• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The social club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:24 AM
-->
This club is sorta like a midday hangout getting a cup of coffee at a random coffee bar.
*takes a sip of his latte, looking around for someone to talk to, feeling in the mood to get to know some new, interesting people*

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
mmm...latte :kilroy:

*sees kantor staring at him and hides behind his book*

EDIT: best 1000th post ever :slashnew:

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
*sees cog and in lack of anyone else to socialize with he seeks his opportunity and walks over*

"Hi there sir:) Mind if I sit down? What are you reading there?"

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Yesterday 10:24 PM
-->
*pulls up a chair*

Politics anyone?

EKwiy.jpg

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Hello there! Interesting, it's really unusual for someone to just pull up a chair, sit next to strangers and the first uttering being "politics":) Is this the first time you have done something like this? As a matter of fact, I just sat down with this person my self, someone totally unknown to my self *gives a smile to cog*, do you guys know each other?

Sosekopp

Local time
Today 6:24 AM
-->
*pulls up a chair and sits down among the three strangers*

Hi.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
I usually don't, but I figured "What the hey, these two look like a couple of fine gentlemen". Nice to meet you, the name's ESC, Ph.D.

*Sosekopp sits down*

Hello there, my good man.

*Takes a puff of cigar and blows smoke*

So, you three would be interested in discussing current events, no?

Cogwulf

Is actually an INTJ
Local time
-->
"Hi there sir:) Mind if I sit down? What are you reading there?"

An heretic volume of unimaginable horror, so terrible that no mortal mind could ever grasp its' true nature. :twisteddevil:

It's actually quite enjoyable, they've got a couple more copies at the local library if you want to read it.

Politics anyone?

No thank you, I've got some already.

Sosekopp

Local time
-->
So, you three would be interested in discussing current events, no?
I'm interested! Do you have any specific current event in mind?

gruesomebrat

Biking in pursuit of self...
Local time
Today 1:24 AM
-->
*walks into cafe, notices it's empty except for a small group of strange, scholarly types huddled in the corner*

Ahem, excuse me, gentlemen. Did you notice the closed sign on the front door? Is the cafe actually closed, or are the owners just trying to keep this place exclusive?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
That book sounds rather interesting. Is it still enjoyable even though you can't grasp it's true nature? How do you know that that true nature exists if no mortal mind can comprehend it? *said with a sarcastic, but friendly, smile*
What horror is it about?

Oh, and hi there sir! *looking at rosenkopp still unknowing of his name*

So, Eyesee, I guess politics and current events gives you the kicks? ;)
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but politics have never been my cup of tea *takes another sip of his coffee*. I don't know why, it's so much theater and so little truth to be found. Perhaps I'm mistaken. Regarding current events, I don't read too much newspapers. We two sure are destined to be the perfect match aren't we? :P but ok! What current events do you have in mind?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
*suddenly notices the guy with the glasses* ha. ha. ha. Very funny sir:P Why don't you have a sit down? You look like an interesting enough fellow. What do you do? You look like an academic to me! Must be cool to wear glasses, you instantly get that intellectual look:)

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
No thank you, I've got some already.
I'd like to think you can never have enough.

I'd like to discuss Ron Paul's and Donald Trump's involvement in the presidential candidacy.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/14/ron-paul-bashes-trump-for-cpac-comment/

It seems media mogul Donald Trump is Ron Paul's ace in the hole to gain popularity and take the presidency. Much similar to Obama's election campaign against John McCain and his running mate Sarah Palin.

gruesomebrat

Local time
-->
*suddenly notices the guy with the glasses* ha. ha. ha. Very funny sir:P Why don't you have a sit down? You look like an interesting enough fellow. What do you do? You look like an academic to me! Must be cool to wear glasses, you instantly get that intellectual look:)
An academic? Are you trying to insult me?
Although... people continually seem to get that impression from me. Perhaps the glasses are at fault, but I must admit, I can't see not wearing them.

I'd like to discuss Ron Paul's and Donald Trump's involvement in the presidential candidacy.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-cpac-comment/

It seems media mogul Donald Trump is Ron Paul's ace in the hole to gain popularity and take the presidency. Much similar to Obama's election campaign against John McCain and his running mate Sarah Palin.
I'm not sure I see the correlation. Obama's appeal was that he would be the first black President, Palin's that she would be the first woman in a position of power in America... a vote for Trump would be a vote for the same "old white guy" stereotype people have of politics.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
But wait a minute eyes, you have a ph.d? I'm not from the states, as you probably can tell, so I wonder, how many years is that in the states? Are you a teacher now?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
An academic? Are you trying to insult me?
Although... people continually seem to get that impression from me. Perhaps the glasses are at fault, but I must admit, I can't see not wearing them.
How is that insulting? Relax, have yourself a beer.

gruesomebrat

Local time
-->
I'd love a beer. Got any Molson?

ESC, when did you get your doctorate? I wasn't even aware you were a philosopher, much less a doctor of philosophy.

EvilScientist Trainee

Science Advisor
Local time
Today 2:24 AM
-->
*Walks in front of the cafe, noticing it's newly open*

Thought: Wow, I really would like to buy something to drink right now.

*Notices a group of people chatting up in the corner, talking about politics, I guess.*
*Takes a seat far from the group, admiring the nice breeze running outside.*

Thought: Winter is almost over. I can't wait to see the flowers blooming.

*Overhears Kantor mentioning beer*

Thought: I'd totally like a beer. After I'm mildly drunk, I may socialize with these fellows over there.

*Asks for a beer*
*Sigh*

Thought: This place has a very nice decoration. It's quite noir-ish.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
*Notices something through the corner of my eye*
Hmm?? EST, is that you? Come on over and have a seat.

I'm not sure I see the correlation. Obama's appeal was that he would be the first black President, Palin's that she would be the first woman in a position of power in America... a vote for Trump would be a vote for the same "old white guy" stereotype people have of politics.
Trump is Ron Paul's Aggressor, I assume. Trump's own popularity and image would allow Ron Paul to gain some relevancy in current America therefore launching him to the forefront of the candidacy.

But wait a minute eyes, you have a ph.d? I'm not from the states, as you probably can tell, so I wonder, how many years is that in the states? Are you a teacher now?

ESC, when did you get your doctorate? I wasn't even aware you were a philosopher, much less a doctor of philosophy.

Well, sirs, I completed my program several years ago and have been practicing since. All in all it was a total 8 years. Why 8? I enjoyed the material so much, I forgot to get good marks! Haha, academia joke there.

But no I'm not a professor, I'm a traveler - spiritual.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
*Tries to take a sip from his cup suddenly noticing the lack of any consumable liquid* Dang it. *Looks over at gruesombrat currently enjoying his first beer.* "hmm.. Isn't this a little too early" kantor mumbles to himself being slightly embarrassed by saying it slightly louder than intended. Then a newly arrived stranger catches his eye. From the looks of it he seems a little uncomfortable. Looking over at the stranger slurping down his beer like he hadn't had anything to drink in quite a while, couldn't help but bring out a smile on Kantor's face.

"Hey, bartender! I'd like a beer, please."

EvilScientist Trainee

Science Advisor
Local time
-->
*Looks to the group, recognizing ESC*

- Wait a sec, i'll be there in a minute~!

*Gets up, and in clumsiness makes a lot of noise and accidentally hits the table with the knee. Instead of blushing, I make it looks like it was intended happen from the beggining, but no one buys it*
*Arrives at the group's table*

- Sorry, I couldn't help but overheard your conversation. Is it true that Donald Trump is running for the Oval Office's chair?

*Sits*

- Again, sorry, but I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Evil Scientist Trainee.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
*couldn't help but laugh at eyes joke. Something he'd rather have avoided seeing he had a large quantity of beer in his mouth*
A spiritual traveler? Could you elaborate on that? I can't help but to think of hallucinogens to be honest.

Oh, and hello evil scientist! A pleasure meeting you:)

gruesomebrat

Local time
-->
Don't worry, kantor. Somewhere in the world, it's after 5 o'clock. Like Toronto... where it's almost 9 o'clock. I'm still not too sure why there seems to be a time limit set on the consumption of alcohol. Why does society seem to say that drinking before work finishes is a bad thing to do?

gruesomebrat

Local time
-->
Hi, Trainee. Yeah, he's apparently dropping hints that he'll run for the Oval Office in '12... can you imagine? The United States might be run efficiently for once. God save us all.

EvilScientist Trainee

Science Advisor
Local time
-->
- Hallucinogens was the same thing I had in mind when I thought of 'spiritual-traveler'. But coming to think about it, aren't we all spiritual travelers in this world?

*turns to gruesome*

- I couldn't agree more. We should cheer for being able to get drunk anytime we wanted to.

About Trump - I hope the Mayans are right and the world ends before I see another celebrity on a position of power.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Don't worry, kantor. Somewhere in the world, it's after 5 o'clock. Like Toronto... where it's almost 9 o'clock. I'm still not too sure why there seems to be a time limit set on the consumption of alcohol. Why does society seem to say that drinking before work finishes is a bad thing to do?

Yes, interesting question. In my country you'll often be labeled a drunkard for drinking any other day other then friday and saturday and time wise it's after 6 mostly.
Drinking before work is finished I guess has more practical reasons I guess. However, not everyone is a brain surgeon so I can't see anything wrong with taking a beer during lunch brake if that's what you desire. I kinda hate the drinking culture in my country. Since most people don't drink other than friday - saturday, they drink so much these days they can barely stand, and people laying on the sidewalk puking isn't a rare sight. It is also expensive here, so people spend hours at home getting drunk before they go out to avoid having to drink much when they are out. It's a shame. In most other european countries, where alcohol prices are lower and the culture is different, alcohol isn't consumed the same way at all. People are often happy just going out and having a few beers as a social thing. It's not like here where the sole purpose of alcohol is to get as drunk as possible. It makes going out in the weekends here terrible.
How is the drinking culture in Canada?

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
- Hallucinogens was the same thing I had in mind when I thought of 'spiritual-traveler'. But coming to think about it, aren't we all spiritual travelers in this world?
Yes, I guess so, but I'm having some issues with the word spiritual. I guess because of the many different meanings it holds for different people I have conversed with. It also holds some negative associations for me in that that word has been misused so much.. thought I could be mistaken. I'm kinda boring in that I'm not too much into souls and spirits. I like the realm of anything created by our brains though, so I guess souls and spirits are a part of that too:)

gruesomebrat

Local time
-->
Drinking, like our politics, is mostly a mix between American and European culture. Everyone drinks, generally as a social thing, but the government has decided that we can't drink before a certain age. Because we have restricted drinking ages, those who are younger than that age drink (a) because they're told they can't, and (b) to get completely drunk. We get the best of the European world of drinking (helping social situations) and the worst of the Americans (teenage alcoholism, drunk teen driving, etc.)

Anyway, boys, I'm thinking it's almost time for me to move on to another bar... maybe a club or two. Maybe I'll come back tomorrow for some coffee to sober up.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Teenage alcoholism is probably common in every country where alcohol is the accepted drug. It's kinda funny though, as you pointed out, that I questioned myself having a beer because of the time of day. *takes a mouthful of beer with a temporally boosted conscience*
Cheers!
Do you have any inner voice questioning you whenever you drink at certain times?

Ah, you have to go. I see. Well, I guess we'll see you later then:)

Sosekopp

Local time
-->
Do you have any inner voice questioning you whenever you drink at certain times?

Always. My inner voice usually gets its will done, so I really don't drink very often.

kantor1003

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Always. My inner voice usually gets its will done, so I really don't drink very often.
Don't you worry, in time the voices telling you it's alright to have a beer will grow more convincing ;) It's funny how much one can change ones perception of whats good and bad, what will give you a bad or good conscience, within a matter of minutes. 5 minutes ago I would have felt bad drinking this beer, now I welcome it like a family member.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->
God, on an INTPforum?

You sir, are disgusting.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
*Gains consciousness from choking on beer during that joke*

God, on an INTPforum?

You sir, are disgusting.
I'd like to think God is a celebrity here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom