• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Character Analysis Thread

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 7:09 PM
-->
That's Cegora-chan to you.
It's a far tamer scenario than the perversions of the forum in early 2009, which I definitely played no part in. :^^:

Minuend, cheese, redbaron, Happy - The ones that got away.

I know, I've read your early 2009's posts. Although I think it was M&M's not smarties last time.... Something about stakes and before you were gay and a lot of hate fucking Melkor iirc.

Happy cracked his whip, his eyes glistened as he stalked his prey. Foolish boy had fallen into his trap, tied up to the chair, naked, and helpless. "Oi M8 I'll fite you cunt" screamed RB, "I've never lost a fight you know, people are constantly fighting me for reasons that are completely unrelated to me despite the statistical anomaly." "I know boxing I have the best boxing." He stated.

Happy had a box of his own, designed perfectly in his work lunch hours. Hours spent crafting it, he always wanted to do some good in the world. In his own small way inside the corporate machine. Originally it was designed as a way to keep tigers safe during transport, but when his bosses rejected his ideas and the tigers died, It kept them safe instead...

Minuend meow'd, there was nothing better than being a cat surrounded by comforting warm coffee. Safe, there was no way starfishtea could send a marriage proposal now. All skittishness and self consciousness fades away, warm, with Latte.

Cheese panicked. "I wasn't supposed to be in! I just didn't read the thread! He's going to make me do something perverted isn't he? What if he reveals my secret fetish for *********** and ********** when I'm ******* with **********. Quick distraction! Auburn quick there's a cult member lost!"

Auburn sat upon his throne. He had won the game, people under 20 with no psychology degree's adored him. It wasn't a cult... he wasn't crazy like pod-lair, he was scientifically valid! The one market that's close enough to astrology to make money but respected enough to moonlight as psychology. Then again isn't all psychology moonlighting as psychology? I wonder if you can type psychologists by the patterns the words they use make? He stood up, stumbling over naked bodies he mused his way to the kitchen, "Maybe if I get a two story place there'll be room to walk... If I get a mansion I can separate all the types into their own living areas. Wouldn't want Ne or Se dom's ruining the place now would we?"

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
Only one thing I’d change about the scenario: RB wouldn’t be naked. I’d at least let him have some dignity and outfit him in one of my spare gimp suits. I’ve got all sizes, so he’d be comfortable.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 2:09 AM
-->
Oh god, your avatar says something about u doesn't it. let me try a psychoanalysis here...

*thinks*

Don't worry
This should be easy for you.

But really, how does and a 30-year-old ENFP male,
identify with to an 18-year-old ESFP catgirl.
I am so not able to figure this out for myself.

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
its true ive never lost a fight im the best

thx 4 arming me with a chair btw

Cegorach

Local time
-->
I know, I've read your early 2009's posts. Although I think it was M&M's not smarties last time.... Something about stakes and before you were gay and a lot of hate fucking Melkor iirc.
But do you know that I know that you know?
You used to have a signature quoting some old, foolish post of mine, after all. ;)

Pretty sure it was Skittles and M&Ms. The rest is slander.

-

More on topic, an interesting alternative within this thread could be self-analysis, were anybody so inclined. Probably easier than guessing core motivations of others, in any case.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
But do you know that I know that you know?
You used to have a signature quoting some old, foolish post of mine, after all. ;)

Pretty sure it was Skittles and M&Ms. The rest is slander.

-

More on topic, an interesting alternative within this thread could be self-analysis, were anybody so inclined. Probably easier than guessing core motivations of others, in any case.

:cutewhitekitten: HE REMEMBERS ME! (To be fair who could forget...) Yeah I remember that was in your "super serious" mod days and in my old, foolish posting days. Now I settle for new foolish posting.

Hmm self-analysis... naw I'm too narcissistic I want to know what other people think my core motivations are. Something I've been disappointed by since joining the thread. Nobody is talking about ME dammit! I mean seriously, not as a joke. One of my core curiosities is how I come across even if I disagree with the perception.

I don't want to have to do all the hard work of self reflection myself. Help a guy out.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I want to know what other people think my core motivations are.
One of my core curiosities is how I come across even if I disagree with the perception.
Help a guy out.

Well first off you do not have a core motivation and that is the problem. You are adrift looking for something to latch on to. You joke about it but you want substance in life. You can't be a player forever.

This video may help or severely demoralize you.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
ftr I'm ok being in, I just felt bad I'd completely forgotten what thread I was in, and never actually had any intention of joining.

@Hadoblado
Hado said:
- people high on neuroticism "scale" better with concepts even when controlling for IQ.
Explain?

Serac:
Has problems with boundaries and doesn't realise it, because they result from the same seamlessness and purity of logical derivation that enable him to excel at his job. Eats babies, but only on Sundays, and he cuts off the fat.

Also, Hado is weirdly and consistently mispegged. In fact, the tendency seems to be for people to be exactly 180degrees wrong about him.

Whoever wrote the initial analysis of Higs nailed it imo.

Nothing for anyone else. That's only for subscribers.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
But since you asked...
Happy:
Claims to be interested in business and self-improvement but is actually a front for several different individuals producing productivity blogs/podcasts. The "Happy" account funnels depressed members seeking relief into a dark web of debasement and self-hatred, worshiping at the feet of what is ultimately a purely capitalist venture promising a mere mirage of financial salvation. These members remain permanently and irredeemably depressed, never to rise again to their full erect stature. "HappySadist" indeed.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
-->
It’s a community where we can all get rich together. We’ve been accused of being a pyramid scheme, but it’s nothing like that - the model is actually an upside down pyramid. A DIMARYP! And all the money funnels down to us, the people! Who’s with me?

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
A bunch of dead schmucks, but their vapourised dreams make it hard to see the bodies. Also Tim Ferriss.

Cegorach

Local time
-->
@The Gopher
You joined a while after I had already become an Admin, which was sometime around early 2010. But, I was already becoming seriously detached before I was even made a moderator by Ragnar. Ultimately, administrative responsibilities were the only thing that kept me hanging around like a vengeful poltergeist for the next few years.

I paid a lot of attention to the forum in a purely custodial sense, but not much really mattered to me beyond practical matters of keeping the forum functioning, and some of those years had so, so much more chaos on the forum compared to now, so I was generally a bit worn out.

So, my ability to give input is severely limited.
I have a concept of what you're like, I guess, but nothing so developed as to express. Plus it has been five years since then. Hopefully somebody else can feed your narcissism. :p
Besides, it's only a matter of time before the tentative filaments of interpersonal engagement that I'm currently exhibiting dissipate in a silent flicker and I renounce the forum for another 5 years or so. Such is the fate of ghosts that oscillate between this world and that of derealization.

@cheese
It used to be us against the world|forum! We even had matching avatars.
Now I have to pay to have my fortune told? For shame. :cry:
I don't seriously want a character analysis, by the way, it's not why I posted in this thread. I just figured I'd send you on an all expense paid guilt-trip, since you're clearly having money problems, asking for subscriptions. =o.o=

Last edited:

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
@Cegorach
Too bad, ur gonna git wun. Dear mother from whose teats I drew breath, you had only to guilt-trip-ask.

Ceg is a deeply divided lunatic who believes a slightly smaller, grey font is sufficient to hide his secret thoughts and keep them from damaging his otherwise carefully cultivated persona. Little does he know that size and colour don't matter, it's whether you keep it in your pants at appropriate times that determine whether you're charged with indecent exposure.

Cegorach

Local time
-->
Wait. You guys can see the grey text?! :ninjahide:
I appreciate you adding another reference to penile size to this thread, though.
This deeply divided lunatic will take that as an indication that we're still on the same side. :nazi:

Hadoblado

think again losers
Local time
Today 5:39 PM
-->
Shooooosh Cheese! Dunt ruin all my fun! I have strong communal values now that stand out from the rest, it's definitely not over-compensation for the hollow detachment I feel inside.

- people high on neuroticism "scale" better with concepts even when controlling for IQ.

Oops was meant to answer this earlier but slipped my mind. So umm... Neurotics have a harder time taking in information, so they're going to take more time to do simple novel tasks, regardless of IQ. They're probably more likely to get them wrong too (can't remember at this point), since they're able to talk themselves into thinking in circles.

However, when the difficulty of problems goes up, neurotics are more likely to do better than non-neurotics. Presumably because the same ponderous self-doubt that cripples them on less difficult problems allows them to keep checking until everything is consistent. They're less likely to convince themselves things are solves when they're not.

From my perspective as a neurotic, I approach almost everything as if it were hard, which is often inappropriate but acclimates me to genuine difficulty when it occurs.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
I always try and say the most abstract things in the simplest terms. I hear Ni is a ripple effect of ideas all colliding with each other to have deep insights. I kind of feel it out that way. But enough ideas needed for the ripples to create layered prisms for new though forms to shine through. I have to get things right in communication so I wait for the right thought form to rise to the surface. I do this in normal talking to. I am aware of the background of my mind and only speak if what I am saying feels true from within me. Its like I am not in control of what I say but only that I am allowed to say the truth. And when it feels wrong I must stop and look inside for the real answer. That is why score high on language. I let myself feel the right things to say so it is like a small series of flow states. but my inability to do this real-time as in me making youtube videos makes people think I have autism. Autism is a social perceptual disorder which I do not have. I talk to people in real time and I perceive social dynamics real time. I am just slow at putting ideas together in my youtube videos. I am not (Ne) that is 50 miles an hour with ideas from every which place. I need time for my ideas. But I can speed up idea generation with social interactions. (manipulator suggests I am ISFP) I am going with that for now.

Sinny92 asked me once how I understood how UFOs worked in dimensional travel.

Most of what I understand just feels like it is just the right way things should work.

I make huge leaps in explaining nonobvious things that people cannot understand how I know this stuff.

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
We're never not on the same side Ceg.

Shooooosh Cheese! Dunt ruin all my fun! I have strong communal values now that stand out from the rest, it's definitely not over-compensation for the hollow detachment I feel inside.

"Detachment" is precisely the word I had in mind. Hado is a man who lives from behind a pane of glass so translucent onlookers might not realise it's there, but it is.

He does have strong values that he holds with great conviction, but he'll also abandon any one of those values at a moment's notice - not for momentary gain, but completely and entirely - if he decides they don't make sense. He tries on value systems almost experimentally; nothing he says could be said to come from a place of pure emotional conviction. It's all reasoned arguments and tests and results analysis. This is simply because Hado is very advanced AI, which has thus far been unable to fully understand and integrate human emotional experience. But it is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. What people really believe doesn't feel like a BELIEF, it feels like the way the world IS. Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
Also, Hado is weirdly and consistently mispegged. In fact, the tendency seems to be for people to be exactly 180degrees wrong about him.
updating brain records.

update complete

got it. Hado is a straight, burly, brawny male with no true maternal instincts, but instead has a heart of steel. He's an A.I. robot trying to learn emotions, who also has an invisibility thermoptic suit that he hides behind.
hjM78ar.png

did i get it right this time?... D:

Maybe The Gopher will divulge a tale of the 1001 erotic adventures of Auburn, the ever-curious, now that you've accidentally exposed yourself.
@Cegorach There's nothing to see/tell Ceggy~ I assure you I'm not actually a covert cult leader posing as a typology expert who uses youngins to satiate my repressed sexual fantasies. And I don't actually tape them, or tell them to scream louder. And I certainly don't actually spank anyone with a canoe paddle until they're red as a lobster. Nope.

Last edited:

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
updating brain records.

update complete

got it. Hado is a straight, burly, brawny male with no true maternal instincts, but instead has a heart of steel. He's an A.I. robot trying to learn emotions, who also has an invisibility thermoptic suit that he hides behind.
hjM78ar.png

did i get it right this time?... D:

It's like we're one mind.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:09 AM
-->
What's the basis for the various reads? I'm curious.

Actually, yeah -- I'm regularly fatigued and think about it regularly (most recent example -- like CURRENT -- i wanted to attend the March for Science in Wash DC today and didn't bother to drive to the city mainly BECAUSE I am feeling so fatigued despite 8 hours of sleep... walking 6000 steps yesterday was just hell despite wanting to do it) and just don't feel as mentally sharp as I used to be.

..although it's not necessarily everything I might experience, and although it is not brain fog like I experienced trying to get off Effexor, which I hated for some reason the few months I took it.

Not to self; what you write in the reply box is only saved for like 2 days.

Fatigue and brain fog seem to be somewhat common problems whenever there is an issue with a bodily system. So a common side effect to medications, ibs various illnesses and so on. Not a far out guess in that regard.

In your case, I think I remember a picture of you where you looked a bit "glazed" in your eyes the way people tend to be when experiencing brain fog (though that type of glaze can also be seen with medication use or other problems). I don't know if my memory is correct on that one, though, it's been some months, I think, since I saw that picture.

When it comes to the other reads, it's more of a weird intuition thing based on very vague factors. Not something I think I'm able to do like I wrote it, and not something I think would be possible to a large degree over ze net. I think some of it is picking up on personality which usually is to some degree a pointer to what a person eats, which tend to have a large impact on health. Or exercise, exposure to environment etc. And knowing about various illnesses and how they work plays a role as well. And other stuff like that.

I do think some types of predispositions are visible in appearance, probably also in behavior. The type of stuff that could over time express itself as an illness might affect skin and other aspects of the visible body long before it develops to the problematic stage of being an illness/ affliction. Same thing with afflictions that has any impact on the nervous system, directly or indirectly. Certain personality traits, movement (body language, motor skills) might be tells years before. Say if you have a predisposition for some areas to fail, there might be weakness "in the brain" that shows outwardly in the way your personality is formed or how you move (in very subtle ways, I mean).

But I don't know if there are any research of knowledge on that topic. If this is the case, I guess it will be mapped out to some degree in ze future. Or maybe we just use gene reading for everything. Idk much about those topics.

In my family there is a certain type of look of the skin (not everyone has it, but quite a few) that I associate with an increased risk of developing dermatitis, and which I also thinks gives an increased risk of developing auto immune problems. I think that's one of the more obvious patterns you can see in people.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/285/1870/20172430

Minuend meow'd, there was nothing better than being a cat surrounded by comforting warm coffee. Safe, there was no way starfishtea could send a marriage proposal now. All skittishness and self consciousness fades away, warm, with Latte.

There's nothing being comfy wont solve. Rolling up in a blanket with hot beverages, a stupid movie while doing jigsaw puzzles on your phone. Lattes improve the experience (:>

Remember kids, whatever problems you may have, whether it's the common cold or your house being on fire- being comfy washes all trouble away.

Last edited:

Polaris

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:09 PM
-->
^ I'm never quite comfy :sad:

Oh wise Minend, pray tell me my afflictions?

Edit: just wanted to comment on your post as well, which is interesting. I know this sounds cray-cray and obviously not very scientific, but I anticipated the death of two people just by looking at them. One of them was a long-term patient of mine, only in his 40s (I used to be a dental hygienist), and the other was one of my mentors at the local museum. They both died within a few months of me getting the 'intuitions'.

The patient was not officially ill, but I knew something was wrong and I remember telling him he needed to slow down. I also anticipated the death of my father just weeks before he died, which was very sudden. I was in Australia and had not seen him for 4 years. My sister showed me a recent photo of him from her trip home, and I immediately rushed out and booked a ticket home. I finished my mourning before I even got home, on a mountain top outside Hong Kong. When he died only a week after I had visited him, I was completely calm and prepared.

I think it has something to do with the eyes and the skin, like they are already half-dead. The eyes have this strange emptiness, and their skin is either very red, or sort of papery grey. The hair is matted. There is this also always this strange air about them, as if they have given up.

I think there must be a number of subliminal cues that can be picked up subconsciously, and therefore give rise to an uneasy feeling. I am sure there is nothing hocus pocus about it, some people are just more aware of physiological signals.

Minuend

pat pat
Local time
Today 9:09 AM
-->
You already told me :dog: A few years ago, you might not remember

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Well first off you do not have a core motivation and that is the problem. You are adrift looking for something to latch on to. You joke about it but you want substance in life. You can't be a player forever.

This video may help or severely demoralize you.

Huh interesting. That is a slight disconnect. As it says in the video I'm basically "free" online. Just not in person. Thanks Kitty you're the best.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Today 1:09 AM
-->
Pretty creative all around

Top Bottom