• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What has brought you to tears?

Freakorawma

Local time
Yesterday 11:08 PM
-->
Have you ever wept at the beauty of life, or felt incredible connectedness, or sacred truth?

Have you ever been moved?

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:08 AM
-->
I had a religious experience after crying. I wrote it down on the forum that I still loved someone after they hurt my feelings. I then fell asleep and I was in a white void, I saw a woman covered in the sun and only her face was visible. Her face was Filipino.

Rebis

Blessed are the hearts that can bend
Local time
Today 6:08 AM
-->
My best friend when I was a kid, she ran away and I couldn't catch up to her. She was found the next day but after that I started to go on runs so I wouldn't be incompetent.

A girl I used to love I carried on my shoulders drunk on our walk home, I fell and it resulted in her chipping her tooth. After I left her home I started to cry because she could never get her real tooth back, buried myself in dentistry books trying to find a method to organically grow back teeth, nothing turned up and with her calming me down saying it was her fault for asking to get on my shoulders the fixation subsided.
I scare myself when I focus on things, it's haunting when I become self-aware of fixations.

The first one was my only, uncontrolled breakdown. After that sadness became internalized for the most part.

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 8:08 AM
-->
Hmm, now that I think about it I rarely cry lol. Can count on 1 hand. At least what I can remember as significant.

My parents used to sing this really gr8 baby song to me that reduced me to tears e_e sadistic bastards... it was about a little bug that gets ripped to pieces... slowly. Who the fuck invents something like that!? \o/ why on earth sing that to a child!? Mom still finds it funny e_e.. dafuq

Depressive breakdown after graduating highschool / first year of uni. The performance stress, shitty social life & home situation finally got to me. I had an extreme ammount of pent up rage, frustration and was just really angry at the world.

When my uncle died. It was sudden and unexpected, I never cried like that before, uncontrollable sobbing from out of the blue.. in front of every relative I had. I was 25.

When my first gf left me. Damn that was bad.. near slit my wrist moment there... certainly better when I broke up with the second one, still sucked. I got over the third one in a week. I think I'm developing an immunity. No luck wioth women tho.. damn it!

After watching Braveheart... that shieeet soo good mayn.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I did feel incredible connectedness once. I was super drunk in a night club at new-year eve a few years back, and at some point right after midnight I got into a zone I have never been in before or ever since. I was like a spirit, unchained from the shackles of physical existence. And in contrast to my usual experience in environments like that, I was by far the happiest person in that place. I was magnetic, man, I radiated beams of positivity. People wanted to talk with me, women wanted to dance with me, many different people want me to join them to after-parties etc. I was at one with the club.

I think what triggered it was a bunch of tequila shots and that they played U2's "new year's day" at midnight. I was expecting some shitty night-club dance track but that one came up and I got in a really good mood.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 1:08 AM
-->
Have you ever wept at the beauty of life, or felt incredible connectedness, or sacred truth?

I went on a date once and I felt at one with the world, like there wasnt anything separating me from my surroundings. It was cool but it went away after we parted, never to be seen again. maybe it was my brain experiencing oxytocin, dunno

Gnurp

Screw 42
Local time
Today 2:08 AM
-->

Is it really that infrequently for you folks? I'm overwhelmed by emotion frequently though my day - especially since I dropped my SSRI... hello emotions, I admit I missed you...

Kormak

The IT barbarian - eNTP - 6w7-4-8 so/sx
Local time
Today 8:08 AM
-->
<.< what is this "feeling one with the world" ? Never experienced that before. for me its like there is always some barrier / disconnection between me and everyone else / events. Its kinda frustrating at times tbh, I can never get into the whole feeling of togetherness and belonging, I'm always in my head.

Is it really that infrequently for you folks? I'm overwhelmed by emotion frequently though my day - especially since I dropped my SSRI... hello emotions, I admit I missed you...

Well yeah. I used to be more emotionally turbulent, but it stopped after I hit age 24 and I just stabilized. Most of the time I'm just neutral, really stable no ups or downs. Even back then I just used to be an angry teenager, which is typical. Instead of crying I normally just get really angry and outright agressive. Rare occurance nowadays.

I have seen coworkers cry over stuff that in my case just makes me agressive - commanding and sadistically pushy. Its not uncommon for me to verbally assault my suoperiors in response, to find their salty wounds and start shoving my metaphorical fingers into them. They usually back off at that point and I have never been fired be4... ^^; they promote me evry year so ..

Rebis

Local time
-->
My best friend when I was a kid, she ran away and I couldn't catch up to her. She was found the next day but after that I started to go on runs so I wouldn't be incompetent.

A girl I used to love I carried on my shoulders drunk on our walk home, I fell and it resulted in her chipping her tooth. After I left her home I started to cry because she could never get her real tooth back, buried myself in dentistry books trying to find a method to organically grow back teeth, nothing turned up and with her calming me down saying it was her fault for asking to get on my shoulders the fixation subsided.
I scare myself when I focus on things, it's haunting when I become self-aware of fixations.

Gnurp

Screw 42
Local time
-->

It's good that you are remorseful. We have the cognitive tools to rationalize anything, but we only grow when we face and pick apart our mistakes.

Gnurp

Screw 42
Local time
-->
I really said that wrong, I meant it's good to allow yourself to FEEL your remorse. You know, let it in even if it's not all your fault etc. Not to where it becomes unheathy of course.

When I was a teen a goofy friend jumped on the hood of my car and I let off the brake- made like I was going to drive off. When I tried to slow again, she started to slip under the front of the car. I punched it to scoop her back up. Now...

In an instant I can't even calculate, I decide:

Priorities: Do not gain speed.
Do not drop girl on road.
Concerns: She is not regaining her grip and is still slipping (thanks turtle waxed geo storm)
Can not turn, slow, speed up...
Conclusion: Priority issues can only worsen, eject.

So, I punched it a bit again and then brake checked her several yards from where we began this adventure. Eeeeeeeeverything I did in this scenario was wrong - except that I did manage not to run her over. She slid for a couple meters and came up filthy and holding a patch of of her hair in her hand. She was embarrassed as well, immediately scheming about telling her parents it was a bike accident. Nonetheless, my remorse is strong enough that almost 30 years later I get tears remembering how she looked. It's one of my very few visual memories and a painful one. But it's a welcome factor in how my mind works now... it makes caution a greater priority for me by default.

sushi

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
left brained or analytical personalities have feelings repressed, so are less likely subject to tears. its not imposible though

but then i had my fair share of crying when i was in child puberty stage.

moody

Local time
Yesterday 11:08 PM
-->
Yes. What comes to mind is hearing stories about whales who've followed the ships that killed their loved ones for months, mourning.

Rebis

Local time
-->
I did feel incredible connectedness once. I was super drunk in a night club at new-year eve a few years back, and at some point right after midnight I got into a zone I have never been in before or ever since. I was like a spirit, unchained from the shackles of physical existence. And in contrast to my usual experience in environments like that, I was by far the happiest person in that place. I was magnetic, man, I radiated beams of positivity. People wanted to talk with me, women wanted to dance with me, many different people want me to join them to after-parties etc. I was at one with the club.

I think what triggered it was a bunch of tequila shots and that they played U2's "new year's day" at midnight. I was expecting some shitty night-club dance track but that one came up and I got in a really good mood.

I had a similar experience the first time I tried ecstacy, I was at a forest rave and as soon as I came up everyone in my vicinity urned around and looked at me with like I was the son of god. I felt it too, I was so happy and everyone looking at me had the greatest smile ever. I was in the zone, I was the zone, and I was the tether for everybody to get in the zone. Everyone besides the DJ, in their dancing trance turned and look at me (I'd say there was 10-15 in this specific grouping of people). It was the happiest I've ever been.
Magnetism indeed.

rsnm

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:08 PM
-->
As I mature, I realize so does my emotional capacity. I can read something profound, watch a movie or simply listen to a song and they would make me weep.

I have also been through severe trauma in my life: bullying, sexual violence, lack of money, parents divorcing, school stress, etc.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
Today 12:08 AM
-->
I recall that watching the news about the Rose Revolution in Georgia in 2003 moved me to tears. I was overwhelmed. I felt relief that, that was even possible; a sinking feeling that it will never happen again; pride in the power of collective will; and disappointment in all the other things we accept with apathy.

I think it's somehow connected to the sheer panic I experience at the news or depiction of an irrational but focused mob.

Drvladivostok

Daydreamer.
Local time
Today 1:08 PM
-->
There's an anime called 'A Silent Voice' that have themes which personally resonates with me, such as bullying, suicide, social anxiety, and losing friends. I think I cried about 4 times while watching it? and another time when I re-watch the ending.

;(

Top Bottom