• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Random Thoughts Thread

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
Today 2:21 AM
-->
Objects in the mirror might look closer than they
Today's my last day of summer vacation :mad:

I would listen to William Shatner's beautiful music and such in 8th grade
Now I'm in 11th an I feel old
I can't imagine what it'll feel like feeling even older when I'm older

feels like everyone is looking at you from the shadows, always with a fucking latern they won't turn off, or was it just the glow of their eyes? can't tell
and your eyes beneath the surface of a crystal lake reflecting your rotten figure from above

this year i'm so dead.

Stu Chastic

math and guns are cool
Local time
Yesterday 7:21 PM
-->
Is this the place where I can complain about the skunk that just sprayed outside my window? Because I want to go to bed but I'm not sure I can now.

My recommended solution (for the future) is to smoke lots of marijuana after an event like this occurs, so you are unable to differentiate between the smell of the skunk and the weed.

Otherwise, not sure what you would do...

Nebulous

Local time
Yesterday 9:21 PM
-->
feels like everyone is looking at you from the shadows, always with a fucking latern they won't turn off, or was it just the glow of their eyes? can't tell
and your eyes beneath the surface of a crystal lake reflecting your rotten figure from above

this year i'm so dead.

That's rough buddy

:tinykitball:

I'm gonna be a juniorrrrr. How strange, it seems surreal..

If I start talking about cigarettes, cutting class or other shitty habits please smack my face. I don't have time for that shit

Any words of advice? I gotta sleep, not tie my stomach in knots

gator

Redshirt
Local time
-->
My recommended solution (for the future) is to smoke lots of marijuana after an event like this occurs, so you are unable to differentiate between the smell of the skunk and the weed.

Otherwise, not sure what you would do...
Not sure about the smell, but this might actually help me sleep.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
I can't sleeep :facepalm: its 1:00 in the morning and I've got school tomorrow. Ugghh
I tried ASMR, melatonin, meditation, friking hell I just want to go to sleep :,(((

-
Pfft I found a short cigarette holder on the ground (in a forest, not a gross parking lot or something) in Vermont the other week and thought it was cool so I nabbed it.
Pls don't smack me

But u can totally hit me in the head with something knock me out I need sleep ASAP, pronto, right now

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I can't sleeep :facepalm: its 1:00 in the morning and I've got school tomorrow. Ugghh
I tried ASMR, melatonin, meditation, friking hell I just want to go to sleep :,(((

Physical exercise.

Throw on some comfortable clothes and some running shoes. Run around the block a few times. Once the rush of endorphins has worn off, you'll sleep like a baby.

As someone who also has trouble sleeping from time to time, I cannot recommend this enough.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Ah pmj good advice

--
Guyssss I'm starting school today I'm spooked
Halppp

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
Today 3:21 AM
-->
I went to shop and bought 4 icecreams. nothing happend. fucking nothink never happen.
that shit of melancholy is in the air go fuckyourself sentimental neuropaths
i cannot think about any form of stimuli would shake my katatonic self.
I have monies should go and spend them have fun whats fun? dirty duchebags of humans.
didnt touch alco and drugs for 6 years except relanium. IM good im perfect. Geez.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
Damn fuck, the new Facebook design for phone app sucks soooooo much. I dunno who approved it or what were they doing, but it I'll be so nice to know the reasons.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
I have been thinking about saving all my posts to computer and make art with them in some way, some kind of abstract diary with illustrations, then sell it on internet as a book.
Might be harder and take more time than what I will have in 2 weeks.
But it can turn out beautifully.
Idea came from a friend who said she would buy a book with my philosophy of life for it is too punk.
Yeah could be a side project. Music. Diary. Art. Dying.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 11:21 AM
-->
I have been thinking about saving all my posts to computer and make art with them in some way, some kind of abstract diary with illustrations, then sell it on internet as a book.
Might be harder and take more time than what I will have in 2 weeks.
But it can turn out beautifully.
Idea came from a friend who said she would buy a book with my philosophy of life for it is too punk.
Yeah could be a side project. Music. Diary. Art. Dying.

Way ahead of you. I already have a curated collection of my top 3 TMB posts. See below.

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
I'm still a bit bent out of shape re: my telling off earlier this week. Long story short, my MD came to my site and kicked my arse. Why?

In his words, I'm doing a "Spectacular job" and my "Work ethic is admirable"... but I'm not using the team enough. He said that my workload is obscene and that I need to stop being a fucking idiot / delegate more.

Weird one. I never thought I'd see the day where being good at your job would land you a shit-canning.

I spoke to some friends about it who are better at understanding these things. They reckon it has to do with core competencies being met, and an MD will sure as shit need to encourage teamwork. Thing is, I'm an excellent team player. Truly... but my job is managing a remote site, alone. So that's what I do.

:confused:

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=7mpeD6QrnOQ

^ hurricane irma live
it's cool actually that you can hear the wind blowing in like stereo, can't tell if two sources or what, u open the window a bit and take out your shoes and it's like virtual reality
why is there people taking a bath? xD in spain that would be so illegal, they would make you pay around 500 or more

Rook

enter text
Local time
Today 4:21 AM
-->
birds are bipedal, as some other dinos were as well

huh

humans not so special now and fuck circus chimps too, fez-wearing pretentious bastards.

320x240.jpg

"Look how they use dead fish to make their metal cows run for them. How quaint."

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7QJ_jLam0

superb video, the guy who directed it is spanish, i paid for an animation course thaught by him (on his style) 1 year ago.
i have to get to his level somehow, obviously i don't mean copying his style but doing more animation for my stuff.
problem is it's so fucking tiring and you might spend 1 day doing 20 seconds or less. depends on many things. in that course, the guy said he spent his free time finding pictures and cutting them and rotoscoping old movies. so imagine.
he didn't even got his degree, he used to work as an assistant in some editorial (i felt identified) and he spent time doing collages, then he suddenly got paid for a job in some magazine, and then another, and then another and then some band asked him for a video, then he did stuff for national geographic, espn, more bands and now fucking green day.
it's crazy the amount of work it has. but it really says who's a master and who's just another shitty one.

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
another random note:

today i met two guys and we are planning to play music in the streets, but that's not what the story is about, well yeah, the girl is a comunist and the other guy is a fucking jonas brothers.
i'm like the sofisticated one so imagine XDDDDD
thing is we were talking about which songs to play, i said: we could try jamiroquai or stevie wonder stuff, they fucking blow your head, break your backbone, you feel like comiting suicide and then resurrecting, i didn't even notice but just in that moment they were staring at me like O_O hahah omg, i need to stop reading so much bullshit here. so awkward

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Yesterday 8:21 PM
-->

TheManBeyond

Banned
Local time
-->
i was listening to a song that says:
"you are gone and everyone has prospered,
there are some that also have missed you"

makes me think you are only alive when u don't miss anything
when you experience things with other person and that person goes away you might remember those experiences you lived, but you don't really miss that person. but when your life sucks your mind makes you believe you need that person.

also made me think if you could get attached emotionally with someone through words. like online relationships and stuff like that.
probably it's the same. you miss someone you didn't even know because your life sucks.
when life keeps regenerating you don't know anything else but what's in front of your nose.
so in a sense only the dead are able to feel. and then it has to be the purest form of feeling.

DAMN I MISS U SO MUCH ARCHITECT

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
the most interesing info about intpf users are delated posts or fragment of them.

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
Yesterday 3:21 PM
-->
I had a dream last night where I got raped...very ahh...jarring. Have no idea why my mind would go there or what the fuck that was supposed to be about...

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
the most interesing info about intpf users are delated posts or fragment of them.

ahhh, if only you could see all the posts that people wrote, but decided not to post too...I imagine that would be pretty interesting as well.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
I had a dream last night where I got raped...very ahh...jarring. Have no idea why my mind would go there or what the fuck that was supposed to be about...

Was it a wet dream?

Reluctantly

Resident disMember
Local time
-->
Was it a wet dream?

No. I guess I could have been a little horny or something and maybe that sparked my mind to go to a dark place. But I wasn't at all enjoying doing something against my will...fear and anxiety isn't exactly a turn-on...

I don't know whatever. It happened. It doesn't make sense. ehhh,

Supposedly the internet says it most likely has something to do with feeling dominated or something. Last week did kind of suck; I had a realization that the place I work at has a lot of people that work to undermine the people under them and will throw someone under the bus at the first chance they get. I did drink a lot this weekend because of it and am kind of planning to get another job or use my GI Bill to learn a vocation. Actually the place I'm at seems to have a lot of openings for mechanics that pay $20 to $30 per hour for a good mechanic willing to get ASE certified.

Actually, I'm going to make another drink.

Creeping Death

Consigliere
Local time
-->
Mechanic or welding would be an interesting vocation. I notice lots of demand for hvac last time I was job searching, but I'm not interested in that. I always hear that trade schools are the way to go to pretty much guarantee a job when you finish.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
someone censored my youtube link in visitor msg. :ahh:

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
"Meat grinder death scene Wang Yuanji" But why?

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

elemenop

Redshirt
Local time
-->

That's good. But I guess one can always claim that the beings who run the simulation have super powerful computers capable of running exponential-complexity algorithms. Nevertheless it is a good argument against naive Elon-Musk style reasoning like "our video games are so realistic, surely eventually they will be just like the real world"

Good to know! :cool:

I have to wonder how accurate the journalist's interpretation was. I clicked on the link to the scientists' article and the abstract doesn't suggest such far-reaching conclusions. For a start they limit their observations to "classical computational resources." That kind of tones down the sci-fi implications. I don't really understand all the jargon but they also emphasize that one of their central questions is unanswered. Comparatively, the journalist's summary of the study sounds more conclusive.

Cases like this always renew my skepticism about science journalism. Something major always seems lost in translation, which is frustrating to me, as a non-scientist who relies on such journalism for basic knowledge about such things.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 11:21 AM
-->
wow

0neKiwi

Unstable
Local time
-->
12 days reaped!

(Reference)

By self-observation, I have noticed that I judge many things from trivial details (especially character names in books, and what cars "look" like).

Google says that people do judge people by names (and I have caught myself doing so several times). Correlation does not mean causation, and I am probably biased, but it is plausible that names do give some... vibe.

Personally I'd think that Williams are round in an indescribable way, that Sophia is the center of attention and etc. These do have personal experiences attached, but such associations are hard to get rid of.
-
To think that I might have loved the name I dislike if I were born with it...:evil:
___
I just noticed the time thing...
If a person's username was "xx", then the time displayed would be xx's time Today/Yesterday (etc) hh:mm AM/PM

Last edited:

PmjPmj

Full of stars.
Local time
-->
That's good. But I guess one can always claim that the beings who run the simulation have super powerful computers capable of running exponential-complexity algorithms. Nevertheless it is a good argument against naive Elon-Musk style reasoning like "our video games are so realistic, surely eventually they will be just like the real world"

How very dare you shit all over our lord and saviour.

Elon 4 lyfe.

Crystabelle

Local time
Yesterday 8:21 PM
-->
There is a very fine line between Eustress (that optimal amount of stress that inclines one toward productivity and accomplishments) and negative Stress (that amount of stress that causes one to recede within him/herself and rock back and forth in the corner).

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
Yesterday 10:21 PM
-->
There is a very fine line between Eustress (that optimal amount of stress that inclines one toward productivity and accomplishments) and negative Stress (that amount of stress that causes one to recede within him/herself and rock back and forth in the corner).

Unless you're left handed. Then you rock from side to side and clockwise in the northern hemisphere.

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
Omg I just saw the funniest thing. That's all, really.

washti

yo vengo para lo mío
Local time
-->
Hey Mxx why are you banned from complex?

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
Well, by all means, keep it to yourself then.

Bastard*.

*Playful ribbing intended.

I will! (More when I'm less dizzy from internetting on public transit.

And I know!

Mxx

Local time
-->
I will! (More when I'm less dizzy from internetting on public transit.

And I know!

So now is not the time to post a huge photo of animals mating for your fellow public transit takers to see over your shoulder?

Bad Itch

Push to Start
Local time
-->
So now is not the time to post a huge photo of animals mating for your fellow public transit takers to see over your shoulder?

I'm off the bus now. I sit at the back anyway. I just gotta see someone about a rhinocisaur and then go home.

I get motion sickness in vehicles pretty easily if I'm not in control of the motion. The pedestrian's curse.

Top Bottom