• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Thread split from Comic Book Logic: McDonalds Horsemeat Conspiracy

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
Today 9:59 PM
-->
But... but McDonald's beef patties are, well, beef. They're legally obligated to share their ingredients, and that's the only ingredient for their patties. Beef. It is a burger.

Now, that doesn't mean I disagree with the rest of your post. Ironman 3 was god-awful. And the ending to Guardians of the Galaxy felt like something I would have written when I was 12. note: I'm not a writer even now, et alone when i was 12. Deus-ex-mechanus-tastic!

I really hope you don't believe that those burgers are 'just beef'.
Last year we in the UK discovered halff of our 'beef' is actually horse. Puke.
And half of our immigrant take aways are serving cats n dogs. More puke.

My 'fugly' comment was an overstatement.
But he's certainly not 'main character attractive'.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:59 PM
-->
Re: Comic Book Logic

If they are not made with just beef, then McDonald's is lying to everybody in the world, and will eventually be hit with with an enormous law suit that could be avoided entirely if they just say what's actually in the beef. I think McDonald's hires smart lawyers and that they follow laws when possible. So, yes, I believe their burgers are just beef.

Unless you have evidence to the contrary, I have no reason to presume McDonald's is lying about this, and I do have reason to presume they're not.

It was Burger King and Taco Bell, and maybe a few others who had horse meat in their burgers. And you know what? I don't care. I'd eat the hell out of horse meat. It's not unsanitary or something, it just goes against our societal norms. Fuck societal norms, horses are delicious.

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 4:59 PM
-->

Someone's got super mega derail powers. It went from comic heroes to fake hamburgers in just a brief flash.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->

It's just a matter of time Yeti, sheesh, if Burger King are doing it, so's everyone else.
Anyway, it's not the fact of 'societal norms' that bothers me, it's the fact that a whole load of corporations were in on this shit, 'this shit' being the LIES; and dont get me started on the fact that Joe Public didn't even bat an eyelid. We'll be eating humans before we know it, ala Cloud Atlas.

Plus, I can't eat shop/chain bought beef ever again, all I taste is horse, which I personally, don't want in my mouth.

'Evidence to the contray' pftt, the worlds so gullible, must be all those diet drinks everyone's drinking.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

It's just a matter of time Yeti, sheesh, if Burger King are doing it, so's everyone else.
Anyway, it's not the fact of 'societal norms' that bothers me, it's the fact that a whole load of corporations were in on this shit, 'this shit' being the LIES; and dont get me started on the fact that Joe Public didn't even bat an eyelid. We'll be eating humans before we know it, ala Cloud Atlas.

Plus, I can't eat shop/chain bought beef ever again, all I taste is horse, which I personally, don't want in my mouth.

'Evidence to the contray' pftt, the worlds so gullible, must be all those diet drinks everyone's drinking.

You know, sometimes things are as they appear.

Besides, you're acting like BigBrotherCorp was in on it the whole time, fully aware that a significant portion of their product was something besides what they claimed. It was actually just meat from a single provider, and there were only traces of horse meat in BK's product, and once they became aware of the realistic possibility of horse in their beef, they stopped doing business with that supplier.

BK's after your money, they're not trying to trick you into eating anything that would cost them that. Same with Mickey D's. They're honest because lies are more expensive.

Local time
-->
Wait... what's so bad about horse? Charismatic livestock is still tasty livestock.
BK's after your money, they're not trying to trick you into eating anything that would cost them that. Same with Mickey D's. They're honest because lies are more expensive.
^This. They could actually make a lot more money selling horse as horse.

But otherwise, there's no way in hell I'm voluntarily eating a burger from a fast food mega-chain. Not all beef is equal. :ahh:
http://www.feedipedia.org/node/66

Ruminants

Pig manure

Pig manure has been included in sheep rations at the level of 40% (in pellets) with good results.

Cattle manure

The dehydration of cattle excreta for use as an ingredient in cattle feed is clearly uneconomical. Steer manure has been fed to finishing beef cattle either mixed fresh with other feeds or as wastelage. When fed fresh, the manure is collected daily from the pen and blended with the ration in the ratio of 2:3. The mixture is kept in a closed container overnight and fed the following day. When fed as wastelage, fresh manure is mixed with ground grass hay in the ratio or 57:43 and stored in a silo, where it ferments and acquires a silage odour. Wastelage from Coastal Bermuda hay averages 13% crude protein and 60% digestible nutrients. The product has been combined with concentrates for feeding to finishing cattle and has also been used as the sole feed for ewes and beef cows. A complete ration recommended for feedlot cattle consists of 40% fresh cow manure mixed with 42% cracked maize and 18% maize silage. The mixture is ensiled for ten days before feeding. When wastelage is fed alone for a long period, it may be necessary to add vitamin A and phosphorus or feeds rich in these growth factors. Feeding manure to dairy cows produces no effect on lactation or milk taste. Dried fresh manure smells like a mixed feed. The dryness of dehydrated manure seems to lessen palatability, but manure fermented as silage is well accepted. Once cattle become accustomed to this feed there is no effect on consumption. Wastelage should not be stored in a rusty structure.

Poultry litter

Fresh poultry manure is about 30% crude protein on a dry basis, about half of which derives from uric acid. For ruminants the digestibility of the crude protein is close to 80% and that of the organic matter about 65%. Poultry manure is also rich in minerals, which makes further mineral supplementation of rations containing dried poultry manure unnecessary. As fresh poultry manure ferments very quickly, it must be dried without delay if it is to be used for feeding. The drying temperature should be no higher than 90 C so as not to damage the protein in the manure and no lower than 70 C so as to sterilize the manure. It should then be ground to facilitate the removal of feathers. Uric acid can be utilized by rumen microbes for protein production. As uric acid is not easily dissolved in the rumen fluid and the ammonia is only slowly released, it is therefore more efficiently utilized than other nonprotein nitrogen (NPN) sources. The rumen flora seems to take about three weeks to adapt before it can fully utilize uric acid. For ruminants dried poultry manure can be used like any other protein concentrate. When dried poultry manure ration is maintained at a normal energy level, the weight gains or milk production are satisfactory. Its low energy value (about the same as hay) may cause low palatability when it is fed at high levels, but various steps can be taken to improve palatability, such as the addition of molasses or fat. The feeding of dried poultry manure does not affect the flavour of meat or milk.

Much of the interest in the feeding of poultry manure has been centred on deep litter, which is a mixture of a suitable litter material and poultry droppings developed over a period of six months or more and maintained in a dry, friable condition. The litter is placed in a layer between 3 cm and 25 cm thick on the floor of the poultry house, mainly to absorb the moisture from poultry excreta, which is about 80% water when voided. This moisture is subsequently disposed of by evaporation and is also used in decomposition. Microorganisms thrive on the manure in the litter and break it down. This microflora produces growth factors, notably vitamin B12, and antibiotic substances which help control the level of pathogenic bacteria. Consequently, the growth rate and health are often superior in poultry raised on deep litter. Various types of litter materials are used, such as sawdust, wood shavings, groundnut hulls and bagasse. The litter material must be sufficiently water-absorbent, reasonably coarse so that packing does not occur, and capable of decomposition. The addition of lime helps keep the litter dry, and the addition of superphosphate reduces the escape of ammonia from the litter, thus maintaining the nitrogen content at a higher level.

When used as feed, the litter should be dried immediately after removal from the poultry house and preferably milled and run over a magnet to remove stray metal scraps. Dried litter can be stored for a long time. Poultry litter has also been ensiled to prevent deterioration. For feeding it should be mixed with energy- rich feedstuffs. The following formula has been recommended: litter 65%, citrus meal 25%, molasses 9% and minerals and vitamins 1%. When mixed in the feed, poultry litter does not keep and must be used quickly. The depth of the litter, as well as the material, affects the nutritive value. Poultry litter is a low-cost material which has given good results in both dairy cows and beef cattle.

Citrus meal is a good litter producer. The subsequent chicken litter is a very good energy-rich feed. It should be noted, however, that citrus seeds must not be included in citrus meal used for litter as they may cause poultry mortalities.

Litter silage has been produced by packing broiler litter into an upright airtight silo, adding water until the total moisture content was 35-38% and leaving the silo sealed and undisturbed for six weeks. This has proved to be an excellent ingredient for cattle feed, and the process partially destroys harmful microorganisms.

Combining broiler litter with other materials (maize, sorghum, potatoes) prior to ensiling has been shown to increase energy and protein digestibility of the resultant silages when fed to cattle (Daniels et al., 1983). It was found to be a satisfactory supplemental protein source for lactating dairy cattle (Sitorus et al., 1980).

Dehydrated broiler litter was fed (0, 15, 30, 40 %) to fattening beef with not negative affects of performance observed, but carcass lean increased and carcass fat declined (Kraszewski, 1983 [?]). Poultry litter waste was found to be a satisfactory source of supplemental protein in growing lambs (Tahir et al., 1987). Composed cage layer waste was fed to ewes and lambs (0, 5.7 %, 11.4 %, 23.8 %, 32.7 %) and was found to be a satisfactory supplemental protein source (Meneses et al., 1992). Broiler litter replaced 50 % of the supplemental protein provided by soybean meal with no depression in performance in goats (Mavimbela, 1988).

Other materials

Activated sewage can be fed to ruminants up to 8%. The crude protein digestibility for ruminants is about 55%.

Droppings from birds or bats contain up to 10% nitrogen and are rich in phosphorus (up to 5% for fish-eating birds). For ruminants it can be used as a nonprotein nitrogen source. It should be used in the same way as urea and usually gives the same response.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Some things may be as they appear, but the majority of things are not.

I need to brush up on the subject as I haven't visited it since last year, but if there's one thing I don't do as a rule, is trust these corporations.

I'm sure I could say plenty about the nature of McDonalds but there's an internet load full of science experiments and meme's out there, so I don't intend to.

Doc, I don't eat things I pet.

Btw, Comic's to 'Beef' Burgers, lol!

ETA: I'm not stating that McDonalds ARE using horse in their burgers, but I am stating that I highly doubt they are 'just beef'. That may not be clear from my previous wording, but it is what I meant.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
I'd not worry so much about it being horsemeat. It's not going to kill you as fast as the grade D beef they openly sell you.

No, I'd worry about the fries, which are grown from potatoes that the farmers won't eat themselves. That, and the fact that the fries don't even taste like they are made from potato when cool.

And have you seen a thawed "milkshake"? holy hell.

Feed me a horseburger any day.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Exactly what Yellow just said.

Plus, I don't know what their advertising is like in the US but they make us a lot of promises over here in the UK about all their products being the best of British produce.

Things just don't add up.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
They don't lie about it here. Well, ads are ads. No one expects truth in advertising. But the rest is readily available information.

StevenM

beep
Local time
Today 4:59 PM
-->
I think the burgers are 100% beef, but there has been a leak to stay away from the chicken burgers as they are imported, and pink slime.

Also, McDonald's has a secret menu with items that can be ordered, such as the Monster Mac, McLeprechaun, Land, Sea, and Air Burger, and the McGangbang.
~ http://secretmenus.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/

I'm honest when I say I haven't eaten McD or BurgerKing in years. Only because things tasted stale.

Yellow

for the glory of satan
Local time
-->
I have a client that talks almost constantly about his job at McD's and he hasn't mentioned secret menu items like ever...... Dude's been holding out, apparently.

He mostly talks about health issues. Like the fact that gloves are optional, and everyone goes straight from mopping or cleaning the line to making food with no gloves or handwashing inbetween. Stopping to be sanitary wastes time and annoys managers, or so he claims.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 4:59 AM
-->

McDonald's seems to be legit as far as the US FDA is concerned. I only found two cases recalling some items that were used on their products. One is the recall of some choco products that has undeclared sulfites and the other is some waffle mixes with undeclared eggs.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
That would carry some weight if the FDA it's self was legit. :king-twitter:

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Some things may be as they appear, but the majority of things are not.

I need to brush up on the subject as I haven't visited it since last year, but if there's one thing I don't do as a rule, is trust these corporations.

I'm sure I could say plenty about the nature of McDonalds but there's an internet load full of science experiments and meme's out there, so I don't intend to.

Doc, I don't eat things I pet.

Btw, Comic's to 'Beef' Burgers, lol!

ETA: I'm not stating that McDonalds ARE using horse in their burgers, but I am stating that I highly doubt they are 'just beef'. That may not be clear from my previous wording, but it is what I meant.

Mistrusting people and things for no good reason is unwise. Not that I advocate blind trust, of course, but skepticism needs to be reigned in with reason and logic in order to be useful at all. Walking around not trusting anyone means you die hungry and homeless, because you never take a job.

If you come up with a reason to distrust a corporation based solely on the fact they're a corporation, okay, but generally speaking it's true that lies cost more than truth. Things are more often mishandled or overlooked than purposefully malicious. Yes, corporations are out to make money, to get your money from you, but you stop spending money on them when they lose your trust.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I have a client that talks almost constantly about his job at McD's and he hasn't mentioned secret menu items like ever...... Dude's been holding out, apparently.

He mostly talks about health issues. Like the fact that gloves are optional, and everyone goes straight from mopping or cleaning the line to making food with no gloves or handwashing inbetween. Stopping to be sanitary wastes time and annoys managers, or so he claims.

Ah well, at least in my brief stint with Burger King (10 weeks) they were strict with that stuff, you'd think we were in Army dorms. When the mangers aren't on shift you are relying on the staff, but we were an honest bunch. Can't speak for the whole of BK tho, we were just one store.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Mistrusting people and things for no good reason is unwise. Not that I advocate blind trust, of course, but skepticism needs to be reigned in with reason and logic in order to be useful at all. Walking around not trusting anyone means you die hungry and homeless, because you never take a job.

If you come up with a reason to distrust a corporation based solely on the fact they're a corporation, okay, but generally speaking it's true that lies cost more than truth. Things are more often mishandled or overlooked than purposefully malicious. Yes, corporations are out to make money, to get your money from you, but you stop spending money on them when they lose your trust.

Hence why they are spending all their money on top lawyers and not top produce..??

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Yes. They're scared of the consumer. Mislabel something that someone may be allergic to, and there's a huge suit on your hands. Without proper warnings, one old lady will get two million dollars.

Yes, that's why they pay for the lawyers and.

Who goes to fast food for top notch products? You think anyone's deluding themselves into thinking people go to McDonald's to lose weight? No, top-notch products are not a concern, so long as the products actually are what they say they are.

Pyropyro

Magos Biologis
Local time
Tomorrow 4:59 AM
-->
That would carry some weight if the FDA it's self was legit. :king-twitter:

That's a very strong statement. May I ask for references to support that claim?

I want either legal documents proving that the FDA isn't working in its capacity or journal articles that provides the same.

Honestly though, you should listen to SpaceYeti.

Hence why they are spending all their money on top lawyers and not top produce..??

They're not in that business. per the 2014 McDonald's Annual Budget:

The Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries generally do not supply food, paper or related items to any McDonald's restaurants.

Additionally, the company's operating costs were focused on food, payroll and operating costs. I cannot find a substantive amount of money that was dedicated to legal actions.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Lol, what you want and what you get are two different things.
There's a very strong case for the statement that I made, and I'm sure most the Americans here would agree. Go google it yourself :)

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
I actually probably would, or at least go purchase a gas mask :D

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Sinny: Any and all large bodies are a group of liars who actively attempt to deceive and harm us!
Everyone else: That's not profitable.
Sinny: It's not about money, it's about malicious intent! Corporations don't care about profit if they can cause harm!

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
False extrapolations again... And you call us conspiracy nuts unreasonable. :facepalm:

I suppose you think Bin Laden organised 9/11 too....

Anyway, I stand by my world view, there are bigger, better and smarter people than you who share my views.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Whatever, I don't need to convince a cows udder.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
Tomorrow 6:59 AM
-->
But if you can't even convince a cow's udder, how can you convince real people?!?!

I think that you actually do need to convince a cow's udder. There's no doubt about the importance of that.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
If his occupation of soldier is legitimate, I have no interest in changing his world view.
Pawn in the game.

And convince people of what?
That I believe there's more to corporatocracy than profit?
Money is paper and make belief digits, if you think the accumilation of paper and digits is the end goal, you're sorely mislead IMO.

My views are widely argued across the web, I don't and wont waste my virtual breath in saying what's already been said.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
That's probably not the way I'd try and convince the udder.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
If I was going to have prolonged interaction with an udder, I wouldn't be convincing it, I'd be milking it. An occupation he's already in apparently.

I'm not in the business of 'convincing' people, I'm in the business of sharing my insights and allowing them to be heard. What do I care if idots can't see the wood for the tree's?

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
So would you talk softly to Yeti's udder as you milk it? Just trying to get a good visual of this whole situation.

SpaceYeti

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
If his occupation of soldier is legitimate, I have no interest in changing his world view.

It is legitimate, but it's also history. Want to see my DD214?

Pawn in the game.

That's actually entirely accurate. They put chemicals in our food and water in order to wipe free thought from our minds. They then brainwash us by making us do fifty push-ups whenever we say anything unpatriotic or even vaguely counter to Conservative US values. That's why I now believe in God and Jesus and think every military campaign we've been part of is perfectly justified, and why I have a seething rage towards homosexuals and think abortion is murder. Ever read the Soldier's Creed, the NCO's creed, or any of those? They make us repeat them both every single morning (the latter only if you're an NCO), and they're nothing bu propaganda about corporate America's innate righteousness.

Then we drink a good ole American Coca-Cola.
That I believe there's more to corporatocracy than profit?
Money is paper and make belief digits, if you think the accumilation of paper and digits is the end goal, you're sorely mislead IMO.

Yeah, sure, they also want to brainwash people with the same chemicals the military used on me to get me to see things more clearly and more rightly, to make a zombie army!

Not sure what the zombie army's for, yet.

My views are widely argued across the web, I don't and wont waste my virtual breath in saying what's already been said.

9/11 being an inside job, Steve jobs, Michael Jackson, and Elvis still being alive, big Pharma having the cure for cancer but not releasing it so they make more profit, anti-vaccination, and crystal healing are all also widely argued online. That doesn't lend them an ounce of credence, though. Bring evidence or your argument has no weight. Shit or get off the pot.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
Today 10:59 PM
-->
False extrapolations again... And you call us conspiracy nuts unreasonable. :facepalm:

I suppose you think Bin Laden organised 9/11 too....

Anyway, I stand by my world view, there are bigger, better and smarter people than you who share my views.

inferior Ni everywhere

do you even understand why your argument fails?

Local time
-->
That's a very strong statement. May I ask for references to support that claim?

I want either legal documents proving that the FDA isn't working in its capacity or journal articles that provides the same.
http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/cent...rug-companies-influence-FDA.html#.VcurRPlViko

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/agencysum.php?id=135

http://lobbydata.com/Directory/Agency/Food-Drug-Administration-Fda

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20150516/MAGAZINE/305169956

Also, FDA isn't the only agency involved in the context of this thread. USDA too.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
It is legitimate, but it's also history. Want to see my DD214?

That's actually entirely accurate. They put chemicals in our food and water in order to wipe free thought from our minds. They then brainwash us by making us do fifty push-ups whenever we say anything unpatriotic or even vaguely counter to Conservative US values. That's why I now believe in God and Jesus and think every military campaign we've been part of is perfectly justified, and why I have a seething rage towards homosexuals and think abortion is murder. Ever read the Soldier's Creed, the NCO's creed, or any of those? They make us repeat them both every single morning (the latter only if you're an NCO), and they're nothing bu propaganda about corporate America's innate righteousness.

Then we drink a good ole American Coca-Cola.

Yeah, sure, they also want to brainwash people with the same chemicals the military used on me to get me to see things more clearly and more rightly, to make a zombie army!

Not sure what the zombie army's for, yet.

9/11 being an inside job, Steve jobs, Michael Jackson, and Elvis still being alive, big Pharma having the cure for cancer but not releasing it so they make more profit, anti-vaccination, and crystal healing are all also widely argued online. That doesn't lend them an ounce of credence, though. Bring evidence or your argument has no weight. Shit or get off the pot.

Real late to the party on this one. But the mere fact that you would lump 9/11 in with the 'celebrities that are still alive' conspiracies says all that is needed to be known in regards to your own critical thinking.

Evidence that 911 was an inside job is in abundance - just ask your fellow Patriots, presuming you are one.

Typical straw man tactics - don't wash on me.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
inferior Ni everywhere

do you even understand why your argument fails?

And you.

Enlighten me.

If my Ni be inferior, who's would be superior?
Yours?

*raises eyebrow*.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
And you.

Enlighten me.

If my Ni be inferior, who's would be superior?
Yours?

*raises eyebrow*.

There is no such thing as horse meat in Mac Donalds, what a stupid idea. Of course there have been no particles of horse in Mac Donalds.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Yea I did clarify that that was NOT the point I was making, like on page one. But I would also challenge your authority on making absolutist comments such as 'theres no such thing' and 'that's stupid'.

Brontosaurie

Banned
Local time
-->
Yea I did clarify that that was NOT the point I was making, like on page one. But I would also challenge your authority on making absolutist comments such as 'theres no such thing' and 'that's stupid'.

Mac Donalds has no horse in it. Do you copy? There has been absolutely no horse present in Mac Donalds. Mac Donalds holds many things, but horse cannot possibly be one of them. And so on.

You may chill; i'm on your side and simply mocking the non-believers.

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
You may chill; i'm on your side and simply mocking the non-believers.

Thank god for that, I'm all out of energy.
About to attempt a shift whilst I'm dead in my feet :storks:

Top Bottom