people use to conquer and defeat one another. Whenever I've applied for anything, be it a job or joining some kind of team or group goal, there's always this thought in the back of my head that it all seems so silly that I have to care so much about what other people think in order to get what I want and/or need. It's actually incredibly irritating. Like being born into a world where your freedom is limited by other people. But then I see people with my intelligence that don't seem to mind all that...and they excel at it...and I don't know...I kind of feel defunct as a human maybe in some way. Maybe it's just frustration from having to be around people that I don't have much in common with in way of thinking or being. Who knows. The weirder you are, I imagine the harder it is to feel in sync with most people.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
+1, Reluctantly.

I know the opposite of realizing a gift: dissociating a most essential power and loosing myself along with it.

This happens with my father and it happened once with a similar type, both who use that extroverted judgement (Je), that is my inferior function (could be Fe).

I just observe them and they say something that i might have said, they give voice to my inferior function and so a link in my consciousness between them and my inferior is created, a fusion between inside and outside. It feels like they are impostors, who play my role and in return receive my honors, while i sit by idle and am left with nothing. My Je would like to ask for attention and presence, would like to get my perspective involved into the whole group business. But they force everyone's attention upon themselves and get everyone, including me, involved with their own issue. And what makes this sight worse than envy provoking is that they use what appears to be my own narrative for it. So i am beginning to resent this narrative like its the devil. Like playing this narrative is the most evil move anyone could do. I leave it to them and want nothing to do with it. So, unconsciously, i resent my own Je, which is the only thing that could possibly bring me into the world, that could say: look, what i have to say is of value to you. And in leaving it to their story telling to program this function, to say what is of value to everyone and what is not, they can now remote control me, to be that or nothing. Even my own attention is where they command it and if they put it all onto their own agenda, no attention will be left with me, i won't be recognized by myself, in fact i can't be conscious of myself any more, i loose myself, my inner world and my body are falling out of me, slipping away, escaping me and what is left is nothing.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 4:30 AM
-->
a pleasant teacher from elementary skool told me so, but no other details and i went on my merry way

i think she was coming on to me

Ahahha, I had the same experience. I was just never gave it any more thought until a year ago (I was in elementary school 15 years ago now). I questioned my parents/teachers about it, and they all agreed that I was gifted and they wanted to do more for me, but didn't know what. Sooo nothing was ever done and here I am now.

CloudHidden

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When they tested my IQ in 1st grade, which they did because I was extremely shy and had "careless cutting" according to my mom who is still mad about it lol. My guess is they were thinking minor autism spectrum disorder? Or maybe they thought I was retarded idk. But anyway they apparently told my mom "we thought your kid was crazy or retarded or something, but it turn out she's a genius who just doesn't have any social skills and sucks at art. Congratulations?"

HDINTP

Local time
-->
When they tested my IQ in 1st grade, which they did because I was extremely shy and had "careless cutting" according to my mom who is still mad about it lol. My guess is they were thinking minor autism spectrum disorder? Or maybe they thought I was retarded idk. But anyway they apparently told my mom "we thought your kid was crazy or retarded or something, but it turn out she's a genius who just doesn't have any social skills and sucks at art. Congratulations?"

Hats off if it is true. Had simmilar story when very young :) But I still lack social skills greatly and am awful at art :) (Oh and I am not girl...)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I'm not. I never did any work and got through school fine but people were never like omg you r so smart u have to take this IQ test as a child. I would just stare out the window with my mouth open during class, wasn't like answering questions before the teacher finished talking or throwing stuff because I was bored. I took one on the internet 2 years ago that people said was consistent with professional scores and got 130, is that what you mean by gifted or is it like 140 + ? I don't know what this stuff is about. Anyway I'm particularly retarded and lazy, I can't find solutions to things, I'm not that interesting like many of you here, I'm not great at speaking, or writing, or thinking. Life is too hard. Are you like superfast computers ? Can you add in your head and things faster than others n stuff ? Did people take you aside ? I swear some families are obsessed with IQ and they're the ones who make their kids take the test. Well some kids are just crazy in class and stuff so they go see psychologists and then they find out they are just bored because everything in school is mind numbingly simple step by step crap with no purpose or justification, which basically means school is torture for everyone but even more so for them

Rixus

Local time
-->
It depends on the test. Different tests produce difference deviations from the standard - but they are designed so the 100 is the ball park middle ground for your age. Under about 75 is considered special needs, 75-85 is "borderline cognitive impairment." In the official Mesna test, anything over 132 is considered the top 2% of people. Originally, they were actually designed by the army to test basic intelligence for all the new recruits in WW1. They're supposed to test all form of innate intelligence, but like any task it is possible to practice at them for better scores. So I don't think there is just a single basic way to test someone's overall intelligence; not considering their are so many different kinds of intelligence and skills.

I actually find when it comes to basic arithmetic, I can work it out but I can't do it at speed. On the other hand, a concept that seems complex to some people usually doesn't take me long to understand. That usually makes people think I'm smarter than them. I might be able to follow a complex algebraic equation (which just comes easy to me), or pick up a programming language in no time, but I've been playing online scrabble with some people for a while and I'm still terrible at it, and I've been practising chess recently can only beat the AI on the lowest difficulty, and I really have to concentrate.

I believe there is no stereotypical definition of intelligence or ability. As a species, our abilities are so varied that everyone is usually good at something. The methodical way of teaching in school sometimes makes people feel stupid when they later discover they have incredible talent at something.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
You could say dedication is a kind of intelligence - a gift. I don't have that one.

Artsu Tharaz

The Lamb
Local time
Today 7:30 PM
-->
I knew since the start of primary school at least, that I was particularly smart.

However, when I topped the state in a competition is probably when I realised that the gift extended beyond what I thought it did.

Top Bottom