• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Tulpa.

Local time
Today, 02:08
Tulpa seem to be a psychological phenomena where you essentially create a sentient being.

My interpretation of how it works, is that it's like muscle memory. You pretty much just think of everything that makes a real person/thing/whatever and continually imagine it, and after a while, it becomes automatic.

A lot of people seem to believe it's simply a second consciousness, like your own, built from you sub-conscious, like your own.

I personally found out about it as I was already trying to "connect to my sub-conscious", which largely consisted of me relaxing and focusing, and often having random memories pop up.

After a while I googled around and found out about "tulpa".

tulpa.info seems to be the biggest site, as it's largely under-researched.

Felt like telling you guys since I recalled INTP's love to understand new, abstract concepts, and are fairly open minded. Though I may be wrong considering I haven't even thought of the MBTI for a couple months or something.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there are claims you can slowly build up and achieve a delusion (The 'tulpa users' also call it a delusion) where the tulpa appears to physically be real. It affects all five senses, and the only difference you would be able to notice is that you can go through it, and other people don't notice it.

So, from your perspective, for all intent and purposes, you're creating a ghost of whatever you want. It's suppose to help long-term memory and such, as it's a tool to connect to the sub-conscious. Tibeten (SP?) Buddhists use to use them to try and achieve enlightenment.

Local time
Today, 09:08
Seems like a good way to socialize without socializing. But what if the Tulpa starts becoming a pain in the ass? How do you kill it? If you create an ESFJ Tulpa thinking it'll get you back on your feet only to regret it later what do you do?

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
Today, 04:08
Seems like a good way to socialize without socializing. But what if the Tulpa starts becoming a pain in the ass? How do you kill it? If you create an ESFJ Tulpa thinking it'll get you back on your feet only to regret it later what do you do?
Don't people do this all the time already, and just label it as "God"?

dad

Local time
If you ignore it, it will go away. Literally.

Jennywocky

guud languager
Local time
So, something like this?

EDIT: Great show, by the way. If anyone hasn't watched it, I highly recommend.
Yeah, that's probably one of the funniest shows I don't watch (seriously) -- if I can get focused, I'd like to blow through that and New Girl.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today, 16:08
Ah a Tulpa thread!

One of the tickling thoughts that lurked in my mind before about thoughtforms is that all religions have the potential to be true.

WARNING: The thoughts below are totally unsupported by anything.

Given enough beliefs (or strength of beliefs), not only would a temporary tulpa be created but entire permanent dimensions as well (Hell, Heaven, Valhalla etc.) Perhaps the soul is also a thoughtform and by going to these "afterlife" they enjoy these dimensions and, in return, sustain these locations as well.

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today, 10:08
Silina: So out of curiosity, would you prefer for us to speak like this.

[Or like this?]

Or maybe some other alternative? /Silina

wdk

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
Today, 01:08
I had a tula once. She was basic. Her name was plummy and she was a blueberry flavored mermaid gummy that made dove noises. Some times I miss doing drug. Poor plummy never comes around anymore:storks:

Seteleechete

Together forever
Local time
Today, 10:08
colors work too, one for each entity? that'd feel pretty seamless
Silina: Colours don't work very well with mobile devices(at least ours).

Top Bottom