• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What songs are you listening to? /III/

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 1:05 AM
-->
This thing is a BANGER!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Volstar

home is where your heart is
Local time
Today 7:05 AM
-->
Daughters long road no turns. Great album btw.

MagnusInteritus

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:05 AM
-->

One pianist recounted a friend saying hearing this piece made him feel an overwhelming urge to commit suicide - it feels like depression captured musically (though there's a bit of that in most Rach). I actually slightly prefer Idil Biret's version, but she takes the middle section at a slower speed than most, and Ashkenazy's is an easier introduction (better sound quality too). To me though Biret's tempo, while less pretty and immediately impressive, captures the discomfort of depression a lot better - the agony of sitting with shitty feeling after shitty feeling as each stretches on interminably, the periods of emptiness as you wait for the next discordant crash while the last reverberates around you. Agitation (speed) is easy; sitting with the discomfort is much tougher. Broken flow - ugly but truthful.

This is a very nice recording though. Also I think my preference is subjective bullshit - probably just partial to Biret cos I heard her first.

Silently, I wish to sail into your port, I am your sailor
Quietly, I drop my weight into your sea, I drop my anchor
I sway in your waves, I sing in your sleep
I stay till I'm in your life

I realize now you're not to be blamed my love
You didn't choose your name my love
You never crossed the seven seas
I realize now you're not to be blamed my love
You never crossed the seven seas

Oh, sweet creature
I know exactly how you feel
Your clock is ticking, tick tack tick tack
Your heart is beating tum tum tum tum tum

Silently, I wish to sail into your port, I am your sailor
Quietly, I drop my weight into your sea, I drop my anchor

I realize now you're not to be blamed at all
You die a little in my arm
I realize now you're not to be blamed at all
We never crossed the seven seas
I realize now you die a little in my arm
Before you even taste my love
We never crossed the seven seas
I realize now you re not to be blamed at all
You die a little in my arm
I realize now

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
Not as good as the first one.
What's that avatar. Meaning if any? What's a honk? Why the multicolor hair? R u still into Witchery?

Perfectly normal beast is married to 5 guys, one of them being me. Move along, boy

Volstar

Local time
-->
What's that avatar. Meaning if any? What's a honk? Why the multicolor hair? R u still into Witchery?

Perfectly normal beast is married to 5 guys, one of them being me. Move along, boy

i was genuinely interested in her avatar. i assume yours is about gun censorship.
that's why i didn't ask you. ;D but i have many questions about living in norway and being rich af. tbh.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
i was genuinely interested in her avatar. i assume yours is about gun censorship.
that's why i didn't ask you. ;D but i have many questions about living in norway and being rich af. tbh.

My avatar is just being gray and snowy

If you have questions about being rich in norway you'd have to ask someone else. If you think everyone in norway is rich as fuck, well I guess you've just been presented with the info that everyone else has, propaganda or what not. There's plenty poor people in norway, who struggle to get by. There's this idea the systems norway has is so good it provides for everyone and helps everyone. This is not the case. You can be fucked over in norway if you're born into a middle class or lower family + being ill or have other disadvantage. Heck, if you have no address in norway for 2 years you're registered as moved out of the country even if you are living on the street. So, homeless people of 2 years are not registered as citizens, giving way to better statistics as in unemployment rate etc

Norway is not a paradise, it's a parasite just like everywhere else

Volstar

Local time
-->

My avatar is just being gray and snowy

If you have questions about being rich in norway you'd have to ask someone else. If you think everyone in norway is rich as fuck, well I guess you've just been presented with the info that everyone else has, propaganda or what not. There's plenty poor people in norway, who struggle to get by. There's this idea the systems norway has is so good it provides for everyone and helps everyone. This is not the case. You can be fucked over in norway if you're born into a middle class or lower family + being ill or have other disadvantage. Heck, if you have no address in norway for 2 years you're registered as moved out of the country even if you are living on the street. So, homeless people of 2 years are not registered as citizens, giving way to better statistics as in unemployment rate etc

Norway is not a paradise, it's a parasite just like everywhere else

hope you are doing fine if it's that bad, are you?
anyways (not that i'm thinking of doing this) but how likely is it to go there and find a job if you are not graduated in engineering or some hi-tech thingy? cuz i can see myself doing that almost anywhere except for norway

i keep dreaming about having a house like this one. show is in netflix there's a full episode for norwegian architecture stunts.

just sayin, let me stay on topic

Local time
-->

ofc the 2nd track wasn't as good, nothing is ever better than drama!

the clown is honkler. he pops up to alert you when honk is occuring so that you know you have entered the clown world. honk is the manifestation of any of the multitudinous absurdities therein

yes i am still a powerful witch so you'd better stop asking questions or i'll glamour you into servitude. minuend oversees my minions and will exact discipline from you at any cost

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 11:05 PM
-->

Volstar

Local time
-->

look i'm not the type who likes romantic ballads or stuff but i do see where there's lots of talent and i must admit i was a fan of this guy 90s music.
fucking nice belting high notes at around 3:12, actually the whole song is very nice. i think these days it's hard to find this kind of display of power through emotions
yeah i've heard and you probably have too about rosalia and while i think she's highly talented her music doesn't come closer to sanz. period.
it's easy to see why: cuz these days crafting of the sounds matters more than the melodies.

Volstar

Local time
-->

reminded me of quicktwist

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
hope you are doing fine if it's that bad, are you?
anyways (not that i'm thinking of doing this) but how likely is it to go there and find a job if you are not graduated in engineering or some hi-tech thingy? cuz i can see myself doing that almost anywhere except for norway

i keep dreaming about having a house like this one. show is in netflix there's a full episode for norwegian architecture stunts.

I'll probably be fine due to luck, more than fine. Not because of the system, though. If I had to survive on the system alone, I'd be fucked.

If you know the language, the chance of getting a job is higher. Depends on your field. Some jobs are not easily filled, that includes grunt work that doesn't require a degree. You'd have to do the research on your particular field.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
I'll probably be fine due to luck, more than fine. Not because of the system, though. If I had to survive on the system alone, I'd be fucked.

I just want to weigh in that I have experience with the Norwegian welfare system, and it seems to work extremely well to me. It is far from perfect, but the world is no Utopia. I doubt many other welfare systems come close.

The Norwegian society is fantastic, but still rough, because life is rough.

The climate is shit, though >_>

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
Oh, I'm in trouble if I don't contribute anything on topic, amn't I? Have this:

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
I just want to weigh in that I have experience with the Norwegian welfare system, and it seems to work extremely well to me. It is far from perfect, but the world is no Utopia. I doubt many other welfare systems come close.

The Norwegian society is fantastic, but still rough, because life is rough.

The climate is shit, though >_>

Well, you interact with it on several occasions, it tends to depend on your situation, illness etc. Some things are more clean cut than others.

I'm not sure what you mean by having experience with it, but cracks are starting to show now that they changed AAP, we're seeing a higher degree of people on disability. People who are homeless (without home address) for 2 years are registered as moved out of the country, which will influence unemployment statistics and what else. And it's just outright ridiculous. Deleting homeless people from being citizens of Norway (it also makes it more difficult for them to get help and treatment, getting back into society).

Also, there not being other's that come close does not equal success, even if true. There being nothing better is not an argument for not wanting something to work well, or that we should accept the flaws.

There are plenty of factors involved, everything from having a doctor that believes you (I believe studies show doctors have a bias toward treating people with higher education better. It should come as no surprise doctors and people in general are more positively open to people who are doing well, are celebrities, have status or similar. Even being attractive is a factor in how you will be treated by others. Doctors are merely people, after all). Like, my brother in working class went to his doctor several times over several months because he was ill and his symptoms made functioning impossible. He was met fairly dismissively, and it was only when he went to see a private doctor he got an MR, was diagnosed with brain tumor within a few days and operated within like a week because the tumor was lethal and could kill him. He got lucky. He had the money to go private several hours of driving away from his home and it probably saved his life.

And, it's not an isolated case. This happens to people.

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
RIP, Daniel Johnston

People who are homeless (without home address) for 2 years are registered as moved out of the country, which will influence unemployment statistics and what else.
That is terrible. Has there been any public debate, or have people been to busy with the election and toll plazas to pay it any mind? I've heard nothing of this.
There being nothing better is not an argument for not wanting something to work well, or that we should accept the flaws.

What scares me is that people no longer seem capable of thinking things thoroughly through, so as a society we can't prioritize which issues to solve, or even identify them. I think it is due to how fast paced life has gotten. There is so much information that no-one has the capacity to process it deeply.

If Volstar considers moving here, though, how we stack up is relevant.

It should come as no surprise doctors and people in general are more positively open to people who are doing well, are celebrities, have status or similar. Even being attractive is a factor in how you will be treated by others.

Yeah, I have had similar experiences, and keep hearing about them from friends and family. Gouvermental healthcare is becoming second rate, and I think privatization is an important factor in that.

That people are fair and professional is bogus. I can't believe people manage to maintain that illusion in the face of all the massive evidence to the contrary. I guess it makes them feel safe, but it also makes it that much harder to deal with the dark sides of human nature.

Don't get me started on doctors. Dealing with them means dancing on a knife's edge. You must be confident enough that they will take a suspicion you have seriously, but not be too confident or display any medical vocabulary - if you do they'll mistreat you out of spite, cause you have stirred their fragile ego. "You mean to replace me with google?!". Did you know doctors were strongly opposed to both the thermometer and the stethoscope when they were invented? They thought these inventions would devaluate their expertise. Hippokrate's oath? More like the hypocrite's oath. And I have the inside scoop on this. My grandmother was an MD, and my brother is, so I hear stories.

In adition to being unprofessional, I find far too many doctors incompetent. You would really do better spending an afternoon on google, if you only had the tools to treat yourself. It is like medschool is 6 yeara of learning latin incantations, but somehow skipping on learning the basic plumbing of the body. There are a lot of modern priesthoods. The healthcare system is one of them.

Anyway, when I say the Norwegian society is good, it is a testament to my misanthropy more than a belief in the Scandinavian Utopia. People suck everywhere. There is such a huge gap between what angels society tells us that we are, and who we actually are. Still... I'd rather live in Norway than most anywhere else.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 8:05 AM
-->

Kormak

Local time
-->

Marbles

What would Feynman do?
Local time
-->
@Serac Nice. I'm getting more deeply into electronic music. More recommendations are appreciated.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Marbles I recently found that Alessandro Cortini guy and I have been pretty amazed by all his stuff, so atm I would recommend another one from him lol:

another recent favorite:

but also this genius thing:

Kormak

Local time
-->

Top Bottom