• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.

Training?!

HDINTP

Local time
Today, 10:31
I was thinking. I think there is already thread where you talk about INTPs and their [ARTICLE][/ARTICLE]"worse" mechanical skills if it wasn't elsewhere.

Do you train it? How do you train it? If you apply yourself of course...:D

SandMizzle

Cyber Member
Local time
Hm, I haven't trained them for a long time, I always had the feeling that I could do it anyway if something has to be done (normally I'm not that confident, but when it comes to my skills I am^^). But since my ISTP friend moved in we have a little project, because I did nothing with my flat for over three years, just established my room and had no curtains or lampshades or similar things installed. So, since he moved in we have built a lot of things and it looks damn nice now and I see, that I would have completely failed without help, so I told my friend to practise with me and it really helps and is fun to do so, also because ISTPs have a very amusing but strange way to manage things.
Is there something specific you want to train or just your "all day" mechanical skills?

HDINTP

Local time
Hm, I haven't trained them for a long time, I always had the feeling that I could do it anyway if something has to be done (normally I'm not that confident, but when it comes to my skills I am^^). But since my ISTP friend moved in we have a little project, because I did nothing with my flat for over three years, just established my room and had no curtains or lampshades or similar things installed. So, since he moved in we have built a lot of things and it looks damn nice now and I see, that I would have completely failed without help, so I told my friend to practise with me and it really helps and is fun to do so, also because ISTPs have a very amusing but strange way to manage things.
Is there something specific you want to train or just your "all day" mechanical skills?
All day mechanical skills because it can get better so why not try it. My biological father is quite skilled in practical matters but i see him um.. for about 2-3 weeks this summer and he is really worried about my future. I can do something but it lasts longer and is not so good ( not as close to perfect as other people do).

In psychological counseling and i am not talking just about mechanical skills but thought i do not live in reality. I do not have to see them anymore(sounds like i ever did:).) If they were psychologist but you know what those here are just people they try to be. Studied psychology but do not know a lot about it. Last time i was here i was like "Idiots are trying to persuade me i am damaged or an idiot". I am happy i had good sleep on that day so i was just quite sarcastic that is all.

So train with Bi.F. maybe and know one another person i can do it well with so i will ask him too.

SandMizzle

Cyber Member
Local time
That's a good idea, some practical knowledge is always helpful. He is worried about your future, because you don't have machanical skills? (I hope, I got this right) There are other ways to get through I guess.^^

Ah, I see, it's a good method to stay in touch. Good to hear that and you are right, everytime I see a psychologist I recognise a disorder nearly instantly on her/him. Sarcasm is the best way to deal with such people. :smoker:

I think it's a good thing for us INTPs to to look over somebody's shoulders and then try it ourselves, and since I've experienced that I'm really excited about building something, especially if you have some creative space!^^

Local time
Today, 01:31
what do you mean by "mechanical" skills exactly? ahh, doesn't matter...

because if by "train" you mean "practice"-- then yes, practice does indeed make perfect for just about all things; of course some people will begin more talented than others; but enough practice and you'll be a pro eventually;

the main 'problem' (I see it as a gift) with INTPs is that they/we tend to get bored once we achieve competence in a subject/skill;

just keep this in mind before you set out on your path-- make sure you have an ulterior motive other than "mastery" of the skill, because I bet you will get bored of whatever it is once you learn how to do it with average competence; if your goal is to bond with your father then I think that is a great motive to learn that skill; and hey, new mechanical skills are always good to have as it has practical value for your life in the future.

Top Bottom