• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What does Ti Feel like?

Void

oblivious
Local time
Today 1:33 PM
-->
Are you constantly thinking?
Do you jump from one idea to another (related or unrelated) idea quickly?
How hard is it to focus?
How deep do your thoughts go?
How far away from the original thoughts do your thoughts go?
How quickly can you post a rebuttal towards a counterargument? (though this depends on the argument of course)
How quickly do you come up with possibilities?

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:33 AM
-->
1)I am not sure the TI has a felling associated with it. I am open to be proven wrong though.

2) My thinking doesn't stop or at least I have never actually realized that my thinking stopped.

3)Yes, very much so. Generally speaking all my thoughts are related even if the thread is invisible to those that I am trying to communicate too.

4) On one thing sometimes. I have trained my self to some extent. However I can only do the extremes. 1, I and completely unfocused or 2 I am obsessed with one subject matter alone generally very narrowly. However, the 2nd never last for more then a few hours but I may go back to it several times for up to a week or two.

5)I haven't found the depths of my thoughts yet. I do try to avoid some thoughts though so I may never know this answer.

6)Like I said my thought are all connected they all seem very close to me. However, form an out side perspective they may have no actual visible/logical link.

7)Like you said it depends on the argument and my view on that particular argument. I could be instant to hours depending.

8)This also depends on how integrated the current Idea is already in place internal frame work. Sometimes possibilities jump out at me almost out of no where but most of the time I have to contemplate them.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 6:33 AM
-->
Interesting question. Instead of answering the specific questions I'll describe it at it's best and worst, for me.

Ti at its best

This happens when I'm learning a new system. Examples my past include learning how a sailboat works and is put together, working out the ideal computer setup (furniture, computers, extra etc), figuring out how the economy works, figuring out a new software architecture, how a new RPG works, deciding the best graphics card to get, how to run a surround multi monitor system, etc. Even things like certain reality TV shows give me a bang in this way, like Deadliest Catch, because I'm seeing how a crabbing boat works.

It's a high that unfortunately doesn't last long enough. I become obsessed until the problem or system at hand is entirely thought through. Usually there is only one answer to whatever question I'm trying to figure out. The beautiful thing is that finding the answer - if there is one - is a singular thing. I mean that the answer is out there and there almost always is a single one, and the search is a matter of getting through all the things obscuring it. Once I get to the answer it's obvious; it was always there in front of me and there couldn't be any other. The Maze Metaphor is a good description of this process; it's more of finding the truth by finding what isn't true. What is left must be the answer.

This is Ti. Compare this to Te which is a more constructive process. That is putting things together to make something new, rather than taking things away to get to the truth.

Ti at its worst
When it's bad ... it's bad. When there's nothing at hand to discover or understand the motivation is non existent and the easiest things suddenly become very hard. I can't do anything other than watching trash TV and reading trash Sci Fi.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
Interesting question. Instead of answering the specific questions I'll describe it at it's best and worst, for me.

Ti at its best

This happens when I'm learning a new system. Examples my past include learning how a sailboat works and is put together, working out the ideal computer setup (furniture, computers, extra etc), figuring out how the economy works, figuring out a new software architecture, how a new RPG works, deciding the best graphics card to get, how to run a surround multi monitor system, etc. Even things like certain reality TV shows give me a bang in this way, like Deadliest Catch, because I'm seeing how a crabbing boat works.

It's a high that unfortunately doesn't last long enough. I become obsessed until the problem or system at hand is entirely thought through. Usually there is only one answer to whatever question I'm trying to figure out. The beautiful thing is that finding the answer - if there is one - is a singular thing. I mean that the answer is out there and there almost always is a single one, and the search is a matter of getting through all the things obscuring it. Once I get to the answer it's obvious; it was always there in front of me and there couldn't be any other. The Maze Metaphor is a good description of this process; it's more of finding the truth by finding what isn't true. What is left must be the answer.

This is Ti. Compare this to Te which is a more constructive process. That is putting things together to make something new, rather than taking things away to get to the truth.

Ti at its worst
When it's bad ... it's bad. When there's nothing at hand to discover or understand the motivation is non existent and the easiest things suddenly become very hard. I can't do anything other than watching trash TV and reading trash Sci Fi.

Not only can Ti reveal singular answers, it can also reduce systems to their bare essentials and manipulate them. For example, I learned the formula for a hyperbola today, and I wondered why three variables in it behaved according to the pythagorean theorem. After learning the distance to which each variable referred, I pushed and pulled at the graph in my imagination, making it yank and stretch according to the rules that I'd learnt that day, and lo and behold, I almost fully understand the formula (though certain parts of it still elude me).

Ti also has a relationship with Si. When Ti encounters any sort of error, Si causes me to feel rubbing pain in my chest or a sense of disconnection, like I'm walking on air. Neither feeling is enjoyable, and I therefore correct my logic and wording constantly-- even when writing posts on this forum. But when everything slides just perfectly into place, I feel a pleasant coolness inside, like I'd just had a cold drink after a hot day.

-Duxwing

Wolf18

a who
Local time
Today 12:33 PM
-->
How hard is it to focus?
How quickly can you post a rebuttal towards a counterargument? (though this depends on the argument of course)

1. Yes. I do not understand the concept of spending time "not thinking," isn't everyone always thinking? But I do analyse everything.
2. I don't think so, but everyone else does.
3. If I'm focusing on something of interest to me, it is easy. Otherwise, it is hard.
4. Again, depends on what I'm thinking about as well as the environment (if it is loud or there are lots of sensory distractions, I cannot think as well. I often have to close my eyes).
5. Very far. Usually when I write a paper I end up changing my thesis by the time I finish.
6. Depends on how much I know about the topic and how strong my stance is.
7. I come up with a lot of possibilities very quickly, but I then narrow it to rational possibilities.

SW

Paladin-X

ISTP
Local time
-->

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Ti also has a relationship with Si. When Ti encounters any sort of error, Si causes me to feel rubbing pain in my chest or a sense of disconnection, like I'm walking on air. Neither feeling is enjoyable, and I therefore correct my logic and wording constantly

Yeah, agree on this one. I've noticed in myself and other INTP's I know (very few) that we have a high degree of internal body awareness, and body-mind connection in this way.

PhoenixRising

nyctophiliac
Local time
Today 5:33 AM
-->
imo, @Architect has given a good answer to the function of Ti in a real-world setting.

Ti itself doesn't seem to have any emotion associated with it. However, within the dynamic psyche, it oscillates with Fe and interacts with the other functional set in one's mind. This can create a vast array of states of mind/feelings.

Ti is an internal rational process that does take the form of deduction a lot of the time. The easiest way to describe it is that Ti builds a logical framework that is stored in memory. What one encounters in the outside world is measured up to this framework, rather than necessarily being compared to other things in the environment. Ti is subjective, the observer's pov is put before and separate from the object, while Te is objective, the observer engages the object and compares it by taking its context literally. Ti is somewhat abstract in that it deals with the theoretical idea of a thing more than with the thing itself. Te seems to be more literal in that it takes the perception of a thing and appears to make the declaration "this is here and it works like this". However, in this way Te is more subject to taking ideas (like social constructs, etc.) as a literal part of reality, since systems tend to be thought of as "real".

Thanks for mentioning this, it made me think. It does make sense that the theoretical tendencies of Ti would lend it to dissect things rather than build them up. Just as, the concrete, practical tendencies of Te would lend it to build systems. When observing an idea or object, how would one figure out it's intrinsic meaning? It does seem that the most logical method would be to deconstruct it and look at all the different aspects of it. Perhaps Te comprehends the world more at face-value, seeing a system for all its visible parts, what matters in a practical sense. It's meaning would then be obvious and not need further explanation.

I wonder if the combination of Ti with Se would make it more like Te than Ti/Ne?

Analyzer

Hide thy life
Local time
-->
So are Te users better at building systems and Ti users deconstructing it? Wouldn't deconstructing a system mean you are able "create" one by taking things apart and figuring how it fits the bigger whole?

If this is the case are INTPs better suited as analysts rather than engineers?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 10:03 PM
-->
Ti also has a relationship with Si. When Ti encounters any sort of error, Si causes me to feel rubbing pain in my chest or a sense of disconnection, like I'm walking on air. Neither feeling is enjoyable, and I therefore correct my logic and wording constantly-- even when writing posts on this forum. But when everything slides just perfectly into place, I feel a pleasant coolness inside, like I'd just had a cold drink after a hot day.

-Duxwing

I have never experienced this. I get a feeling of unease when I know that there is an inconsistency, but don't know what it is. Other than that, when I identify an error in a projected trend I get quite excited, particularly if this error will lend itself to turning over my present paradigm.

When everything slides together perfectly I have a profound sense of appreciation.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
How hard is it to focus?

1. Who isn't constantly thinking? :confused:

2. I'm pretty sure my thoughts have an ADD of their own. They do follow some related pattern though. One thing will remind me of another thing which will remind me of another thing...

3. Focus lasts only until the thought is complete. If you try to interrupt me while I'm in the middle of a dialogue with myself I will not notice a thing.

4. They sometimes make a 360, but only after reality brings me back to my original thoughts. My thoughts go off on their own adventure.

5. Almost instantly, but I think it through first to make sure it is even relevant.

6. Possibilities come up quick as long as they are related to the subject matter of what is being discussed.

P.S. I don't think Ti FEELS like anything, that would be Fi. Har har har..

Void

oblivious
Local time
-->
I was of course not using the literal term for feeling.

The main reason I ask is because this is what makes me doubt my type the most. I usually have to put in extra conscious effort in order to think consciously. And since INTP's are commonly seen as think tanks, or at least from what I noticed, this raised so questionmarks. Every other behavioral trait seems to fit, except this one.

My theory, though ill-based, is because I listen to music about 70% of my awake time. And when I listen to music, I really listen to it, not being able to do other things that require much rational thinking. I have done this for about 6 years of my life now, and I figured this maybe diminished my thinking. When I put this down on paper (well, not exactly paper but anywho) it doesn't look so sound though.

So I wondered, what is Ti like for all of you, hoping I could get some more clearity. So keep the comments going.

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
Like having Spock in your head, and he won't shut up.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
So are Te users better at building systems and Ti users deconstructing it?

In an absolute sense that's true. It also more often gets INTP's into trouble. Because we're so good at pulling things apart we are good skeptics - too good. I've seen INTP's (including myself) too often naysay or pull apart a plan or idea. This is usually when you catch an INTP being wrong.

Wouldn't deconstructing a system mean you are able "create" one by taking things apart and figuring how it fits the bigger whole?

"Creative destruction" is a term used in economics to describe the process. INTP's shine at this, sometimes to their detriment as I point out above

It takes all types to make an engineering team. I'm presently part of a small team which is probably the best I've been on. I've got two ISTJ's. They are the workers, they plow ahead and their sense of duty keeps them on top of everything. Then there is an ISFP who works on one small part, and also worries about the health of the project. An ISTP is the master of another piece and constantly comes to the rest of us for advice on general programming (he's a world expert on his little part though). We have an ISFJ who is in charge of quality, and a XSTX who owns his part. Then there's me.

I come up with the ideas and solutions the rest of them never will. And while I don't work as hard as the ISTJ's I work hard enough.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
In an absolute sense that's true. It also more often gets INTP's into trouble. Because we're so good at pulling things apart we are good skeptics - too good. I've seen INTP's (including myself) too often naysay or pull apart a plan or idea. This is usually when you catch an INTP being wrong.

"Creative destruction" is a term used in economics to describe the process. INTP's shine at this, sometimes to their detriment as I point out above

It takes all types to make an engineering team. I'm presently part of a small team which is probably the best I've been on. I've got two ISTJ's. They are the workers, they plow ahead and their sense of duty keeps them on top of everything. Then there is an ISFP who works on one small part, and also worries about the health of the project. An ISTP is the master of another piece and constantly comes to the rest of us for advice on general programming (he's a world expert on his little part though). We have an ISFJ who is in charge of quality, and a XSTX who owns his part. Then there's me.

I come up with the ideas and solutions the rest of them never will. And while I don't work as hard as the ISTJ's I work hard enough.

I can understand the ISTJ's working very hard. My wife is an ISTJ and she is just about the hardest worker I know. I feel lazy next to her even though I am actually giving effort. It motivating a little.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Of course. Nobody ever stops thinking.

Yes, just like everyone.

How hard is it to focus?
Super.

As deep as they want?

As far as they want.

Depends how much I know about the subject.

However quickly it takes. Again, it depends on how much I know about the situation. I'm often credited with thinking outside the box, though.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I am utterly amazed how we all manage to give the same answers in only slightly different ways. That is the people that took the root of answering the questions presented.

I answered first so no one can accuse me of copying. :cool:

Duxwing

Local time
-->
I have never experienced this. I get a feeling of unease when I know that there is an inconsistency, but don't know what it is. Other than that, when I identify an error in a projected trend I get quite excited, particularly if this error will lend itself to turning over my present paradigm.

Oh yes, I feel that, too: it's a 'snagging' feeling, like I'm trying to pull a metal cylinder with a square peg on its side through a metal pipe that doesn't have a notch for the peg. Ow! Just thinking about that hurts! O.O

But when I find a chink in an opponent's armor, I get very excited and want to fix their argument much like someone would unwrinkle a badly-folded bed sheet: carefully flatten it, iron out the creases, and fold it properly.

When everything slides together perfectly I have a profound sense of appreciation.

Me too. It feels like I just drank a big, cold glass of something very good. I love those moments.

-Duxwing

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
-->

Pretty much. Do other people not?

I think all the ideas that jump around constantly are related somehow. I could even figure it out if I try, but much of my thinking seems to be operating subconsciously.

How hard is it to focus?

Depends on what I'm trying to focus on. If it's something that interests me, very easy. I'll completely disconnect from the world around me. But if it's something tedious and bothersome I will make every possible subconscious effort to avoid having to focus on it.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

My thoughts operate the same way I use Wikipedia. I look up one thing, and in half an hour I'll have a dozen tabs open on things ranging from bacon to hydrogen tetrafluoride to D. B. Cooper.

Pretty quickly. But I won't actually do it until I've addressed every single point I possibly can and checked and double-checked every aspect of my argument for potential weak points.

Pretty much instantly. Which is both good and bad.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 7:33 AM
-->
To me, Ti feels like that unquenchable thirst to understand something regardless of how intricate or complex it is. It is asking questions, starting with the ones you know, to get a detailed understanding of the said thing.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
I was of course not using the literal term for feeling.

The main reason I ask is because this is what makes me doubt my type the most. I usually have to put in extra conscious effort in order to think consciously. And since INTP's are commonly seen as think tanks, or at least from what I noticed, this raised so questionmarks. Every other behavioral trait seems to fit, except this one.

My theory, though ill-based, is because I listen to music about 70% of my awake time. And when I listen to music, I really listen to it, not being able to do other things that require much rational thinking. I have done this for about 6 years of my life now, and I figured this maybe diminished my thinking. When I put this down on paper (well, not exactly paper but anywho) it doesn't look so sound though.

So I wondered, what is Ti like for all of you, hoping I could get some more clearity. So keep the comments going.

Hmm, I know a lot of INFPs that say they really "get lost" in their music when they listen to it. When I listen to music that can only happen for like a very small part of the song, then my mind starts thinking again just tunes the music out.
I rarely ever really just LISTEN to music. I kind of use it for backround noise at times though, but absolute silence is best.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hmm, I know a lot of INFPs that say they really "get lost" in their music when they listen to it. When I listen to music that can only happen for like a very small part of the song, then my mind starts thinking again just tunes the music out.
I rarely ever really just LISTEN to music. I kind of use it for backround noise at times though, but absolute silence is best.

I like listening to music but I don't get lost in it. Actually quite the opposite actually, I start to analyze the lyrics or the tempo or what ever in find that I like about the music. I am always thinking even if what I am thinking about may be trivial.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
If it's Ti I have, it's clearly different to my surroundings. I have got a very good indication on this the last few weeks. My mother, who I am close to, and who is not even 60, suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a severe one, grade 5 on the fisher grade two weeks ago. I had emotional reactions the two first days, and was crying. But then it was over, I accepted what was, and I started analyzing most everything to problem solve why it happened(work load, child care from my brothers, etc), what needed to be done(farm, and she did all the administrative work), and the actual event, the mechanism of the subarachnoid hemorrhage, so I could mentally follow the workings of the hemorrhage. Basically what would be in her interest. Doing the job she couldn't do. Lastly, how to reduce the chance of this occurring again. I found all the others not interested at all in my findings, all they are concerned about is Fe, nurturing their own feelings. Taking care of each others. And visiting her constantly, when calm and rest is after my research(and clear advice from doctors, as little brain activity as possible in this period) what she needs in her coma. Basically I found they are still sucking energy out from here, putting their burdens on here, believing it is what she needs, that they give to her. While it is the opposite, and a large part of the reason why she is where she is.

I'm actually quite disgusted by all of it. I've probably been somewhat to harsh, and understanding will down on them. So I've focused the last week on the actual hemorage, and it's viscous workings. On the side looked into and sorted out the administrative aspect of a farm, the bills etc, milked the cows, sending some of them away, as there was to many. Made sure my father was fed, as got into a problem as well. Suffered problems with his back, and could barely walk. Also shocked it seemed. As she was sitting in her chair and it was as one turned off a switch. No life for 20 seconds, until breathing started again. But he has healed, as was my greatest concern, as my mother is in good hands. Basically avoid cascade events, as came off as a risk factor.

While all the others, and there are quite a lot of them, only goes to the hospital to seemingly feel sorry for my mother, but it is their self they feel sorry for. They have gained no understanding of the situations what so ever. I am very disappointed. So I have sort of explained my findings and ignored them, and concentrated on what my mother would need. I think it's the selfishness of Fe that tends to upset me, and it's manipulative characteristic, and the wielder not even aware. Very dangerous. I've had to tell several of them to be careful to not create realities from imagined data. But I presume they have no idea what I mean with that, so not sure why I bothered.

Something odd happened though. I am not overly superstitious. But when she bleeded. I was sleeping in another part of the country. I woke up at exactly that time, with blood taste in my mouth, and was wondering how that could have happened, probably bit my lip. But I never do that, can't ever remember having done so, in my sleep,a few minutes later the phone calls. I consider it an odd coincidence. But I really hope my mother wakes up, as she is interested in the spiritual stuff, she will find it utterly fascinating, I'm sure. I will investigate this here later. But now I have enough trouble to understand how blood breakdown affects blood arteries. I'll leave the feeling sorry for them selves to the others. For me that is very intense and short lived. I had also prepared for it in advance, while for the others it came as a total surprise, no surprise there though, as she was working for them constantly, without ever having time for her self. I guess most people just don't pick up on signals.

Sometimes it's painful to understand, where ignorance would clearly be much more pleasant. Unfortunately, that doesn't get stuff done. Actually, perhaps it does get stuff done, and is why they do it. IMO Knowledge must be acquired,if possible, situations analyzed, and problems solved. It is the only way. This make me feel better, but they worse. If I can understand something, often that is all that is needed. And if I then wish, I can maybe do something about it. If I don't understand , I will surely be helpless.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
If it's Ti I have, it's clearly different to my surroundings. I have got a very good indication on this the last few weeks. My mother, who I am close to, and who is not even 60, suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a severe one, grade 5 on the fisher grade two weeks ago. I had emotional reactions the two first days, and was crying. But then it was over, I accepted what was, and I started analyzing most everything to problem solve why it happened(work load, child care from my brothers, etc), what needed to be done(farm, and she did all the administrative work), and the actual event, the mechanism of the subarachnoid hemorrhage, so I could mentally follow the workings of the hemorrhage. Basically what would be in her interest. Doing the job she couldn't do. Lastly, how to reduce the chance of this occurring again. I found all the others not interested at all in my findings, all they are concerned about is Fe, nurturing their own feelings. Taking care of each others. And visiting her constantly, when calm and rest is after my research(and clear advice from doctors, as little brain activity as possible in this period) what she needs in her coma. Basically I found they are still sucking energy out from here, putting their burdens on here, believing it is what she needs, that they give to her. While it is the opposite, and a large part of the reason why she is where she is.

I'm actually quite disgusted by all of it. I've probably been somewhat to harsh, and understanding will down on them. So I've focused the last week on the actual hemorage, and it's viscous workings. On the side looked into and sorted out the administrative aspect of a farm, the bills etc, milked the cows, sending some of them away, as there was to many. Made sure my father was fed, as got into a problem as well. Suffered problems with his back, and could barely walk. Also shocked it seemed. As she was sitting in her chair and it was as one turned off a switch. No life for 20 seconds, until breathing started again. But he has healed, as was my greatest concern, as my mother is in good hands. Basically avoid cascade events, as came off as a risk factor.

While all the others, and there are quite a lot of them, only goes to the hospital to seemingly feel sorry for my mother, but it is their self they feel sorry for. They have gained no understanding of the situations what so ever. I am very disappointed. So I have sort of explained my findings and ignored them, and concentrated on what my mother would need. I think it's the selfishness of Fe that tends to upset me, and it's manipulative characteristic, and the wielder not even aware. Very dangerous. I've had to tell several of them to be careful to not create realities from imagined data. But I presume they have no idea what I mean with that, so not sure why I bothered.

Something odd happened though. I am not overly superstitious. But when she bleeded. I was sleeping in another part of the country. I woke up at exactly that time, with blood taste in my mouth, and was wondering how that could have happened, probably bit my lip. But I never do that, can't ever remember having done so, in my sleep,a few minutes later the phone calls. I consider it an odd coincidence. But I really hope my mother wakes up, as she is interested in the spiritual stuff, she will find it utterly fascinating, I'm sure. I will investigate this here later. But now I have enough trouble to understand how blood breakdown affects blood arteries. I'll leave the feeling sorry for them selves to the others. For me that is very intense and short lived. I had also prepared for it in advance, while for the others it came as a total surprise, no surprise there though, as she was working for them constantly, without ever having time for her self. I guess most people just don't pick up on signals.

Sometimes it's painful to understand, where ignorance would clearly be much more pleasant. Unfortunately, that doesn't get stuff done. Actually, perhaps it does get stuff done, and is why they do it. IMO Knowledge must be acquired,if possible, situations analyzed, and problems solved. It is the only way. This make me feel better, but they worse. If I can understand something, often that is all that is needed. And if I then wish, I can maybe do something about it. If I don't understand , I will surely be helpless.

What you're describing is not Ti as much as it is intellectualization, a process by which emotional pain drives intellectual inquiry. In your case, the intellectualization is beneficial to both others and you, so you could call it sublimation (channeling negative feelings into constructive activity) as well. Just don't get sucked too deeply into it-- your life matters, too! ;)

As for the visitation, look for any legal channels that could stop it. Perhaps a standing no visitation order could be issued.

-Duxwing

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
What you're describing is not Ti as much as it is intellectualization, a process by which emotional pain drives intellectual inquiry. In your case, the intellectualization is beneficial to both others and you, so you could call it sublimation (channeling negative feelings into constructive activity) as well. Just don't get sucked too deeply into it-- your life matters, too! ;)

As for the visitation, look for any legal channels that could stop it. Perhaps a standing no visitation order could be issued.

-Duxwing
Yes. I agree. I believe we all do what our emotions drive us to do. Without an emotional drive, we would do nothing. It is an good indicator to see where ones inclinations point towards.

Makes me realize how much one could figure out if one was emotionally motivated.

It does look though that this will end well. I told them my opinion about the visitors early, that should suffice. When that didn't work, there is nothing I am either willing or can do. Other then that I made a note on it. But thanks for the proposal. If my thinking have been successful, the effect should come into effect sooner then later, and it will take care of my mother, father and me automatically. Dunno, will have to see.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
Yes. I agree. I believe we all do what our emotions drive us to do. Without an emotional drive, we would do nothing. It is an good indicator to see where ones inclinations point towards.

Makes me realize how much one could figure out if one was emotionally motivated.

It's all just a question of motivation relative to pain. We can do anything that's physically possible if we want to.

It does look though that this will end well. I told them my opinion about the visitors early, that should suffice. When that didn't work, there is nothing I am either willing or can do. Other then that I made a note on it. But thanks for the proposal. If my thinking have been successful, the effect should come into effect sooner then later, and it will take care of my mother, father and me automatically. Dunno, will have to see.

That sounds rather ominous.

-Duxwing

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
I don't know Duxwing. Just know that adjustments had to be made. So I made them. I was actually discussing this stuff with someone who is not on the forum just now a year ago. That my mother was killing herself through stress, but nothing one could do. And that it had to follow it's path.

I think one also will see things differently if one is part of a group or alone. So my brothers interests are different then mine.

In any case. I wrote this down, mostly because it was my feelings at this/that time(one to two weeks ago), and I want to review it at a later point to check who got things right. Me or them. And I thought it a fitting place, as I imagined it could be internal thinking. With some undeveloped external feeling mixed in. Primarily.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
I don't know Duxwing. Just know that adjustments had to be made. So I made them. I was actually discussing this stuff with someone who is not on the forum just now a year ago. That my mother was killing herself through stress, but nothing one could do. And that it had to follow it's path.

I think one also will see things differently if one is part of a group or alone. So my brothers interests are different then mine.

In any case. I wrote this down, mostly because it was my feelings at this/that time(one to two weeks ago), and I want to review it at a later point to check who got things right. Me or them. And I thought it a fitting place, as I imagined it could be internal thinking. With some undeveloped external feeling mixed in. Primarily.

Everything regarding you, your mom, and your dad is going to be OK, though, right? Wrong? Maybe? :confused:

-Duxwing

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
Everything regarding you, your mom, and your dad is going to be OK, though, right? Wrong? Maybe? :confused:

-Duxwing
It looks good, she is on day 14. But a serious thing. Coming out from coma as we speak, may take a few days. They tickled her toes today and she reacted, as is good, as the bleeding was in the area with the motor functions. Doctors are very optimistic, and haven't found evidence for brain tissue damage. Nurses said today that all the worst dangers are over. As I concluded yesterday, when vasospasm stopped. Been lucky. Was in the helicopter 30min after, and sitting when it happened. They relax on the porch before they do the evening care in the barn. The day before she was in the mountain alone walking in -10 degrees, for hours.

Still things to be worked out. But I like figuring out things. At some point I will go back to the ocean. And by that time. My father should have a work day that is enjoyable. As it was will not work, because my mother will be away for quite a while. And as he is a creature of habit, changes doesn't come easy. So to make the changes he want, and he have to do them himself, even think he came up with the idea. That isn't so easy.

Duxwing

Local time
-->
It looks good, she is on day 14. But a serious thing. Something like 1/3 dies, 1/3 with some disabilities and 1/3 recovers well. Coming out from coma as we speak, may take a few days. But at least came through the last main obstacle, vasospasm. Doctors are very optimistic. When she came in the message we got was basically that they had had bigger bleeding that had ended well. She is strong, I think she will pull through. They tickled her toes today and she reacted, as is good, as the bleeding was in the area with the motor functions.

The other stuff will work out fine too. My oldest brother have handled my criticism surprisingly well( I didn't know at that point the extent of that situation). Considering he have had a real rough month. Just one week prior to this, my mother complained to me about the excessive workload, 4 kids to watch on top of everything else, for two weeks. As the father of my brothers girlfriend also almost died from something similar, a bloodvein that ruptured in the back, and it took the doctors a week to figure it out. By that time it had progressed to give him vasospasm that gave him 3 brainstrokes. The doctors said they should say their good byes. But, he pulled through too. Among the first tings he said when he woke from coma, was with a crooked smile, that they wouldn't be able to get rid off him that easy.

I am pleased with my own efforts, but could have been handled more smoothly in hindsight. I don't think they understand things yet, and consider me just emotionally upset. I hope it will bear fruit. So that there will be more time for more pleasurable things in the future for my parents and also for me. Life is more then hard work imo.

I'm not siding with them at all, but you are upset. You've just channeled the upset--'ness' into something constructive instead of breaking down. So, as trite and difficult as the following may seem, do something that you like. It'll take your mind off these problems and ease your nerves.

:)

-Duxwing

scorpiomover

The little professor
Local time
-->
All the time.

All the time. My thought process has been likened to a train constantly jumping tracks.

How hard is it to focus?
When I'm focussed on my thoughts, it's very easy. But when I'm focussed on listening to others, they would often say things that kick off my Ti asking questions and thinking about things that take my focus, and then it became very hard to focus on what they are saying next.

Very.

I've been told I "go round the moon" from 5 years old.

It can be quick. But usually, I have to think about things for a while.

For a long time, none appear. Once I think of one, others come flowing thick and fast.

crippli

disturbed
Local time
-->
I'm not siding with them at all, but you are upset. You've just channeled the upset--'ness' into something constructive instead of breaking down. So, as trite and difficult as the following may seem, do something that you like. It'll take your mind off these problems and ease your nerves.

:)

-Duxwing
I edited that post, tmi imo. Of course. It was traumatic. But compared to them, I had at least prepared for it. So should be more stable.

The advice is surely sound. I will do so if feel pressure building. The danger would be mindless tasks.

Today, I went up on one of the mountains, sunning on the top, relaxing, eating oranges, and I found, that the view was sort of how I felt. Do you identify with the picture? Apologize for the low quality, but only had the phone with me.

8646207663_6555298428_z.jpg

John_Mann

Local time
-->
Ti have a feeling attached to it. There's no such thing as pure Ti (in a human being at least).

The feeling of well-being in use logic analysis and decision and break down a complex system. When this happen there's a strong certainty that such thing (logical decision through analysis) must have a practical application to ourselves and/or other people. Perhaps we don't know at first what could be and how to achieve it, then Te must enter the room.

That's when we feel the fullness of our shadow Fe.

ENTP lurker

Usually useless
Local time
-->
Ti feels like? :rolleyes: That is the point it does not feel at all. Te makes you feel when you are an xxTJ.
Anyways for me aux Ti sometimes brings out emotions (no feelings). I kind of get high at best (or worst).
Obviously it is different than with dom Ti. It is like conceptualizations starts hower in my mind and Ti kind of cherry picks them to a whole system. Well, it can be correlations, events, words etc and mighty Ti makes it creatively own statement or something like that. Sometimes I'm splitting hairs with semantics and looking for inconstencies.

Te makes you act logically. In socionics ENTp uses it demonstrative purposes where as INTP (INTj) tries his/her best to ignore it. It is the moment when give myself an order to activate myself and actually do something constructive by ignoring system for a second. Manifestations: sharp tongue (other wordly but still), ignoring F altogether, assembling something, just doing the math without fully understanding it for the sake of practicality (eventhough it hurts my logical circuits).

Oddity

INTP
Local time
-->
What might an analyst actually do? I tried googling analyst but it wasn't helpful.

Taking things apart and analyzing them appeals to me much more than building silly things, though.

dark+matters

Local time
-->
It either feels like nothing or like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZQ-HTOtNxg

Or... I dunno. Happy, if it's one of your leading functions, I suppose! I feel good when I'm left to just sit there think about stuff or gather new information to build on what I was thinking about before. My thoughts are much weirder or sillier than deep, I believe, and they straaaaaaay. I can focus for hours on end if I'm in a totally distraction-free environment, but I'm very easily overstimulated and come up with too many possibilities which are generally distractions since most of them never happen and cause me some anxiety.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 9:33 PM
-->
I think on the surface INTPs are deconstructionists, but in the inside, what fuels this deconstruction is to rebuild the system- we subconsciously seek for what is better. We chase our negativity so that we may find what is wrong, to turn it around, and make it positive so as to construct our own castles from there. We stumble when our own structures fall, but we rise to the challenge again and again, to seek what is best. We are constructionists- architects- at heart.

Our will to live manifests in our ability to think, question, and ponder.

Top Bottom