• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

user avatars.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
Yesterday 11:49 PM
-->
I assume that people on here carry themselves like the people in their avatars.
why

i do find myself thinking about what kinds of facial expressions you guys make

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->

smithcommajohn

Do not consume with alcohol
Local time
-->
I'm a big Castle in the Sky!

Who or what we pick for an avatar does have a defining effect on who we are. Like most things, we can tell a lot about someone from their preferences on something that has limitless possibilities.

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:49 PM
-->
The expression of my avatar really is how I think of myself--deeply contemplative. In the case of the character Nny of my avatar, he is probably contemplating the reasons why his current torture victim is not nearly delirious enough to satisfy his lust for infliction.

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
-->
He wasn't originally wearing a mask, though. I drew the mask on him years ago after two other atheists in a very large Christian forum put black masks on their own avatars, so I put a mask on my own avatar, and I drew a bunch of masks for the avatars of a bunch of other atheists, who uploaded them, and other atheists drew their own masks. This was done without open explanation, and it freaked out the Christian moderators, who feared a diabolical atheist plot within their own forum. The whole experience was hilarious, and the mask reminds me of that.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
lol what do you mean? go into detail

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
Today 4:49 AM
-->
do you look like a yellow fluffy ball of cute anxiety?

or like Starfishtea? (lol namedrop)

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
it's katie from the kids movie horton hear's a who.

namedrop who/what?

Jah

Mu.
Local time
Today 5:49 AM
-->
fck. I've got nothing.

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
-->
lol what do you mean? go into detail
It was maybe 6 years ago, so it is hazy, but there were some interesting things I remember from the project. There was one avatar that was an animated gif of an anime girl whose character was bouncing up and down from side to side in celebration. I actually used Adobe Imageready to have the black mask follow the anime girl's head as it bounces up and down. Most avatars are characters with a face that you can put a mask on, but some are not. One of them was just a chaotic artistic mess of lines on a white background. So, I opened Adobe Photoshop, selected those lines and designated them as a layer, and I inserted as a new layer a mask that looked like something out of Phantom of the Opera, and I put the mask behind the lines, so it looked like a mask was hiding and looking at you from behind those lines. And they were only lines before. Before, it was just a bunch of atheists with silly avatars. Then, it was a bunch of atheists having the same avatars but with black masks, sometimes showing skillful editing. If you had no idea what was going on, it was both absurd and creepy. To those in the know, it was a big laugh. :smoker:

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
lol
sounds creative!

Particle

Bazooka Tooth Dental
Local time
-->
I'm a dentist who isn't well versed in which tools are appropriate for his trade and also happens to work in a basement.

Jules

Local time
-->
I don't get it.

Cheeseumpuffs

Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
Local time
Yesterday 8:49 PM
-->
..................................................................so that makes me?............

But seriously, I made this when I was kind of bored and thought it was funny.....

Ozymandias

Person
Local time
-->
I don't get it.

I didn't get why you didn't get it, but then I got it.

Mine's just a quote I like from a philosopher I like.

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
-->
I'm a boss?

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
You know, the funny thing is, I'm not even of drinking age.

That's probably not a good sign, lol :D

I like your avatar Smooch, it lightens up the place (:

I don't think I take great care choosing avatars, every now and then I just see an image that strikes me and use it as a new avatar. I didn't think about it when I chose that one <-- but I think it is more how I would like to see my self than how I actually am. I guess one thing it catches about me is that I day-dream a lot; I have to go on at least an hours walk a day to get some time to lose myself. :storks:

Roran

The Original Nerdy Gangsta
Local time
-->
I am NOTHING like my avatar, Sora.

I picked it because I happen to like Kingdom Hearts 2.

EDIT: Well, I do kinda stare out into the distance like that when I'm thinking or don't want to be bothered (most of the time)

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I assume that people on here carry themselves like the people in their avatars.
why

i do find myself thinking about what kinds of facial expressions you guys make

I don't really think my avatar has anything to do with my facial expressions. Maybe I'm taking it too literally, but I doubt that people smile a certain way because they have either a comic strip or yellow thing like you as their avatars.

I do think that it shows something about the personality. You obiously chose that yellow thing you have for a reason, just like I chose my comic strip for a reason. The reason being that I think it's brilliant. I can't say what your reason is.

But if you're actually curious about peoples facial expressions you should check peoples pages, just lurk around and you'll eventually find someone who has their picture(s) posted there. I also think there's a thread where people can post pictures of themselves =)

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I do kinda hold myself like that. It makes me look dark and brooding rather than just socially incompetent.

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
-->
Mine is odin and his two crows 'thought' and 'memory.' Each day they fly out into the world and come back to recount everything they have seen.

I guess I am pretty serious when it comes to things like thinking.

Smooch

INFP in denial
Local time
-->
I don't really think my avatar has anything to do with my facial expressions. Maybe I'm taking it too literally, but I doubt that people smile a certain way because they have either a comic strip or yellow thing like you as their avatars.

I do think that it shows something about the personality. You obiously chose that yellow thing you have for a reason, just like I chose my comic strip for a reason. The reason being that I think it's brilliant. I can't say what your reason is.

But if you're actually curious about peoples facial expressions you should check peoples pages, just lurk around and you'll eventually find someone who has their picture(s) posted there. I also think there's a thread where people can post pictures of themselves =)

haha, I wasn't trying to say that I thought the avatar's reflected a person's facial expression...that was just an add on.

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Mine is odin and his two crows 'thought' and 'memory.' Each day they fly out into the world and come back to recount everything they have seen.

I guess I am pretty serious when it comes to things like thinking.

As far as I knew they are called Huginn and Muninn

But as far as I also know those two names are Old Norse for Memory and Mind.

EDIT: So I guess my correction is redundant, is what I was trying to say, hehe.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
So... What impressions do my avatars give? I'm interested to know.

Smooch's avatar makes me happy whenever I see it. Warryer's avatar makes me feel like someone with a lot of wisdom is telling something.

Local time
-->
Does a poster without an avatar leave an impression?

...I tend to imagine Lobstrich's face as the signature pic's expression.

Local time
-->
Damn.

Jordan~ always seems to be fairly profound. I'm unsure whether the avatar plays a part, though.

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That's a photograph. I'm a private eye from the '30s.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts.

Mine is not facial, but related to the way I think about most things.

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
-->
For some reason your avatar's little-pixelyness makes me feel like you have used a very big image and made it small in a program like paint. is this true? If so, I could make it more smooth-looking, if you want.

I have no idea why I just said this, but every time I see your avatar I wonder this.

opheliaesque

Local time
-->
hmmm... I always go for avatars with aesthetic appeal. Doesn't really say much about who I am though.

eta; I'm not sure mine came out grainy... 8U

darude11

Good vs Evil
Local time
-->
Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> World 3
My avatar makes literaly no sense... Well, maybe fight of good vs. evil.

But then there is the newer one (IKD if I will wear it even here), that is like this: The guy, which throws paper to trash bin (usualy), is standing next to bin and reading paper. I have that avatar on PerC, Facebook, but not here...

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
My avatar is simply Robert Mitchum, a popular star of movies quite a while back. In addtion to having what I think we could interpret as the INTP "Yeah, and so what?" expression on his face, he was in real life a reasonably tough guy. He became my avatar to remind me to man up and not focus on knee pain. Now that the knee pain is getting to be not such an all-consuming presence, I may go for a new avatar. Perhaps a ballerina. :D I've noticed that gender is a secondary consideration in some avatar choices, which makes sense to me.

The Frood

knows where his towel is
Local time
-->
My avatar... could have been cropped better, but I am too lazy to fix it.
Idk, it's from a panel of a Get Fuzzy comic, and I like the randomness of the picture I'm not quite sure if it typifies me though...:storks:

Local time
-->
Whether your avatar typifiies you is of little importance, for I now think of you as a strange cat in an o-nuts box.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
For some reason your avatar's little-pixelyness makes me feel like you have used a very big image and made it small in a program like paint. is this true? If so, I could make it more smooth-looking, if you want.

I have no idea why I just said this, but every time I see your avatar I wonder this.

Great deduction. And I will kindly decline your offer. Although, I didn't intend it to look the way it is currently looking, I appreciate the sort of scattered-effect.

Causeless

Local time
-->
He wasn't originally wearing a mask, though. I drew the mask on him years ago after two other atheists in a very large Christian forum put black masks on their own avatars, so I put a mask on my own avatar, and I drew a bunch of masks for the avatars of a bunch of other atheists, who uploaded them, and other atheists drew their own masks. This was done without open explanation, and it freaked out the Christian moderators, who feared a diabolical atheist plot within their own forum. The whole experience was hilarious, and the mask reminds me of that.

Being a part of something like that would probably cause a feeling in me approximate to sexual satisfaction.

(In simpler terms, that makes my nipples hard.)

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
I'm frequently staring at some harmless thing (like a shadow), struck by how it looks like or represents x, y, or z.

One time, on one of my railroad strolls, I stopped by a field with grazing cattle in it. One particular cow came over and stared straight at me, and 30 minutes later she was the apathy of the working class and I was crouched down, explaining (out loud) the nature of her life.

Don't take walks with me. I'm strange.

Top Bottom