• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • See https://www.intpforum.com/threads/upgrade-at-10-am-gmt.27631/

What to answer

rondelle

Redshirt
Local time
Today, 16:32
I told in a text to an INTP guy, that I like him. Honestly the text was very straightforward and understandable. Yet he managed to ask me some clarification. I'm very confused now. Is it possible that he didn't understand my text, is he not interested or he is just buying some time?

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 03:32
Assuming you're both fairly young I'd say he's insecure (all young men are they just show it in different ways) and terrified of misinterpreting you.

higs

Omg wow imo
Local time
Today, 15:32
Can you tell us what the text was ? If you are french as your name suggests tu peux l'écrire en Français

higs

Omg wow imo
Local time
If you feel comfortable doing so of course, I get it if you would rather not. It's just that the information would be relevant ?

rondelle

Redshirt
Local time
If you feel comfortable doing so of course, I get it if you would rather not. It's just that the information would be relevant ?

I need to write it out at least once. I’ve always liked you, from the beginning to this day, though I had a few other things. I like your personality, I like our conversations, I like the fact that you are independent and free spirited. Though I’m more than aware now that you’re not flawless. I’m ok with that, I’m ok with the fact that you need some alone time, though I wished you would have told me instead of just not replying me sometimes. But I’m sorry for freaking on you the way I did.

The reason of this text, is : I’m still interested yes, but I’d like to move on if you are not. At least interested in meeting with me. I think I deserve your honesty, we don’t have to make any plans yet, but I need to know. Have a nice week end.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
What did he say? If he didn't show interest at this point, he probably isn't romantically interested in you, he's trying to get away but he's too socially awkward to know how.

rondelle

Redshirt
Local time
What did he say? If he didn't show interest at this point, he probably isn't romantically interested in you, he's trying to get away but he's too socially awkward to know how.

"Can I ask what you mean by interested?" Yes that was I assume : that he is too socially awkward to honestly tell me he isn't interested, but that a clear "no" would help me much better

Animekitty

I am all of my perception (Sally 666)
Local time
Today, 08:32
I would say you wish to be more than friends, something on a romantic level. And interested in getting together.

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time

"Can I ask what you mean by interested?" Yes that was I assume : that he is too socially awkward to honestly tell me he isn't interested, but that a clear "no" would help me much better
Completely wrong conclusion in my view. The kid is a social retard so any guess is as good as the other. He probably panicked and came up with a response that minimizes risk.

rondelle

Redshirt
Local time
Ok, now he starting talking with back me but just more chit chat. Should I follow through or confront him again?

Serac

A menacing post slithers
Local time
Ease off the gas pedal a bit and maybe not message him at all for a few days. Pressure shouldn’t build linearly but more like in waves.

rondelle

Redshirt
Local time
Honestly, I hate conflicts and I avoid them too well myself, but I also believe, in order to save something, sometimes it's necessary. Mostly because we tend to assume a lot from people, when you can simply fix it by "asking" and "talking".

Anyway, I'll let him cool down a little bit ah ah.

Top Bottom