• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal

Rolling Cattle

no backbone
Local time
Today 2:27 AM
-->
Try: https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/watson-glaser-critical-thinking.htm#section-free

Post results. Talk about it.

I was surprised how bad I did. In the arguments test, I only got 15/25 questions correct on my first attempt. I partly blame that on not fully acknowledging what was being asked until halfway through the test. If you haven't taken a test like this before, read the instructions carefully.

CatGoddess

Local time
Today 1:27 AM
-->
I took the Deductions one and got 18/21 correct with an average response time of 11 seconds. 86th percentile accuracy, 100th percentile speed. Yeah. I'm that kid who always turns in the test early and sits on their ass.

Relevant story: back in elementary school, we had 1.5 hours to take our standardized tests, but I would finish them in 10 minutes and miss like 1 or 2 questions. The teacher would get mad because I could've gotten them all right if I'd taken more time but ehhh.

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
Your score was 58 out of a possible 86

Average time taken per question: 15 seconds

Percentile score is different to percentage score. Your percentile score gives where your result sits within a group.

Speed: 100%

Accuracy: 67%

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 6:27 AM
-->
Your score was 63 out of a possible 86
Average time taken per question: 15 seconds

Speed: 100%
Accuracy: 73%

in the first section I didn't know wtf I was supposed to do though, I just answered based on opinion

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
-->
in the first section I didn't know wtf I was supposed to do though, I just answered based on opinion

Lol yeah. Some of it I didn’t understand at all, and was too lazy to reread it until I “got” it. So I just guessed / went with my gut for the most of it.

Rolling Cattle

no backbone
Local time
-->
I'm guessing we would get higher scores after studying critical thinking material.

I shared the test because the questions tickled me. I knew I was supposed to suppress my gut instinct and focus solely on whether the argument was strong (or assumption made etc), and assume the statements were true. I was excited by how tricky it was with the examples given.

Tomten

Local time
Today 7:27 AM
-->
I got 19/21 correct on the deduction test with an average response time of 11 seconds.

Btw, when you get 100% on speed, it just means that you answered 100% of the questions lol.

Top Bottom