• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

What are some life lessons you've accumulated over the years?

bvanevery

Redshirt who doesn't die
Local time
Today 11:35 AM
-->
All people are born empty, and have to learn the world anew for themselves. Polished understanding requires personal effort.

AndyC

Hm?
Local time
Tomorrow 2:35 AM
-->
Microwaves can slow down time.

Valentas

Local time
Today 3:35 PM
-->
The so called FriendZone often talked about does not exist. She's into you, or she's not. I've yet in my life to see that change for anyone. It is a concept designed solely to soften the ego of someone who can't quite accept the possibility that someone is simply not into them. Don't let that stop you thinking it's OK to be friends - just know that's not gonna change and it's not some weird classification of placement or somethings. Don't stress about things you can't change.

And in addition, if you are not thick, she will let you know if she likes you. Not verbally, but enough hints for you to act. Females choose the males, not the other way around, unless you're among top few percent of males.

Turnevies

Local time
Today 4:35 PM
-->
And in addition, if you are not thick, she will let you know if she likes you. Not verbally, but enough hints for you to act. Females choose the males, not the other way around, unless you're among top few percent of males.

Some truth in that, but in the end it comes from two sides. Both persons have to answer the other one's hints with new hints and slightly get at resonance. You cannot easily persuade any girl regardless of what she wants, but I don't find too much fatalism productive either. Of course though, if a man is attracted to like 70% of the females he encounters and a woman only 5% of the males or so this automatically makes the female the one who is choosing.

Rixus said:
The so called FriendZone often talked about does not exist. She's into you, or she's not. I've yet in my life to see that change for anyone. It is a concept designed solely to soften the ego of someone who can't quite accept the possibility that someone is simply not into them. Don't let that stop you thinking it's OK to be friends - just know that's not gonna change and it's not some weird classification of placement or somethings. Don't stress about things you can't change.

Again, I agree in some sense, but not entirely. A women usually isn't attracted to a man who is too meek, even though she can see him as a friend. She (please forgive my stereotyping) wants a man to behave manly, as biologically men provided food and protection in the past. For a women to be attracted to you, you must find yourself at the right equilibrium between being considered too cute or too treatening by her, an equilibrium which differs from woman to woman (and from mood to mood within a woman). So if you consistently end up in the 'friendzone' this typically means you're to much on the cute end of the spectrum and you should learn to behave more sexually assertive.

My lesson for now: focus on improving, but never be so preoccupied with it that you forget to be immensely grateful for what already is.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Lack of optionality leads to delusion and bad decisions. This is true for everything – work, relationships, etc.

Also: underestimating your own capabilities will make you just as miserable as when you overestimate them.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 10:35 AM
-->
Life lesson I have learned:

Budgeting your time for appointments by keeping tabs on the time and making sure you know how much time you have and leaving at the right time so you are not late removes a lot of unneeded stress.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
everyone has taught me that i shouldn't expect anything from anyone
but i think that's just an easy way of getting weight off their shoulders
ITS A FUCKING TREND
it is like nihilism, so kill yourself anyway, u don't need to live
ITS A FUCKING FASHION
i think you motherfucker need to care about other people specially those who cared back for you
to let down others and be nihilistic about human relationships makes me wanna puke on you and nuke the shit out of your town
loyalty and respect is something really special that you will only find in a few people in the course of your life

Turnevies

Local time
Today 4:35 PM
-->
Insecurity is paramount and the major fuel for assholism.

There is nothing inherently immoral about hedonism and pleasure.

Life is awesome.
Don't avoid celebrating it just because nihilism and cynicism are part of your little identity.

Oprale

Local time
-->
Don't try to fix people.
No matter how much of a dark place they are in and how much you think you could do ; they have to figure it out by themselves or they will never get out of it and always rely on you instead. Listen, but don't try to fix.

Procinogen

Devil's Advocate
Local time
-->
A life lesson I've learned it that trying to come up with a life lesson I've learned to post in this thread is hard.

Local time
-->
Don't try to fix people.
No matter how much of a dark place they are in and how much you think you could do ; they have to figure it out by themselves or they will never get out of it and always rely on you instead. Listen, but don't try to fix.

True, very true. Also, you guys are funny.

ELDER

Everett, Lord of Darkness and Evil Rituals
Local time
Today 8:35 AM
-->
Do not underestimate an apple's abilities in a fist fight.

Lurker

Local time
-->
Our attempts to quantify nebulous, abstract concepts has been a disaster. The focus on STEM is another disaster.

Mxx

Local time
-->
When you're drowning, just surrender. If you're meant to live, you'll be saved. If not, it was your time to go.

Top Bottom