• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What would you do without your INTPness?

ESFP

Local time
Today 5:43 AM
-->
If you were another type, what would you most likely be? What would you LIKE to be? How would your life be different? And do you think this topic title should be edited?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 2:43 PM
-->
The only other type I can imagine being is ISTP (Ti-Dom)

No, I like the title.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Yesterday 9:43 PM
-->
I spent a large portion of my life trying to be an extroverted feeler, like a proper female should be. ;)

It is a relief to understand myself and stop trying to be what I am not, rather try to be what I am able as best as I am able in the way I understand and am able.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:43 AM
-->
So, I enjoy being an INTP mostly because its me.

However, I also love a good challenge therefore I would say if I had to change and become some other person with a different personalty type I would chose ISTP. It's mostly because of all the other personality differences S is the one the least irritate me.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 10:43 PM
-->
The good things about INTPdom ...

• I like thinking (Ti), and my ability to think. Most people don't like it or do it well. It allows me to see what others aren't seeing. Particularly delicious is using this to see financial trends the bleating herd is oblivious to, and technical innovations my sensor coworkers won't see.
  • I like being a Ne, it gives me hope for the future and a purpose. Combined with my Ti I can see the grand sweep of our progress on this planet and where we're going, it's the best movie seat in the world.

The things I don't like so much about INTPdom

• I don't like being so profoundly introverted. I'd happily live on an island or in a cave. I could walk for days in the desert without a care. I prefer living on the edge of society looking in, observing the bustle without participating.
  • I wish I was more oriented towards people. I'd remember friends birthdays, I'd have more friends, and those friends would throw me a surprise birthday party and I'd enjoy it.

The latter feelings are ones probably inherited from the culture. In some vague sense I wish I was more of a people person, but curing me of my introversion would be like curing a soprano of her voice.

Ink

Local time
Today 6:43 AM
-->
I like being INTP and wouldn't want to change it. I wouldn't mind being an ENFJ for a day or two though.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 11:43 PM
-->
If you were another type, what would you most likely be? What would you LIKE to be? How would your life be different? And do you think this topic title should be edited?

Those are interesting questions. I really can't imagine using Te and being satisfied with glib explanations of the world and its inhabitants. I also can't imagine employing its complement, Fi, which I see as basically self-serving. As is, I have very blurred ego boundaries, so I have a hard time conceiving of a "me" in which I didn't give a hoot about animals, other people and the environment, which is somewhat how Fi operates. Fi has causes, sure, but all else be damned.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 2:43 PM
-->
Become an INFP, oh wait... Have guys ask me out, oh wait.... Become a serial killer.... no? Nothing? K.

But seriously, I wouldn't want to think like any of the other types but I would just like their quality's. I would like to be the type I am now when I am alone, but I would like to have ENFP quality's when with other people. However still think the same way... So basically I want multiple personality disorder. :p

But if I had to hard change to an extroverted type probably ENFP. They are cute and cuddly and not as obnoxious as the ESFP's (I feel I need to make it clear this is a joke concerning the op's name)

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 5:43 PM
-->
Echoing MissQuote, I used to try to conform to the extroverted feeler female stereotype/hype. I thought I was inadequate in that respect.

Now that I have accepted the way I operate, I'm quite content to be....whatever that is. :confused:

That doesn't mean I'm "stuck" in my preferences, I try to improve constantly. This takes a fair bit of brutality as far as self-scrutiny is concerned.

Perhaps I take it too far sometimes.....and I forget that not everyone shares my enthusiasm for brutal honesty. People don't like their darker sides they see reflected in me perhaps....

But I have become less careful as I've grown older. Thankfully.

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
-->
Having the biggest P-ness in the world can be really troublesome sometimes. Other than that, I'm good.

Edit:

Since I've evolved beyond my social anxiety and gotten better at expressing myself as well as playing instruments and video-games all of my childhood, I have well developed minor functions. I'm still introverted and percieving by default, but in a benign sort of way.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Well for starters I wouldn't be able to do any of these things.

I probably wouldn't have nearly as much fun researching things.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
-->
I think I'd like to be an ENTJ. Extroverts fit into society far better, and it'd be nice to actually be capable of doing things. It's basically the functional opposite of the INTP, but still retaining the iNtuition and Thinking parts. I don't know why so many of you would want to be Feelers. That sounds horrendous.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 2:13 PM
-->
At the moment I function almost entirely on Ti, Ne, and Te. Ni doesn't look too bad, nor does Fe or Fi. Si dominance looks boring, and Se dominance is so opposed to my current values I think I'd prefer to die (I'd probably enjoy being it though).

Antediluvian

Capitalist logic collides with external wisdom
Local time
-->
Sleep better at nights. I think.

ℜεмїηїs¢εη¢ε

Local time
-->
From my current perspective, I don't particularly want to change. I have my weaknesses, sure, but I just love being myself more than anything. I consider it worth the drawbacks.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
ISFP.

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
-->
I would rather be an INFP than an ISTP. Despite being my auxiliary, I think Ne is my greatest function. If I couldn't pair it with Ti, Ti wouldn't be worth nearly as much.

Ink

Local time
-->
I would rather be an INFP than an ISTP. Despite being my auxiliary, I think Ne is my greatest function. If I couldn't pair it with Ti, Ti wouldn't be worth nearly as much.

I grew up with ISTPs and I agree, I can't help but feel all their thinking is such a waste.

Nick

Frozen Fighter
Local time
Today 7:43 AM
-->
ENTJ, its kinda what we become in old age, atleast I hope.

Fuck I want to accomplish something with ease, give me that sweet sweet delicious J.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:43 AM
-->
ENTJ, its kinda what we become in old age, atleast I hope.

Fuck I want to accomplish something with ease, give me that sweet sweet delicious J.

To me J's can be too close minded. Yes, they can make decisions easier and faster but this is only because they use less information when making decisions. This is not necessarily a good thing and being extroverted is over rated unless you are naturally an extroverted person who is forced by awkwardness to be introverted.

moosefrills

Redshirt
Local time
-->
The only two I could be off the top of my head is either INFP or ISTP. Mostly the former since reverting back to attempts at being a Feeler that date to middle school would fail, especially since I can't deal with trying to fit into the female stereotype of emotion. In otherwords what MissQuote and The Gopher said. Overall I'm fine with being who I am, I'd rather build upon what I have than start from square one again.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Without my INTPness I would probably be strategizing my revenge on humanity in some form or another.

Valentas

Local time
-->
I don't know. To be honest, it depends on a day. Sometimes I like to talk with people about interesting stuff but mostly I spend my time alone. Maybe some people skills would enhance my ability to fit in this world :}

Top Bottom