• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Thought for the Day.

Wolf

"I solve problems."
Local time
Today 2:45 PM
-->
As I sat here puffing my peace pipe, someone far away started yelling at me and calling me lazy.

"I'm not lazy." I thought. "I'm a Sim. And there's just nobody up there to click me."

the-sims-2-university-20050125111248349.jpg

Absurdity

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:45 PM
-->
This just inspired me to reinstall the Sims 2 on my computer.

I am sure much amusement and very little productive work will result.

Thank you/damn you

7even

Local time
Today 11:45 PM
-->
Pretty sure I'm being controlled... but whoever's clicking is probably on crack. You can't even imagine the number of times my bladder meter was full and the guy up above didn't click; messy stuff.

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 10:45 AM
-->
I don't understand why people like that game, it's a chore.

Maybe if it was largely automated and my role was to merely influence the narrative taking place, I might enjoy that, manipulating their agency to my own designs, basically take away all the controls that you do have and replace them with the controls that you don't, e.g. You can't tell them where to go or what to do, they do all that by themselves, but you can make two (or just one) of them fall in love, now they won't act on it immediately but they'll know, you'll know and if they're a brother & sister they won't want anyone else to know or even each other to know, so you just sit back and watch the drama unfold as they're drawn to each other yet desperately keeping the secret to themselves.

I think the point of the game would be to play with all their emotions until the previously happy loving family decide to kill each other.

This is partly why I'm an atheist btw.

P.H.

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
Local time
Today 10:45 PM
-->
I only liked building the houses. Then I would play it for ten minutes and start building a new house.

hablahdoo

Local time
Today 5:45 PM
-->
Thought of the day: Causation isn't so special. It's just an important sounding way of saying we perceive a 100% correlation between two occurrences over time. If you were to look at time in reverse our perception of the world would be dramatically different.

A ripple in a lake could cause any physical object to fly out of it.
Furry decayed flesh could cause a living creature.

Shit. I'm not going to be able to sleep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom