• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

TMB is Banned and No Drama?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 10:42 PM
-->
So anyway, since there is always drama when someone who has been here awhile gets banned, I expected there to be drama and stuff from this, but no one seems to care.

This is the thread where we can (if you let it) discuss why.

*puts on Freud's glasses and smokes pipe*

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
Today 4:42 AM
-->
So anyway, since there is always drama when someone who has been here awhile gets banned, I expected there to be drama and stuff from this, but no one seems to care.

This is the thread where we can (if you let it) discuss why.

*puts on Freud's glasses and smokes pipe*

Our loss was INTPx's gain.
TMB is in a far better place.
So many of our dearly departed are now in INTPx heaven.
It would be selfish of us to complain about their newfound joy after death.
(They are also infiltrating INTPx's ranks to give us an advantage in this war, so there is another cause to rejoice.)

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:42 AM
-->
There are two kinds of shitposting, one that is allowed and the one that is prohibited. God knows why Sinny92 was tolerated so long. TMB is from Spain and finally began using English coherently. Before it was all gibberish. His life situation finally got better and I remember he said if things did not get better he would leave this world. It did get better but he is banned now.

(I was temp banned in 2011 for shitposting, it freaked me out and I almost cried)

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 5:42 PM
-->
Tbh he never really had insights of any kind and was there just to provide interjections. I'll miss him though.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Today 4:42 PM
-->
TMB is kinda cool, I guess. Hope he enjoys the other side.

I think his posts are kinda weird at times but it's never done out of malice or anything.

Deleted member 1424

No one cares, because nothing of value was lost.

He was basically deadondreaming 6.0 (who himself was preceded by many like him), but with a worse written voice.

Lucky for him, now that I've pointed out the obvious, it may well attract some defenders.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 6:12 PM
-->
Tbh he never really had insights of any kind and was there just to provide interjections. I'll miss him though.

[machine-gun-spit dirge rap]

Ahem.

He interjected with unquestioned suggestions of proverbial silicone injected breasts under tension. For TMB it was too late for prevention. Banning was the cure, or was it just the extension of one of my many projected sexually repressed agendum?

*spins hat backwards somehow while doing those damnfandangled finger blitzers cross-armed*

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 7:42 PM
-->
IMO Permaban was a bit too far for the offence. A month ban with thin ice after would have been more appropriate to give him a fair chance to realise he was being a shitposter.

Where am I going to get outrageous content for my signature now?

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
Im so socially charming that everyone ends up hating me
Like throwing jokes with ease filtring with girls all at the same time with 8 around me
Them most hate my over confidence

Don't worry he is yet to relent. He's only relocated his shitposting.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah so many of his posts and so little drama at his banning. I guess most people just either don't care enough about him or disliked him.

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 8:42 AM
-->
To me it seems all of TMBs posts could be distilled down to just one post without losing any information:
I have a garage band and I have lost my virginity.

I guess the wellspring of posts repeating those points in slight variation and with very bad grammar has already satisfied the needs of the people.

If you read this, TMB, sorry for shitting on you, but I hope there is some constructive criticism here :angel:

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:42 PM
-->
shit mierda puta on top of a horse we go to the intpcomplex

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 9:42 AM
-->
TMB has gmo issues. And he fight against Catalonia independence blood on streets.

all of TMBs posts could be distilled down to just one post without losing any information:
I have a garage band and I have lost my virginity.
So you can sum up everyone this way. Start new thread and do me and Adaire :OOO

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
^ Yeah sum up all of us, be brutal. You're good at it, I can tell, you've succeeded once so currently at 100% winrate.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
TheBanBeyond

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Yeah so many of his posts and so little drama at his banning. I guess most people just either don't care enough about him or disliked him.

Well, pretty much what Serac said.

There wasn't a lot to respond to, once those two subjects were exhausted. So he was just talking a lot to himself.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:42 AM
-->
TheBanBeyond

Fucking priceless.

I don't feel bad he was banned. He didn't fit in here (and that really does say something). Everything he posted was like a 2nd graders opinion. Just shit all over the place.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
A ban was too much I think.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
On top of a dick we go to the fags

Grayman

Soul Shade
Local time
Today 1:42 AM
-->
Never read his posts. TMB never payed me the dues and I don't work for free. If anyone else doesn't want to be next PM me and I can set you up with some ban protection and burial insurance.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Never read his posts. TMB never payed me the dues and I don't work for free. If anyone else doesn't want to be next PM me and I can set you up with some ban protection and burial insurance.

If you're strapped for money there's always the option of not posting very much. You can get away posting about how you lost your virginity or your last UFO viewing if you don't post very much. :cat:

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:42 PM
-->
We all drone on about the same old shit, from our own little echo chambers, the patterns are very clear. TMB only did so with a little less nuance, perhaps. He was probably one of the few people who actually tried very hard to change his life to something better, rather than sitting around and mope, so kudos to him for that. The fact that his forum posts were not outstanding did not make him any less interesting, IMO.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Today 5:42 AM
-->
I accepted TMB as part of my typical intpf experience; you'll meet all sorts.

As for drama... a thread with dozens of calm replies and hundreds of views isn't so bad on the way out I s'pose.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
I think this is the first time I've seen the forum in almost unanimous agreement. :phear:
And the one's that don't agree, aren't crying bloody-murder or anything.

Should I be scared? :cat:

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Hey wait, what's TMB's username on INTPc? I took a lot over there, but I didn't see him and it just felt like a time-warp to INTPcentral. It feels like facebook for elitist nerds, while this place feels like a dark pit where people periodically come out of the shadows to throw shit before running back into the crevices of their abyss.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
I wouldn't say 'almost unanimous agreement'.

A few people have expressed disapproval here and elsewhere. Others admit some emotional attachment to him despite not really contesting the ban.

I don't pretend to know the opinions of the entire forum, but I feel pretty comfortable saying that opinions here are almost always more diverse than would be assumed if you just look at the surface level talk. Many of our opinions are not represented by the forum social narrative.

There is less of a stink kicked up here than previously though. I think it's partially because people did recognise that TMB was limited in contribution. But I also think if we'd done the temp-ban dance he'd have had more time to rabble-rouse up a resistance to his banning, just like many have done before him.

Edit: He goes by 'pureviolence'. Yeah I agree about the apparent culture of intellectual elitism. I find it a bit cringe-worthy (I think we also have that problem but to a lesser degree). I do think they've got some good things going there though.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
Hey wait, what's TMB's username on INTPc? I took a lot over there, but I didn't see him and it just felt like a time-warp to INTPcentral. It feels like facebook for elitist nerds, while this place feels like a dark pit where people periodically come out of the shadows to throw shit before running back into the crevices of their abyss.

His name there is PureViolence.

INTPc is kinda like INTJforum IMO.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 3:42 AM
-->
In what way?

I felt much more straightjacketed on INTJf. People there were more ... particular.

People on INTJf care too much about "rationalization" to put it shortly, a trait I never much liked. Still, there are some people there that are absolutely a pleasure to have a conversation with, more so than here I would say because the people that are worth your time there are much warmer than the people on this site. So you could say they have more extreme tendencies in this way.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
-->
In what way?

I felt much more straightjacketed on INTJf. People there were more ... particular.

Aside from the color-scheme, some of the people in INTPc are, I guess, set in their ways.

Not as bad as that of INTJf but it's there.

INTPc has more numerous STEM threads though so it's not that bad.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Yeah it's basically INTJf Lite.
Hm. I dont agree. Although cute snobbish snots, INTPc creatures posess warm vibe and gentele humor. They are heavy with mems which reminds INTJf. Most of users are from US what suprised me a little. INTJf was for me like cyborg poetry and"we write perfect CV here" elitist, more detached ambience.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 2:12 PM
-->
Okay, I'm a bit new over here. What is the criteria for 'shitposting' per se and some informal rules that are mandatory to be known before getting banned ?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

kora

Omg wow imo
Local time
-->
On top of the shitpost we go to the ban

He provided some sort of variety in a sense.

Last edited:

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
Okay, I'm a bit new over here. What is the criteria for 'shitposting' per se and some informal rules that are mandatory to be known before getting banned ?

As long as you don't shitpost you'll be okay.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->

you seem fine so far since your posts seem to be more analytical in nature.

Kinda hard to define, but he tended to just use the forum/threads as his personal nattering board like sinny I guess. I do agree he provided some variety; I was kind of indifferent to this particular removal.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
you seem fine so far since your posts seem to be more analytical in nature.

Kinda hard to define, but he tended to just use the forum/threads as his personal nattering board like sinny I guess. I do agree he provided some variety; I was kind of indifferent to this particular removal.
Oh, I get your point. It's basically being a curmudgeon and a dickhead with no analysis, just stupid drivels ?

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Oh, I get your point. It's basically being a curmudgeon and a dickhead with no analysis, just stupid drivels ?

Yeah, mainly... although TMB wrote some interesting stuff about his band and similar, it just was kind of aimless I suppose.

Typically the more engaging you are here in a way that can be discussed reasonably, even if controversial, the far more likely it is that you'll stay around. Not that people get banned a ton.

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
-->
BurnedOut you're at zero risk of being banned if you continue like you already are. We also won't ban you out of nowhere if you do do something wrong (unless it's really malicious or w/e). Typically we'll offer you the opportunity to change your behaviour before it comes to anything like that.

I know you probably want explicit rules, and for that we have the CoC. But it's not a very good representation of how this place is run IMO. People break those rules all the time and there's no problem.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
BurnedOut you're at zero risk of being banned if you continue like you already are. We also won't ban you out of nowhere if you do do something wrong (unless it's really malicious or w/e). Typically we'll offer you the opportunity to change your behaviour before it comes to anything like that.

I know you probably want explicit rules, and for that we have the CoC. But it's not a very good representation of how this place is run IMO. People break those rules all the time and there's no problem.
I had tried to gain access to intjforum a few years ago, I took a look at the threads, layouts and everything, the crowd there is very condescending especially when it came of talk about IQs.
PerC is mostly newbies spamming hello threads and the conversations are overly limited to trivia which usually irates me a lot.
Reddit, I don't wanna talk about Reddit. It's mostly fangirling or stoning there
The only worthy conversations I've are in INTPforum with good quality posts, however, as I've observed this, when a fight occurs, it gets real ugly very quickly. (I've experienced this myself )

I've a low post count right now, i was sort of afraid my rant threads * may * get labelled as shitposts. But anyway, I enjoy over here except some of the perception-nazis should be kept in check

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
I had tried to gain access to intjforum a few years ago, I took a look at the threads, layouts and everything, the crowd there is very condescending especially when it came of talk about IQs.

What do you expect from INTJs?

PerC is mostly newbies spamming hello threads and the conversations are overly limited to trivia which usually irates me a lot.

Si, PerC is for newb mbti people.

Reddit, I don't wanna talk about Reddit. It's mostly fangirling or stoning there

Haha, try 4chan

The only worthy conversations I've are in INTPforum with good quality posts, however, as I've observed this, when a fight occurs, it gets real ugly very quickly. (I've experienced this myself )

There's a reason I stay here..

I've a low post count right now, i was sort of afraid my rant threads * may * get labelled as shitposts. But anyway, I enjoy over here except some of the perception-nazis should be kept in check

If I'm not worried about my shit getting labeled as shitposting, neither should you.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
What do you expect from INTJs?

every INTJ I've ever met seems to have popped out of a TV show. Some examples :

#1 : she likes to observe the traffic and then predict the amount of cars, the correct time to cross the road and the patterns occuring ie the number of traffic police in that particular area, etcetera. She's extremely blunt and once she hit her dad for being too rude to her.
She called one of my friends, who acts a little bit eccentric and ponce-y a transgender in his face.

#2 : Insomniac. Is the 2nd best improviser on the keyboard in my city. Never sleeps at night and practises music for 8-10 hours a day without sleeping. Has superior working memory and a supercilious personality.

#3 : Has an extremely organized routine. He peruses the newspaper at a microscopic level ie reads the newspaper for around 2 hours or something (I read the newspaper within 10 minutes, mostly, skipping the sports section). Apparently if you want to talk to him, you need to walk at the same speed as he, when he goes for a promenade. He laughs at math jokes (has a book full of them), scorns at everyone and has a repute of being way too enigmatic.

#4 : Is obsessed with perfection. Perfection at such a level that he hates and scorns at everyone who doesn't do things the right way. His conscientiousness is way beyond average (and my C is way lower than average) He scores grades too good plays the guitar and the keyboard. Is very eager to be the best for everything in every situation.

Common observation :
1. Apparently high IQs
2. Too organised
3. Arrogant. Often at an incredible level
4. Achievements, a lot of them
5. Equally ambitious parents.

Puffy

"Wtf even was that"
Local time
-->
I was trolling BurnedOut, I don't think you're at any risk of getting banned or would qualify as shitposting. :cat:

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
no worries. look on hado. he's oafy shit poster and still made it to admin level.
then time to time forumities have this lust for science...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Yeah you're fine Burnedout. You seem obsessed with telling people you're intelligent when you could just show them but that's a really minor annoyance and probably a reaction to an inferiority complex in other areas like socialising and having friends. Quite common among young INTP's, just make sure not do dismiss the lifestyle of those who aren't "Intelligent" in the same way you are in defence of the fact you aren't "Intelligent" in the same way they are.

^ See you can even do that kind of condescending half insulting half complementary shitposting and not get banned for a long time because it's designed in a way that appears helpful even if it's insulting because it's also complementary and it's short of assumed nobody is socially intelligent enough to converse normally.

Top Bottom