• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What is your role in your zombie apocalypse survival group?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 11:50 AM
-->
Usually these tests are crap, but I liked this one... 20 questions, with a good (and extensive) variety of answers for each. I wish it had a little more output at the end, but the test made me think.

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/9030897/What-is-your-role-in-your-zombie-apocalypse-survival-group

My result:
Voice of Reason
You are the glue that holds your group together. Without you, there would be total chaos. When the leader is unavailable, people go to you for advice; sometimes even the leader goes to you for advice. The whole world could be crumbling around you and you'd still keep a level head. Before you make a decision, you like to consider all options and how they will affect the rest of the group. At the end of the day, you're the one saving the group from problems that haven't even happened yet.

Yeah, that's pretty fair. I could also go a total loner route, but if I am in a group and/or have dedicated myself, I am pretty committed to keeping things stable, thoughtful, level-headed, and making good decisions that evaluate things properly and timely.

I swiped this from another site, and about half of the posters were claiming they got "Leader" as an answer, and my first thought was that if that's the case, I'm staying the hell away from that group of people if we go zombie apocalypse because the last thing I want to be in is a situation demanding stability where 15 people are all fighting about who is going to be the leader and trying to take charge. My advice there is to send them all off in separate directions to develop their own little packs.

EDIT:
Oh, at page bottom is the full stacked results for each category in the test for you and then for the results for everyone taking the test.

me:
Voice of Reason 9
Rebel 5
Loner 4
Leader 3
Second in Command 3
Stay-at-Home 2
Scout 2
Watchdog 0
Zombie Bait 0

all test takers
Leader 6,150
Voice of Reason 4,933
Loner 3,377
Second in Command 1,778
Watchdog 1,619
Rebel 1,574
Scout 702
Stay-at-Home 675
Zombie Bait 481
I think the scoring/categories could be better, due to all the clumping in a few categories. It suggests something is off -- there are lots of middle categories that don't seem to exist.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:50 PM
-->
God, how I wish a zombie apocalypse actually happened. Life would be pure, with an uncompromisable purpose: kill zombies and survive.

Leader 7
Rebel 6
Loner 4
Stay-at-Home 3
Watchdog 3
Voice of Reason 3
Zombie Bait 1
Scout 0
Second in Command 0

Deleted member 1424

I got watchdog, but realistically I'd just kill myself. I'm barely interested in humanity as it is and people get excited about the prospect of massive regression? Yeah, I'm just gonna fuck right off. Pointless pain in the ass.

I don't get this fantasy at all.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
God, how I wish a zombie apocalypse actually happened. Life would be pure, with an uncompromisable purpose: kill zombies and survive.

This fake reality is so littered with false goals and accomplishments, and people's capability and character remain untested. There would be more opportunity for the adaptable and smart, although life would become more brutal... due to the simple litmus test for success.

But no more worrying about your credit scores, your career ladder, or who has a nicer SUV.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 10:50 AM
-->
I lost interest after like question 20 or so.

Voice of reason: 8
Leader: 5
Loner: 4
Second in command: 4
Watchdog: 3
Scout: 2
Stay at Home: 2
Rebel: 1
Zombie bait: 0

The Grey Man

τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
Local time
-->
I don't need to take the test to have more certainty in my answer than can be conferred by the result of what appears to be a minimally rigorous questionnaire. Depending on the usefulness of the other people in the group, I could be anything from (in descending order of dispensibility to the group's long-term survival) a leader to zombie bait. At least, that's my first impression upon reading this thread having not taken the test.

*takes the test*

Second in Command 6
Loner 6
Scout 5
Leader 5
Rebel 2
Voice of Reason 2
Watchdog 1
Zombie Bait 1
Stay-At-Home 0

Hmph, more in-depth than I thought, but the nature of the zombie catastrophe was ill-defined, so most of my answers were somewhat arbitrary. The image of Darryl Dixon at the end leads me to believe that I was supposed to treat the catastrophe as similar to that depicted on the Walking Dead...maybe I should retake.

I have enough military training and general sturdiness to be fairly good at developing and contributing to the group's security. It's logistics and people skills that I'm short on...I'm not the "full package" of an ideal leader. Certainly I lack the stable moral compass of someone like Rick Grimes, but I have enough sympathy for ethically conscious people from my years of intermittently trying to discover/define duty that someone like that would inspire loyalty in me. This loyalty and/or that which emerges spontaneously to my family members and those in proximity who need my help would be enough to motivate me to contribute to the group's survival. Much like Darryl Dixon, I'm hard on the outside and squishy on the inside.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Tomorrow 1:50 AM
-->
Leader(/voice of reason/rebel)
Yep, that sounds about right. I’ve thought about it a lot and I’d do okay in the zombie apocalypse for a number of reasons, but most of all because of my ability to detach from the situation and lead without ego.

Leader 7
Voice of Reason 6
Rebel 6
Loner 4
Scout 4
Stay at home 1

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Scout/Leader/Loner

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Second in Command
Leader
Voice of Reason
Loner
Rebel
Watchdog

Yeah that makes sense. I think it over tests as leader somehow but I've always taken the role of adviser to whoever is leading which probably lends it's self to second in command/voice of reason tendencies.

I mean no of course I'm clearly the president of INTPf what was I thinking!

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I mean no of course I'm clearly the president of INTPf what was I thinking!

It means you look like you are in charge but really you take orders from your press secretary mua ha ha ha

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
-->
My result was loner.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Leader 7, Scout 5, watchdog 5, loner 4

I think I got Leader because in questions that touched it, I always picked being with my friends and family and that I’d die for the group / not put my group in danger for my sake

Realistically I’d take it really seriously, better be safe than sorry, have the group’s survival at top priority. But if someone got bit I’d prefer amputation over killing- bc the group would be dear loved ones.

I’d try to scavenge for stuff and be a moral voice.

Procinogen

Devil's Advocate
Local time
-->
I got "Stay-at-home".

"You don't go on supply runs, but you're useful around your base. Maybe you're a farmer, a nurse, or a carpenter, making you valuable. If this is the case, you are too precious to lose, so don't feel bad that no one ever asks you to keep watch or go into town to look for food. If this isn't the case, you can make yourself useful, and be glad you're not one level down."

I think this makes sense for me. I'm not the most physically gifted, but I could definitely prove to be a useful asset around the base, as long as it requires some good problem-solving skills.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 11:50 PM
-->

Have you tried having no water and electricity for a month? :)

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
Rebel
You want to be the leader, but your group doesn't agree. You love your group, but it's tough love. You probably can't stand the leader. You are cut out to lead, but some aspects of your personality get in the way of rising to the top. Out of the entire group, you're the most likely to go against the leader. Sometimes you even rebel against the leader on petty matters; they want to go down Path A, but you think Path B is better, just because it's not what they want. Even if this is the case, you have the group's best interest at heart, and might be able to swallow your pride if you decide the current leader is the best choice.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:50 AM
-->
I'm going to simultaneously infect myself with the zombie virus and replace my cerebral fluid with embalming fluid so it doesn't rot, going by the reasoning that if it's still intact it still works (after all zombies are DEAD so they shouldn't be moving at all) that should let me keep at least some of my intelligence.

Then I'm going to be really helpful and trustworthy :D

elliptoid

the void is a lie
Local time
-->
I don't need to take a test to tell you I will be the guy who builds a secret compound that gets taken over by force then I get kicked out of my own home due to popular vote when someone taller and more persuasive decides he wants my house and whatever people were taking refuge there decide they like him more because I'm too authoritative and dogmatic.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I don't need to take a test to tell you I will be the guy who builds a secret compound that gets taken over by force then I get kicked out of my own home due to popular vote when someone taller and more persuasive decides he wants my house and whatever people were taking refuge there decide they like him more because I'm too authoritative and dogmatic.
What's your address again?
I need to make my plans before the zombies come.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 9:50 AM
-->
I got a three way tie between "Voice of Reason", "Scout", and "Loner" (5 each). But "Voice of Reason" popped up as my result.

On second taking (I was on the fence about a few answers anyway), I got Loner (7), and the other two still were at 5 each. I think "Loner" fits better than the other two.

You don't want to be in a group. If you are, it's probably for one of two reasons: 1) these poor saps would die without you, or 2) you've become too attached to just abandon them. You would be willing to fight for your group, but you will probably bail the moment the opportunity arises. It's nothing personal, it's just that you operate better on your own.

I'm with Jenny. I think I'll just head to your place. Sounds perf.

Last edited:

elliptoid

the void is a lie
Local time
-->
What's your address again?
I need to make my plans before the zombies come.

45.7636° N, 82.1780° W

you must bring a bicycle and two canoes it's a bit of a riddle to get there.

Probably this location is one of the best in the west.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 9:50 AM
-->
I think we could make it with just the one canoe. But there's no way Jenny would travel that far by bicycle. She'd die from exhaustion at the first minor incline.... Your fortress is as good as mine.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
I think we could make it with just the one canoe. But there's no way Jenny would travel that far by bicycle. She'd die from exhaustion at the first minor incline.... Your fortress is as good as mine.

pshaw.

When I was ten, I was biking 25 miles a day across rural PA in the summer out of boredom. :p Tippacanoe and Jenny too!

If you can get a scrap grinder installed, that would be a great anti-zombie feature.

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
I would come too but according to my results in the test I would just be annoying.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
I would come too but according to my results in the test I would just be annoying.

thats ok, someone has to die first

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:50 AM
-->
I bite higs and drag him outside the fences to join my zombie hoard.

Top Bottom