• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What's Your Age?

What's Your Age

• Under 18

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • 18-24

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • 25-30

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • 31-35

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • 36-40

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 40-50

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Over 50

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Yesterday 9:08 PM
-->
@MissQuote

Toddlers? Imbeciles? Theme park personnel? Movie theater employees? Who's they?

@snafupants

All of the above plus some. However, I no longer have toddlers- teenagers and school kids.

I was driving past the senior center with my seven year old and she asked me what it was, I explained a place for older grownups to meet and get together and her response was "Is that where you met [name of friend of mine]?"

I am 31. Fun times and questions.

Are you really 63?

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:08 PM
-->
@snafupants

All of the above plus some. However, I no longer have toddlers- teenagers and school kids.

I was driving past the senior center with my seven year old and she asked me what it was, I explained a place for older grownups to meet and get together and her response was "Is that where you met [name of friend of mine]?"

I am 31. Fun times and questions.

Are you really 63?

@MissQuote

Nah I'm not really sixty three - there's no need to reschedule our date. :D

Seven year old? Daughter? That won't do. :slashnew:
Place for grownups to meet and get together? Oh, that's a cemetery!

Possibly Old Country Buffet but definitely Florida as well.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
@MissQuote

Nah I'm not really sixty three - there's no need to reschedule our date. :D

Place for grownups to meet and get together? Oh, that's a cemetery!

@snafupants

You don't say? It seems I have more get togethers with friends at funerals than parties the older I get.

Ah well, it forces me out of the house anyway. :D

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
Ha. The seven year old is the youngest of the lot.

I've a gaggle of kids. Well, four.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
Today 5:08 AM
-->
@scorpiomover or stop eating for a change. :D I have never exercised for more than... 5 minutes? :confused: My secret is no money for food. ;)
Doesn't quite work for me. I once ran out of money and didn't eat for 3 days. I just couldn't seem to move.

intpz

Banned
Local time
-->
@snafupants

You don't say? It seems I have more get togethers with friends at funerals than parties the older I get.

Ah well, it forces me out of the house anyway. :D

Funerals are good, you get free food and AFTER the funeral, even more free food! Awesome, isn't it? :king-twitter:

Doesn't quite work for me. I once ran out of money and didn't eat for 3 days. I just couldn't seem to move.

Eat very little, like bread and butter, and a little bit of meat from time to time. ;)

You're taking it to an extreme...

By the way, how disorganized are you, to be able to run out of money? :confused:

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
@MissQuote

Does this mean the date's still on? :slashnew:

@snafupants

Not if you're taking me to the old country buffet...

Don't look so grim, you got yourself in this mess.

We'll go to the science museum, I hear they have the body works exhibit. You can feel strongly about those who donated so much to that cause while I cheerfully examine the remains.

The brevity of life may be its sole redeeming feature. :elephant:

Indeed.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Funerals are good, you get free food and AFTER the funeral, even more free food! Awesome, isn't it? :king-twitter:

Eat very little, like bread and butter, and a little bit of meat from time to time. ;)

You're taking it to an extreme...

By the way, how disorganized are you, to be able to run out of money? :confused:

@intpz

All of the funds were initially allocated to Six Flags, video games, hand lotion, and Pringles. :D

TriflinThomas

Bitch, don't kill my vibe...
Local time
-->
No it isn't, you're just dumb.

You and intpz should make your own thread where you can bicker all you want instead of bickering on other people's thread.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
You and intpz should make your own thread where you can bicker all you want instead of bickering on other people's thread.

That's a pretty good idea. Will you be the organizer and referee for this cage match? :phear:

Local time
Today 4:08 AM
-->
Even kids need to exercise, play a lot of sports, or lead an active life, to stay in shape. Plenty of examples of kids and teens who are falling foul of the myth that they don't.

This is your liver speaking. I've felt like that, EVERY time you had a drink. You WERE going to be a tall, Amazonian, genius. But while your body was in "growth mode", all you did, was push the body to heal, and instead of grow. You stunted your physical and intellectual growth, and didn't notice. Then I went through an extended period, when you were abusing me, but I didn't complain, because your growth period had given you a pretty healthy liver, and I could take a lot of that punishment. But that's all gone now.

Please stop drowning me in vodka. I can't take it anymore.

:rip:

Hi Liver,
Thanks for all your hard work! Without you by my side, we wouldn't have had all those fun times we barely remember! Remember that time we had to go to every room in a giant hotel and drink one shot of liquor from every room that was open? Or that time we did "Hell Week", 7 day of drinking in a row with the other new people in our house? Man, what a hangover! Or that time we walked outside into the backyard, to find kids drinking mystery liquor from a tub, and we drank like half a gallon? Or that time we drank illegal Mexican liquor not fit for human consumption that we first lit on fire? Me neither! But supposedly it all happened! So thanks buddy, you can take a break now!

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamMancer

Local time
-->
I'm 26 and don't appear to be getting any younger.

I always thought it would be trippy to live backwards like Merlin in The Once and Future King.

Silphiums

I don't think you realize how funny I am
Local time
-->
Seriously?
I'm the only one in the 36-40 category?
I'm not sure what that means, but I am surprised, I must say.

Assuming everyone's answering honestly, and honestly why wouldn't they?

MsAnthropy_Indefatigably

The Black One
Local time
Today 12:08 AM
-->
I'm 18. Yeah, I expected most people on this forum would be in their late teens. I don't see how you older folks can tolerate us. lol

LOL, I don't think I could pick the teenage members on this page out of a line up based on their posts. I guess that's what great minds do....

I'm 33!!!
I can't believe I just wrote that.... weird...
Feel like 20 some days, feel like 48 others....

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I'm 33!!!
I can't believe I just wrote that.... weird...
Feel like 20 some days, feel like 48 others....

Isn't it though? I feel the same way about my age, although I tend to usually feel younger. I remember thinking my current age was as old as death when I was young, it's kind of strange to actually be there and feel the same as I ever felt in my life.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 10:08 PM
-->
Isn't it though? I feel the same way about my age, although I tend to usually feel younger. I remember thinking my current age was as old as death when I was young, it's kind of strange to actually be there and feel the same as I ever felt in my life.

You probably don't but it seems like you feel the same. In my case I'm like you, I feel the same as I did when I was younger. Others - poets, my mom - have said the same thing. However when I recall the feelings and thoughts I had when younger they were quite different. The essential question, what is the thread of consciousness we experience?

At any rate I'm surprised at finding myself getting old. Another common complaint. You're going along then BLAM, you're old, way too quickly.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
You probably don't but it seems like you feel the same. In my case I'm like you, I feel the same as I did when I was younger. Others - poets, my mom - have said the same thing. However when I recall the feelings and thoughts I had when younger they were quite different. The essential question, what is the thread of consciousness we experience?

Conscienceness seems to change, in part maybe not even being consistent; I think my mind is fabricating a connection back in the process of creating a personal narrative so that my current consciousness is being kind of imposed on my past.

I've undergone a LOT of changes in my life, large ones, so it's given me some points of comparison. One of my experiences is that I remember feeling different (not about age but about various things in life) and am aware of how my brain is forgetting that stuff by creating a new neural imprint pattern over top the old. (It's like if you were a bird and became a bear, and soon enough you no longer remember what it was like to be a bird, except maybe in bits and pieces, especially because it no longer makes sense -- the body, the daily life requirements, the experiences, etc.)

Another way I track it is by remembering (not directly but almost as a fact in a books, there's an observation detachment to it rather than a total immersion) that I held certain emotions in certain circumstances, or that I held certain ideas, or that I was afraid of certain things... and although I can recall that person, it's like it was another person I'm just observing, and the logic no longer quite makes sense to me. I no longer truly understand why I did what I did or what was driving me, because it makes no sense to me now. The code was written for a different operating system and no longer seems sensible.

That's kind of a side issue, although it does raise a question about how long a person needs to live before they feel totally divorced from the person they once were... In a way, it rather mirrors how our body eventually sheds/replaces all of its cells a few times throughout our lives. And meshes with that question of, if you have a boat (for example) and need to replace boards/pieces of it from time to time, when the boat has been entirely replaced, is it a new boat that happens to be named the same or is it still the old boat?

At any rate I'm surprised at finding myself getting old. Another common complaint. You're going along then BLAM, you're old, way too quickly.

Yeah. My hands are starting to look a little coarser, I've got the veins on my ankles and the soles of my feet, some lines on my forehead and around my eyes. Worse, I started getting the stiffness and creaks/pains in my mid-30's; the same exertions will lay me out longer afterwards nowadays. I forget things now, sometimes really obvious things -- my mind can't grab the words, on occasion I've even forgotten (momentarily) names of people I know decently whereas they had just been on the tip of my tongue. It's kind of bizarre. I've probably lived half my life (if I live a normal expectancy) at this point, and I'll be dead before 2050 possibly. That seems odd to me. My kids are almost grown. My life is about to move into a new stage. How did I get here?

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 11:08 AM
-->
I almost wish the poll wasn't anonymous. It'd somehow be great to know a couple of over 50 INTPs and just be able to see where the road normally leads for an INTP.

So far it seems like being 30 with kids would be like having kids at 20 but with money and some experience with other things.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
So far it seems like being 30 with kids would be like having kids at 20 but with money and some experience with other things.

That's not a bad assessment; money goes up and down, actually, but one benefit is that the kids are older, so you have a different kind of relationship (less of a caretaker, more of a mentor/advisor and you can get some great interaction with them... although they will also start to fight you and establish their own independence).

Nodak

Redshirt
Local time
-->
I'm 65

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Re: The World Is Yours

E57Y1.jpg

This NAS reference would make you rather OLD

This cat has a monocle. Your argument is invalid.

Bre

Local time
-->
I'm 28 but most people think i am 17. maybe cause of my braces

ObliviousGenius

Life is a side scroller, keep moving.
Local time
-->
I'm 21. I think I'm in the age range where it doesn't mean anything to keep counting anymore. However I can't help but to wonder what the "future me" looks like. It feels like I'm aging very quickly because I can recognize some of the mental changes I continue to go through. I still feel like I'm immature in some ways.

What is the difference between a "seasoned" INTP and a young INTP besides functional development?

Top Bottom