• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What is your IQ?

JJL2020

Redshirt
Local time
Today 6:22 AM
-->
Please state your IQ along with your MBTI.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 11:22 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
tumblr_mzbdsdU3He1tp8kdpo1_500.gif

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
INTP and usually test in the low to mid 130s.
Not sure how useful IQs are, though.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 4:22 AM
-->
I tend to score 132-134 in online tests but have never taken a formal one.
Type is TiNe

Turnevies

Local time
Today 12:22 PM
-->
Only done some tests which I don't entirely trust (tests online often try to sell you something e.g. so they may round your IQ to above), but based on the (incomplete, as I said) data I have, I estimate it to be away from what is average, but still far from prodigy level.

Watch out btw, while it is definetely nothing to be ashamed off, bragging about your IQ out loud is one of those things that many people don't really like, I read someone once make the great comparison that telling your IQ without asked is somewhat similar to telling the size of your dick. Also, it is often counter-productive to yourself to see accomplishments as a result of IQ instead of efforts.

Don't be too concerned about it, 133 should be enough to become an aerospace engineer, as long as you take your studies a bit serious (there should be even even plenty of room for an occasional alcohol intoxication in your youth).

Nymus Anon

AnoNymus
Local time
-->
If you know of a good iq test, please post a link.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 1:22 AM
-->
I'll tell you, but only if you can get me a good quote on my car insurance, Mr. Geico.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
105, ISXP.

What do you plan to do with this knowledge when you have enough samples?

HDINTP

Local time
-->
Who knows I have taken many.. Ranging from quite low to "really high". I do not believe that IQ is pre-determined by genes. I trust that most people can reach what others were capable to... Only exception I have for this is when somebody has "mechanically damaged brain". As someone has pointed out already I agree it is not best idea to credit your IQ for accomplishments too much...

PS: Someone wanted link on good IQ test. I reccomend this (although it probably is somewhere on this forum already...)

www.iqtest.dk

And yeah - I am probably INTP

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
This was recommended by one of my psychology professors:

www.intelligencetest.com

i think in that one i actually got 119 (my personal best score ever at least as far as i remember), a long time ago, dunno if you were the same person who posted it here but cmon, that's all bullshit, i bet when i was 17 i probably would score 10

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 10:22 PM
-->
ENTP
140-something IIRC

I've been meaning to take an IQ test as an adult for a while. It's just one of those things that's easy to procrastinate...

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

esfj

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 8:52 PM
-->
My professors say that IQ tests don't count unless completed in the presence of a psychologist who's been trained specifically in its administration.

I wouldn't go so far as to reject online tests completely, but I would be highly skeptical, especially if you take multiple tests or repeat the same one.

I also don't think IQ tests are useful once you're an adult. They're supposed to measure an unmet potential, but if you've had the opportunity to meet a potential and not met it, that potential doesn't seem meaningful. Demonstrating your ability is much more valuable than being a certified couldawouldabin.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
I also don't think IQ tests are useful once you're an adult. They're supposed to measure an unmet potential, but if you've had the opportunity to meet a potential and not met it, that potential doesn't seem meaningful. Demonstrating your ability is much more valuable than being a certified couldawouldabin.

I agree with this and would like to emphasise that IQ holds less and less meaning with age.

For children and teenagers, it helps identify potential and gives intellectually gifted kids a leg up in terms of greater attention being paid toward them to develop intellectually. But then what about the other kids?

For adults, an IQ score is useless, if not dangerous. Nobody gives a shit how much intellectual potential an adult has; because for adults, success is measured in output/effect, not potential. #realworld
Moreover, it may be dangerous for an adult to receive an IQ score, because affirmation of intelligence (or lack of) is bad for anyone's perception of self.

(But I'm a masochist and still want to take it :facepalm:)

Side note: Look up a guy called Chris Langan. 195 IQ, but struggled to get by in life.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
#CTMU

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 7:22 AM
-->
I got 130-140 when I was in highschool, but the most recent one I did a couple of years ago gave me a 105-110.

I'll give the one linked in this thread a try and edit the result in.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
This was recommended by one of my psychology professors:

www.intelligencetest.com

The test is under maintenance? How long has that been a factor?

I ask because of this IQ test I posted on this site a while back and every time I go to check it, it says the site is under maintenance.

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=23551

BTW this is the reason why I say my IQ is 105 and not say, 129 like I have gotten on some online Stanford-Binet test.

TBerg

fallen angel who hasn't earned his wings
Local time
-->
If you made it through college level content with an ability to deduce basic information then your IQ is at least 115.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 5:22 AM
-->
I took the WAIS 4 in Nov 2015.

My general intelligence is 130 but my full-scale IQ is 113.

I have ADD so my processing speed and working memory is really low.

I did well on the Stroop test so the IQ of my anterior cingulate cortex is 135.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Local time
-->
I hope i don't overestimate myself if i guess that my IQ could be around 85-90 or so. I am not self-deprecating. Just goes to show how i feel about tests that involve timing, meaning both motivation and speed, so basically extroversion. On most days my IQ would be zero. Drawing a skull on the paper won't get me any points. I could never memorize 12 digits but i might dream up 12 ways of killing the test administrator :)

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
-->
IQ can be a fascinating thing. It might indicate some type of brain power, but certain types of understandings might be lacking. IQ is certainly not a final answer to someone's understanding and abilities. It's probably biased to people who think in a way that's compatible to the thinking underneath IQ tests. Richard Feyman's Iq was said to being in the 120s, but his contribution to understanding and knowledge was much greater. Maybe there is a general correlation that's valid, but I think there are exceptions where someone would be much brighter than what an IQ test could indicate. IQ tests shows a certain type of brain power, one does not necessarily correlate to understanding, but often does

Anyways, I did an WAIS at some point as well (or was it wais). The only results I can remember right now are working memory being 100 and processing speed being 140. I can try finding my results again tomorrow, but a lot of my things are packed away (I took a look and my things are very heavily burrowed, so I wont be able to find them)

Oh, and I'm probably ENFP

Local time
-->
i never did an official one but someone shared a rather difficult online IQ test on intpf before and i got a number lower than any of the people who posted lol(i think like 105 or 103 sth like that)

TAC

Inspectorist
Local time
-->
146. If only it translated into something practical that pays lots of dollar bills. That'd be nice, but I have plenty of time to capitalize and retire by 45 and become a luthier who builds 1-2 guitars a year mostly for personal use, have the ability to ski whenever I wish, and maintain a relatively healthy MTG collection.

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
-->
My professors say that IQ tests don't count unless completed in the presence of a psychologist who's been trained specifically in its administration.

Is that like the Society of Automotive Engineers saying you have to patch a tire in a certain laborious way, rather than just stick a plug in it, in order to avoid perceived issues of liability and protect SAE certified repair shop jobs from $5 worth of DIY?

Probable yes.

Why do people get hung up on IQ? Why don't they look for any other kind of evidence about intelligence? Is it that people fear they're not smart enough? How many people worry that IQ tests might show that they're too smart? That aren't living under something like the Khmer Rouge where the smart people are executed.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
-->
Officially its 98. I looked it up the other day. I thought it was 89, so I was happy that I remembered it wrong. MBTI - INTP.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Is that like the Society of Automotive Engineers saying you have to patch a tire in a certain laborious way, rather than just stick a plug in it, in order to avoid perceived issues of liability and protect SAE certified repair shop jobs from $5 worth of DIY?

Probable yes.

Why do people get hung up on IQ? Why don't they look for any other kind of evidence about intelligence? Is it that people fear they're not smart enough? How many people worry that IQ tests might show that they're too smart? That aren't living under something like the Khmer Rouge where the smart people are executed.

Yes, its true, sometimes I wonder if I am smart enough.

Like lets be real here. People come to MBTI and say "OMG this explains everything!!!"

Same can be said about IQ I suppose.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I just tested as 103 but upon seeing my answers realised that two of the questions I got wrong were actually just me being fucking stupid and clicking the wrong thing 'cause I was rushing through it.

I've previously tested in the 120 and 130 ranges, but honestly? I'd say at my absolute best I'm floating around the 115 mark. A smart man I am not - I just have the odd decent insight. Heh.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I had to take a ton of tests for school (they were seeing if I could be medically excused for shit blah blah) but part of the tests included IQ ,,
Results said I had a 130-something IQ

Idk how valid that is
Or if it's scored on a child scale or something cuz I was 15-16 when I did that

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Today 1:22 AM
-->
If it's 1, it means I'm the best...right???

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 4:22 AM
-->

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
I just tested as 103 but upon seeing my answers realised that two of the questions I got wrong were actually just me being fucking stupid and clicking the wrong thing 'cause I was rushing through it.

I've previously tested in the 120 and 130 ranges, but honestly? I'd say at my absolute best I'm floating around the 115 mark. A smart man I am not - I just have the odd decent insight. Heh.

Could have made this post myself, honestly.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
If you made it through college level content with an ability to deduce basic information then your IQ is at least 115.

Are you basing that off the average IQ of college students (115), then assuming half pass and half fail? Because depending on what university you attend and what degree you do, far less than 50% fail. The vast majority of university students are able to understand what they're taught, and since the average is 115, there are a lot of people below 115 who also understand the content.

Probable yes.

Kinda? Except the person giving me this advice was a lecturer who no longer administered the tests. While they may have some loyalty to the profession, they don't directly benefit from improving psychologist market share.

The reasons they gave were two:

Firstly, with online tests most of them are bullshit. They have no reasons to throw around the numbers they do.

Secondly, answers are supposed to be interpreted. If I can tell you exactly why an answer is what it is, that's a more valid answer than one I write on a piece of paper, as it can't be a guess.

Some reasons I would give are that you're only supposed to take it once, as results are less accurate the more practice you have. People also tend to talk about the highest number they've attained, which means their result is often polluted by bullshit tests.

I think there are a lot of reasons. One I see here a lot is the assumption that low intelligence = bias, and it's a scary thing to have one's world view questioned. It also gives/takes self worth, which is going to attract a crowd of the insecure. This is particularly vicious for those who don't have much else going on for them who identify with their intelligence over other aspects like personality, looks, success etc.

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
-->
146. If only it translated into something practical that pays lots of dollar bills. That'd be nice, but I have plenty of time to capitalize and retire by 45 and become a luthier who builds 1-2 guitars a year mostly for personal use, have the ability to ski whenever I wish, and maintain a relatively healthy MTG collection.

Don't underestimate yourself, I deeply respect luthiers (especially if they could possibly make my new custom guitar... )

123-127 tested by a physcologist. 144 in language capabilities and over 130 in math or something like that, what lowered my results were the work memory and something like that, who cares? I'm more intelligent than every and single "phsycologist" involved in the test, in fact, he was just graduated.

-Besides, it was for a special school and we couldn't afford it, so we believe it may be some kind of excuse for rejecting the ones who couldn't pay them (and a lot of other circumstances not regarding this topic which lead us to think the result was not representative)-

INTP in here.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Don't underestimate yourself, I deeply respect luthiers (especially if they could possibly make my new custom guitar... )

123-127 tested by a physcologist. 144 in language capabilities and over 130 in math or something like that, what lowered my results were the work memory and something like that, who cares? I'm more intelligent than every and single "phsycologist" involved in the test, in fact, he was just graduated.

-Besides, it was for a special school and we couldn't afford it, so we believe it may be some kind of excuse for rejecting the ones who couldn't pay them (and a lot of other circumstances not regarding this topic which lead us to think the result was not representative)-

INTP in here.

You know that's not a bad score right? What did you need to get in? 130?

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
Could have made this post myself, honestly.

Are you still under the impression that your preferences are for Ti and Se?

Gotta get me some of that sweet, sweet Se. Oh to be grounded in the present :ahh:

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'd rather jerk off than take an IQ test, although they are approximately the same thing.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Are you still under the impression that your preferences are for Ti and Se?

Gotta get me some of that sweet, sweet Se. Oh to be grounded in the present :ahh:

TBH, I have my doubts sometimes. The recent test I poster that indicated I was more of an intuitive thinker than the average was indeed telling. How an ISTP scores higher on this than the majority of other people who consider themselves NTs was telling IMO. (seen results from 3 different sights regarding this same test)

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
I'd rather jerk off than take an IQ test, although they are approximately the same thing.

-If you're looking at IQ through the lens of your ego then yes.

I’ve avoided adding to this thread up until now, but I’ll have my say.

'IQ' is largely irrelevant IMO.
+People will judge you based on an arbitrary number.
+There are expectations which are attached to that number.
+Even discussing it seems in some way clumsy, arrogant and uncomfortable (I always feel like that in relation to others though).

Please TiC, as was discussed in another thread, IQ measurement is not entirely accurate or unbiased, but it does state something about cognitive difference.

Anyway, I've been tested in the past by an Ed. Psych at school as well as at uni (issues™), so I can explain the data contained within the report, like I know that my ‘special skills’ are in reasoning and language.
I can also tell you that I’ve been labelled from an early age.

If you need to know, according to the last report, I was apparently:
1/X = 231 (1 in 231 chance of my IQ), according to this data:
http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/iqtable.aspx
I completed that test a number of years ago now, however. It might have changed since (also as I said tests aren't accurate and there is a margin of error).
Regardless, given 7.5bn people, I’m not a special snowflake, just a cynical underachiever.

-Also, I have a disappointingly low EQ, but I don’t see a ‘post your EQ thread here’.

In my case, discussing IQ isn’t something I get off on.
We are all different in relation to others.

IQ is just a measure of difference and social inequality.
+All it essentially explains is a person’s ability to figure certain types of tests out.

MBTI - INTP. It's the only type that describes me.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
Was that a typing error? The sake you linked to date 201 is the maximum. I know the world record in the Guinness Book of Records is 228, but that record want kept after 1990 as they are considered too unreliable. Most tests don't even go over 150 because it's so absurdly rare as to pointless to test.

I tested 137 as a child and was offered a place in some school for the gifted, but my mother didn't want me to go to boarding school (or so she says anyway; I suspect exaggeration). If asked, I usually say 132 because that was my last year result about 5 years ago or so. Not that it makes any difference, though, apart from minor bragging rights on threads and a few skills that I've been too lazy or scatter brained to properly put to use.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I find IQ overall a very bizarre concept. It's like talking about how much weight you can lift by using some super-vague predictor like the circumference of your grandfather's bicep. I'm more interested in whether you have actually ever lifted a weight and how heavy it was.

Top Bottom