• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Weird eccentric INTP stuff you do

DeadChannel

Redshirt
Local time
Today 9:04 AM
-->
If I have a plate with different types of food on it, I eat the thing I like least first and the thing I like most last, and there are pretty much no exceptions.

Jane37

Redshirt
Local time
Today 2:04 AM
-->
I bite my lower lip whenever I'm thinking...which is pretty much all the time. I think I also make weird over-exaggerated faces when I'm talking to people. Sometimes when I go to Walmart to pick up something I get lost in thought and just wander aimlessly around the store. I also have a bad habit of staring at people; I don't even realize that I'm doing it until they give me an awkward smile or something.

There is probably a lot more weird stuff that I do, but this is enough for now.

miss.sanity

Q=Cp*m*(t1-t2) C8H10N4O2
Local time
Today 10:04 AM
-->
I usually forget to whom I told something, making me repeat things endlessly, usually to my (only) friend.

I love telling people fun facts, (such as the road signs font is the same in all of Sweden, apart from one county) this is not always appreciated.

After I told my dog to balance on a rock, I told him to get down because I wanted to get on top of the rock. It was an awesome rock.

Patch

Illuminaughty
Local time
-->
I bite my lower lip whenever I'm thinking...which is pretty much all the time. I think I also make weird over-exaggerated faces when I'm talking to people. Sometimes when I go to Walmart to pick up something I get lost in thought and just wander aimlessly around the store. I also have a bad habit of staring at people; I don't even realize that I'm doing it until they give me an awkward smile or something.

There is probably a lot more weird stuff that I do, but this is enough for now.

I do something similar, but whenever I am thinking I bite my tongue, I don't notice it at all, only after I am done with thinking and realize that my tongue is sore as hell.
Also, I like to sleep accross the bed, instead of the usual way and I have no clue why.
Sometimes I get this urge to express a particular sound, let's say the GE sound in Eugene Ionesco, so I just say a random sentence involving that word. I cannot explain that urge but I just feel at that point like I have to make that sound come out of my mouth.

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
Today 3:04 AM
-->
I lie down in unusual places
I wear things others would not wear
I have 2 pairs of daily shoes which are extreme: cowboy boots with dresses and/or wedges/slides with a high heel everywhere
I sing/hum in public
I disappear/leave when I should not and let others deal with picking up my slack
I don't wipe more than 2 times and often don't wash my hands afterward unless I am at work
I have a zitt popping fetish but no zitts to pop which leaves me perpetually frustrated
I wack off every day if I am feeling good (guess this is normal)
I wear my clothes to bed for the most part. Bra too
I don't wear underwear unless I am on my period and have to
I don't wear socks (I wear my boots without socks often)
I sit at the same place at my fav pub all the time and marvel every time that MY chair is there sitting empty for me while the house might be full
I bite my lip and sometimes suck the blood for long periods of time, like I am milking it
I like tooth/gum pain and can elicit it by flossing my teeth HARD or sticking things between my teeth
(these don't seem very eccentric though, do they)
I lie in my bed most of the day meditating/resting
I use a crop to punish my dog and children as necessary, and I wish I could carry it everywhere I go because I like the way it makes me look like a Dom badass :)
I always paint my toenails gold
I am loathe to dance at a club for any reason anymore. And sit against the wall like Angela in The Office, which actually makes me more conspicuous than dancing would
I tap rhythmically when in the deepest thought, like for minutes on end, and the tapping increases in speed

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
-->
wow, beating animals and children with a stick. so badass :ahh:

yeah AphroditeGoneAwry wtf is wrong with you??

It must be the long reaching stick of God

Oh dear. It is a harmless black crop with a little bitty splat of leather on the end that barely stings. I have parented five children. I have learned a thing or two about sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

I would always prefer my children and pets mind without needing reprimand, but, alas, that is not usually the case. Children need to be taught to mind. They are not born perfect.

People who have never parented would not understand. And people who have limited parenting experience either. I have a well-rounded parenting repertoire and I have settled on using the rod when necessary.

Patch

Illuminaughty
Local time
-->
Oh dear. It is a harmless black crop with a little bitty splat of leather on the end that barely stings. I have parented five children. I have learned a thing or two about sparing the rod and spoiling the child.

I would always prefer my children and pets mind without needing reprimand, but, alas, that is not usually the case. Children need to be taught to mind. They are not born perfect.

People who have never parented would not understand. And people who have limited parenting experience either. I have a well-rounded parenting repertoire and I have settled on using the rod when necessary.

I would say that if it's so harmless and you barely feel it, then there is no point of even using it.

Though tbh, where I come from it's not really eccentric to beat your kids, but from seeing (and feeling) a lot of cases like that, I can surely say it doesn't help in anyway to reprimand the kids, it just produces a lot of negative feelings.

Local time
-->
^there are beings capable of reason and beings too young or too "dumb" (human toddlers/non-human animals) to be capable of reason; to willfully inflict pain upon the latter for their "sins" is sheer barbarism imo, with a possible exception in a case where their behviour is actually endangering them and all other means to stop it have failed. using violence against the former merely demonstrates your own incapacity for patience and rational discourse and teaches nothing more than that violence against a being more weak and helpless than yourself is an acceptable method of conflict resolution and that fear is an appropriate tool to use in the service of behaviour modification

good luck with your stone-age morality

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
-->
I would say that if it's so harmless and you barely feel it, then there is no point of even using it.

Though tbh, where I come from it's not really eccentric to beat your kids, but from seeing (and feeling) a lot of cases like that, I can surely say it doesn't help in anyway to reprimand the kids, it just produces a lot of negative feelings.

^there are beings capable of reason and beings too young or too "dumb" (human toddlers/non-human animals) to be capable of reason; to willfully inflict pain upon the latter for their "sins" is sheer barbarism imo, with a possible exception in a case where their behviour is actually endangering them and all other means to stop it have failed. using violence against the former merely demonstrates your own incapacity for patience and rational discourse and teaches nothing more than that violence against a being more weak and helpless than yourself is an acceptable method of conflict resolution and that fear is an appropriate tool to use in the service of behaviour modification

good luck with your stone-age morality

How many children have you each had? If any, how many are you actively involved in parenting?

Local time
-->
what i find most disturbing is how you proudly wrote that here like people would appreciate and be impressed by your "badassery"

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
-->
what i find most disturbing is how you proudly wrote that here like people would appreciate and be impressed by your "badassery"

I said the way I perceive I "LOOK". Not necessarily when I wield it.

I am not interested in looking like a 'badass' to my children.

But it's okay if some male who might need punishment finds it appealing.

My kids just know I mean business when I bring it out, and talking back is over.

Local time
-->
zero. congratulations, you win the "debate": you may now continue to beat your sinful offspring under the approving gaze of the lord while admiring how cool and badass you look while doing so

edit: or while being admired by "some males" while doing so XD

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
-->
Yeah, I know. ;)

And it is "some male" ...

No one likes a mouthy child. I put up with it for many a year. And still put up with way too much of it. The house runs so much more smoothly when problems are dealt with quickly, and we can all move on to regular life.

Used to be (when my kids ran my life), acting-out and temper tantrums could ruin an entire afternoon for everyone. And result in yelling and breaking things, all the way around. A little pop is a much better solution, believe me.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
Today 4:04 AM
-->
unless your kids are under the age of 10, that is probably your fault
copy pasted directly from beingtheparent.com: top 10 signs of bad parenting

2. Raising your hands: If you scream or hit your kids, your kids will be afraid of you. You are ultimately increasing the distance; this form of disciplining may backfire. Kids subject to physical punishment may develop psychological problems during adolescence and even turn aggressive. You need to handle kids sensitively, spanking the child for disciplining is just not the way. Read more about this here
3.Not giving your time: Your kids don’t just need food or money from you, they want to speak to you, share their experiences and sometimes need to hear your comforting words. Communication is the only thing that will strengthen your bond, not expensive gifts. The deal should be to be the parents kids want to hug and spend time with, not the ones who are like ATM machines. Kids may inadvertently perform odd behavior to attract parent’s attentions. As Jane Hull perfectly puts it, ‘At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parent.
5. Modelling inappropriate behavior: “Each day of our lives, we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles Swindoll.
The way you speak, treat your partner and elders, behave in public, at home, the words you use are all being soaked up by your kids. If you often take your kids to bar, drink and abuse others then your kids will feel that this is how they are supposed to behave too

spanking kids causes lower iq, i think we can agree any abuse would have the same affect: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090924231749.htm

i would bet that its not spanking but the parents iq leads to spanking

AphroditeGoneAwry

Baby in the corner
Local time
-->
They are under the age of 10.

But, sometimes if parents have inadvertently raised a spoiled child (which can happen to anyone, believe me), an older child can definitely deserve a whipping. Ideally, if parents parent properly from infancy on, that will not be necessary however.

Also, with 50% of families divorced, parenting is doubly hard for these families. So don't be too quick to judge. You might find yourself there someday.

I am very intelligent.

Abuse is a very different thing than discipline, for sure. If people are struggling to survive, then parenting will be more challenging as well.

peoplesuck

is escaping
Local time
-->
I am very intelligent.

Abuse is a very different thing than discipline, for sure. If people are struggling to survive, then parenting will be more challenging as well.

no point in saying you're smart since thats going to be decided by the listener.

əˈbyo͞os/
the improper use of something.
"alcohol abuse"
synonyms: misuse, misapplication, misemployment; More
cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal.
"a black eye and other signs of physical abuse"
synonyms: mistreatment, maltreatment, ill-treatment;

vi·o·lent
ˈvī(ə)lənt/Submit
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something
.apparently they arent different things to you

Patch

Illuminaughty
Local time
-->
I'd like to say more to that particular topic but I feel that it deserves its own thread, this is getting kinda derailed. I am no parent, I have 4 much younger siblings whom I took care of ever since they were born, so I know how much trouble kids can be. My father is a proud advocate of "raising-the-voice-and-beating" approach and it is perfectly clear that because of that the children have absolutely no respect for him, they do as they are told, but always reluctantly and never of their own accord. It is better to deal with the child in a way that involves compromise, always trying to work with reason whenever possible and if the child was raised properly from the beginning, it is not necessary to resort to physical measures.

Nofriends

Banned
Local time
-->
1. I have been eating the same scab for roughly 7 months (I love eating scabs)
2. I also eat my dandruff, but at a decreased rate than previously.
3. Sniff my farts
4. Sniff my ballsack sweat
5. wear same underwear multiple days
6. Sniff my dirty underwear
7. Eat my ejaculate 99.9% of the time
8. Usually do not wear socks when I go for a short 20-minute walk
9. Sometimes masturbate 7-8 times in a day if I am stressed
10. Eat my boogers
11. When I was younger I fingered my anal hole when I masturbated (heterosexual)
12. Make random screaming sounds/strange brain orgasm noises when I make new discoveries
13. Have intentional spasms with my arms/legs if I feel I have not worked hard enough.
14. Have a high pitched/girly laugh (male if you have not worked it out)
15. Have an obsession with dark/cloudy/rainy/snowy days, and night time.
16. Love medieval related things
17. Sorta narcissistic
18. Sometimes like to try and forecast future occurrences.
19. I get off at making people angry online, provoking them, etc.
20. I like making people think something really bad is going to happen to them as a consequence, but then end up joking about it.

Nebulous

Local time
Today 5:04 AM
-->
No one likes a mouthy child. I put up with it for many a year. And still put up with way too much of it. The house runs so much more smoothly when problems are dealt with quickly, and we can all move on to regular life.

Used to be (when my kids ran my life), acting-out and temper tantrums could ruin an entire afternoon for everyone. And result in yelling and breaking things, all the way around. A little pop is a much better solution, believe me.

My heart goes out to your children.

I've spent years living in constant fear of my parents. Every single choice I made was (and still is) based on how my parents would react if they possibly found out. That may sound flipping fantastic to you; having your kid so scared that they can't do anything without fearing punishment. But I was absolutely miserable, and it created so many problems.

Your children might be crying in the bathroom every week at school, and you have no clue.
Later on, when your kids are older, they might be hurting themselves, starving themselves, or thinking up suicide plans, and you'd have no idea.
You'd be surprised just how good kids can be at hiding what's going on in their minds.

I nearly killed myself last year and my parents still have no idea.
I was so afraid to say anything about how unhappy I was that I starved myself, hoping that maybe if I got sick enough to go to a hospital, someone would have to help me.

I hate my parents, and your kids will probably hate you when they're older, if they don't already.

Even if you were to stop abusing your children right now and from this point forward magically become the best parent ever, there would already be damage done.
I still remember being spanked as a young child. I don't remember what I did, I only remember the punishment.

You may think that the "problems are being dealt with quickly" and a "little pop is a much better solution", but you are so incredibly wrong.
You're messing up your children for years to come and one day it's going to bite you in the ass.

Wiggitywak

Papaya Worshiper
Local time
-->
When my attention is focused on something, I tend to rock back and forth. I do not even notice it until someone points it out. It isn't to an extreme degree where people are asking if I'm ok, just slightly enough that I can be seen moving if looked closely at.

When in vehicles, I look at the license plates of other passing vehicles on the road in order to see what state they are from (I live in the U.S). If they are from out of state I try to look through their window to see what they look like and what type of items they have inside. I just like the idea of seeing someone that I very likely will never see again, imagining why they are here, and how they like the city.

As a beginner at the job I am currently at, I used to try and do that with credit cards: take down their name and google them later, to know what they do for a living, if they are from around that area, etc (Rather than just striking up a conversation haha). I realize now that, although my intentions were pure, it was probably a bit illegal one way or another.

Local time
-->
Whenever I'm deep in thought, I get up and start pacing. It helps me think better.
The more ideas that I come up with, the faster I pace.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
Fun bit o' knowledge:

I was "spanked" by my father and I hate him.
I was never "spanked" by my mom and I love her.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I've been meeting up with a new group of friends every other night.
They are friends and work colleagues of my best friend.. so..

This one dude Jack thinks I am so rude. He notices every absent minded thing I do, it's so annoying, and whilst everyone else has been getting the 'nice' and 'not a thing wrong' me.. I somehow always end up being really rude in front of bloody Jack.

Last week I was having a conversation with somebody and I was proper engrossed when Jack interrupted and asked me if I wanted some of what he was having, and I was like "yea", immediately turned back round to who I was talking to and carried on.. completely forgot to say please, and I was completely oblivious to the fact he took right offense... My other friend had to tell me how much I offended him. (I wasn't looking at him, I completely forgot he existed)

Well that occasion is annoying because I do use my manners like 98% of the time.

And then like yesterday or something, we were all at the pub and we went outside to smoke a couple of spliffs and by the time I had had mine, I only hung around for a minute or two.. but it was bloody cold.. So walked straight back to the bar. A few minutes later, I was 'told off' for just walking away and being really rude... and 'to' Jack again.

I don't really have en excuse for that one, unlike the one before when I was engrossed and it was just a one off.

I walk away from group interactions quite a lot, and without explanation lol.

I shouldn't have to fuckin explain myself, you want me, you know where to find me.

Tommythegreat

Redshirt
Local time
-->
i like looking at my tongue, for some reason it gives me great satisfation:)

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 GT-N7105 發送

LogicalThinker

thinking logically blocking emotions
Local time
-->
My quirk is probably not getting people's feelings or my own I like to observe long time friends chat and make fun of each other as recently on a hike for boy scouts and I made the joke someone was fat while the other had muscle apparently when they got back they bitched about to other people and honestly I didn't feel a thing, I didn't get that I offended them.

Siegen

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When I was a child, I used to build houses of cards (upright ones, not pyramids). I remember I made one almost 2 meters tall. I could still probably do it, if I wanted to.

000x0

Parad0x
Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
I read every post from this thread.
I wish I could be in the momentum of every post so I could reply to it.

This is all interesting, there is so much stuff here that I also do it, and there is some that I will even be trying out. So thanks! lol

Seriously you all are awesome. F** normal people. I love this.

I have a few:
- Constant looking for visual patterns. Like subconsciously to this point;
- Walk on specific patterns;
- Sleep like a plank;
- Try to move around in the most efficient and silent way possible;
- Always be like a ghost, to pass by rooms and close to people without being noticed, heard;
- Stare at strangers eyes (when they are looking nowhere) and wonder what they are thinking;
- Observe stranger and try to guess his life;
- Turn head to the side when thinking. (this is so fucking annoying me lately);
- Making physical simulations (hydro, weight) in the head and use a small scale IRL to test;
- Randonly act like a animal (mostly feline, canine or dragon) when alone, and therefore also jump around like around, at least try;
- Observe how my animals (dog and cat) observe me and how they react to either my sound or movement;
- When walking in the street I look to absolute every corner I pass to. Idk i'm im paranoid or super alert;
- When in a place I tend to think into at least 2 ways of getting out of there AFAP;
- I'm incapable of saying something when I receive a compliment. I literally stay shut, this makes such a weird vibe, since I also make a poker face;
- I talk to myself (in the head) in english, and apparently my accent in english got so good because of it;
- I use a cripto writing, but constant changing because everytime I share with someone and after sometime don't talk to them anymore, I change the whole thing trying also to improve. I'm on my version 7 already, pretty fuckin complicated at this point, but is also has it's own phonetics tho. I tend also to keep 2 key points, which is being able to roughly sculpt in a rock and being able to use in binary aka 1 or 0, black and white, etc.
- I make akward situations smiling and laughing to my own thoughts while walking alone or in waiting in a line, pretty much any place where I could be observed;
- I have the habit of making everything I possess different from anybody else, mostly with paint, or any kind of personalization.
- Face read strangers;
- Never answer a phone if I don't know who's calling, I make all stranger contact be first by messages;
- Although I live in a modern society, I'm pretty savage when comes to things like fooding falling on the ground, I eat anyways, I will do gross stuff also that is not considered civilized, also things getting dirty i don't mind as long they are perfect positioned lol;
- I often think in ways to make a exoskeleton;
- I have a criminal mind that keeps on constant looking for flaws in all kind of security systems. It's my bigget mind hobby I would say. In the process of debuking a system I might even come up with exclusive guns just for that specific job. Things get interesting when I have time to even check on chemistry the extra possibilities.

That's mostly.

xbox

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:04 PM
-->
People get scared when I walk into a room because they never hear me coming. I am a ninja.

000x0

Parad0x
Local time
Today 6:04 AM
-->
People get scared when I walk into a room because they never hear me coming. I am a ninja.

I lost the count of how many times I scared people like that. I got to the point that is easy, and fun, to play walk behind someone within their footsteps sound. Besides being silent I also like to walk in the dark. I like the dark very much actually. I only use light if is absolute necessary.

Local time
-->
"I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." - Frank Zappa
This. Frankly relate to this thought of this brilliant man.

Ok, ok, I too wear headphones everywhere and ignore people, but 90/100 my headphones have more meaningful things to say. Oook, does washing the persiennes on the shower and then deciding they are not clean enough after all and wiping them one by one at 0 am count? This seems more of a J thing.

Wolf18

a who
Local time
-->
I tend to repeat conversations in my head for hours after I have them, rearranging the letters in the words until the sentence changes. I actually annoy myself with it sometimes, but I can't help it.

I also have an obsession with maps, and can stare at them for hours. I can put all the countries of the world on a map and know all the counties of all the US states I've lived in (also, all the states and all the counties/provinces of Australia [all 5 of them], Canada, Ireland, and England -- haven't finished learning Wales and Scotland but I'll get there).

I use my bedroom as a memory palace so I am very irritable about people moving my things around because if I forget the original state of the room when I created the memory palace, I will lose information (including some important passwords). People tend to not to appreciate this explanation.

Also (and many people have already mentioned this) if someone is speaking to me, I do try to listen, but it does not process and I need to keep asking him/her to repeat the information.

:cthulhu:,
Wolf18

creepygirl.201

Redshirt
Local time
-->
When I was four, I wanted to be a dog and tried my hardest to achieve this goal I didn't speak for months only barking and I refused to eat on the table only in a bowl on the floor. I would also hide/ bury chicken bone and it drove my mother mad, to the point that she ended up buying me a dog's chew toy which was my favorite childhood toy.

Now I have a horrible sense of time some times thinking only 5 minutes have past when really it will be like an hour, and vise versa. I'll also lose days where I won't be able remember those days at all, only some times regaining memory of them.

Also one of my only friends is Seamus the plastic skeleton that my mom got me as a gift.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

stoopid

Banned
Local time
-->
When I am analyzing alone, I act out plays... yes, by myself. Usually one is the smart informed INTP and the second is the actor that is fucking retarded and asks crazy questions regarding the subject matter. The other night, I was analyzing the stupid multi-universe theory...don't even know why, I am uncharmed by theoretical astrology. Nonetheless was watching my food in the microwave... talking like a redneck asking questions like, "Man, how the hell does all this shit even make sense?" and then my enlightened side would answer, "If you were more attentive to the aspects, you might see that our earth is a multi-universe" Redneck- "Hell fuckin no way." INTP- "Let me ask you a question... Buford." continuing after the question was granted. "So in life, you see everything... in your way... essentially making your life... your own universe of its own." Buford- "Well... Fuck yeah, man!" Teacher- " Well if everyone is like you, experiencing their own universe in life, there are billions of humans on earth, not even accounting animals, that are simultaneously running their very own universe!, which is their lives. How are we not already in a multi universe, just on earth?!" Buford- "I gotta go home man.. this shit is gonna get me sent into a nervous hospital." I popped my microwave dinner out of the microwave after the food was just luke warm enough to not have ice in it, and departed to my bedroom to watch a documentary on vaccinations.

Also, when i was a child, I pooped facing the rear of the toilet. I heard this on big bang theory and got really upset that my unique characteristic of childhood was ruined by that retard Sheldon.

Local time
-->
A lot of times I get lost in stores, walking all over the place and have to get myself to stop and think wtf I was here for. while in store I usually have a song stuck in my head and walk to the rhythm of that song and if someone else is walking I try making the beat/rhythm in their footsteps all in my head btw. I really enjoy it for some reason. especially when the person I'm watching does what a lyric is in the song. like, the song will say something like "we both choke" and that person will cough or something then I'm stuck again in thought like "wtf, are they behind this? did I somehow speak to them? are they fucking with me? is this all one big joke?" then I usually just come to the conclusion that I do it all the time and when it happens it just coincidence or I just subconsciously could tell that they were about the cough so I fast-forwarded the song in my head so it would be timed right. lol

Local time
-->
usually when I walk I try to find the most efficient path to said destination, so I often cut corners too sharp and run into people and do the little "oops" then we both go the same direction a couple of times and I just laugh and stop and think okay, games over, lost time. because, usually I still want to get to the best spot and as I'm running into someone I look ahead for next best spot and I probably seem like a huge dick but its an overwhelming thing that I cant stop. wish I could say sorry but oh well

Demonic Flamigo

I bet you read that wrong...Flamigo Amigo!!!
Local time
-->
I can get hypersensitive whenever I sit down at the piano.
All electronics MUST be turned off. At the wall.
Everyone out of the house or sleeping.
All doors closed.
Absolutely NO NOISE.

But after I start playing for a bit, everyone starts to make noise again and I don't mind that much then...IDK lol wut.

Demonic Flamigo

Local time
-->
- Saying randoms stuff aloud to myself to see how it sounds (idk if that's just me or intp)
- counting the exact hours I'll have left to sleep as motivation to sleep.
so.. (INTERNAL MONOLOGUE AT ONE IN THE EFFIN MORNING) "if I sleep now, I'll have 4 and a half hours of sleep before I have to wake up and tomorrow will be very tiring because you have swimming in the morning but you can just skip it .no. that's not good I already skipped twice oh look so I f I sleep the reccommended hours which is like ten or something than I have to go to bed at 6 in the evening which is stupid might as well go on tumblr then..."
- messing with my friends
- messing with my girlfriend
- going up to my girlfriend and hugging her and whispering, "mmmm, bet you didn't feel me lick your ear"
- using genderfluid pronouns in narratives
- tapping BOTH sides of the doorways I go through. (If I can't i.e. crowd, I'll come back later)
- Ok, IDK if this is INTP either, but I divide my personality up into multiple slits and draw cards or roll a dice to determine how i'll act that day i.e. nice, sarcastic, responsible, due tomorrow do tomorrow, musical, idiotic, annoying, creepy. (This is a really fun game to play, I recommend you try it!)
- that's all I can think of for now!

Demonic Flamigo

Local time
-->
I have a really hard time following movies because I can't remember names and faces. I often forget people's names if I'm asked or if I find myself suddenly needing to refer to them (not close friends, but sometimes people I've been acquainted with for a couple years).

OH my gosh! same!
I can rarely remember the names or relevance of heaps of people and end up having to refer back to the characters table on Wikipedia to get it!
And also, IRL, I often forget the friends of my friends and so often refer to them as things that I relate them to
e.g. "that one that gave me a lollipop" or "that one with the phone password 2303" or "that one that was reading Ian Irvine"

Demonic Flamigo

Local time
-->
OH! yes! I totally forgot,
I actually do this quite often actually, it's really quite stimulating,
So, what you do is, you stretch your arms out straight in front of you, palms facing outwards like you are pushing against something, elbows locked, and look at them. just...just do it. yeah.
And then once you've aptly appreciated the lovely curvature of your hands, spin.
Slowly, quickly, standing, in a spinning chair, to some music, however you want, just keep your eyes trained on your hands and keep spinning.

The resulting sensation will be one of the most exhilarating feelings you will ever experience.
No. Seriously.
Try it now.
It will make your day so much better.

In fact, this exercise (apart from being the closest thing to actual exercise I can get), is sort of on the same level of stimulation/excitement as lying on the ground and pretending you are walking on the ceiling, or looking at the world between your legs because you can, or closing things (laptop, fridge, etc.)to determine exactly when the lights turn off, or lying on the bed with your head dangling of fit.

just.yeah.
ok i'll shut up now.

bye

JR_IsP

Overthinker in Chief
Local time
-->
All right... being a loner while everyone I know has a social life.
Talking about some crazy random hypotetical shit with my only true friend (he's an ENTP, btw).
Look at my desktop and think "a hurricane came over here" and think about cleaning it..... and not doing it at the end.
Watching NatGeo and Discovery for learning some random stuff
Thinking in some crazy random things.
Not caring about my physical appearence
Reading a wikipedia article and open almost every link in new tabs
Same with youtube
Playing guitar and piano.... metal, of course XD
Always overthink things that happen to me during the day
Specially with social interactions
Having long conversations with myself in my mind
When I need to talk to someone I always think what would the chat be in my mind first, when I don't know enough the person I might actually get ansious just in there XD

And... probably some crazy random things I can't remember right now.

WhyNotIGuess

SEND hungry. I'm HELP
Local time
-->
Ooooh boy. *cracks knuckles*

I have the darkest sense of humor, everytime someone gets hurt, or I hear anything even remotely racist, or hear okes about tragedies or recently dead people, or if I hear the word cancer (gotta thank the interwebz for this)... I just burst out laughing.

Every time I move around, since I REAAAAAALLY don't like body contact, I tend to dodge people in the weirdest ways, I should've been a contorsionist. Though ever since they got used to it they avoid getting too close themselves, so I'm getting a bit rusty at my dodging game.

I also move erratically all the time, I literally don't think about how I'm moving and only realise after 10 minutes that maybe I didn't need to flail my arms that much while walking, or that randomly jumping in place might be considered not "professional" on a workplace, much like sitting on the floor hidden behind the sink, daydreaming. Luckily, I'm pretty good at the things I do so they let my eccentric self be itself at work.

As for outside of it, I don't go outside, so it just doesn't happen. In those very few cases that it does, I'm with people who are quite possibly "weirder" than me, so yeah, YOLO

Fuxor300

Redshirt
Local time
Today 10:04 AM
-->
Speaking of "when I was younger"...
I remembered as a child, I would sometimes get in trouble for doing something to one of my younger brothers... and my mother would say, "Tell your brother sorry!" and I never would, I would only say, "hush". Which is some Jamaican slang I picked up in my household that crossed between "shut up" and "don't worry, everything's gonna be fine" lol

I eventually stopped telling anyone i was sorry, instead using "hush" as my scapegoat...

As an adult, it has been unfortunately replaced with "My Bad" :cool:

I'm the opposite
When I was younger I often did things that hurt people in one way or another, but almost never noticed. Because of that I started saying sorry for the most minor things, just to be sure. Used to drive my mother crazy sometimes and it kind of made me look weak to some people I guess

Cogitant

Fiducial Observer
Local time
-->
When your neighbour sees you in town and comments that she didn't speak to you in a year you know you might have a problem socializing.
Then I have an awkward habit of not knowing what to say, so I end up talking about weird stuff instead of about the weather. Think my last conversation accidentally concerned hybridizing moth species.
I look different as well. For some reason I've worn black since I could first choose my own clothes. I'm also drawn to 'Gothic' styled everything.
Always been a deep thinker. Even as a small child I remember going for long walks on my own to cerebrate.
Often I'd ask unusual questions. Never was understood.

Never fitted in, no desire to either.

I used to play mmo games 24/7, but felt better about myself since I began creative writing.
It helps.

Rixus

I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
Local time
-->
I've lived in the same house for about 8 years - and I still don't even know the name of my next door neighbour.

I used to do things like that. I remember I once compared someone to a black hole in an attempt to be comforting. There's an entire galaxy that collapsed into a black hole about 9 billion light years from Earth. It's the most massive black hole known to exist. It's so huge that it consumes the mass of 4,000 suns every year. But from another perspective, it's accretion disc has so much energy that it glows with the magnitude of 300 trillion suns - so the darkest and most destructive thing in the universe is also one of brightest and most beautiful. Or when I used the theory of quantum multiple universes, asking which one a person would want to be in to answer a question of whether they should start seeing someone.

I learned people just don't follow this sorts of logic. So I just sort of gave up and learned to act human in public.

Top Bottom