• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The banning of intpz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
Today 5:17 AM
-->
Before anyone asks

Our spamming most proliferative poster as of late has been put to eternal rest after posting insane amounts of garbage (40+ posts per day at some point), of useless, unhelpful, petty, irrelevant opinions, and derailing threads with aforementioned, as well as engaging others into pointless conflict over nitpicking and minutia.

It should be dully noted intpz took no heed to the warnings and made no effort whatsoever toward improving his online portfolio here at INTPf and continued with his obstinate and bothersome attitudes. I will take this opportunity to caution his friend @DeadonDreaming from being so reactive to similar posters, as he has played a part (though smaller) in derailing threads through petty bullshit.

:rip:

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Yesterday 8:17 PM
-->
Was he permanently banned?

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
-->

While I don't usually go out of my way to say stuff like this, I am happy he was banned from the forums, and I think it was a good choice on the part of the admins. Thanks for capturing the forums opinion! ;)

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
Thank you.

I normally wouldn't say that but I have been avoiding the forum, in part, because he was everywhere I looked.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
@Fukyo

I happen to believe in reincarnation. :D

Come on, Fukyo, that was somewhat funny. :angel:

Well, I believe in Thor. :D

Thank you.

I normally wouldn't say that but I have been avoiding the forum, in part, because he was everywhere I looked.

Members shouldn't be shy of reporting posts or letting an admin know that they think someone is going over the line.

Local time
Today 3:17 AM
-->
"Ich hatt' einen Kameraden,
Einen bessern findst du nit.
Die Trommel schlug zum Streite,
Er ging an meiner Seite
In gleichem Schritt und Tritt.
Eine Kugel kam geflogen:
Gilt sie mir oder gilt sie dir?
Sie hat ihn weggerissen,
Er liegt zu meinen Füßen
Als wär's ein Stück von mir
Will mir die Hand noch reichen,
Derweil ich eben lad'.
"Kann dir die Hand nicht geben,
Bleib du im ew'gen Leben
Mein guter Kamerad!"
"

Dr. Freeman

In a place outside of time
Local time
Yesterday 11:17 PM
-->
That's one cool thing about the admins here. He wasn't (mostly?) banned for breaking rules; he was banned for lowering the discussion quality and as stated earlier, "derailing threads." The fact that this can be done in this way really sets you apart from those admins on other forums.

Thank you.

Local time
-->
We got into it in the tattoos and piercing thread. Ever since then I've had a vendetta against him, a bloodlust to right the wrongs and wrong the rights!

55823f14-4e54-4581-ac13-9dbba5066dbc.jpg

:starwars:

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Oh fudge -- I didn't get to tell him what I really thought, before he expired. Let that be a lesson to everyone: Don't live a life full of regret!!! :D

PS. "Proliferative"? Is even that a word?

Confused.jpg

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
Yesterday 9:17 PM
-->
Probably best. The guy seems to be pretty stressed out which perhaps led to questionable posting.

I agree DeadonDreaming is looking to be the ur-intpz and so could take note from this post.

Etheri

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 4:17 AM
-->
Are warnings sent via pm or clear ways (mention / wall), or should we pick up on them...? It usually takes at least two to argue, and i've argued with intpz more than once, after all.

I won't deny simply skipping past his threads or comments at times, then again I won't deny him having made a couple valid points either. Even a broken watch is right twice a day... And I don't think he's truly broken :confused:

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Unnecessary image, but the banning is probably for the best, for himself also.

R.I.P.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
Local time
-->
Ur - meaning proto. Proto intpz, in other words in danger of becoming intpz, as Fukyo said.

I don't think you read his post correctly, but that is forgivable. He said that I argue with him a lot, and am reactive towards him, which a lot of people in this thread also have been, though I was the most active. That doesn't constitute being a proto-intpz.

Architect

Professional INTP
Local time
-->
I don't think you read his post correctly, but that is forgivable. He said that I argue with him a lot, and am reactive towards him, which a lot of people in this thread also have been, though I was the most active. That doesn't constitute being a proto-intpz.

Ah, apologies.

7even

Local time
-->
Can he not just... Create a new account? :confused:
Or I'm guessing his IP address has been blocked.

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 1:17 PM
-->
See the smeagle case. However this makes me wonder...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
No lol, although now you mention it... I don't think I would be allowed to say though but I worked everything out.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Members shouldn't be shy of reporting posts or letting an admin know that they think someone is going over the line.

What course of action do we take if we think a member(s) of staff is going over the line?

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->
Are warnings sent via pm or clear ways (mention / wall), or should we pick up on them...? It usually takes at least two to argue, and i've argued with intpz more than once, after all.

Depends on what an admin finds more appropriate. I've done both. I generally consider the in thread warning more casual, and the warning directed to a member's inbox or wall more serious and formal.

Can he not just... Create a new account? :confused:
Or I'm guessing his IP address has been blocked.

Yes, he can, but it will just get banned again for ban evasion.

What course of action do we take if we think a member(s) of staff is going over the line?

You let a different member of the staff aware of your concerns. Why? Going to tattle on me for the derp picture? :p

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
You let a different member of the staff aware of your concerns.
Not much a member can do if it concerns most of staff though.

Why? Going to tattle on me for the derp picture? :p
Nah, because you said you were gonna find out who put me down as referrer, but never did.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
-->
Is this hypothetical or do you have real concerns?

Just hypothetical, right now.

I'd still like to know who linked me though, whenever you have some free time to check.

Lot

Don't forget to bring a towel
Local time
-->
I'm glad you mods kicked her to the curb.

+1

Although, I didn't hate her. But she really needed to be silenced.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 10:17 PM
-->

NASA will be less pleased with the three hundred million in slashed funds but this definitely won the thread. The witch hunt appears to be officially underway.

:dinnerinthesky:

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
-->
Where do I go to get those better emoticons?

Also, although it is completely irrelevant now, I had thought intpz was male, but I see several people referring to him as her? Now that's going to bug me. At least as long as this thread is on the page and it is in my mind.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Where do I go to get those better emoticons?

Also, although it is completely irrelevant now, I had thought intpz was male, but I see several people referring to him as her? Now that's going to bug me. At least as long as this thread is on the page and it is in my mind.

@MissQuote

Bottom left of this very screen. ;)

redbaron

irony based lifeform
Local time
-->
Lucky. All that furious scrolling in order to see as little of his posts as possible was causing damage to my scroll-wheel.

I had thought intpz was male, but I see several people referring to him as her? Now that's going to bug me. At least as long as this thread is on the page and it is in my mind.

It's a he.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
He said he was a she if she was a she I am not sure if she was he. But one thing I do know is she was thought to be he and if he wanted to be she nobody realised he was she. (That actually makes sense and covers everything)

Coolydudey

You could say that.
Local time
Today 6:17 AM
-->
He said he was a she if she was a she I am not sure if she was he. But one thing I do know is she was thought to be he and if he wanted to be she nobody realised he was she. (That actually makes sense and covers everything)

Truly. Epic.

Proletar

Deus Sex Machina
Local time
-->
Why the ban exactly?

Nevermind. Just red the OP. Makes sense.

Local time
-->

I think you said she was a she, or maybe it was he that said she was a she. Anyway, I just ran with it, and she never corrected me.

walfin

Democrazy
Local time
Today 11:17 AM
-->
When will there be rule of law? There should be a proper public trial each time.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
When will there be rule of law? There should be a proper public trial each time.

@walfin

This little ditty was located near the bottom left of the screen. :slashnew:

Although the administrators and moderators of INTP Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of INTP Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of INTP Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

EditorOne

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Rule of law? Nah. It's better than that.

The takeaway here is that on this forum you can be banned for being TIRESOME. That really should resonate.

snafupants

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Rule of law? Nah. It's better than that.

The takeaway here is that on this forum you can be banned for being TIRESOME. That really should resonate.

@EditorOne

Well, tiresome and forty plus (apparently fatuous) posts per day.

Jennywocky

Tacky Flamingo
Local time
-->
Well, tiresome and forty plus (apparently fatuous) posts per day.

Amazing. Think of what we could have done with all that energy if it could have been constructively harnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom