• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Why Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
Today 5:01 AM
-->
The obvious answer would be, "Why not?", thus posing the question. "When?".

Sparrow

Banned
Local time
-->
Because. :phear:

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Because "Why?" or because "Why not?"?

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->
Because "Why?" implies investigation.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 10:01 PM
-->
Do many 'whys' make one wise?

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Where's the "how?" club? I'm tired of "why". How can I stop asking why?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:01 AM
-->
I think "how" is a more productive question than "why"... but seeing that this forum is more for the hopeless idealists, "why" seems more appropriate.

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
-->
I prefer why over how. Hm, perhaps that could be an indication of personality. Perhaps if you favor the questions with "how", you are Directive? Perhaps if you prefer why then you're a Perceiver?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I prefer why over how. Hm, perhaps that could be an indication of personality. Perhaps if you favor the question with "how", you are Directive? Perhaps if you prefer why then your a Perceiver?

Not that I am competent in mbti, I guess adymeus (spelling) could answer this question.. but I would presume that "how" would be linked with J and "why" with P

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
Hmm. Seeing as Polaris posted in the depression-thread, I would think there is a different meaning to her post...

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hmm. Seeing as Polaris posted in the depression-thread, I would think there is a different meaning to her post...

.......very perceptive, Minuend..........

You deserve some bats for that:

:smiley_emoticons_mr

and throw in a lucky elephant:

:elephant:

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 10:01 AM
-->
Neat! All my previous dungeon-bats died during the ventilation problem. I should really get someone to clean there more often >_>

s0nystyle

La la la la la!
Local time
Today 2:01 AM
-->
I think "how" is a more productive question than "why"... but seeing that this forum is more for the hopeless idealists, "why" seems more appropriate.

i find the "why" to be more productive since it gives insight into the individual's motives. "how" someone kills themselves means nothing to me, but rather why, why throw your life away, why give up everything you've worked for, why burden those closest to you with the grief of your loss and the cost of your funeral?

"why" enables one to understand someone's past motives, and hopefully their future motives as well. I just believe that this is more important than the "how".

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
If we ask why it helps to get an answer now and then. Hence whence doth an answer cometh forth, how does it come about, what answers are worthwhile, when are we going to get them and where will they be posted?

echoplex

Happen.
Local time
-->
Could it be said that there is really no such thing as 'why'? I mean, sure, there is usually an immediate 'why' in any given situation. Why eat? hunger. Why sleep? Tired, etc... But ultimately, if life, the universe, etc. has no objective purpose, then don't we eventually run out of 'why's if we ask enough questions? We do most things for pleasure and/or survival, on some level, be it individual or group, but what is the ultimate purpose for those things? If there is none, is there a 'why' at all? Eventually, it seems that everything becomes one big 'just because', which is okay, but it does make life a bit sad for people who like to ask questions.

Nevermind.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
Could it be said that there is really no such thing as 'why'? I mean, sure, there is usually an immediate 'why' in any given situation. Why eat? hunger. Why sleep? Tired, etc... But ultimately, if life, the universe, etc. has no objective purpose, then don't we eventually run out of 'why's if we ask enough questions? We do most things for pleasure and/or survival, on some level, be it individual or group, but what is the ultimate purpose for those things? If there is none, is there a 'why' at all? Eventually, it seems that everything becomes one big 'just because', which is okay, but it does make life a bit sad for people who like to ask questions.

Nevermind.
echoplex if I try to ask what why means I think of this:

Why is asking about either causes or where we are going. Sure the big why may have no answer, but the little whys are very practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom