• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What would the world be like...

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 4:21 AM
-->
if everyone in it was an INTP?

The world would be a lot less populated (we don't proliferate as profusely as other types).

We would already have a colony on Mars.

We probably wouldn't have roads as roadbuilding seems like boring, tedious work and INTPs don't do that.

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
Today 9:21 AM
-->
There would be much more research being done and less inefficiency. Politics would be a dead end job, and being a researcher/teacher would be the best career to have in the world.

Also, extroverts would be sent to an island where they would be forced to become introverts through harsh training and thousands of MBTI tests.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
I wouldn't exist. And neither would you. :)

But yeah, less tedious work, especially the work that only exists to create jobs and produce more crap. Relationships between people would be sparse, but the quality of them would be quite high. So I'd imagine there'd be less domestic violence and divorce (though it could be argued there'd be more divorce). There would also be a whole bunch of partially-built buildings dubbed "architectural projects" that would take an average of 300 years to complete. Robots might also rule, instead of ineffecient humans.

Also, our species would adapt to procreate by way of pollenation.

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
Also, our species would adapt to procreate by way of pollenation.

Would that make bees some sort of aphodisiac? Sex toy?

If it weren't for that damn stinger (I'm not into pain) it would make the process most interesting.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
Today 1:21 AM
-->
Everything would be black and white and everybody would eventually kill themselves. Haha.

Artifice Orisit

Everything would be black and white and everybody would eventually kill themselves. Haha.
No, that would be an INTJ world.

What would the world be like if everyone in it was an INTP?
Like an Isaac Asimov book, all menial labour being performed by robots and fitting in with the "pollination" idea the human race would probably die off if our governing AI (honestly a job as important as government shouldn't be performed by humans) didn't enforce a mandatory artificial insemination based breeding program. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying INTPs don't enjoy sex, it's just that an entirely INTP society would find the direct application of electrodes on the brain to stimulate orgasms much more efficient, an orgasm button if you will.
Come to think of it I figure “induced orgasms allowed per day” would be used as a sort of currency, people earn orgasms by assisting society and can trade them for goods and services... which may be the end of the prostitution industry.
Oh and SCIENCE would be the new religion.

Toad

Local time
-->
"orgasm button" YOU GENIUS! U have just given me my next invention project~! I'm going to be a billionaire!

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Probably not the best idea. Monocultures are a dangerous concept.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
you must remember though, there is no such thing as an INTP, just people who identify themselves as such.

creating a society comprised of these people would be futile as its population would naturally diffuse itself

Toad

Local time
-->
Super INTP's and Kind-of-INTP's haha

Artifice Orisit

Yes, we could establish a powerful ruling class and enslave everybody else!

I feel so in touch with my British heritage right now.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
Lots and lots of things would be planned, and perhaps even started, but very few of them would ever be finished, and the quality of what does get finished would vary greatly depending on how interested in their work the workers were. The book industry would be one of the biggest in the world, right after technology and computing. Government terms would be a year long and equally shared out among the populace, not for the sake of 'freshness', but so that no-one would have to do it for too long a period of time.

Also, the internet would probably have been invented before the wheel. Or fire. Hell, possibly before food.

you must remember though, there is no such thing as an INTP, just people who identify themselves as such.

And in the new world, I would identify as an INFP, just so I can still be in the minority. :D I think I wouldn't like an all-INTP world. I like other INTPs, but I like thinking I'm/being different, too.

Mud~Eye

Local time
-->
Talos IV from Star Trek (The Menagerie Prts. 1&2). We'd be like the Talosians, or whatever, driven underground to analyze our situation and broaden our mental capacities to the point of telepathic and telekinetic mastery, knowing exactly how to build a world, but being completely unable to do so ourselves. Actually, we'd tell ourselves that we could, but that it would be unneccessary. We would have to capture and enslave ESFJ's before they all died off so that they could provide proper sustenance and continue our brain-fest lifestyle, whilst we played creators. Of course, we would want them to feel equal to us, and we would honor their contributions, but unfortunately they would never accept that we believed them to be equal, if we didn't plow the field right next to them or reproduce with them. They might resent our controls upon their own rate of reproduction. There'd be this horribly time consuming and painful uprising. Eventually, we'd have to determine them unfit for service, and we'd starve.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
INTP's should advance to a pure mental state of consciousness, discarding any corporeal form. A collective cluster should be instated where a completely conceptual universe would arise with infinite boundaries. Subjectively projected multiple virtual forms of an individually fluid nature could coexist. All individually conceived conceptual architectures would be valid and warrant discussion and debate by interested consciousnesses. Individual retreats into solitude would be respected and not disturbed.
The collective conceptual INTP universe would coexist with all other possible universes and dimensions because, being a pure mental state of consciousness, it would not be bound by time/space therefore, all INTP's would possess the freedom to observe multiple universes/dimensions simultaneously with complete anonymity.

severus

Local time
-->
Do you think it would negatively affect personal growth?

(@EB, I like your new avatar. :))

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Thanks. :)

Actually, I think it would promote constant growth as a pure mental state of consciousness would embody continual observation and absorbsion of information, as well as the uninhibited exchange and discussion of that information between unique nodes of consciousness (indviduals) devoid of the distractions of maintaining a corporeal existence.
Consequently, a cluster of unique nodes could theoretically construct an entire conceptual universe of which to exist within as a focused consciousness which would exist in accordance within the mutually agreed parameters of each conceptualised universe. Each node of consciousness could theoretically exist as a different focused consciousness in several mutually conceived universes simultaneously thereby increasing the variety of experience and information acquired. (...visualise an 'octopus of consciousness' with each 'arm' being a focused consciousness within unique mutually conceptualised universes)

Omnisu

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Keep your tentacles out of my universe.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Cowthulhu seeks out your universe to suck it dry of life...

CowthulhuSml.jpg

Carnap

Local time
-->
Well, I was thinking about this because at school, in the philosophy department, there are lots of us. Probably some J's, too, that I've seen. But the INTP types all have very strong, unique personalities and they often CLASH like crazy. Some are so endearing and it's nice to see them interact, but the ones you don't like you will hate.

But, all in all, the uniqueness of their personalities is quite refreshing. Little idiosyncratic ways of expressing themselves, etc.

Death

..still alive
Local time
Today 8:21 AM
-->
The question is rather redundant,maybe being asked by every INTP in their part of their life and maybe an endearing INTP utopian fantasy.

I think we could see our place in the world better we ask ourselves what the world would become into if INTP types never exist?

:phear:

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:21 PM
-->
Well, I was thinking about this because at school, in the philosophy department, there are lots of us. Probably some J's, too, that I've seen. But the INTP types all have very strong, unique personalities and they often CLASH like crazy. Some are so endearing and it's nice to see them interact, but the ones you don't like you will hate.

But, all in all, the uniqueness of their personalities is quite refreshing. Little idiosyncratic ways of expressing themselves, etc.

Hmmm I wish I knew about MBTI when I was doing my philosophy degree. I was one of those strong, unique personalities and rarely met my match. The ones who could match me or better me intellectually were often the quiet reserved ones who weren't nearly as forceful as me, and the forceful ones were generally idiots who were no match intellectually.

I guess I see philosophy as something best undertaken with an intense, bordeline ferocious attitude and I'm not sure how many others share that mindset.

Carnap

Local time
-->
The ones who could match me or better me intellectually were often the quiet reserved ones who weren't nearly as forceful as me, and the forceful ones were generally idiots who were no match intellectually.

Exactly. All year I went through school thinking everyone was dull. But when I started exchanging emails with one kid, he has such a funny way of expressing himself that I see he is far from being dull. Same with my professors.

But the one's that did talk to me were morons.

DrSketchpad

Local time
-->
Either all insane and in solitary confinement, all dead, or more technologically and mentally exceeding than any other way of existence.

SnowCone

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:21 AM
-->
Only two possibilities.

1) Everyone fails to go to work and farm and so forth, and the citizens of Earth eventually die.

2) Everyone start chatting with each other and learning, and after one day, we will have robots doing everything for us because we realize that robots doing all the jobs in the world provides us with free food, housing, et cetera.

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
-->
Boring, obviously. I don't think there would be a lot of unselfconscious people left to entertain me.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:21 AM
-->
The world would be a lot less populated (we don't proliferate as profusely as other types).

We would already have a colony on Mars.

We probably wouldn't have roads as roadbuilding seems like boring, tedious work and INTPs don't do that.
Idealism. The tedious work must get done, and there's money in getting it that way. In the real world, we will do boring work in order to have shelter and food.

Local time
-->
We'd have the theoretical technology for FTL travel, but we'd be still traveling in Horses and Buggies, because "Implementation is someone else's job"

Top Bottom