• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Typing famous people

Dimensional Transition

Bill Cosbor, conqueror of universes
Local time
Today 11:27 AM
-->
I don't think there's a thread about this yet, right? There's a thread about famous INTPs, that's all I know.

Let's start with a predictable one:
Bob Dylan?

Personally, I don't really have a strong idea about what type he might be. I think an INTJ perhaps, or INFJ... I'm pretty sure about N, that's all. And he seems quite introverted but I'm not quite sure. And the J thing... he seems to form opinions about people really quickly, but he's also pretty analyzing, so yeah, lots of contradictions in this guy's personality, it seems.

jameslikespie

Local time
Today 10:27 AM
-->
An even more obvious one would be Albert Einstein - obviously an INTP.

GYX_Kid

randomly floating abyss built of bricks
Local time
-->
random lead singers/frontmen:

Kurt Cobain, David Bowie INFP
Corey Taylor, Chester Bennington, Bruce Springsteen ENFP
Jonathan Davis, Freddie Mercury ESFP
Trent Reznor INTP
Michael Stipe INxP
Dave Mustaine xNTJ
Devin Townsend ENTx
Eminem, Weird Al ENTP
John Lennon, Bob Dylan xNFx
Robert Plant, GG Allin INFJ
Dir en grey's Kyo INFx

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
An even more obvious one would be Albert Einstein - obviously an INTP.

Of course! INTPs really seem to be a little too proud about that sometimes.

random lead singers/frontmen:

Kurt Cobain, David Bowie INFP
Corey Taylor ENFP
Jonathan Davis, Freddie Mercury ESFP
Trent Reznor INTP
Michael Stipe INxP
Dave Mustaine xNTJ
Devin Townsend ENTx
Eminem, Weird Al ENTP
John Lennon, Bob Dylan xNFx
Robert Plant, GG Allin INFJ
Dir en grey's Kyo INFx

That's a pretty accurate list!

GYX_Kid

Local time
-->
i've heard of Nietzsche also being INTP

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
I'm more proud of them Olsen twins! :elephant:

SHT SHT, you're entering the dark side of INTPdom there man. Keep it on the down-low... We don't want people thinking we're... normal... or even... unintellectual... :storks: BRR

jameslikespie

Local time
-->
J.K. Rowling is supposedly an INTP, we have a lot of awesome people in our type!

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
J.K. Rowling is supposedly an INTP.

I was just watching her talk in the...slow moving, red carpet, imprisonment, young women's...er....gathering.

I think she's easily INFJ. (though this is based on my own intuition and experience...she has odd body movements that reminds me of other INFJ's.)

jameslikespie

Local time
-->
I was just watching her talk in the...slow moving, red carpet, imprisonment, young women's...er....gathering.

I think she's easily INFJ. (though this is based on my own intuition and experience...she has odd body movements that reminds me of other INFJ's.)

I think she's INxx. T/F and P/J are always the hardest for me to guess.

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
SHT SHT, you're entering the dark side of INTPdom there man. Keep it on the down-low... We don't want people thinking we're... normal... or even... unintellectual... :storks: BRR

No! Let out the TRUTH! Be honest! I cannot be anything but pure honesty, as you might know by now, so I'm sorry, I cannot hide this anymore. You're asking too much of me! :mad:

GYX_Kid

Local time
-->
dammit, being unable to edit posts. was going to add

Billy Milano xSTJ

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
No! Let out the TRUTH! Be honest! I cannot be anything but pure honesty, as you might know by now, so I'm sorry. I cannot hide this anymore, you're asking to much of me! :mad:

O, the tortures of existence as an INTP!

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
I'm pretty sure Maynard James Keenan (from the band Tool) is an INTP.

GYX_Kid

Local time
-->
Devin Townsend, Mika Luttinen ENTJ
Billy Milano, Dave Hunt ESTJ (not 100% sure)

i like forceful assholes in music :cool:

They Might be Giants might be INTP's or INFJ's or something

ked

Local time
-->
You first need to learn to understand the theory of the functions, that you do not yet understand. As the first two or four most dominant functions, like NiTe SiFe - INTp, is correct only in Socionics as the MBTI has a bug with the Introverts.

http://www.socionics.com/advan/famous.htm they have most of the people put right on their type, but this is only about this specific Socionics site, the other Socionics sites might have them mainly wrong. And even this correct site has about everything else wrong but the pictures and the ABC of the NiTe (SiFe), and even their understanding of the contents of those functions are wrong (or they know that the most dominant function's direction makes one Introvert or the Extrovert, and might know something else too) so you are not going to understand what they contain/mean reading Socionics - nor by reading MBTI. But you must figure it out yourself.

Albert Einstein was an ENTP; NeTi SeFi, where Ne is visual memory - like in physics. INTp in reality is a NiTe (kicking out the bug in MBTI), and Ni is not visual but just iNtuitive memory, meaning an intuitive dominant who lives in (non-visual) memory and not in the sensoric reality or the sensoric world. Te is like speaking and Ti is like thinking and its direction is the opposite of the N's direction. Ne and Se dominants have Ne/Se eyes and body, and Ni and Si dominants have Ni/Si eyes and body; it's more or less subtle to see but can be seen. The J dominant means the person has T or F as the most dominant function and so is not a P, though he is as spontaneous as the P as one's dominant functions are spontaneous, easy, natural.

Jean Paul

Ideas from nowhere
Local time
Today 5:27 AM
-->
^, but hey us ENTPs have way to much already. So we'll let you keep albby as a INTP;)

Lobstrich

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
^, but hey us ENTPs have way to much already. So we'll let you keep albby as a INTP;)

Hmm, I just checked a "famous ENTP" page and the only people I could recognize as in "Cool, they're ENTPs" Were Alexander the Great, Nikola Tesla and Tom Hanks. So I don't really know what you mean with the "way too much" Hehe =)

Peeps999

Local time
-->
Daniel Gildenlow - INTP
Mike Portnoy - ESTJ
Ash Ketchum - ESxP

GYX_Kid

Local time
-->
Misty ENFJ

Randle Patrick McMurphy ESTP
Nurse Ratched ISTJ

(not to get too into fictional characters)

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
What type do you guys reckon Snoop Dogg is?

He seems quite eccentric and perceiving compared to most other 'big' rappers.

Don't mind me

Local time
Today 12:27 PM
-->
Continuing on the rapper theme, how about Kanye West?
I've seen a lot of different suggestions for him, although either Ni-dom or ESFx (many seem to throw this at every rapper they see) is the most common typing. IIRC, someone on this forum has postulated that he's INTP. I prolly lean toward INFJ...

An expanded pool to make intra-profession comparisons possible: Lil Wayne (ENTP), Jay-Z (ISTJ), Common (INFP), Eminem (INFJ)
Feel free to consider the types I've assigned completely insane.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
I think Snoop Dogg might be an ENTP as well. He doesn't seem very emotional, possibly a little arrogant, but overall open-minded, fairly social (in interviews) and quite eccentric.

I'm shit at typing, though.

Jedi

Local time
-->

Everybody rags on them, but they don't seem unintellectual from the interviews I've seen.

Dapper Dan

Did zat sting?
Local time
Today 4:27 AM
-->
I think Snoop Dogg might be an ENTP as well. He doesn't seem very emotional, possibly a little arrogant, but overall open-minded, fairly social (in interviews) and quite eccentric.

I'm shit at typing, though.
I won't pretend to be a typing master either, but I do know that you have to deal with the functions, not just the letters. I've checked out a few interviews and such, and a few things jump out at me.

• He doesn't make eye contact, which points to a strong N. Probably the more creative Ne.
  • He's not buff or jocky like a lot of rappers/celebrities. Points to Si, which again reinforces Ne.
  • He doesn't pause to think much in his interviews, which points to Te.
  • The remaining Fi feels about right. He's not overly expressive, at least not in public.
Now, the order of these is another thing altogether. I can't tell if his Te or his Fi is more dominant, so I'm guessing neither is his primary function. That leaves Ne, which seems to dominate over Si. If all this is correct, that leaves us with ENFP. The ENFP profile seems to fit pretty well, too.

As a side note, nearly everything I know on this subject came from this guy, who coincidentally has a video that fits in this thread.
Bill Gates is INTP not ENTJ - YouTube

Somnium

Floating ectoplasm
Local time
Today 2:27 AM
-->
Surprisingly, one seems to mention him on forums or MBTI tests that list famous people who are INTP, but I highly suspect Da Vinci is one. Eccentric, rennaissance man, intellectual. Considered the greatest "genius" of all time to some, with an estimated IQ of 180-220! Higher than Einstein (160). Not that I respect Einstein any less because IQ only means so much.
My personal heros have always been Einstein and Da Vinci when I was younger, I loved eccentricity and genius. Once I found out I was an INTP it suddenly made sense to me! Haha, but of course I am nowhere close to their caliber.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
I won't pretend to be a typing master either, but I do know that you have to deal with the functions, not just the letters. I've checked out a few interviews and such, and a few things jump out at me.

• He doesn't make eye contact, which points to a strong N. Probably the more creative Ne.
  • He's not buff or jocky like a lot of rappers/celebrities. Points to Si, which again reinforces Ne.
  • He doesn't pause to think much in his interviews, which points to Te.
  • The remaining Fi feels about right. He's not overly expressive, at least not in public.
Now, the order of these is another thing altogether. I can't tell if his Te or his Fi is more dominant, so I'm guessing neither is his primary function. That leaves Ne, which seems to dominate over Si. If all this is correct, that leaves us with ENFP. The ENFP profile seems to fit pretty well, too.

As a side note, nearly everything I know on this subject came from this guy, who coincidentally has a video that fits in this thread.
Bill Gates is INTP not ENTJ - YouTube
Ah yes. Of course. I think you're right. ENFP seems more correct.

downsowf

Local time
-->
Jack White and Eric Clapton=INTP? Constantly changing bands/genres.

Eric Clapton (not sure if right order) Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominos, and finally he couldn't take being around anyone else so he went solo. And though Clapton is deeply rooted in the Blues, he's always changing up his style to keep himself engaged and not to get bored.

Jack White: White Stripes, the Raconteurs, the Dead Weather, Solo. Also produced country album with Loretta Lynn. Kind of think of him as today's Eric Clapton.

Also, I like to think Abe Lincoln was an INTP- America's greatest president. He was brilliant. Knew everything about everything. Was prone to moments of "depression" when he didn't want to be around anybody. Wrote his own speeches (unlike today's presidents) and his words were brilliant and logical. Struggled throughout life with the existence of god. When Abe was a kid, he used to walk miles away to a neighbor's house to borrow books, and if he wanted the book, he'd put in a day's work. Needless to say, he was an avid reader. Abe became obsessed with the law after he read a book on contracts; thereafter, he moved west (Springfield) and became a successful lawyer.

Dimensional Transition

Local time
-->
But what suggests that they are Ts?

INP might be suggested by going solo, changing bands/genres et cetera... They could be Fs just as well, right?

downsowf

Local time
-->
ha. that's true. was just having some fun. possibly I was reaching because I admire these people. When I watched interviews with Jack White, I've always pegged him as an INTP because of what he says and how he says it. Check out The White Stripes: Under Great White Northern Lights. I personally think it's almost impossible to type anybody because people are so full of contradictions like you mentioned in the OP about Bob Dylan.

Dapper Dan

Did zat sting?
Local time
Today 4:27 AM
-->
ha. that's true. was just having some fun. possibly I was reaching because I admire these people. When I watched interviews with Jack White, I've always pegged him as an INTP because of what he says and how he says it. Check out The White Stripes: Under Great White Northern Lights. I personally think it's almost impossible to type anybody because people are so full of contradictions like you mentioned in the OP about Bob Dylan.
Haha after just a quick look on youtube I think I might agree with you. In the interview I watched, he looked constantly like he didn't want to be there, even though his answers were quick and witty (although a bit awkward). As for his T or F, keep in mind that an INFP will have Fi as opposed to Fe. This guy's smile comes out way too frequently for an Fi in my mind.

Top Bottom