• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What do think is your greatest flaw?

flurputzer

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:47 AM
-->
being a lazy fuck

at first I wanted to be funny and write: not being able to recognize my flaws

but now I've come to the conclusion that I'm not lazy because I'm typing this.

this either means I'm perfect or I'm not able to recognize my flaws.

seriously though: nobody takes my seriously because I'm always sarcastic and can't handle serious stuff (get it? "seriously though"....... I'm so not funnyl)

cyanical

Grayshirt
Local time
Yesterday 9:47 PM
-->
Right now I feel like it's my social anxiety in general. It makes it difficult to connect with people I want to have relationships with, romantic or not. I can get in a overly self-conscious loop of thoughts sometimes.

Oddity

INTP
Local time
-->
Right now I feel like it's my social anxiety in general. It makes it difficult to connect with people I want to have relationships with, romantic or not. I can get in a overly self-conscious loop of thoughts sometimes.
The fact that there even are people you want to have relationships with (especially romantic) puts you miles ahead of me. I can't even meet or hold a conversation with anyone anywhere.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:47 AM
-->
I found this exact question once on a pre-interview interview questionnare from a human services department at a company I'd been interested in. For some reason it annoyed me, so I told them my greatest flaw is my inability to hold my tongue at fatuous questions.
Never heard back from them.
Guess one of them looked up "fatuous.'

If you do get that question and really want the job, come up with something incredibly stupid like "I work too hard.' You'll fly right in.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 10:47 PM
-->
I found this exact question once ...

Yeah it was a typical interview question back in the 90's. Don't know if they still ask it. It was the one way I could be stuck without an answer, I should have pre made up some stupid one. I agree its a dumb question.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
And oh shit, Reality is Optional, I didn't mean it was a fatuous question in here - look at all the serious responses - I just meant that in the context of applying for job it was stupid and annoying because of the insincere, duplicitous and self-serving answers it would generate. In here it's getting real answers.

Just this once I'm going to assume I accidentally might have offended even an INTP. :)

StevenM

beep
Local time
-->
I found this exact question once on a pre-interview interview questionnare from a human services department at a company I'd been interested in. For some reason it annoyed me, so I told them my greatest flaw is my inability to hold my tongue at fatuous questions.
Never heard back from them.
Guess one of them looked up "fatuous.'

If you do get that question and really want the job, come up with something incredibly stupid like "I work too hard.' You'll fly right in.

I've recently learned that the best answer is to actually pick one of your weaknesses, and explain the steps you are making to improve it.

Way better than the mindless cliche answer of "I work too hard"....

They aren't really wondering what you're flaws are, but more about how you handle the question. Showing that you can point out areas of improvement and take the steps to improve, really wows them.

grayskies

INTJ
Local time
-->
Arrogance but not because I think I am a special cherry, no offense cc, but because I believe others lack reason and fail to hit the mark.

I don't know though...I believe the same thing but I (personally) wouldn't call it arrogance. People just don't think 3/4 of the time, if at all.

grayskies

INTJ
Local time
-->
  1. Lack of skill in verbal communication.
  2. Lack of emotional insight, availability, and expression.
  3. Lack of attention to the mundane or uninteresting.

Bonus: General apathy towards anything but my inner world.

I 2nd all of the above as my flaws.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
"Showing that you can point out areas of improvement and take the steps to improve, really wows them."

1. Never trust human resources staff. Trust me, some of them worked FOR me.
2. I prefer, outside this forum anyway, to nurture the illusion of near perfection. It may only be window dressing on a storefront on the set of a cheap B movie, but it has value and will, with the correct posture and carefully timed silences, carry you very far even if in your own opinion your are only marginally competent. For a surprising number of people, their perception of you is the reality they accept. Make your life easier: Give them something they can respect, not a head start on all the dings they're going to include as "needs improvement" on your first performance review.

So, now is where I should list 'overconfidence' as a flaw? :D

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Today 3:47 PM
-->
Whether I'm being entirely serious or making a joke my mode of expression is almost the same. Causes lots of problems because other people are inherently stupid and incapable of picking up the subtle cues to my humour.

Local time
-->
Whether I'm being entirely serious or making a joke my mode of expression is almost the same.

This has caused many problems for me before as well.

But at the top of my list of flaws would definitely be a complete lack of ambition and motivation. Followed up by avoidance and self-defeatism. All of which are probably bundled up nice and tightly together.

Reality is Optional

Social Rebel
Local time
-->
And oh shit, Reality is Optional, I didn't mean it was a fatuous question in here - look at all the serious responses - I just meant that in the context of applying for job it was stupid and annoying because of the insincere, duplicitous and self-serving answers it would generate. In here it's getting real answers.

Just this once I'm going to assume I accidentally might have offended even an INTP. :)

Hey, no offense taken. I said to interpret it however you want. Unless you were talking about the others; if so, then just refer to my signature:

Top Bottom