• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Weird vs INTP

Lane

Redshirt
Local time
Today 8:24 AM
-->
Hey,
I was wondering if some of the weird things I do are an INTP thing or if it's just something weird. (For the you lazy ones, just comment 0 meaning: not an INTP thing, and 1 meaning: an INTP thing).

I know I'm more mature than some people my age, but only in topics like economics, politics, science. I'm immature (naïve) in the ideas of sex, and relationships.

I'm easily tempted to do the opposite of what is conventional, or what I am suppose to do. (Drugs, graffiti, warez, haxing).

I don't laugh at most jokes that other people tell, but I laugh at all puns and 'stupid' jokes that people don't laugh at.

At the wrong time, I start laughing or thinking about something I find funny.

I get really nervous around people who are very extroverted.

I go emo sometimes and at those times, I seriously dislike myself. Other times, I'm overly confident, and even arrogant.

I don't think I'm INTP. As a kid, I drew a lot (not well), I never drew in the lines, and as a tween (12-13), I was really depressed.

Sometimes, people find me funny and I like it when they laugh at my jokes/puns.

Occasionally, I like to troll and annoy people, but I think this is because I rarely get to do this in real life.

I don't like looking into people's eyes especially if their eyes are light in colour.

I don't like being rushed into decisions.

I avoid social events like the plague but at the same time, I would wish that I had gone to whatever event it was.

I get really melancholic when I think of the past.

I think that I have to find myself.

Ok, that's about it. Feel free to add your own. Thanks.

doncarlzone

Useless knowledge
Local time
Today 8:24 AM
-->
You seem like a "normal" confused teenager to me. If I were you, I would look through the post you wrote and dig much deeper into the traits you outlined.

Why do extroverts make you uncomfortable? Why do you appear over confident? Why do you appear arrogant? Why do you hate yourself? Why do you avoid social events? etc...

And don't accept the first answer that comes to your mind, try and go a bit deeper.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 9:24 AM
-->
i think your examples need to be fleshed out if any significant conclusions are to be made.

for example, how abstract is your contrarianism? are you simply revolting and defying the rules or are you searching for truth? i understand that this question can be difficult as one is inclined to flatter oneself, but it's in your interest that you answer with honesty. do you think of your opposition as a moral duty or is it simply an emotional outlet, an involuntary behavioral pattern detectable in hindsight? are you physical, vocal or silent about your controversial opinions?

all i can say is you certainly display introversion, and some of what you describe seems like Ti-Fe conflict. what leads you to believe you're not an INTP?

Local time
Today 1:24 AM
-->
"I don't like being rushed into decisions." is characteristic of INTPs, but not exclusively INTPs. The rest are other aspects of personality.

Top Bottom