• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Teenage struggles and life in general. (Rant + Insight)

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
Today 11:36 AM
-->
Quite self explanatory in nature.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 5:06 PM
-->

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
Today 12:06 AM
-->
You have things to say and you know how to say it.
or
You know your own assumptions about what you know and can explain the logic of it.

Makes it hard to fit in when so few people are not logical like you are at your age.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
The most stupid issues

1. Lack of intellectual stimulation and inferiority caused by it

2. Extreme forgetfulness and shitty memory

3. Being perceived as an arrogant smartass and hence social isolation

4. Compulsion to argue and show people the truth

5. Debilitating mental instability

6. Inability to adhere to the education system

7. Too many hobbies which are difficult to sustain along with studies

8. A constant feeling of frustration and anxiety caused by repeated exposure to undesirable social stimuli and a proclivity towards scepticism

9. Existential depression

10. Inability to connect people due to intellectual incompatibility

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
Not to mention I suffer from mild aspergers and ADD

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
What are the most smartest issues then? :)

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
What are the most smartest issues then? :)
You got me there. If issues were smart, they could have been solved. Stupid issues are more of errors and less of mistakes.

Happy

sorry for english
Local time
Today 5:06 PM
-->
If it makes you feel any better, these are all very human struggles.

My (unsolicited) advice to you is to be easier on yourself and be kinder to yourself. I myself battle with each and every one of those on a regular basis (including the ADD part) and I can tell you that the worst thing you can do is to be too hard on yourself. You can’t forget that the only things you have power over are the things right in front of you, so focus on whatever it is that you’re currently doing and put your all into it. Above all, work on your own self-discipline. Discipline equals freedom.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
If it makes you feel any better, these are all very human struggles.

My (unsolicited) advice to you is to be easier on yourself and be kinder to yourself. I myself battle with each and every one of those on a regular basis (including the ADD part) and I can tell you that the worst thing you can do is to be too hard on yourself. You can’t forget that the only things you have power over are the things right in front of you, so focus on whatever it is that you’re currently doing and put your all into it. Above all, work on your own self-discipline. Discipline equals freedom.
It's not about being hard on yourself. It's about unwanted levels of consciousness you possess

Niclmaki

Disturber of the Peace
Local time
Today 2:06 AM
-->
The most stupid issues

8. A constant feeling of frustration and anxiety caused by repeated exposure to undesirable social stimuli and a proclivity towards scepticism

Hm, you make me want to take a trip down memory lane and see how these measure up to my teenage years (only several years ago, I’m not THAT old).

1. My intellectual stimulation mostly just came from surfing the web / fiction books. Whatever grabbed my attention and I wanted to know more of I’d research it. The internet wasn’t as “full” as it is now though. Googling something didn’t always bring back hits of what you wanted to know about.

2. Memory was never a problem for me. It was a little annoying though because the memory of an assignment I ought to be doing would just linger there and I’d ignore it.

3. I enjoyed social isolation, I wasn’t really percieved in a bad light though. I was identified as “gifted” in elementary school and was sorta just accepted as being smart. Even though my marks wern’t really extraordinary.

4. I can’t really relate to this one. I would feel a small tug to correct, but nothing I couldn’t resist. Didn’t really bug me.

5. Mentally I was alright. Nothing really major until I got to university.

6. Hah, this I can relate. I did homework in highschool for one year. After that, never again. It was stupid, tedious, and not worth my time. I would only pass because of tests and the exams. They were worth nearly 60% alone and I only needed 50% to pass (my goal).

7. If you can call World of Warcraft a hobby, then yes, this one too. Any free moment I had was spent playing. I would literally sleep in class and at lunch because I stayed up late playing that game.

8. I was quite the isolationist and didn’t really have many situations where I felt I was at a disadvantage. I really only butted heads with teachers twice. (One was yelling at me to get to class while I was still eating breakfast, and I said, “no.” so I got sent to the office... I went after I finished eating. The principal and Teacher were sympathetic to my side though, that bitch. Case 2 was just a teacher being racist to me, so I got switched to another class.) I also gave a rude remark to a group of girls that were flirting/gossiping (I’m still unsure of their intentions) about me in earshot. They took off and never came back. I’ve always had a “just do it” attitude to awkward social situations. I have a kind of unwarrented confidence in myself for some reason. Maybe from my childhood of everyone calling me smart or something. I’m usually described as, “aristocratic.” My body language really supports that too though. Arms behind my back,nose tilted slightly up. Like everyone is under inspection or something. (This went longer than I expected)

9. This is still true for me. But like then, it really only happens when I’m trying to go to sleep. Not disruptive in my day-to-day activitites. I let the thoughts happen and pass through. They just revisit every few nights.

10. Hell, I still don’t really have good connections with people. Even those I would have called “friends.” I mean, I’m in touch with none of them since I left school. Again though, I don’t exactly feel a pull or want for such a thing.

Hmmm, so in conclusion, I think you’re right to complain about your teenage years. Mine don’t seem that bad in comparison, and I wouldn’t want to go through mine again. I don’t really have any advice. Maybe see a psychotherapist, but I’m really skeptical of their efficacy.

And thanks for the trip down memory lane.

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
The most stupid issues

As an INTP decidedly NOT a chronological teenager but perhaps with still-retarded-to-adolescent-patterns-of emotion-cognition-action I'll re-frame.
As you've revealed an awareness of binary numbers I'll exploit these for the benefit of you and others in the reading audience.

v-- first pass response ---------------------------------------------

4. Being perceived as an arrogant smartass and hence social isolation

8. Compulsion to argue and show people the truth

16. Debilitating mental instability

32. Inability to adhere to the education system

64. Too many hobbies which are difficult to sustain along with studies

128. A constant feeling of frustration and anxiety caused by repeated exposure to undesirable social stimuli and a proclivity towards scepticism

256. Existential depression

512. Inability to connect people due to intellectual incompatibility

^-- first pass response ---------------------------------------------

v------------------2nd pass responses -----------------------------
1. Lack of intellectual stimulation and
2 inferiority
`caused by' or merely attributed-to it

4. Extreme forgetfulness and shitty memory

8. Being perceived -- by one and all, invariant of ANY personal, individually unique factors of perception OR variability in YOUR overt behavior to be `perceived' or apperceived. --
as an arrogant smartass and
hence -- the weasel word --
16 social isolation

32. Compulsion to argue
... and ...
64 show people
128 the truth ... un huh! you've got a monopoly on `the truth' arising from the wisdom of your years as an adult you've yet to retard-to/mature.

256. Debilitating ... sans criteria for assessing degree of operating-contextual debilitation, disability, handicap, sub-optimal performance, whatever.

512 mental instability ... as contrasted with mental stability so stable as to qualify as an SJ/traditionalist incapable of mental activity outside traditional conventional mentation?
As if a degree of `instability' couldn't be a GOOD thing?

1k. Inability to adhere to
... as contrasted with `conform to', `resonate with', `go along to get along'?
2k `the education system'
... I never met the `education system', what's she like?
The `education system' SEEMS one thing if one focuses on the `system';
When `education' is favored over the issue-begging phrase one's 24-7 use of Time may result in (re)education.
As INTPs tend towards self-education (e)motivated by curiosity and implemented via self-directedness ANY and ALL exogenous `education systems' induce cognitive dissonance and culture clash vis-a-vis one's OWN `education system' an IT's values and priorities.

4k. Too many hobbies which
...are ... qua ARE ... meaning `experientially SEEM'
8k difficult to sustain
...along with ... concurrent-with
16k studies
... as imposed by OTHERS, perhaps part and parcel with the so-called 2k=`education system'

32k. A constant feeling
64k of frustration and anxiety
... synergy of two experiential and/or explanatory factors
128k caused by
... EG attribution, once again, sans regression analysis to provide evidence of causality
256 repeated exposure to
512 undesirable social stimuli
... thusly characterized environmental stimuli ...
... whereas strict behaviorism would entail NOT prejudicing `stumli' with adjectives which beg or pre-justify the responses self-reported.

...and a ...
1M proclivity towards skepticism
... as evinced by failure to conform to American orthographic conventions.
You WILL be ASSIMILATED!:twisteddevil:

2M. Existential depression
Yeah, right! :rolleyes:
European quack headshrinkers `think' `in terms of' and bandy-around `existential' as if the parameters of existence qua `existence' of a rock require it to seek help dealing with it's existential difficulties.
Meaning ... BULLSHIT!
If you EXPERIENCE depression then you manifest experiENTIal depression regardless of whatever flaky bullshit European notions of `existential' this or that entail.

4M Inability to connect people
... `due to' ... attribution once again, sans regression analysis to discover causality.
8M intellectual incompatibility
... as if ? ...

I've discovered gobs of factors which demote `connecting' with people.
The half of humanity I'm inclined to `connect with' are typically wearing clothing over their sockets which render-difficult my plug `connecting ... and then there are those pesky issues of `consent' and `enthusiasm'.
^------------------2nd pass responses -----------------------------

v-- 3rd pass attempt at discovering n-factors for n-factorial analysis, synthesis, and/or design

^-- 3rd pass attempt at discovering n-factors for n-factorial analysis, synthesis, and/or design

Why limit your thinking to `teenage'?; these `issues' may persist and mutate over the course of your life.
And the mutated versions may find you BETTER than `healed', better than `recovered'.

I believe there is some value to be gained from the software engineering perspective, "If you can't FIX it ... FEATURE it."
There are plenty of work-for-hire, hobby, and/or personally-gratifying situations where you can FEATURE variations on the suchnesses you've just overtly expressed.

What if, for example, an INFP of one gender or another finds your teenage angst compatible, attractive, and/or outright irresistible?
And through interacting with at-least-ONE other you come to discover that You are NOT ALONE ... that at least one-or-more more-PERSONALLY-significant-than-those-in-the-obnoxious-REST-of-the-Heard Other EXPERIENCES the sorts of problematic `issues' which plague you either from time-to-time or on an ongoing basis?

How might one-or-more transformational EXPERIENCES or RELATIONSHIPS alter and/or reconfigure the features and parameters of your personality as you presently experience it ... as a `teenager', as an `INTP', as whatever you identify with existentially being qua `being'?

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
As an INTP decidedly NOT a chronological teenager but perhaps with still-retarded-to-adolescent-patterns-of emotion-cognition-action I'll re-frame.
As you've revealed an awareness of binary numbers I'll exploit these for the benefit of you and others in the reading audience.

v-- first pass response ---------------------------------------------

4. Being perceived as an arrogant smartass and hence social isolation

8. Compulsion to argue and show people the truth

16. Debilitating mental instability

32. Inability to adhere to the education system

64. Too many hobbies which are difficult to sustain along with studies

128. A constant feeling of frustration and anxiety caused by repeated exposure to undesirable social stimuli and a proclivity towards scepticism

256. Existential depression

512. Inability to connect people due to intellectual incompatibility

^-- first pass response ---------------------------------------------

v------------------2nd pass responses -----------------------------
1. Lack of intellectual stimulation and
2 inferiority
`caused by' or merely attributed-to it

4. Extreme forgetfulness and shitty memory

8. Being perceived -- by one and all, invariant of ANY personal, individually unique factors of perception OR variability in YOUR overt behavior to be `perceived' or apperceived. --
as an arrogant smartass and
hence -- the weasel word --
16 social isolation

32. Compulsion to argue
... and ...
64 show people
128 the truth ... un huh! you've got a monopoly on `the truth' arising from the wisdom of your years as an adult you've yet to retard-to/mature.

256. Debilitating ... sans criteria for assessing degree of operating-contextual debilitation, disability, handicap, sub-optimal performance, whatever.

512 mental instability ... as contrasted with mental stability so stable as to qualify as an SJ/traditionalist incapable of mental activity outside traditional conventional mentation?
As if a degree of `instability' couldn't be a GOOD thing?

1k. Inability to adhere to
... as contrasted with `conform to', `resonate with', `go along to get along'?
2k `the education system'
... I never met the `education system', what's she like?
The `education system' SEEMS one thing if one focuses on the `system';
When `education' is favored over the issue-begging phrase one's 24-7 use of Time may result in (re)education.
As INTPs tend towards self-education (e)motivated by curiosity and implemented via self-directedness ANY and ALL exogenous `education systems' induce cognitive dissonance and culture clash vis-a-vis one's OWN `education system' an IT's values and priorities.

4k. Too many hobbies which
...are ... qua ARE ... meaning `experientially SEEM'
8k difficult to sustain
...along with ... concurrent-with
16k studies
... as imposed by OTHERS, perhaps part and parcel with the so-called 2k=`education system'

32k. A constant feeling
64k of frustration and anxiety
... synergy of two experiential and/or explanatory factors
128k caused by
... EG attribution, once again, sans regression analysis to provide evidence of causality
256 repeated exposure to
512 undesirable social stimuli
... thusly characterized environmental stimuli ...
... whereas strict behaviorism would entail NOT prejudicing `stumli' with adjectives which beg or pre-justify the responses self-reported.

...and a ...
1M proclivity towards skepticism
... as evinced by failure to conform to American orthographic conventions.
You WILL be ASSIMILATED!:twisteddevil:

2M. Existential depression
Yeah, right! :rolleyes:
European quack headshrinkers `think' `in terms of' and bandy-around `existential' as if the parameters of existence qua `existence' of a rock require it to seek help dealing with it's existential difficulties.
Meaning ... BULLSHIT!
If you EXPERIENCE depression then you manifest experiENTIal depression regardless of whatever flaky bullshit European notions of `existential' this or that entail.

4M Inability to connect people
... `due to' ... attribution once again, sans regression analysis to discover causality.
8M intellectual incompatibility
... as if ? ...

I've discovered gobs of factors which demote `connecting' with people.
The half of humanity I'm inclined to `connect with' are typically wearing clothing over their sockets which render-difficult my plug `connecting ... and then there are those pesky issues of `consent' and `enthusiasm'.
^------------------2nd pass responses -----------------------------

v-- 3rd pass attempt at discovering n-factors for n-factorial analysis, synthesis, and/or design

^-- 3rd pass attempt at discovering n-factors for n-factorial analysis, synthesis, and/or design

Why limit your thinking to `teenage'?; these `issues' may persist and mutate over the course of your life.
And the mutated versions may find you BETTER than `healed', better than `recovered'.

I believe there is some value to be gained from the software engineering perspective, "If you can't FIX it ... FEATURE it."
There are plenty of work-for-hire, hobby, and/or personally-gratifying situations where you can FEATURE variations on the suchnesses you've just overtly expressed.

What if, for example, an INFP of one gender or another finds your teenage angst compatible, attractive, and/or outright irresistible?
And through interacting with at-least-ONE other you come to discover that You are NOT ALONE ... that at least one-or-more more-PERSONALLY-significant-than-those-in-the-obnoxious-REST-of-the-Heard Other EXPERIENCES the sorts of problematic `issues' which plague you either from time-to-time or on an ongoing basis?

How might one-or-more transformational EXPERIENCES or RELATIONSHIPS alter and/or reconfigure the features and parameters of your personality as you presently experience it ... as a `teenager', as an `INTP', as whatever you identify with existentially being qua `being'?

Firstly, it was a supercondensed version of the issues. The thing is, I'm extremely pissed off to know that notwithstanding the fact I'm precocious in my cognition to a modestly good extent which places me some years ahead in development which doesn't qualify me to be a teenager per se.
As per mental instability, I'm talking about clinically significant prognosis so there's nothing I can do about it. Hobbies include knowledge collection which runs perpendicular to the vector of education and hence their dot product being zero aka it doesn't couple up well. Potential, in my opinion is not driven to being unalloyed to its most distilled form. The engender of frustration is emotional and social issues primarily as I'm not a person with ASPD. So no matter how hard I try to rationalize its till unsustainable for me to stay without at least one meaningful relationship. I'm trying to juggle several things at once. As per your advice of trying to sustainably balance out the hobbies with studies, it's not possible. I've to attend the stupid college which has no flexibility or tolerance against deviation. I regret not taking computer applications now. Over here, humanities is the most boring and bizarre conglomerate of subjects devised pathetically simply due to the basal assumption that all earthians have an IQ of 80 or something. Therefore you understand why I hate studying because there's nothing to study but simply force yourself to fucking scan the pages like a scanner and regurgitate it during the exams. I'm getting suffocated due to unrealistic expectations causing wrong choices. Sorry for bitching around but most people are somehow able to persist in such a dank environment by fulfilling their happyometer by socialising which is simply nothing but a magnanimous waste of time. I won't deny people like me exist too but these people are unreachable and even if reachable, the level of eccentricity draws a thick line of demarcation.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
This spring I took a free adult proficiency test and took some basic classes. I can now multiply decimals and divide fractions. This was very helpful doing the math problems, I did not even need a calculator. I did all calculations by hand. English I still was not too good at. The Adult tests put my reading comprehension at the 2nd-grade level which I question the validity of. I did get 12 grade on vocabulary. My main problem was I felts like crap half the time I was in class. I would not be surprised if I have chronic fatigue syndrome. It was half a semester but I learned allot. (I can divide 2/3 by 4/5 which is 1 and 1/5) I am surprised I never learned fractions in school? I did lean geometry in 10th grade.

I remember we never read the books and only did handouts in math class.

If I got a student loan I could go to college by myself (they give you at least 100 thousand dollars I hear) but I think a university is tougher and higher quality information. The only thing is that I would fail most of my prerequisites because they are stupid. I got a D- in history in fall 2007. The government class I took wanted me to pick a book from the library and write an essay about it. But I never learned to write random essays. So I quit the class. I never asked for help and no one in my family cared what I was doing. I curled up into a ball of learned helplessness.

College and university are supposed to give you degrees so you can find a job. I want to get a job in A.I. but I see so few place that shows up because most companies are not interested in A.I. but data organizers that are meant for one problem. I am interested in Human Level A.I. and maybe 5 companies work on that. And I am not smart enough to understand their maths. Academic A.I. researchers and the intelligence agencies perhaps know more but I do not know how to get a job in academia. Because I also would need to pay off student loans and academics do not pay much nor have resources to try out massive projects. The big academic researchers would not hire me.

Those are my problems.
Do not know if they relate to you.
Try reading books they are not dumbed down that way you only need to pass the tests.
Do not bother with their material find your own (again just to pass the test)
It is important for you to have your own projects,
all you need to do is pass your classes to have time for what you really what to do.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
As per the concept of truth, believe me or not, it's not hard to pinpoint the 'truth' when it comes to dealing with real life.

Truth per se, it is a sentencesque rendering of the recurrent situation which can be obtained by applying the catalyst of logic preferably Aristotelian one. Linear deductions work like a charm by analysis of the variables occurring at a periodic basis and by variables I mean psychic variables and nonperiodic patterns which manifest themselves like Penrose tilings. A natural propensity in the elucidation and analytical assessment of human behavior as enabled by the combined faculty of logic and psychology helps to pinpoint the discrepancies among certain behavioral patterns and hence its easy to see the odd behavior out. Like we all know people in real life can't afford to have intpforum conversations, cognitive dissonance runs rampant along with transient delusional phases common to everyone as projected by their egos and superegos, it's relatively easy to throw a net at the deliberate attempt to lie. Lie qua lie is particularly easy to determine when a person is arguing or switching back and forth due to presumptions. Hence when I say that I want to show people the truth, it's usually the objective evaluation of the situation.

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
I've to attend the stupid college which has no flexibility or tolerance against deviation.

"I've" as in "I have"?
And `the' rather than `a' college?
Really?
You drop dead if you don't attend `the' stupid college?

Even if you DO `have to' attend a specific college there are curricula which allow for a broader range of interests.
Look for the terms multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary.
And some specializations allow generalization.
Take Systems Science, for example.
One learns about `systems' ... and this knowledge and the methods learned can be applied across the board to EVERYTHING because just about everything can be thought-of-as and/or modeled as `a (sub)system'.

A local Uni used to have a program which allowed it's matriculated students to study Philosophy AND Computers AND Cognitive Science.
Those `earning' degrees were qualified by corporations developing AI to play various roles in that field.

Though colleges may manifest a seemingly rigid structure some of their departments and majors allow generalists with wide-ranging interest to work towards a degree.

I regret not taking computer applications now.

Why past tense?
Why `take'?
One may develop and USE applications of one's own design to DO what you'd otherwise DO manually.
To wit, I can write an app/script which generates a `post' for hosting by this group, pastebin, an email ... whatever.
Some computer languages have such a simple syntax that one may learn the fundamentals in a week and be doing meaningful work and play thereafter.
Quite a few colleges over here are using Scheme via Dr. Racket for their `problem solving' courses for non comp-sci majors

One may develop apps independently without a classroom wrapper or a `teacher' or `prof' to make it real.
Basically any device you can use to access this group is programmable enough to develop your own apps as a hobbyist'.

Over here, humanities is the most boring and bizarre conglomerate of subjects devised pathetically simply due to the basal assumption that all earthians have an IQ of 80 or something.

Naw ... it's got more to do with Sensates, Feelers, and rites of passage.
Peeps go to college to meet mates as well ... and make future business connections.

Therefore you understand why I hate studying because there's nothing to study but simply force yourself to fucking scan the pages like a scanner and regurgitate it during the exams.

Really?
It never crossed your mind to contexulize the stimuli presented as per WHO -- which MBTI type -- would interpret, value, experience utility, experience PRIDE in `knowing' or `applying' the pap presented to one and all?

I'm getting suffocated due to unrealistic expectations causing wrong choices.

Unrealistic?
Wrong?
Wrong in that you've experienced wasted time, negative consequences, opportunity costs ... what?

Sorry for bitching around but most people are somehow able to persist in such a dank environment by fulfilling their happyometer by socialising which is simply nothing but a magnanimous waste of time.

So find other malcontents and socialize by lampooning and mocking it all.
Store up your discontentment for creative writing classes where sarcasm and mockery are allowed, if not valued.
I turned an `expository writing' class into a creative writing class via the help of the ENFJ teacher.
The first paper was to `describe how to do something'; I wrote on `how to become an efficient procrastinator' ... and turned it in a week late.

I won't deny people like me exist too but these people are unreachable and even if reachable, the level of eccentricity draws a thick line of demarcation.

So seek out and/or ALLOW Contact from Kindred Spirits.
I assume that's what you're doing here.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
So seek out and/or ALLOW Contact from Kindred Spirits.
I assume that's what you're doing here.

I'll give you one on that. It's fun to keep arguing on the internet endlessly. Lampooning + sarcasm helps me survive college per se, as per your other suggestions regarding taking up something independently, it's next to impossible due to overpiling pressure of the current curriculum and the routine per se. I get a shouting from my parents every now and then for loving my hobbies too much.

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
It's fun to keep arguing on the internet endlessly.
Lampooning + sarcasm helps me survive college per se,

as per your other suggestions regarding taking up something independently,

I'm afraid you might be honoring the fragmentary J horse shit of compartmentalizing an otherwise integral holistic cosmos and/or Worldview into discrete `subjects', `fields', `specializations', and `occupations'.
The point of me sharing my experience of COMPLYING with FORM -- you Brits aggrandize `good form' and vilify `not in good form', don't you? -- in that expository writing class was to point out how I piggybacked my OWN agenda, expressing my OWN less-than-respectful-of-the-disrespectful-system-upon-which-I-found-myself-prostrated heartfelt EMOTIONS ... via mockery, sarcasm, etc.
When one fights against a rip tide one wears oneself out and risks drowning; when one swims perpendicular-to it one may swim ashore, albeit down the beech a bit.

Let's say you've got a writing assignment to produce a paper on a subject of your choosing.
You could feel pissed off and set upon and begrudgingly come up with some topic of marginal interest, slog out the work, turn it in, get a grade.
But what if you -- having lamented your failure to `take' computer apps -- would like to weave `using computers to off-load the burden of writing/composing this friggin paper' into doing `the assignment'?
What if you were aware of computational linguistics?
What if someone gave you a heads-up on how easily English sentences can be composed/synthesized from parts -- words or snippets -- and how an English sentence can be analyzed/decomposed into parts ... and how inverse functions can allow one to work back and forth?

Code:
; emacs lisp symbolic expression exploiting the [URL="https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lambda+calculus&t=ffsb&ia=web"]lambda calculus[/URL] and the 
; text-processing [URL="https://duckduckgo.com/?q=domain-specific+language&t=ffsb&ia=web"]domain-specific language[/URL] features 
;`split-string' and `mapconcat' for  processing natural language 
; sentences as per the academic domain of [URL="https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Computational+Linguistics&t=ffsb&ia=web"]Computational Linguistics[/URL]
(
 (lambda (sentence)
  "Parse a sentence into parts, assemble the parts into a sentence. \nDemonstrate inverse functions for analytic decomposition and synthetic composition."
 (setq ; bind values to the symbols which precede them in the pairings
   glue " " ; delimiter

analytically-decomposed-parts
    (split-string ; the inverse of [URL="https://duckduckgo.com/?q=elisp+mapconcat&t=ffsb&ia=qa"]mapconcat[/URL]?
       sentence 
       glue
    )

synthetically-composed-aggregate-of-parts
    (mapconcat ; the inverse of [URL="https://duckduckgo.com/?q=elisp+split-string&t=ffsb&ia=qa"]split-string[/URL]?
       'identity    ; just as in mathematics
       analytically-decomposed-parts ; the list of parts
       glue 
    )
 )
 (list ; make a list of this stuff
   (cons ; CONStruct a dotted-pair list 
    'sentence ; symbol
    sentence ; value bound to the symbol
   )
   (cons 'analytically-decomposed-parts    analytically-decomposed-parts)
   (cons 'synthetically-composed-aggregate-of-parts synthetically-composed-aggregate-of-parts)
 )

);lambda

"What if someone gave you a heads-up on how easily English sentences can be composed/synthesized from parts -- words or snippets -- and how an English sentence can be analyzed/decomposed into parts ... and how inverse functions can allow one to work back and forth?"

)
note: I can wrap the symbolic expression in that code block into an executable `tag' within an org-mode file which when opened in emacs allows one to simply `click' on a link to invoke the program, evaluate the expression, whatever.
So if you've got emacs handy on a machine to which you've got access, let me know and I'll re-post it in another code block you can copy-then-paste into a file ready for use by any of the emacsen.
it's next to impossible due to overpiling pressure of the current curriculum and the routine per se.

I can accept that you have been EXPERIENCING `overpiling pressure' -- whatever this means to/for you.
As an INTP you undoubtedly grasp the logic of working smarter, rather than harder ... right?
If you're experiencing overpiling pressure you might unwisely be exerting too much force over too small an area ... so to speak.
It might be smarter to change that ratio, to work smarter by de-concentrating the force-exerted-over-area a bit

What curriculum do you have your nose applied towards grinding away, if I may ask?

I get a shouting from my parents every now and then for loving my hobbies too much.

Standard INTP scenario.
You're pulling a good solid C by minimizing nose-to-the-grindstone as-experienced `WASTED' time while using the time savings to subsidize hobbies which make life bearable.
Parent's and teachers alike KNOW you're underACHEIVING vis-a-vis their perversely mundane, ordinary, and/or `traditional' notions of achievement.
Said parent's and teachers goad you to better apply yourself to the Procrustean Test Beds they (mis)use to educateinculcate you.
No?

How might you PLAYFULLY displace the work-and-duty ethos of J types while playfully completing assignments, papers, and projects ... perhaps without expressing enough pleasure to trigger sadistic bastards to keep piling on MORE would-be `educational' horse shit until you snap, cringe, or have a nervous breakdown?

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
Okay, you have a point there. I'm going to install Linux tomorrow. Any suggestions for a newbie?

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
Okay, you have a point there.

Which point was that?

I'm going to install Linux tomorrow. Any suggestions for a newbie?

Whoa! Slow down a bit.
If you want to use the code I provided it can be done via what your OS and browser icons indicate you have available already.
GNU Emacs runs atop every major OS under the sun ... including Windows

I composed and tested the code I presented via GNU Emacs for windows ... though it should work on emacs running ANYWHERE.

So ... you my certainly install linux if you desire, it would not be necessary if all you want to do is run that code and experimentally modify it, re-run it, etc.

If you want linux-like abilities you can install Cygwin and obtain GNU emacs via cygwin then run GNU emacs via cygwin.
You've got options.
But the easiest one is to simply download GNU emacs for Windows if you're already using Windows.

Emacs has a browse-url function which allows one to launch a new browser tab in one's preferred browser so you'll be able to specify safari as your default browser and have emacs launch new tabs.

Once GNU Emacs is installed on your Windows box you can associate commonly used file types with emacs.
That code I presented could be inserted in a `.el' -- for emacs lisp -- file and run simply by clicking on the icon for the file.
I'll present the same code embedded in a more user-friendly org-mode file which will have a `.org' extension which can also be associated with Emacs

I'm not sure I groked what `the point' I made was for you, so give me another clue or two if I've missed it.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
Which point was that?

Whoa! Slow down a bit.
If you want to use the code I provided it can be done via what your OS and browser icons indicate you have available already.
GNU Emacs runs atop every major OS under the sun ... including Windows

I composed and tested the code I presented via GNU Emacs for windows ... though it should work on emacs running ANYWHERE.

So ... you my certainly install linux if you desire, it would not be necessary if all you want to do is run that code and experimentally modify it, re-run it, etc.

If you want linux-like abilities you can install Cygwin and obtain GNU emacs via cygwin then run GNU emacs via cygwin.
You've got options.
But the easiest one is to simply download GNU emacs for Windows if you're already using Windows.

Emacs has a browse-url function which allows one to launch a new browser tab in one's preferred browser so you'll be able to specify safari as your default browser and have emacs launch new tabs.

Once GNU Emacs is installed on your Windows box you can associate commonly used file types with emacs.
That code I presented could be inserted in a `.el' -- for emacs lisp -- file and run simply by clicking on the icon for the file.
I'll present the same code embedded in a more user-friendly org-mode file which will have a `.org' extension which can also be associated with Emacs

I'm not sure I groked what `the point' I made was for you, so give me another clue or two if I've missed it.
No man, right now, I'm planning on beginning to gain some rapport with the commandline. I'll install kali linux today primarily to learn pentesting.

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
No man, right now, I'm planning on beginning to gain some rapport with the commandline.
I'll install kali linux today primarily to learn pentesting.

As if?
Once you get kali linux installed you'll have options for gaining rapport with command line shells both with and w/o a lisp environment wrapped around them.

Most of the linux distros use bash as their default `command line' shell, though the smaller one's use busybox.

Emacs allows one to launch the default shell for the OS it runs atop via
M-x shell
So I imagine when one is using emacs within Kali linux that invocation will launch a bash shell within and emacs buffer.

I find bash too limiting as a command line shell; eshell allows me to craft scripts which run via emacs regardless of what platform it's running atop ... plus it allows me to mix in lisp expressions along with conventional bash syntax.

Though, as I'm not a smartass 17-year old who a priori KNOWS better, I can use eshell command line incantations to do things within Windows without ever installing a linux distro at all ... perhaps even penetration testing, but who KNOWS.
But I'll save a demo of such for a later time.

Kali looks cool-enough as a Debian distro in which one may use apt-get to retrieve and install apps to pimp it out as your mood suits you.

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
As if?
Once you get kali linux installed you'll have options for gaining rapport with command line shells both with and w/o a lisp environment wrapped around them.

Most of the linux distros use base as their default `command line' shell, though the smaller one's use busybox.

Emacs allows one to launch the default shell for the OS it runs atop via So I imagine when one is using emacs within Kali linux that invocation will launch a bash shell within and emacs buffer.

I find bash too limiting as a command line shell; eshell allows me to craft scripts which run via emacs regardless of what platform it's running atop ... plus it allows me to mix in lisp expressions along with conventional bash syntax.

Though, as I'm not a smartass 17-year old who a priori KNOWS better, I can use eshell command line incantations to do things within Windows without ever installing a linux distro at all ... perhaps even penetration testing, but who KNOWS.
But I'll save a demo of such for a later time.

Kali looks cool-enough as a Debian distro in which one may use apt-get to retrieve and install apps to pimp it out as your mood suits you.
I'm stuck at a fatal error. How do I configure the network at installation? It claims to have failed because my net is apparently not using DHCP. Moreover, I can't get grub to install. Please PM me if you have any solutions.

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
Please PM me if you have any solutions.

Truly sorry, dude.
You caught me at bad point in my personal trajectory vis-a-vis technology.
I used to `do' system management in my younger days on systems which date me as the dinosaur I am to those of your age.
Though I may know how to use a few linux distros from a users perspective I'm no guru at configuring them or trouble shooting them.
You'd do better to pose your plea to any number of linux forums.

When I have solved tech problems in the past it's pretty much been THERE with eyes on evidence presented and with direct access to the problem plagued system.
I'm no friggin good at diagnosing and fixing shit remotely based on descriptions and using the end user as a cats-paw to do my typing for me.

Do you really NEED to use Kali Linux to do penetration testing, or might your goals be accomplished via one-or-more other distros which don't hang-up, mis-enstall or such?

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
Truly sorry, dude.
You caught me at bad point in my personal trajectory vis-a-vis technology.
I used to `do' system management in my younger days on systems which date me as the dinosaur I am to those of your age.
Though I may know how to use a few linux distros from a users perspective I'm no guru at configuring them or trouble shooting them.
You'd do better to pose your plea to any number of linux forums.

When I have solved tech problems in the past it's pretty much been THERE with eyes on evidence presented and with direct access to the problem plagued system.
I'm no friggin good at diagnosing and fixing shit remotely based on descriptions and using the end user as a cats-paw to do my typing for me.

Do you really NEED to use Kali Linux to do penetration testing, or might your goals be accomplished via one-or-more other distros which don't hang-up, mis-enstall or such?
Good news and bad news. Bad news : didn't get kalilin

Good news : got Ubuntu to work. Now gonna start shell scripting soon. I'm happy.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
Good news : got Ubuntu to work. Now gonna start shell scripting soon.
I'm happy.

Code:
#! /bin/bash
echo "We'll be expecting bash shell scripts in vBulletin code blocks soon!"
Although one may script in other than bash notation:
Comparison of command shells

Though I'm pretty sure that many if not most INTPs prefer to `script' with a lisp environment wrapped around their script than a bash environment.
Please try not to get too fixated upon entering commands within the bash command line.
Wouldn't want you to become self-limiting at an INTJ level of operations. ;)

baccheion

Local time
-->
Start searching for and working on what you're interested in. School is a waste of time and only matters if you fail. It then becomes obvious that working for a corporation is a waste of time (and that startups don't pay well enough), especially as most jobs quickly turn into management positions (if you don't want to destroy your career). Therefore, freelancing, entrepreneurship, consulting, etc. That is, start preparing for that end right away. And don't become involved with an ISFJ. And selegiline for college and beyond. And a good multivitamin (you can look into NutrEval and genetic testing to become aware of any deficiencies and predispositions early).

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Hah my blog on here touches on plenttty of teenage struggles and life in general. Many rants, and dare I say insight as well.

99% of my existence on here has been me complaining about this or that- often parents, school, friends, and mental health whatnot.

Current issue? Existential dread. What am I doing? Colleges? Driving? Dating? Shits happening; boxes on the teenage experience checklist are being marked off, and it doesn't feel as wonderfully fulfilling and amazing as it seemed to me in the movies

Ya know

BurnedOut

Beloved Antichrist
Local time
-->
I have started disengaging socially. Can't take the negative stimuli now.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

gps

INTP 5w4 Iconoclast
Local time
-->
Existential dread. What am I doing?

Question asked and answered: you are qua ARE `dreading'.

Hint: Some self-awareness can be furthered by hypenating words otherwise decoupled from what what else co-manifests at the same time.

To wit, I'm experientially-manifesting EVERYthing I apperceive.
To experience dread one must incidentally MANIFEST and/or PROMOTE dread.
To short circuit the dread experience one must DISPLACE it with something else.

Some experience mystery and Joy when presented with the opportunities of dating, college, driving, and such.
If you're doing `dread' you ARE displacing mystery, wonder, joy, excitement, enthusiasm, and other incompatible EXPERIENCES.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Teax

huh?
Local time
Today 7:06 AM
-->
Issues, huh? I'll leave this pamphlet:

1. Lack of intellectual stimulation...
Countered by re-targeting your concentration. There is often interesting underlying structure in topics that are boring. (e.g. Generalize it, take it out of context, find meaning or parallels to other topics) You won't be able to learn things the way others can. And let's be honest, why would you want to? Accept it, look for an angle

....and inferiority caused by it
Countered by projects. Achievements dis-spell illusions of inferiority.

Countered by writing stuff down. The brain is not a computer and does not have anything like a hard drive. Decide what to write down using: "Will I remember this?". Keep it to the point. Keep your papers as structured as you keep your mind. Once you finish school, feel free to burn them.

Countered by pretending you don't know any better. Smile in face of insanity.

Do you like having your own free will? Consider that some people don't WANT to be convinced of truth. Or not yet. They are exercising their free will to do so. Who are you to take that away from them? This is the part that makes you seem arrogant. Imposing your will on others. Only argue with people who have proven to you that they are interested in the truth. Otherwise, repeat this mantra: "If you say so.".

Countered by avoiding doctors and their diagnosis

Countered by acceptance that you're not on easy street. Get disillusioned about "educational system". You will have to carve your own way through life. You didn't choose it. You can't choose otherwise.

Consider that even if you had all 24 hours per day to yourself, you would still not have enough time to do all the hobbies that you would like to do. Being a teenager you still have a screwed up perception of time, because school feels like an eternity in hell.

Countered by "If you say so."

Countered by self-knowledge.

Countered by realizing that this is not a bad thing.

NOTE: This pamphlet may be useless for those who are stuck in a dopamine trap. For that, please consult the complementary pamphlet "So, you're stuck in a dopamine trap?". No liability for damages caused by following advice on a pamphlet.

Top Bottom