• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

what is existence?

sushi

Local time
Today, 19:02
what exist and what doesnt exist (outside of self)

what exists as abstract form (information or memory) or a real/physical from

i would say A exist or is real because it can be moved and touched or has physical/tangilbe form,

if one cannot move or touch or sense it then it is not real in relation to you.

what about the existence of time, can it be moved or touched?

onesteptwostep

Think.. Be... ..buzz buzz :)
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:02
What is thinking

sushi

Local time
existence implies what is real or not real, must have some physical or tangible form (outside your brain and body)

can this law be broken or violated, something that exists but have no physical or tangible form
a thing exists because it has a physical or tangible form, otherwise it is merely an idea or abstraction or memory.

sushi

Local time
does existence necessary= physical existence?

can non-physical objects exist, what does it mean to have physical quality anyway,

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 07:02
You can't prove a negative, not because a negative isn't true but rather because the positive needs to be true before you can prove the negative. For example I can't prove unicorns don't exist, it is a reasonable assumption, but if unicorns don't exist then what is a unicorn if not defined by its nonexistence? Thus even if one were to genetically engineer a bio-luminescent white horse with a narwhal horn sticking out of its head, a creature that could only be described as a unicorn, we would still have to specify that it is merely genetically engineered imitation of a unicorn, because unicorns don't exist and since this does it clearly can't be a unicorn.

Don't do epistemological skepticism, it makes you feel smart but sound stupid.

sushi

Local time
the conditions of existence imv are:

what exists must possess these three things, presence, form and quality, what does not must possess neither,

i am trying to figure out the difference between existence and non existence of external objects. form can either be tangible or intangible. the negative of something must be the positive of something.

then one will inquire further what is form and quality/essence.

i am not sure what you meant cog but i will try to follow your tips. maybe you can elaborate.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today, 07:02
Before we can make any argument certain fundamental assumptions need to be made, for instance lets say I'm holding a can of SPAM, does this can of SPAM exist?

I appears to exist but can I trust appearances and if I can't trust appearances how can I be certain of anything and if I can't be certain of anything how can I be sure if anything exists and if I don't know if anything exists how do I even know what existence is?

It's good to have an open mind but if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out, before we can question whether or not a can of SPAM exists we first need a reason to question it. If unlike everything else we interact with cans of SPAM have uncertain ontological inertia, that is to say if you look away a can of SPAM might not be there when you look back only to inexplicably appear elsewhere. If that were the case then we would have good cause to question the existence of SPAM, maybe SPAM exists but has some inter-dimensional property, maybe it's just a hallucination, maybe we never saw the SPAM but something is causing us to remember the past incorrectly, etc.

But without a good reason to do so asking these questions is kinda silly.

ZenRaiden

One atom of me
Local time
Do you have some thought disorder? You seem to be unable to follow your own thoughts. Often in these threads you ask things and it looks like word salad to me.
You seem to use words in very loose way and often go from post to post changing meaning of the same words you use. Either use words properly or at least stick to your own definition of words, but if you use unconventional definitions it would be easier to talk if you actually provide definition of words.
Any silly person can toss words around.

Am I real is Barney real is COVID real is idea real is nothing real if it is nothign etc. booring and nonsense.

Top Bottom