• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

The Back Story For My Screen Name.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
Today 1:19 PM
-->
I hope you feel neglected already.

ApostateAbe

Banned
Local time
Today 8:19 AM
-->
I hate banana women. Life is tough, because they are judged exclusively on appearance and they know it. Too green, and they are overlooked and ignored. Too brown, and they are tossed out, discarded like the trash they typically are. That's why, when I walked into the bedroom late last night, I knew the drama she was about to unload on me, and I was tempted to have a trash bag in hand. She wasn't brown yet. On the contrary, she stayed green just a little too long.

"Fark you!" she shouted at me through her tears. "Don't think I don't know you! You fark only the ripe!"

TheScornedReflex

(Per) Version of a truth.
Local time
Tomorrow 2:19 AM
-->
This name I have thought up should help them identify me. Now I get them to introduce me to help with the intergration process. I do so hope that the resident forum dwellers take notice :cat:.

Welcome.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
Today 7:19 AM
-->
I hate banana women. Life is tough, because they are judged exclusively on appearance and they know it. Too green, and they are overlooked and ignored. Too brown, and they are tossed out, discarded like the trash they typically are. That's why, when I walked into the bedroom late last night, I knew the drama she was about to unload on me, and I was tempted to have a trash bag in hand. She wasn't brown yet. On the contrary, she stayed green just a little too long.

"Fark you!" she shouted at me through her tears. "Don't think I don't know you! You fark only the ripe!"

This name I have thought up should help them identify me. Now I get them to introduce me to help with the intergration process. I do so hope that the resident forum dwellers take notice :cat:.

Welcome.

Excellent, both! It's an old yahoo IM name I used to use about ten years ago. I don't remember how I came up with it. This thread was an experiment as intps are an imaginative bunch. According to my research here, only 66% are. This dataset seems to indicate the last 33% consists of mental giants.

Nezaros

Highly Irregular
Local time
-->
Billions of years ago, you were Ufark, Lord-Commander of the Great Starfleet of Kaldor. One day there was a disturbance in the Andromeda Galaxy; you personally went to investigate. However, there was a hyperdrive malfunction on your capital ship, the Riperend Faldon (roughly translates to Great Moose). Rather than reaching the Andromeda Galaxy, you dropped out of hyperspace in the vicinity of the planet Saturn of the Sol system within the Milky Way. By the time anyone realized what was happening, it was too late; the ship was going to smash into Saturn's singular moon. In a futile attempt to salvage the situation, you activated the emergency reverse thrusters. But those were malfunctioning as well; they overheated, which, coupled with the hyperdrive's own problems, ended in a dark matter core meltdown.

You only had time to think one simple thought - "Sabotage." - before the entire ship exploded, destroying Saturn's moon in the process. While one day the debris from that moon would become the Rings us Earthlings have come to know and love, you were launched into solar orbit; the bridge was located far away from the reactor core, and was designed for emergency detachment besides. However, the force of the explosion knocked you and the rest of the surviving crew unconscious. The emergency life support systems kicked in, deploying automated vacuum suits to each comatose crewmember. But there was no relief in sight, and soon the makeshift escape pod began to decay. First went the glass, shattering all at once, the hard vacuum sucking out all but you, still strapped into the captain's chair. Then went the life support, which necessitated the use of secondary emergency life support systems (Kaldorians are very thorough in this, you know) which had only one function - cryosleep.

As the rest of the floating bridge fell apart over billions of years, the extremely-well-built life preservation systems maintained, using Sol's rays for power. At some point a search party was sent, but all they found were the remnants of a moon; the bridge's emergency locater transmitter had been sabotaged as well. You remained in suspended animation for all this time, until, one day, by pure idiotic chance, something caught you in its gravitational field: the planet Terra. Eventually you entered the atmosphere, and from there, crash landed, remarkably unscathed (due to the aforementioned absurdly good craftsmanship of the emergency systems). The same could not be said for the remnants of the bridge, however. In such a state as it had been prior to entering the atmosphere, it was now all but gone, but for one small piece of the hull, a patch of metal from whence the name had been, now only saying "Ripe". At this point the life support finally failed, the many long years of damage having built up quite a bit. Exposed to the new, yet rejuvenating atmosphere, you woke up, most of your memory gone. All that you know is that your shirt says "Ufark", you have a metal plate saying "Ripe", and the single word, "sabotage", is emblazoned on your mind. Now on this new, alien planet, you seek answers. After much searching, you have discovered first computers, then the internet, then our humble little forum; and all you have to go on is the assumption that your name must be Ufark the Ripe.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
@UfarkTheRipe
Fuck you! I bumped your thread. (If I didn't...)
(Which would be considered a favor.)

That you can't take notice of that, is your limitation. Not mine.
I hope you feel stupid, judgmental prick.

TheScornedReflex

Local time
-->
Excellent, both! It's an old yahoo IM name I used to use about ten years ago. I don't remember how I came up with it. This thread was an experiment as intps are an imaginative bunch. According to my research here, only 66% are. This dataset seems to indicate the last 33% consists of mental giants.

And the last 1% ?

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
@UfarkTheRipe
Fuck you! I bumped your thread. (If I didn't...)
(Which would be considered a favor.)

That you can't take notice of that, is your limitation. Not mine.
I hope you feel stupid, judgmental prick.

Case in point. Thanks Duncan.

@ Nezaros Have you been following me? Your accuracy is unsettling.

Had you used the word ochre, I might have suspected you have another name.

And the last 1% ?

Sadly that last 1% is obscured by noise from cosmic radiation, but even if we had the accuracy, the computers that host this forum could never account for the last fluxion. It would have to be represented in abstracts.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Yeah, Mr. Grumpypants had another textual temper tantrum.

Based on what he said when he was stalking Auburn, he has problems getting heard on YouTube also. What is the common denominator between here and there? Is it the intps over there also? Methinks it is not.

Maybe English is harder than Dutch.. I wouldn't know, but it does seem like daddy issues.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
Yeah, Mr. Grumpypants had another textual temper tantrum.
Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

Based on what he said when he was stalking Auburn, he has problems getting heard on YouTube also. What is the common denominator between here and there? Is it the intps over there also? Methinks it is not.
This makes no sense AT ALL. Problems getting heard on youtube? What the f. are you talking about?.. lol

(Stalking Auburn? Auburn has problems on youtube? And I seemingly said that? I can't recall any of this... And then you are referring to me again, and what?! It all makes no sense...)

(You have Si as a conscious function, don't you?)

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.
This makes no sense AT ALL. Problems getting heard on youtube?

So you agree your name is Mr. Grumpypants then? So be it:

Mr. Grumpypants said:
I tried to open a rational 'on their level of communication' discussion, but they have blocked me from their youtube page.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
So you agree your name is Mr. Grumpypants then? So be it:

Wow you are so weak. I don't agree that one should refer to me as 'Grumpypants'. But from the context of your post it was obvious that you were referring to me. Besides, however the f. you want to objectify yourself is up to you.

Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpypants
I tried to open a rational 'on their level of communication' discussion, but they have blocked me from their youtube page.
This little piece of content is meaningless. Thus you still don't make sense.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
^No? Are you wearing a dress or a skort?

..I hate that word as much as I hate the word chortle.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
^Yes. Are you in the shower or on the toilet?
..I hate your nickname as much as I hate mine.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Thank you for your input! Is your Flame-the-World thread going like you expected?

TheScornedReflex

Local time
-->
To the arena with you both. I'll be the ref!!! I promise to be biased unbiased.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
That would be unfair. He couldn't beat me if I was asleep.

TheScornedReflex

Local time
-->
You never know. He could be playing possum. Plus this place needs blood shed once in awhile. If only to keep the masses happy.

MissQuote

kickin' at a tin can
Local time
Today 6:19 AM
-->
^No? Are you wearing a dress or a skort?

..I hate that word as much as I hate the word chortle.

Hey now... Not Cool.

The dress part. I wear a dress or skirt nearly everyday. And I have never thrown a hissy here and if I did my dress would have nothing to do with it.

Skorts on the other hand are unforgivable.

Okay. That was all. Carry on.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
You never know. He could be playing possum. Plus this place needs blood shed once in awhile. If only to keep the masses happy.

I think his posts shed enough blood already.

Hey now... Not Cool.

The dress part. I wear a dress or skirt nearly everyday. And I have never thrown a hissy here and if I did my dress would have nothing to do with it.

Okay. That was all. Carry on.

Please forgive the apparent dis on dresses. I put that in there because if he was wearing a dress then he'd be Mr. Grumpydress and I wanted to be accurate.

I like dresses and I'm glad you wear them, but I hate skorts and the word used to identify them. I HATE THEM!

Cognisant

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 2:19 AM
-->
Depends how stretchy they are.

2790387-IF-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Elastic strap snapping :D
I do it with bras too, I know I'm a terrible boyfriend.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
I'm sorry. That is incorrect as the stretchy coefficient is not even in the skort suckyness equation.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 9:19 AM
-->
I invite you to write it below.

The back story for My Screen Name

The name I go by in real life is Chad Allen Solloway so I decided to use my full first name as my screen name than I wouldn't get confused when someone was trying to talk to me directly. It quite simple actually.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Thanks for sharing, Chad, but you are supposed to make up a story for UfarkTheRipe's history.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Thanks for sharing, Chad, but you are supposed to make up a story for UfarkTheRipe's history.

Sorry, I understood the premiss however, I didn't have a response (and I was bored) so I chose to tell my story. (or at least were my screen name comes form). Sorry for going off context but I was bored.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
No harm no foul, but how can you be bored with a whole world out there to be pursued and understood?

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
No harm no foul, but how can you be bored with a whole world out there to be pursued and understood?

I don't know if I have an answer for this. Mostly I was waiting to post on another forum and the person wasn't responding. Bored in the moment.

EyeSeeCold

lust for life
Local time
Today 6:19 AM
-->
UfarkTheRipe said:
The Back Story For My Screen Name.

I invite you to write it below.
It was something you randomly came up with to distract us from you having to tell us about yourself.

Tell us about yourself. :)

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
That is correct- very clever!

Seems like forums are place to be egocentric so I thought I would not talk about myself very much and see what others have to say. Now I can see that doing that could also be egocentric because as the person is talking about themselves, my pattern recognition software is determining how that person is like me after all. Who am I fooling!? Not even myself!

As for me, I am the same beautiful and unique snowflake as everybody else; I possess both the weaknesses and the powers of the INTP.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
@UfarkTheRipe
Have you considered yourself not to be an INTP?
Not to offend either your worldview nor judgment, but I personally would suggest otherwise.

To me, you obviously seem like a J-type. I would suppose INFJ.
Have you included that option in your research?

Anyhow, to accommodate my intention is to mean no harm...
I myself had thought I was an INTP aswell. It was certain. I could identify myself so perfectly with the INTP profile... (That I was an INTP was as certain as my eye color) However, seemingly, I seemed to be an INFJ after all (even as I fully neglected my Fe, nor could I identify with Se).

---
You could be an INTP for all I know, but it was just a thought you might want to consider.

That is correct- very clever!
Fe. -You want to move the environment to bring justice. (Does someone earn respect? Than Fe will want to give/show it to them)

Seems like forums are place to be egocentric so I thought I would not talk about myself very much and see what others have to say.
What you are doing here, is basically clarifying interpretive worldview (Ni). That forums are a place to be egocentric is a rather deep thought which could only be received by wanting to understand the meaning. (Why is he popular? Why is he saying this? Why do people actually listen to him? What are his needs? How does he acquire his needs?) - These are all INFJ thoughts (Ni to build a worldview, Fe for social awareness).

Now I can see that doing that could also be egocentric
You are questioning your own worldview (which indicates worldview dominance). You are doing a perspective shift (Ni). To incline your own ignorance into judgment is indicative to being Pi dominant. Also, this is very Je-ish, because you are judging Subjectivity from the outside (Pi Je) (This is how perspective shifts can occur) (Being Ji dominant would imply that such thoughts are utmost harmful to oneself, because Ji dominants don't question one's own judgment as they are Je polar. "It is not my judgment what was wrong, I wasn't well informed to make a right judgment." (This was also my concept for posting: INTPs you are stupid.)

because as the person is talking about themselves, my pattern recognition software is determining how that person is like me after all.
This is an INFJ trait. You can perspective shift into understanding how other people think. (This so you could actually imagine how they thought and think). Pi Je is required for this. Ni is interpretive, which you obviously are. Fe is objective (human based) judgment, which you clearly show.
ALSO. You are giving the outside world a worldview conclusions you had made (You communicate this as: This is what it is and it's not questionable.) "because as the person is talking about themselves..." strongly indicates this. You give them the context (J dominant), and the objective judgment which can be made from that context. (This to explain the context. In a context there is no right or wrong, it just is. And that's why it is not a question you are presenting, but a perspective. And perspectives are never wrong. Thus you explain the perspective.)

Who am I fooling!? Not even myself!
VERY obvious Fe. (To think, by reflecting from an outside perspective)
Ji dominants would never genuinely think such. Je is reaching for objectivity, that what you are showing.

As for me, I am the same beautiful and unique snowflake as everybody else
First of Ni. You were digressing and now you are comming back by doing a perspective shift. "As.." "Furthermore" "Also" are often used by INFJs because as they go deeper and deeper into something (Pi), they have to get out of it and start a new perspective in order to prevent digressing.
Furthermore.. (;)) You are judging your own worldview. You probably had thought: "What is relevant to say about myself?" (Ni, going deeper and deeper in that perspective/thought)... You concluded that nothing was relevant. "How would your judgment/opinions be of significance?! They aren't..." (This is Ni dominance.. Questioning the meaning of things in order to find out purpose.) (J types first need to know a purpose before doing something. You, obviously had thought of a purpose before you expanded on that).

; I possess both the weaknesses and the powers of the INTP.
And so, as you know your judgment isn't of significance on it's own, your worldview is. And thus you judge yourself objectively (the external objective) (Je).

-----
I don't necessarily think that you MUST be an INFJ. But I don't think you to be an INTP. I strongly suggest you to be an IJ type (of which IMO INFJ is most plausible).

If you want, I could quote all your messages and keep explaining why you aren't an INTP. But I don't think I can keep myself enjoyed for that long :D. Consider my perspective. Disagree as you may. But in the end (the moment you find out you weren't an INTP after all), remember that I had done my best to tell you the truth. :auburn:

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
I would not mind being an INTJ.

The INTP results are from ‎Thursday, ‎December ‎29, ‎2011, ‏‎11:00 PM so I may grown the INTJ since then. I took the results and posted them on one of my websites so I looked at the metadata for the html file. I must take the test again!

Introverted (I) 55.26% Extroverted (E) 44.74%
Intuitive (N) 69.23% Sensing (S) 30.77%
Thinking (T) 54.29% Feeling (F) 45.71%
Perceiving (P) 70.27% Judging (J) 29.73%

I know almost nothing about MBTI. A subject has to be important for me to take the fleeting interest that causes an intense fleshing out before dying out. I usually will check out 10-20 books from the library on that subject, scan through them until I pick a fav and order that one for my library. Once I have it. I never read about it again. On to the next subject! Never have I had a romance with personality typing.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
I would not mind being an INTJ.

The INTP results are from ‎Thursday, ‎December ‎29, ‎2011, ‏‎11:00 PM so I may grown the INTJ since then. I took the results and posted them on one of my websites so I looked at the metadata for the html file. I must take the test again!

Introverted (I) 55.26% Extroverted (E) 44.74%
Intuitive (N) 69.23% Sensing (S) 30.77%
Thinking (T) 54.29% Feeling (F) 45.71%
Perceiving (P) 70.27% Judging (J) 29.73%

I know almost nothing about MBTI. A subject has to be important for me to take the fleeting interest that causes an intense fleshing out before dying out. I usually will check out 10-20 books from the library on that subject, scan through them until I pick a fav and order that one for my library. Once I have it. I never read about it again. On to the next subject! Never have I had a romance with personality typing.

Well, I have no idea what type you are. But you shouldn't take personality tests, they are proven to be unreliable. (and so is self-assessment in general). The easiest / fastest way of determining your type, is by uploading a video of yourself and let us type/read you. But of course, some balls are required to do something like that :D
:kodama1:

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Well, I have no idea what type you are. But you shouldn't take personality tests, they are proven to be unreliable. (and so is self-assessment in general). The easiest / fastest way of determining your type, is by uploading a video of yourself and let us type/read you. But of course, some balls are required to do something like that :D

That doesn't work on me.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
The only thing I hate about skorts is you can't get a good visual from ground level.

Te.

I can sniff it out because it's rampant through my whole family.
Do you use this type of reasoning often?

I think Ti would easily understand boredom.

I think you are INTJ. Just don't try to reach out to them. Appeal to their vanity.

Question: do you often think you are better than everybody? INTJ - don't get worked up I'm not implying you're acting that way I'm wondering if you feel that way.

own8age's Fe talk seems a little fuzzy to me. He sort of shifts from Fe to Je meaning he is not convinced. At the end of the day though I believe he is completely right about Ni.

Lastly: when you two started arguing it was easy to tell one is a feeler the other is a thinker.

Maybe watch some videos on Ni and Fe/Fi.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
The only thing I hate about skorts is you can't get a good visual from ground level.
You are supposed to use your imagination. But if it looks like a flapping party favour, you're doing it wrong(Especially if it makes the same noise).

Te.

I can sniff it out because it's rampant through my whole family.
Do you use this type of reasoning often?

I think Ti would easily understand boredom.

I think you are INTJ. Just don't try to reach out to them. Appeal to their vanity.

Question: do you often think you are better than everybody? INTJ - don't get worked up I'm not implying you're acting that way I'm wondering if you feel that way.

own8age's Fe talk seems a little fuzzy to me. He sort of shifts from Fe to Je meaning he is not convinced. At the end of the day though I believe he is completely right about Ni.

Lastly: when you two started arguing it was easy to tell one is a feeler the other is a thinker.

Maybe watch some videos on Ni and Fe/Fi.

Is that what folks do here all the time? Type the new guy? I'm not complaining; I think it's interesting. Yes, I used to think I was better than everybody else all the time but I have done my diligence to correct that malfunction. Yeah he does get all fired up- must be his age.

own8ge

Existential Nihilist
Local time
-->
@Montresor
INTJ seems more plausible indeed.

@UfarkTheRipe
We are just trying to help you out in discovering your type. We don't necessarily type for ego reasons; rather the vice versa.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
I wasn't implying that. I didn't attempt to ascribe motive. You don't have to explain yourself to me. Short, choppy sentences suck.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
Is that what folks do here all the time? Type the new guy? I'm not complaining; I think it's interesting. Yes, I used to think I was better than everybody else all the time but I have done my diligence to correct that malfunction.

I'm new and I remain officially un-typed.

Around here, what I do for fun is jump onto random threads and shit my opinion onto the floor.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
I can't say I don't do that myself.

Well I CAN, but wouldn't that not be inaccurate to go against such an assertion, or not?

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Start/Accessories/Calculator

That tip one is free.

BigApplePi

Banned
Local time
-->
You were told one too many times to park your bike, so "You park the bike" came out that way because you never listen.

UfarkTheRipe

Insectile Projectile
Local time
-->
Yeah, well I think I will be able to get over it.. in time.. with counseling.

Montresor

Banned
Local time
-->
You can't counsel an INTJ.

Chad

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

I don't believe anyone should by into the whole video assessment junk mostly because it is someone else who doesn't know you are anything about your personality telling you who you are. It think its better to list your quirks and attributes and study all the types. Including cognitive functions then asses yourself. You know who you are better than anyone else. This is why form both a cognitive perspective and a perspective on common aspects of different typologies I have understood that my MBTI results were only telling part of the story. I have many if not all of the INTP quallites as well as most of the ENTP qualities. I also have a quite balanced Ti and Ne function. Were some people on here say there is not grey area with MBTI I believe that I am XNTP. If you were to look at the I/E scale individually you would most likely label me an I. However if you look at the cognitive functions and the general functions of ENTP they often come across as more Introverted then most extroverted personality types.

While this is still not enough for me to believe that I am and Extrovert I am starting to realize that I am a someone Extroverted introvert. If that make since at all.

Duxwing

I've Overcome Existential Despair
Local time
-->
I don't believe anyone should by into the whole video assessment junk mostly because it is someone else who doesn't know you are anything about your personality telling you who you are. It think its better to list your quirks and attributes and study all the types. Including cognitive functions then asses yourself. You know who you are better than anyone else. This is why form both a cognitive perspective and a perspective on common aspects of different typologies I have understood that my MBTI results were only telling part of the story. I have many if not all of the INTP quallites as well as most of the ENTP qualities. I also have a quite balanced Ti and Ne function. Were some people on here say there is not grey area with MBTI I believe that I am XNTP. If you were to look at the I/E scale individually you would most likely label me an I. However if you look at the cognitive functions and the general functions of ENTP they often come across as more Introverted then most extroverted personality types.

While this is still not enough for me to believe that I am and Extrovert I am starting to realize that I am a someone Extroverted introvert. If that make since at all.

But what if you haven't the time to perform an in-depth analysis, or what if you want to identify which hypothesis of type is the most likely to be true so that you don't waste your time hunting for Ni in an Si-dom?

-Duxwing

Top Bottom