• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

to my hubby:

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
Today 8:54 AM
-->
the more i read your posts debunking other peoples' types, and the more i read other peoples' posts debunking your type, the more i want to simultaneously stab my eyes out with a fork and make out with you. it's all very convincing.

has anybody made a cumulative post regarding cognitive functions yet? you know, just listing out the cognitive functions with a description of how they are utilized and stuff. i'm sure that would be really really helpful to a lot of people. and maybe a post describing the fundamental difference between certain types that are often mistaken for each other.

i'd do it myself, but i am not worthy.

ta-ta for now.

-shoesies

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:54 PM
-->
i want to simultaneously stab my eyes out with a fork and make out with you.
If that was "stab out your eyes with a fork and make out with you" I'd be so jealous.
(has a fetish for stab-happy girls, because it's exciting & honest imo)

Btw by posting this in its own thread are you requesting that someone does this for you?
Firstly, I'm lazy.
Secondly, you are worthy.
Thirdly... are you implying whoever does this for you is your hubby?

...hmm, where's Melkor, he hasn't been married for a while :twisteddevil:

Edit: Is Adymus your hubby?

Edit2: Wtf is a hubby anyway?

Edit3: I'm inebriated.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
adymus is my hubby (read: marital slave) as determined by the official marriage thread, at least a couple weeks ago. yes, by making this its own thread i am implying somebody should do this for me (and for the benefit of the rest of the forum, really). that is all.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 4:54 PM
-->
I believe wikisocion is not bad, except they use those funny symbols for the cognitive functions.

Your hubby can post an excerpt from his book or whatever he's doing if he wants to.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 7:54 PM
-->
the more i read your posts debunking other peoples' types, and the more i read other peoples' posts debunking your type, the more i want to simultaneously stab my eyes out with a fork and make out with you. it's all very convincing.

has anybody made a cumulative post regarding cognitive functions yet? you know, just listing out the cognitive functions with a description of how they are utilized and stuff. i'm sure that would be really really helpful to a lot of people. and maybe a post describing the fundamental difference between certain types that are often mistaken for each other.

i'd do it myself, but i am not worthy.

ta-ta for now.

-shoesies

Aren't you engaged to your best friend, you shameless whore?

^infp

Enne

Consistently Inconsistent
Local time
-->

Adymus

Banned
Local time
Today 1:54 AM
-->
the more i read your posts debunking other peoples' types, and the more i read other peoples' posts debunking your type.
It's a little game we play.

Alright babe, I'll see to that. I've been intending to write one for the forum for while now anyway.

Also, I had been entertaining the idea of writing a post on how the different types can manifest and give examples of each. It would be kind of like that page on the 5 different types of INTPs, but for all types... Especially INFJs, since I find their different aspects most interesting, and most people only know about one of them.

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
Today 4:54 AM
-->
What I would actually like to see are explanations of the functions as they pertain to certain situations and actual behaviors, instead of the usual basic definitions you get from most internet profiles. I have seen some resources attempt this though.

Another idea that interests me is describing how functions work as pairs. Like, Ti+Ne, which you might say kind of becomes a function in and of itself. Of course, you also have to take into account the position on the hierarchy of each function, but I think even describing pairs without that consideration can still help people understand the relationships between functions. (Like how pairs like Ti/Fe or Ni/Se are parasitic; while pairs like Ti/Si or Ni/Fi are complimentary)

Oh, and another helpful description would be how each function 'evolves' as a person develops it. For example, how usage of Fe changes as one approaches mastery of it. Each function could have, say, five levels/stages of development. The first level being a general lack of control and understanding of that function's use, and the last one being a confident and reliable use of it.

So, typically, you'd expect an INTP to be level 4-5 Ti and level 1-2 Fe, but of course not everyone is typical. It's tougher to 'climb the ladder' of functions that drain you.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
That "level" idea seems interesting. It somehow motivates growth. The tangible pushes better than the intangible. Direct contact somehow helps against procrastination.

Irishpenguin

Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
Oh, and another helpful description would be how each function 'evolves' as a person develops it. For example, how usage of Fe changes as one approaches mastery of it. Each function could have, say, five levels/stages of development.

YES, I would like this very much...please?.....:D

Mello

Gone.
Local time
-->
This game sucks. SJs are overpowered.

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 3:54 AM
-->
Actually, the personality traits of the MBTI as seen through the paradigm of developmental psychology could be a good read. There are distinct stages of cognitive development - perhaps there are distinct stages for each of the four traits as well(?)

There also is the issue of intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation per trait

Personality, in general, as a defense mechanism, with each trait as a weapon...

personality as a social construct, dependent on certain social input etc...

Of course, the ultimate analysis would be a biopsychosocial analysis...

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
This game sucks. SJs are overpowered.
No way, if any types are overpowered it is the INxJs by far.

But I guess that is why they get to have an Se inferior as their balancing factor. Literally everything in the outer world suppresses their Ni.

Mello

Gone.
Local time
-->
No way, if any types are overpowered it is the INxJs by far.

But I guess that is why they get to have an Se inferior as their balancing factor. Literally everything in the outer world suppresses their Ni.

They outnumber us though and I was being somewhat sarcastic. Because we all know INTPs are the best.

Adymus

Banned
Local time
-->
The SJ's outnumbering us is not them over powering us, it is actually putting them on equal footing. It's like how in starcraft the zerg can make a lot of cheap to produce weak guys, and the protoss make only a few expensive strong guys.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
I know W Harold Grant did some work on the development aspects but in a christian context which might not appeal to everyone and may have been carried out for a different purpose.

I think the J and P functions are misunderstood and people don't realise the FJ and TJ vs NP SP link. I know that makes a big difference to my understanding of my type. While I find it hard to think of myself as judging when I read the descriptors on their own, when I read FJ it is absolutely how I function. Similarly, while I use Ti and it is very well developed because of my age and work, actually I do make decisions based on the people/values axis - and become outraged by unethical practices (not a great way to be in today's hardnosed business-driven corporate-minded world). INFJ is also forward-thinking which is what can masquerade as P when one reads things like 'open to possibilities'. What I mean is that on a lot of the online tests these kinds of binaries are too simplistic and lead people astray.

Reverse Transcriptase

"you're a poet whether you like it or not"
Local time
-->
Also, I had been entertaining the idea of writing a post on how the different types can manifest and give examples of each. It would be kind of like that page on the 5 different types of INTPs, but for all types... Especially INFJs, since I find their different aspects most interesting, and most people only know about one of them.
ppsssst.... you probably find it interesting because you are an INFJ!

*hides*

But also, can you really reduce the different "manifestions" of an INTP down into 5? I *suppose* that you could classify 5 different general manifestations of an INTP, and then point out that people can overlap into different ones, etc. It'd be weird. I'd want a chart.

Or there different specialization paths? Like, once I choose to be an outgoing and can-choose-to-be-talkative-and-socially-accepted INTP, can I never go back to becoming a mad scientist INTP?

Top Bottom