• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What do you do most of the time?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Today 4:39 AM
-->
Three parts to this question.

1. Look at the previous week - or typical week or month if the most recent was atypical. What were you doing most of the time?
  2. What do you think your type is?
  3. What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why?

On the first part answer just purely based on what you actually spent most of your time on, be honest.

Vrecknidj

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:39 AM
-->
Edit: my answer was too complicated.

1. Work

From September 2012 until December 2012, this was my schedule:

Monday: get up at 6:45am, drive 60 minutes to work. Work as a union organizer until 3:30pm. Drive 45 minutes to another job, prep for class, teach intro to ethics from 6pm to 10pm, drive home. Fall asleep.

Tuesday: get up at 6:45am, drive 60 minutes to work. Work as a union organizer until noon. Drive 10 minutes to another job, prep for class, teach professional ethics from 2 to 3:15; drive 60 minutes to work (stop at home for 20 minutes to eat); drive 10 minutes to work, teach microeconomics from 6pm to 10pm. Drive home. Fall asleep.

Wednesday: get up at 6:45, drive 60 minutes to work. Work as a union organizer until 3:30pm. Drive 60 minutes home. Stop for 20 minutes to eat. Teach business statistics from 6pm to 10pm. Drive home. Fall asleep.

Thursday: get up at 6:45, drive 60 minutes to work. Work as a union organizer until noon. Drive 10 minutes to another job. Prep for class, teach professional ethics from 2 to 3:15. Go back to my office. Drink coffee. Prep for class. Teach biomedical ethics from 5:30pm to 9pm. Drive 60 minutes home. Fall alseep.

Friday: get up at 8am, be thankful and exhausted at the same time. Grade papers, read books, prepare lectures until Sunday night. Repeat.

From January 2013 until April 30, 2013 I had a similar schedule, but I only taught three nights each week. However, on my other night, I had twice-a-month meetings for the summer camp where I am the director.

From May 1 until June 9, my schedule was...

Monday: get up at 8am, do yoga, work on camp director stuff (hire staff, etc.) until lunch. Mow lawn or do other household chores that I've neglected since last September until about 3pm. Get ready for class. Teach business algebra until 10pm.

Tuesday: same as Monday, except teach calculus at night (and get home at 11pm).

Wednesday: same, but w/o a night class. Go to camp meeting instead.

Thursday: same, but w/o any night activity. Be happy that I have a night off. It's rare.

Friday: same as Thursday.

This week, I conducted camp training every day (get up at 6:45, etc., work all day, teach two nights).

Starting next week, and for the next 6 weeks, I work every day (including weekends) as a camp director. I am on call whenever I am not at work because the lives of 50+ boys (age 9 to 15) are, indirectly, my responsibility. I sometimes end up staying with a child in the emergency room, or police station, or whatever, until 3 in the morning. It's a serious drag. Usually, the camp is pretty good. Oh, and I teach at least two nights a week the whole time as well.

After camp ends (July 26) I take three days off and reorient myself. Starting August 1, the union organizer gig starts up again, and in September, all the university jobs start again.

I take off 5 days every year for GenCon.

The second Monday of every month I serve as an ethics consultant for a major international firm that engages in animal research. Throughout the week, whenever I can, I use my company laptop to review files of researchers who intend to use animals in research.

I also write assessment tools for the philosophy department of a nearby university. I sometimes work with that universities office of faculty development in training other instructors in the creation of these tools.

At nights, when I'm "relaxing" I do my editing work. I am the editor in chief of Pathways magazine (Rite Publishing) and I edit their "101 series" of books and their Kaidan series of adventures.

Oh, my mom is dying of esophageal cancer right now, and I try to spend time with her. My wife is on the autism spectrum and doesn't work (hence my schedule), and I'm doing my best to keep two sons in college and getting their lives going.
3. What would I prefer to do? Sleep. Travel. Read.

See below for #2

Vrecknidj

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Oh. Oops. I'm an INTP. However, my N/S tests very close to the middle, as does my F/T. I'm clearly a P and clearly an I. Over the course of my life, I've learned the value of developing my E so that the world will pay me, and think of me in ways that allows me to remain an I without them bugging me.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 8:09 PM
-->
My typical day would consist of
- 10 or 11 hours sleep
- 1 hour on forum
- 1 hour preparing/eating food
- 1 hour in transit
- 3 hours studying
- 1 hour chores/hygiene
- 2 hours watching select shows with housemates
- the rest on the computer

I'm an XNTP.

I'd like to be more productive, and spend less time sleeping. I'd prefer to be more sociable, but at this time of year it's hard as it's always cold and rainy, and I don't have a car.

The Introvert

Goose! (Duck, Duck)
Local time
-->
1. Work in university-funded laboratory, usually Mon-Fri, usually ~9:30-4:00 (I make my own schedule, so I range from working less than 2 hours one day (or none) to 10+ another. Depends how I'm feeling. Spend an increasing amount of time with religious friends (which is probably evident in my posting) as well as with musician friend (less obvious) and traveling/ going with the flow any chance I get. This could range from attending concerts (free or otherwise) or going to random but fun excursions within the immediate vicinity (KY, WV, OH) and will soon be traveling to FL for a week for total relaxation. Ride my bike around a lot (need to put air in tires).

2. INXJ

3. Wish I read more, and worked less hours on the specific project I'm working on (work) and replacing it with a different project. Instead, I'll probably be just adding hours from new project, thus leaving me with considerably less time (so much for reading). Also wish I could spend more time on my personal interests (learning agent-modeling, spending more time with music, already mentioned reading. Would be really helpful if I could just consume the information I want to know rather than wasting the time reading it (in reference to scientific material).

@doc
Your life sounds wonderful, except for the hectic sleeping pattern. I would recommend you try and get that at least somewhat stable.

Don't lose faith in the scientific community, because I'm still here D:

Is it over-optimistic to hope to be able to change the misplaced values?

Valentas

Local time
Today 10:39 AM
-->
Programming and reading books recommended by Joel Spolsky. Also book "Write great code, Volume I", recommended to everyone.

Talking with people from Edinburgh about uni and city.

Reading books about resume. I plan on getting part-time job in IT if I'm fortunate. I suck at resume writing.

Lifting weights and doing cardio workouts. It helps to relax.

Tons of time in front of computer, watching videos, university courses on c++ from stanford and doing assignments. Also I learn maths...second year at Edinburgh is going to be overkill if I don't learn extra stuff. :}

My type?... IXTP

I would like to travel. See the world. Also I want job among smart software engineers because I want to learn and have a fuckin' deadline which means I either learn a ton and complete projects or I am fired ;)

Milo

Brain Programmer
Local time
-->

1. Look at the previous week - or typical week or month if the most recent was atypical. What were you doing most of the time?
  3. What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why?

On the first part answer just purely based on what you actually spent most of your time on, be honest.

1. Working, eating, sleeping, meditating
2. Just took another test that showed INTP--but all of my results were very close to 50% for each so I'm still inclined to say that depending on the situation it is any of the personalities.
3. I prefer to be more productive and work more--only problem is that I lack things to do after my actual job is done for the day. Progress and success in as many directions as possible (in something that interests me or benefits me) is what I strive for.

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
Today 3:39 AM
-->
1. working
2. What do you think my type is?
3. Hanging out with my own kids instead of other people's. Unfortunately, I don't get paid for hanging out with my own. Anyway, I'm beginning to doubt that my own kids can stand that much of me anymore, now that they're older. :(

Ink

Local time
Today 11:39 AM
-->
  1. Look at the previous week - or typical week or month if the most recent was atypical. What were you doing most of the time? Browsing forums and chatting with girls
  2. What do you think your type is? INTP
  3. What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why? Making money, obvious reasons

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
1. i spend a lot of time cursing in front of my sub-par computer.
2. INTP (or INFP)
3. play music

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
1.) School, Sleep, Forum, Chit-chat, Misc.
2.) INTP
3.) Still school, but with more homework (it's complicated).

-Duxwing

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->

1. 1/3 of time sleeping. Month: outdoor yard work planting and transplanting, computer: tracking securities, folding, posting on MBTI Forum. Buying and watching koi fish. Occasional NYC meetings or lectures. Talking to wife, jogging, playing with pets. Recovering from Ehrlichiosis ehrlichiosis (a tick born disease). Commuting between apt and hse. Thinking about how the world works and how I should orient myself in that respect. Watching 3 star or better recorded movies.

2. INTP but possibly INFP (not likely), ENTP (hardly), INTJ (not really), ISTP (not really).

3. I would like to continue all of the above including .333 time sleeping but excluding the Ehrlichiosis. Spending more time at house.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
1. working
2. What do you think my type is?
3. Hanging out with my own kids instead of other people's. Unfortunately, I don't get paid for hanging out with my own. Anyway, I'm beginning to doubt that my own kids can stand that much of me anymore, now that they're older. :(

If I had to guess - ISTP.

Too bad about the kids, inevitable ...

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->

1. Waking, working, baking, jerking, sleeping, creeping, weeping, flirting. Smoking, toking, joking, moping, posting, roasting, coasting, toasting. Reading, pleading, feeding, seeding ;), speeding, eating, needing, bleeding.

2. ISFP

3. I would like to be building a homestead deep in the boreal forest (right here in Alberta) complete with an abundance of home-grown pot and multiple brilliant saltwater aquariums, cats, dogs, ramparts, towers, fencing, buildings, stables, horses and a river with a hand-built canoe.

oh, short answer

Q: What do you do most of the time?
A: Daydream

kvothe27

Local time
-->

1. Studying programming, programming, solving math equations, reading, playing video games, jogging, browsing online, discussing psychology and philosophy with my house mate, hiding out in my room to avoid socializing, etc.
2. INTP. Let me know if you think I'm some other type.
3. I would rather be programming what I want to program rather than what my professors want me to program. Also, I strongly dislike agile development. Mostly, I strongly dislike working on a team, which is what I had to do last semester. Other than that, I'm pretty content with the above.

DelusiveNinja

Falsifier of Reality
Local time
-->
Look at the previous week - or typical week or month if the most recent was atypical.

-What were you doing most of the time?
I was doing homework, watching a little anime, & (why don't people use these instead of typing "and") lurking before I had an account.

What do you think your type is?

-My MBTI type is INTP/j and my ideal type of girl would be ENFP, INFP or INFJ because they bring out the good in me lol and INFJs can be mysterious sometimes.

What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why?

-I want to play strategy games or MMORPGs and watch good psychological,sci-fi ,mystery, thriller genred anime because I hate doing homework and there's not enough good anime genred this way.

Zeal

Redshirt
Local time
-->
1. Lounging, relaxing, sleeping, longboarding. Watched the sunset and sunrise: got a kick out of how it happens everyday.

2. INTP

3. Travelling, seeing the world. I really want to go on a missions trip. Just be great basically. I'd like to spend my time being legendary.

~~~

Local time
-->
1 Reading this forum.
2 If 1 is true then must be an INTP.
3 N/A.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
-->
1. Sleeping late, playing computer games, occasionally doing something slightly more productive, i.e., reading forums.

2. INTP. Although I may be ISTP.

3. Ideally? Flying an airplane. Traveling. Seeing places.
More realistically? If I could convince myself to stop being so fucking lazy, teaching myself a language, to code, to play an instrument. Something useful.

NormannTheDoorman

Rice is love. Rice is life.
Local time
Today 9:39 PM
-->

1. Summer school, skyrim, attempting to learn study a programming language. For the most part I was playing skyrim.

2. Unsure

3. If I had unlimited power when it comes to making things I would be creating things for the rest of my days. As of now I have several invention ideas but I lack supplies to create such a thing. Even a mini version of it.

HDINTP

Local time
-->
1) School, Internet, Reading, imagining future and/or creating another reality, sleeping etc. I hope I do not have to mention things like eating, hygiene...

2) INTP

3) Use my time more effectively and stop complaining that my time is running away because that leads to not using my time as I would like to.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
1. Work 9 hours on 5 days a week (counting travel time)
- sleep 6-8 hours
- have joined a team and playing basketball games once a week again
- rest of the time is spent mostly reading, researching, training/studying basketball, playing drums and video games

2. INTP

3. Work less hours. There's nothing I really want to change, just to have more time to do what I already do.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
1.Being cute
2.Sleeping
3.Being cute while sleeping

Type:Whatever you want me to be :D

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Everyone sleeps, eats, etc., in terms of recreational time (when I'm not employed) I spend it entirely in a phase of reading and walking; often I'll catch an idea and find I need 30 minutes to jog it before going back to reading.

INFJ I'm pretty sure is the closest fit for me.

In terms of change, I want greater organisation. I find it difficult to wake up so if I'm not working early my pattern becomes really erratic - I wake up when I want to and go to sleep when I'm tired. I want to learn photography & to draw and this pattern isn't conducive to juggling multiple tasks, which needs structure.

I think ideally I'd just set a sleeping pattern and when I wake up do meditation exercises followed by drawing, leaving the rest of the day free for work/ other stuff.

Solitaire U.

Last of the V-8 Interceptors
Local time
-->
@Architect
@Hadoblado

I'm honored that you care enough to actually notice. I didn't think anyone did (Duxwing excepted, of course). :)

Thank you.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
@Architect
@Hadoblado

I'm honored that you care enough to actually notice. I didn't think anyone did (Duxwing excepted, of course). :)

Thank you.

Hey! I read that and instantly thought ISTP.

Do you have to be noticed to be noticed?

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
@Architect
@Hadoblado

Thank you.

Don't feel special, I see and analyze everything (ha ha, just kidding :)

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
I go to school and I talk with people. I consider them as ants/robots/ignorant_beings, and I use them to strengthen my knowledge about humanity. It also progresses both my social and intellectual intelligence.

Some days a week I drink a bottle of wine, this helps me to take the edge off. Being intelligent has its downsides. I also smoke tobacco, and I do so rather often.

Once I come home, I sit and I think. I may scroll through facebook or INTPforum; But for what I do most, is think. When I'm in the condition of intelligence, I work on my book. If I'm not, then I'm passively considering what to think.

I'm always utmost detached from what I'm thinking so I can guide it and cancel it if needed. I cancel it rather often as I know where thoughts will lead. I suppose it is the price you pay for wisdom.

1. What do you think your type is?
In an objective methodology of MBTI, I am an INFJ. However, there are plenty of not so objective methodologies, in which I am INTP, or in some INTJ. I am also often mistaken for an ENTP.

1. What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why?
I have no needs. I don't need anything. I don't want anything. If we could wish, I would wish myself not to be a conscious being. Considering that as impossible, I would want myself to be more attractive or socially acceptable. Then again, I above all, I accept my nature. Unfortunately though, I have never met a person that regards intelligence or wisdom as valuable. Not even INTPs. Furthermore, most INTPs I've known, are to sensitive. I am a person of confrontational truth. [You] seemingly aren't.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
  1. What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why?
I have no needs. I don't need anything. I don't want anything. If we could wish, I would wish myself not to be a conscious being. Considering that as impossible, I would want myself to be more attractive or socially acceptable. Then again, I above all, I accept my nature. Unfortunately though, I have never met a person that regards intelligence or wisdom as valuable. Not even INTPs. Furthermore, most INTPs I've known, are to sensitive. I am a person of confrontational truth. [You] seemingly aren't.

I don't see how this answers the question. What do you mean, "I have no needs"? You need nourishment and oxygen. If you are like most people you need sex. If you want to develop normally, you need love. IMO, you also seem to need to put everyone else down to inflate your own ego, but that is beside the point, as is evident from your posts. How do you justify that you have no needs?

Also, why do you wish you were not a conscious being?

My answers to Architect's questions:

1. Researching things to do over summer holiday, going to school 9 hours & 10 minutes a day, trying to do some genealogy (so far a failure – d'you know how many John Fitzgeralds there are in Co. Cork?)
2. I believe I am an INTP who happens to use a lot of Se
3. I wish someone could give me a long-term, practical puzzle that involved my leaving my house.

SW

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
I don't see how this answers the question. What do you mean, "I have no needs"? You need nourishment and oxygen. If you are like most people you need sex. If you want to develop normally, you need love. IMO, you also seem to need to put everyone else down to inflate your own ego, but that is beside the point, as is evident from your posts. How do you justify that you have no needs?

My answers to Architect's questions:

1. Researching things to do over summer holiday, going to school, trying to do some genealogy (so far a failure)
2. I believe I am an INTP who happens to use a lot of Se
3. I wish someone could give me a long-term, practical puzzle that involved my leaving my house.

SW

I can help you in this:

--Advance the state of the art of grain silo construction and then build a prototype grain silo based on your ideas.
--Understand and protect the habitat and communities of local amphibians.
--Develop a new tractor tire that doesn't smell like melting rubber when left out in the sun.
--Rederive the external blueprints of the tallest building in a fifty mile radius by observing and measuring its structure.
--Build a motorcycle that can go three hundred miles per hour and then ride it to glory. The means of propulsion (jet engine, rockets, V32 engine) are up to you.
--Invent a man-portable, cheaply, safely, and quietly operable, and highly reliable jetpack and fly it around to advertise your success.
--Erect a monument to yourself in a public place.
--Innovate on current ground scanning radar to create a device that can autonomously scan for and mark potential fossil dig sites.

If you don't like those, then I have plenty more where they came from.

-Duxwing

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I can help you in this:

--Advance the state of the art of grain silo construction and then build a prototype grain silo based on your ideas.
--Understand and protect the habitat and communities of local amphibians.
--Develop a new tractor tire that doesn't smell like melting rubber when left out in the sun.
--Re-derive the external blueprints of the tallest building in a fifty mile radius by observing and measuring its structure.
--Build a motorcycle that can go three hundred miles per hour and then ride it to glory. The means of propulsion (jet engine, rockets, V32 engine) are up to you.
--Invent a man-portable, cheaply, safely, and quietly operable, and highly reliable jetpack and fly it around to advertise your success.
--Erect a monument to yourself in a public place.
--Innovate on current ground scanning radar to create a device that can autonomously scan for and mark potential fossil dig sites.

If you don't like those, then I have plenty more where they came from.

-Duxwing

1. I live in a city. However, I understand that many people die when they fall into silos through suffocation and toxic gases.
2. Brilliant. Yes.
3. See no. 1
4. Interesting, but I don't think I have enough background knowledge. When I learn more about architecture, I think it's great.
5. I can't drive.
6. See 4.
7. I don't want a monument.
8. See no. 1
Any non-rural ideas, that don't involve a lot of background knowledge on a subject? :)

SW

Double_V

Local time
Today 5:39 AM
-->
I go to school and I talk with people. I consider them as ants/robots/ignorant_beings, and I use them to strengthen my knowledge about humanity. It also progresses both my social and intellectual intelligence.

Some days a week I drink a bottle of wine, this helps me to take the edge off. Being intelligent has its downsides. I also smoke tobacco, and I do so rather often.

Once I come home, I sit and I think. I may scroll through facebook or INTPforum; But for what I do most, is think. When I'm in the condition of intelligence, I work on my book. If I'm not, then I'm passively considering what to think.

I'm always utmost detached from what I'm thinking so I can guide it and cancel it if needed. I cancel it rather often as I know where thoughts will lead. I suppose it is the price you pay for wisdom.

1. What do you think your type is?
In an objective methodology of MBTI, I am an INFJ. However, there are plenty of not so objective methodologies, in which I am INTP, or in some INTJ. I am also often mistaken for an ENTP.

Oh. You're back. Yippy.

*she said dryly*

Edit: Your posts remind me of a poster who goes by the name Wasabi and is a main member (one of the very few who are left there) at entpdotorg. He's been banned at all of the other MBTI sites, so I guess it's all he's got left. But you two have alot in common, tho he claims to be an ENTJ. Maybe you two should interact? There.

Double_V

Local time
-->

1.This week it was being on the phone trying to work w/ the required mail order pharmaceutical company to obtain a prescription that is considered "new" and "special" in the USA (but is one on the most commonly used drugs in all the world, including Canada & Mexico). Exorbinantly priced and hard to get here, cheap everywhere else.

All of my weeks are about epilepsy, no real peace of mind, no sleep...

In my between time I am an advocate for a few different causes and work to bring public awareness.

2. I am an ENTP, relatively balanced on N & S and low in E (if I were anymore extroverted and I don't know if could handle it). In the alternative I come up INTJ (and I really wish I was as I love them so), and showed up as 3rd choice recently on a test as... ISTJ. Interesting, as I have felt seriously harnessed by my sons epilespy, and have had to keep all things at a very shallow, flexible, simple level for quite awhile. I do what I must, not what I want.

3. I very much like to produce paychecks by being self employed, roaming around and mixing business w/ the pleasure of travel time. But it appears my life has taken on other plans, at best I may be allowed the opportunity to be a spokesperson.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->

Cafih

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Yesterday started my holiday from school, the week before that, my typical day was waking up 0615, getting home at (with a variance of 1 hour ) 1445, spending the rest of the day reading,(on the internet, of course) and playing Fallout 2. This was sometimes interrupted by eating, and other necessities.

Reading was dominated by the Wiki, Cracked.com, and Tvtropes, three resources I have nearly depleted a long time ago:seldom do I stuble across new interesting pages anymore, so I may have reached the time to delve deeper.

I have 77 days of break, decided to try to make something out of it. Today is Day 2.
I plan to increase my physical & mental abilities, and knowledge. On an unrelated note: I decided to end my relationship status with my hand. Tough one there. I also document the whole period.

On Day 1 I managed to wake up early enough to actually go out for a bicycle ride(which, for me, regardless if I actually do it for exercise or as means of transportation, means full speed...I am badass like that). Also, mnemonics got their share of time, as well
[ http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/02/20/magazine/memory-games.html?_r=0 : Article mentioned in introduction ]
First take was 33. Second, I went for 50, remembered a total of 42, but somewhere it slipped apart, and thus only 29 was in the right place. I could'nt go for a third try, as my toilet was cluttered...visually...Spent some time on Wikibooks' Linear Algebra(this I started some time ago), but in the second chapter, I realised that I can't for the love of god solve differential equations, so jumped to the book on Calculus's chapter on them, and when I reached the section of linear equations, I began to doubt my groundings in calculus.
[ http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Calculus/Ordinary_differential_equations#Linear_equations ].

This resulted in a sort of ragequit ( actually was mentally tired anyway, so would'nt have gone further any ways ) for that day, ending in yet some more Fallout...Figure

Day 2:This day
I did'nt go down this day:33 C° was hell too hot for me(this was around the time I woke up.Decided to try wake up before sunset next day (0440).
Went for one try at mnemonics, before it all got cluttered: again, I went for 50, this time 34 hit, but 16 totally out of picture. Afterwards, I quite lost track of time.I know I spent some time watching 'The Real Hustle' on youtube. Did'nt get myself to go for any book this time.

I plan to read into economy, chemistry, biology, and computer science this summer, accompanied by Terry Prachett's Discworld, if I am hit by the mood. Rarely do I read fiction, and I not once ended up thinking it was a waste of time, so there's some rectulance on my part.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->

I have no needs. I don't need love for I am not worthy. I don't need sex for I am not worthy. My standards are rather low. Any attempt lets me down. Besides, I am rather spiritual. I don't require anything to satisfy myself. Neither am I a person whom enjoys the things regular people enjoy. Give me a pen and paper, and I can enjoy myself for the rest of my life basically. I also don't need oxygen or anything. I could die right now. What is keeping me alive is my brain. Not my consciousness/ego.

How would YOU justify that you do have needs?

I wish I were not a conscious because who the f*ck wants to be conscious?! :D

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
1. I usually work 9-5. That involves a combination of tech support and putting people on hold while I ask my supervisor.
2. Infp. Please pronounce this as a word rather than spell it out. It's like something you'd call a little creature.
3. I'd like to study the social sciences extensively and get paid for it. I'd also like to study the study of social sciences. Is there a name for such thing?

Meer

Jermbl
Local time
-->
1: Okay, for the past month...
~240 hours working, about 1/3 of the total time.
180 hours sleeping, assuming 6 hours per night, around 1/4 of the month.
Many, many more hours lying in bed, doing nothing.
Most of the rest of the time is spent on idle internet stuff, or other mundane things.
3: I would like to write music for 8 hours, paint for 8 hours, eat croissants and drink champagne/wank for 2 hours and then sleep for 6 hours every day.

Elegia

Redshirt
Local time
-->
1: Programming iOS applications as a 9-5 job. Often programming some more at home, on personal projects or for educational purposes. Reading during my commute. Browsing the web. Watching a movie or series.
2: INTP seems to click with me, but I think I have some INTJ tendencies.
3: I wish I could gain some confidence, get out in the world and get to know some more interesting people and find myself a girlfriend. Also, I'd like to learn cooking, (basic) knitting, perhaps an instrument one day, but for some reason I find myself putting it all off, probably because I'd have to leave my comfort zone. Other than that, I definitely want to keep on programming.

Cherry Cola

Banned
Local time
-->
I just went on a holiday, but prior to that I spent most of my time either working or smoking pot. Now I am doing neither, not sure what I spend most of time on atm, probs the computer.

Minicool

The Lazy Thinker
Local time
-->
I do the GES protocol.

(Gaming.Eating.Sleeping)

pjoa09

dopaminergic
Local time
Today 5:39 PM
-->
1. I wind up stuck in the shower every morning after waking up for an hour. Then I sit around browsing the internet. Then I do some math problems. Then more internet. Try to muster up some will to resume programming.

2. IXTP, although right now I am being a bit INTP-ish haven't done any physical for a while.

3. Finishing up those online free courses and getting my car registered, prepared, and fixed for university.

Local time
-->
Look at the previous week - or typical week or month if the most recent was atypical. What were you doing most of the time?
I spent most of this past week researching business, management and leadership strategies, Buddhist practices, and working on ENTP.org. I don't know what's typical for me because I seem to be doing a new set of multiple projects on a regular basis. I also like to go and experience new things and my last trip was to San Francisco to hang out and explore the city.

What do you think your type is?
ENTP

What would you like to be doing most of the time, if different from what you did? Why?
I love perpetual learning, so I would just like to replace my day job with something that also involves continuous learning and benefiting the well-being of other people. Why help other people? Because it makes me happy and I'm selfish like that.

Also, I'd like to improve my context. I used to live in Santa Barbara and we had beaches, hiking trails, cultural events, parties, and fantastic speakers coming to town. I'd like to be once again in an environment that caters to the needs of my extraverted intuition. I do the best I can with what I have but I'm going to move to another culture center again, probably next year.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Usually spend about 30+ hours at school per week. Classes take up about 13 hours 15 minuets. I try to put in at least 7 hour days. Today I was at school from about 9:20 AM- 10:50 PM.

I spend about 12 hours a week smoking/thinking by myself.

I usually get about 8-10 hours of sleep a night.

I spend about 10 hours a week playing Disc Golf/video Games. Usually one or the other.

About 4 hours a week watching TV.

5 hours a week reserved for social time (Game Night, usually board games).

And the rest of the time on boring/irrelevant stuff.

I wish I spent more time on doing competitive things.

Spirit

ISTP Preference
Local time
-->

*Work, reading (books/forums/blogs), girlfriend and taking care of my kids

*INTP

*I really enjoy the work that I do and have a great schedule to explore my interests. I would probably cook more if I wanted to do something else. I like those food shows on food network. The show, Good Eats, is one of my favorites programs to watch at night. I am teaching my son how to bake comparing environmental conditions. I am comparing the conditions in an oven to "global warming". I also like the cooking competitions and I try to imagine what I would cook with those ingredients.

TimeAsylums

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I love perpetual learning, so I would just like to replace my day job with something that also involves continuous learning

I want to be a student with multiple ph.ds indefinitely. <3

Top Bottom