• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The three most interesting cities in Europe

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:44 PM
-->
Ok so I'm going on a short Eurotrip next month and I figure I have time to visit three cities. What are the three most interesting cities in Europe to visit? (for an INTP in particular, of course). At this stage, I'm leaning towards Paris, Barcelona and Berlin...

Words

Only 1 1-F.
Local time
Today 5:44 AM
-->
I figured someone would call Amsterdam. I think its interesting because of how different I view it as.

I'd suggest somewhere south eastern; somewhere less-noticed; the less advertised tourist spots. Its all about the surprise.

UppyDownyMouth

Giant Squid
Local time
-->
Really depends what you are looking for. What interests you? Are you from England? If not then why not London. Otherwise Barcelona, Florence, Venice, Helsinki, Prague, Athens?

Beat Mango

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Oh yeah well I'll be in Athens for the bulk of my holiday anyway, this is just a short detour. Somewhere cultured, historical, intellectual, busy, perhaps a little introverted and most importantly, sharply in contrast to the duhh airhead outdooriness of Sydney, or Australia in general.

UppyDownyMouth

Giant Squid
Local time
-->
Oh yeah well I'll be in Athens for the bulk of my holiday anyway, this is just a short detour. Somewhere cultured, historical, intellectual, busy, perhaps a little introverted and most importantly, sharply in contrast to the duhh airhead outdooriness of Sydney, or Australia in general.

Barcelona for sure is one of the best places I've visited, and for culture history and intelect (well more philosophical intelect) I don't think you can do better than Italy. Roma, Venezia, Firenze are all fantastic imo

warryer

and Heimdal's horn sounds
Local time
Today 1:44 AM
-->
I was going to suggest Athens.

-Stockholm
-Prague
-Moscow
-Rome
-Venice

I plan on seeing these places sometime in my life.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
Yesterday 10:44 PM
-->
Bilbao Spain. It's in the Basque country. It's got the Guggenheim

ckm

still swimming
Local time
-->
I can only list cities I want to see. They are Prague, Venice and Munich.

shoeless

I AM A WIZARD
Local time
-->
i went to prague once. i was like eight.

all i remember is our car getting jacked and a bunch of homeless amputees.

Infinite Regress

Local time
-->
Barcelona is awesome. I'd add Valencia, would've added Amsterdam - but I went a few years ago. The word is that they have cleaned up a lot since and now its very mainstream.

If you're in Greece and like the clubbing scene, you have to hit the islands.

BM, I felt the same way about syd when I left, but realized how good Oz is once I was on the road.

Subotai

Local time
Today 6:44 AM
-->
Bruges? ( rather small compared to the others i guess )
I wouldn't go to venice because a friend mine went on a holiday there and he said the city smells afwull because everyone dumps their waste in the canals.

Luminates

Local time
-->
I consider Barcelona and Venice a must see. I would go to those two places first if I was to ever take a trip to Europe. Paris is also a grand destination, but not because it's a tourist trap. Behind all of that food (which i'm sure is really good) and entertainment, there is a rather decent quantity of history there. From what I know, the scenery is second to none as well. Even below the surface is full of enriched and detailed information that INTP's are bound to enjoy.

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->
Steinkjer, Drøbak and Flekkefjord is pretty much where it's at.

Dormouse

Mean can be funny
Local time
-->
Florence is quite nice...

Sadly, I haven't been much anywhere else in Europe.

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 6:44 PM
-->

Well, then definitely Berlin. Germany in general is very interesting. Copenhagen, Stockholm and Gothenburg are great. Gdansk in Poland. London is always a winner. Haven't been further south in Europe much, but would definitely consider Prague and Vienna. Maybe even Rome or Venice, very culture and history overload.......

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
Just google-imaged Prague - WOW. I think it might have to been the list. And as I just found out, the old Bohemia.

If you have a taste for beer Anthony Bourdain tells me they have the best beer in the world.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
I personally think Australian boutique beer is brilliant.

Ha! Well, I happen to think that the microbreweries of the Pacific Northwestern United States are awesome! ;)

Barcelona and Paris will be neat.

Subotai

Local time
-->
Heretics!

Find salvation in belgian beer!
Or you will burn in hell for all of eternity!
:twisteddevil:

Nevermind

aus dem nix
Local time
Today 12:44 AM
-->
If you like graffiti, art, alcohol, and history, then I highly recommend Berlin.
When you get there, go on the free "Alternative tour", which shows off the less-seen side of the city including much of it's artsy culture and featuring a stop at a "legal drug bar" called the "Spacebar" where you can get absinthe among many stranger things.
As for history..there are many places where you can still see bullet holes and other damages as result of WWII. Plus the cold war stuff and the remains of the Berlin wall. It's a very culturally rich city, plus it's cheaper than most other big European cities, which is why artists find it so appealing.

Top Bottom