• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

This forum is so warm

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
Yesterday 5:04 PM
-->
This forum is probably the nicest community I've ever found online. We're supposedly robotic, cold, analytical, and depressed.. but empathy seems to be a reigning characteristic here.

I've felt slightly less than human my entire life. Perhaps in some ways this forum has reinforced that feeling, but I have an odd hunch that we as a community might just be the most human. Whatever that means. :confused:

flow

Audiophile/Insomniac
Local time
Yesterday 6:04 PM
-->
I agree. We intp's are thoughtful concerning people. I wish I stumbled across communities like this IRL. Being such a rare breed can be somewhat disheartening at times.. this place is truly a sanctuary!

Perseus

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
On Christmas Day I met someone I had not seen for some time, and although I did not know him very well, he was definitely a INTP, but not so extreme as me on the Perception level. He was |Golden Boy who married well (not a Pony girl?). He was with a INFJ and they were in the computer business. I had a bad cold and I was pissed (slightly drunk, English term) which happens rather easily with me. Especially, with my chronic (disaster zone) relationship problems.

Was Casanova an INTP?

More likely an INFP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Duty

Local time
Yesterday 7:04 PM
-->
I have to agree, the short time I've been here I've enjoyed this forum. It is welcoming.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
Agreed. I'm often accused of being a cold heartless robot when in reality, I can be playful, loving, and empathetic if I'm in an encouraging environment. I love you guys! :D

Raku

Local time
Today 1:04 AM
-->
Agree, but sometimes I'm too caught up in stuff to find my way back here.

Is it a coincidence this thread/feeling emerged around christmas btw? Days like this tend to bring people closer and actively seek out eachother, at least more than usual.

What I like the most is everybodys openness towards ... basicly everything here.

grey matters

The Old Grey Silly One
Local time
-->
In an environment where people are polite and respectful to the thing that we all value most, (our intellect) things like warmth and the sharing of personal things is possible. So long as we maintain this respect, even to things we disagree with, we should also maintain our warmth. Oh, and I also should mention the efforts of our beautiful butterfly LOR, you add so much to the warmth of this forum and at the same time kick our ass when we get out of line.

Snail

Harem Manager
Local time
-->
I was actually surprised to find so many non-scary INTPs here.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
Okay, break it up. You all will need to take this to the ARENA either for some hugs or some NoID10ts brand therapy. O_o

(Oh, by the way, if anyone really wants to feel warm I can recommend some lotions for happy time or perhaps some incendiary devices for sad time)

:D

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
Yesterday 8:04 PM
-->
But NoID10ts, you are one of the major reasions, if not the reason, this forum is so warm and fuzzy.
In fact, I really think that you're just a cute lil' Care Bear in disguise...

careBear.gif

...btw, glad to see you back :D

Thread Killer

Never-Around Member
Local time
-->
I agree that this is a very good community in terms of kindness, civility, and intellectual discussion combined. It's the best from any forum I have seen.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
NoID10ts said:
Well I agree with the warm and fuzzy part, but probably not in the way you mean.

Beaver-pelt condoms don't count as 'warm and fuzzy'. :D

Anticitizen

Local time
-->
I just discovered the forum and this is the first thread I have read: indeed, this is the first post I have made. Judging by the premise of this thread, I am pleased say I have something to look forward to.

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
_________

Aw, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. We're really not as unemotional as people might think.
. . .I mean, I think we generally care about each other. . .
What? Who said that?
:D <--------- I'm blaming that guy. He's a creeper.

I do wish I posted here more often though. I just don't have the motivation. I hope I don't disappear. . . ):
Maybe I can post more after I get back from my trip, when I have access to a computer again. (Currently I'm on my grandmother's computer...briefly...and it has dial-up...)

Artifice Orisit

This forum is probably the nicest community I've ever found online. We're supposedly robotic, cold, analytical, and depressed.. but empathy seems to be a reigning characteristic here.

I've felt slightly less than human my entire life. Perhaps in some ways this forum has reinforced that feeling, but I have an odd hunch that we as a community might just be the most human. Whatever that means. :confused:

I hate abiding the conventions of humanity, but I can't escape the fact that do mean something to my heart.
This forum has served to bridge the gap between my heart and mind.
But I'm still not sure if that is a good thing, I liked being cold, being certain.

Anling

Local time
-->
I have also been enjoying the friendliness of this forum for the short time I have been here. I certainly like this place more than any other I've been online. It is nice to feel safe to share ideas, even if I haven't done much of that yet.

Sapphire Harp

Local time
-->
I think, as a type, we really like to be patient, listen fully, think, and then respond - and appreciate similar treatment from others.

I know I was rather annoyed over the holidays when I tried to have a thoughtful discussion with my sister who constantly interrupted me to respond, thinking she knew where I was going. Usually she'd be wrong 3 or 4 times before I could finish a thought.

zxc

Most Excellent
Local time
Today 10:04 AM
-->
I do love this forum very much, and all of you. I should post more often, I guess, and more than just two lines per post, but just reading the threads is enough to make my day <3

edit: Joined on June 23, 232 posts, 1.23 posts per day, my homepage is twentythree.co.uk, and my skype is zxc23_. :eek::eek::D:D:D

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 1:04 PM
-->
I hate abiding the conventions of humanity, but I can't escape the fact that do mean something to my heart.
This forum has served to bridge the gap between my heart and mind.
But I'm still not sure if that is a good thing, I liked being cold, being certain.

A chink in the robot armour!

*drags Cognisant to the hug thread*

Um... imagine if we emoted in off-line life. :eek:

Face it. We're all too soft, squishy and innocent to survive.

I loves this forum.

shadowmouse

Time? What is this?
Local time
-->
The warmth we speak of is the ever lost light of clear expression and mutual understanding. We have stood each as individuals before the howling chaos of the world created by others and rejected it in favor of a collaborative creation that better suits our needs as people. This forum is its avatar. It is inherent in our nature to love that which is around us for the simple fact of its existence so that we may better understand it. This place is the connection we never had to others that can see the beauty in the simplicity of truth.

Tis a shame I, for one, still feel isolated despite the ambiance. Too many years of lies and trickery in a vain attempt to make me fit the square hole in a round manner i guess. I hope I breach my own paranoia and learn to trust that my ideas truly are accepted here rather than simple patronized......

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 1:04 PM
-->
And I think I may be in love with those words^

They are indeed the most expressively true representations of the facts as I understand them (that I recall having read) regarding the nature of our meeting here and our place, this forum.

And it takes time to feel a little safer.

Waterstiller

... runs deep
Local time
-->
I almost replied that Shadowmouse's post was romantic yesterday. But I got post shy.

Top Bottom