• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What I do when I'm angry.

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
Today 10:28 AM
-->

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:28 PM
-->
Hit myself. It's not a cutter mentality, more that anger creates an excess of nervous energy which needs to dissipate somehow, and directing it towards myself helps it to decrease even faster since the pain takes over and weakens me, plus there's the advantage of not finding things in ruins when Happy Cheese wakes up.

When I was a kid I used to play the drums, and one day while practising I couldn't get this rhythm right and thwacked myself really hard on the legs with the sticks. Welts started forming and I thought I was dying. Looking back, it's pretty funny.

Ob, do you mean you *do* the para para, or you watch it? And how on earth would the latter help? I'd just get even angrier.

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
-->
I am actually the guy in the centre.

It seems to be something of a parallel to your tendency to hurt yourself. I find that self humiliation frees my ego and the anger along with it.

Try and be angry after watching the video. It's nearly impossible.

Glordag

Pensive Poster
Local time
Yesterday 9:28 PM
-->
This video inspires a great conflict in me between the desire for it to be clearer to see the hot girls or blurrier to obscure the rest. That battle alone defeats all anger.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:28 PM
-->
Wait, you are *actually* the guy in the centre? As in you're in the video? Or you play that role when you do this weirdass dance?

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Wait, you are *actually* the guy in the centre? As in you're in the video? Or you play that role when you do this weirdass dance?

Yeah, I actually had the same question. The latter, playing the role, seems more probable, but the way he offhandedly said it was curious. Also, it would be weird if watching himself dance with four asian chicks was somehow therapeutic, but I would still like an official answer. p.s., The funniest move in the video is that salt shaker number at 2:49. p.p.s., Those purple boots bother the shit out of me.

Oblivious

Is Kredit to Team!!
Local time
-->

Don't you see cheese, we are all the guy in the centre.

We dance our ways through life to the most catchy tunes at the moment, pretending to be bold, but secretly aware of how humiliatingly camp our dance moves are.

We dress ourselves in colourful tights even though we are nothing but an overweight, middle aged salaryman, while everyone else is a hot Japanese chick.

We can only overcome our rage when we surpass the limitations of overweight comedian sumo wrestlers, put on colourful tights, and dance para para.

Yeah, I actually had the same question. The latter, playing the role, seems more probable, but the way he offhandedly said it was curious. Also, it would be weird if watching himself dance with four asian chicks was somehow therapeutic, but I would still like an official answer. p.s., The funniest move in the video is that salt shaker number at 2:49.

It was nearly spanking montage from Godhand.

Chasm

[ˈkæzəm]
Local time
Today 5:28 AM
-->
Post here what you do when you are angry. I'll start.
if the source of anger is not apparent and/or there's nothing that can be done to change it: curse silently, walk around aimlessly and ultimately rationalize the situation as best as I can.

If the source of trouble is apparent and changeable, I guess I'd try to change it, but on the other hand a situation like this would usually include so many other variables that nothing can be said for certain. :storks:

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
Today 4:28 AM
-->
hulk.jpg

Sosekopp

Local time
-->
I take a long solitary walk to sort out my thoughts. Or I blame my little sister.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 3:28 AM
-->
I take a long solitary walk to sort out my thoughts.

Don't you see cheese, we are all the guy in the centre.

We dance our ways through life to the most catchy tunes at the moment, pretending to be bold, but secretly aware of how humiliatingly camp our dance moves are.

We dress ourselves in colourful tights even though we are nothing but an overweight, middle aged salaryman, while everyone else is a hot Japanese chick.

We can only overcome our rage when we surpass the limitations of overweight comedian sumo wrestlers, put on colourful tights, and dance para para.

that video is just... distracting, no less a reminder of pent-up testosterone

i'm almost curious to find the name of the girl in pink...and blue

living on the other side of earth from japan i guess can be compared to the relative 'ability to appreciate' level of being an overweight middle aged salaryman...but only because everyone around is an overweight middle aged salaryman

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 7:28 PM
-->
I divide by zero.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
My calculator says you cannot divide by zero.

Mondorius

Oh..?
Local time
Yesterday 10:28 PM
-->
Your calculator makes me angry.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 7:28 PM
-->
My calculator says you cannot divide by zero.

Your calculator speaks huh? Well that's why. You're still working with the outdated TI-98. I have the TI-3030 model. It has telekinesis.

Bird

Banned
Local time
Today 5:28 AM
-->
Well, we all know what I do.

IzlaRoza

Local time
-->
i usually do not allow myself to get to the point of anger. but usually i end up cussing someone out lol. then go home and work out to music that pumps me up.

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
Yesterday 10:28 PM
-->
Inhale, produce a scathing demeanor, yell, scream, listen to music too loud and thrash my body around, become a disruption, break stuff, fantasize about inflicting pain, inflict pain, taking deep breaths, hiding under my covers, crying, sleeping.

jzono1

Local time
-->
I become silent, and try to ignore external stimuli. If I can, I walk away.

Letting my anger manifest itself in the physical world would be a big mistake.

Bottling it up and letting it lose in my thoughts only hurts me. Not really a good thing - but better than hurting others.

Local time
Today 3:28 AM
-->
Anger is most often caused by external factors and anger is therefore unneccessary.
However if you are angry at yourself forgive yourself and resolve to do better next time.

Emotions are a byproduct of enviroment created by our minds, this is a process that must be understood before it can be controlled. Negative emotions are superfluous.

Yet

Local time
-->
I withdraw, create distance, rationalise, work out options ... and I wake up too early in the mornings. I do not have a healty anger-management unfortunatly. When I am upset I internalise and mainly think a lot before acting.

Sometimes I get sarcastic and quite 'sharp', sometimes really silent, usually I just judge what I still want to get out of it, think about how to act in a clever and not too impulsive way or abandon situation if it is not worth it.

Top Bottom