• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Te Extraverted Thinking

vedun

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:46 AM
-->
I am new to this forum. I just want to share my recent insight. Before I was thinking that INTP's biggest problems are related to feelings, some kind of social skills or talents to relate or connect to people, by all means it's still a big problem for this personality usually. My view changed, after I got to know several ENTJs and ESTJs. May be it's my personal experience, these personalities are even less skillful in feeling departments than INTP. They completely disregard their lack of social skills, they are not conscious as INTPs and they feel good in social environments. So social skills are helpful but they become a huge problem when a person becomes too much aware of low social skills. Then I started to realize that my biggest problem is laziness to do practical things every day. When it comes to do something either I will procrastinate or I will get very tired after doing something practical. It's interesting that according to Socionics INTP gets least amount of energy for Te function. The problem is how to train your Te and how to get more energy for Extraverted Thinking function

Last edited:

Ex-User (14663)

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
Extroverts are good at small talk. I guess somehow, small talk has become synonymous with social skills.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:46 AM
-->
Ah yes, the Te Dom who believe to the core of their being that they are important.

How to Te?

Goals, deadlines, breaking things down. Ti can do this very well, it just takes conscious effort on their part.

vedun

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Ah yes, the Te Dom who believe to the core of their being that they are important.

How to Te?

Goals, deadlines, breaking things down. Ti can do this very well, it just takes conscious effort on their part.
well it still really tiresome and boring for me to work in Te mode although I clearly understand the importance of this function. Another function I have problems with is Fe ( no surprise) but for completely different reasons. I have ISFJ friend ( he is not really close friend) When he gets around I understand perfectly what he does with his strong Fe, but for me to do these things I have to humiliate myself ( at least it feels like that for me) It feels to master Fe I have to step over my Ego.

vedun

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Extroverts are good at small talk. I guess somehow, small talk has become synonymous with social skills.
what I noticed about ENTJ and ESTJ they usually disregard Fi values. But they have some kind of natural Fe presentation of themselves. I would not say it's a real Fe like ISFJ has, they don't really care about harmony, but at the same time they present themselves like happy, energetic people with a big smile and they can have a small talk for sure.

Last edited:

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
Today 12:46 AM
-->
well it still really tiresome and boring for me to work in Te mode although I clearly understand the importance of this function. Another function I have problems with is Fe ( no surprise) but for completely different reasons. I have ISFJ friend ( he is not really close friend) When he gets around I understand perfectly what he does with his strong Fe, but for me to do these things I have to humiliate myself ( at least it feels like that for me) It feels to master Fe I have to step over my Ego.

Yup. You understand what you are talking about.

My father is ESFJ. I know what Fe looks like. It's damn right annoying.

anti thesis

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:46 PM
-->
We are too damn conscious. We need booze to involuntarily extravert...

Voluntary? Can be done, but you'll need huge dose of painkillers to get through.

Pizzabeak

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 10:46 PM
-->
I didn't know Te, in ENTJs and ESTJs, were worse than INTPs at feeling - which would mean or suggest Fi is weak in extraverts compared to Fe in introverts. But ENTJ is INTP reversed. And hypothetically, a "healthy" specimen (or example of a person and their type) will display use of their inferior through the first function, which in INTP is Ti or ENTJ Te. There are different archetypes and subcategory of them.

Usually an INFP won't get along with ENTJ, but INTP can. Stereotypically, INTP is useful to ENTJ if they are masters of the craft and can be valuable input to the team crew when they roll out generally. But that's just on theory, if you take 100 INTPs and interview them you still won't get along with them all, but at least find one that you could benefit a mutual relationship from.

It does suck but that's the reality of life. I'm personally not aware of many ENTJs but you can still tell them by their style. It doesn't look that much like they have no Fi, except it's expressed through mechanics and using machines or plans rather than say poetry and art, and they would rather build a team and know their men's weaknesses. They're the type of people who can tell if someone looks better with a mustache or shaved, and ENFP/ENTP as well.

You could still use Fe but you're really using Ti, then Ne to say it while people think an internal "Si" with "Ti" is just S. There's no new input for them, and they can't think about it but just react emotionally. Then, if you talk, it makes it so Ne works as a social tool and Ti makes it look like you're an asshole, which is appealing, so to people who can manipulate the social strata like INFJ, it makes them happier. So if there's two INTPs, the smartest one always wins. I don't like or use Fe either except when I'm on vacation I'm more inclined. The problem is people think there's one S or N, they don't account for introverted or extroverted N/S (let alone the F/T axis) or the third function. Everyone needs to use all their functions to be stronger.

There's no real point to anything unless you know your place in life. So far I haven't seen any opposition, or scientific validation for that matter, of MBTI's effectiveness and reality. We all exist as one mirror image of each other, all fractal reflections of the same substance and consciousness operating machinery. We're thrust in this world without our permission or consent. The only truth we have is the knowledge that we subconsciously chose this existence because we love it. All time is one space. We'd be in Heaven or paradise already but you can't. There's no end to this dream or cycle of reincarnation because some are addicted to assholes and being them. It's the only way to survive here, to take on new tasks and challenges sent your way. I didn't know it at first but it look lots of life training and experience, so, we'd agree that life is something of the sort. The only way to escape and get nirvana is detachment and good karma.

We're all addicted to something which is why we're here, being paid, to do it and get it, and get that rush. We sometimes forget this. And most could not even know. But someone can be addicted to food, and want to re-experience this realm just so they can keep eating over and over and never learn - but replace eating with anything and you have it. When you die you could come back, no one knows, and there's different ones, so it could be the same or a new person or even an animal/insect in the future. The more lives you live, supposedly, the more lessons you learn then you can finally stop helping people and gracefully transcend and become one. There is no answer anywhere. Some get a shitty roll of the die and are born into poverty, eventually being killed by it, unable to overcome its presence.

I refuse to be used as someone's drug so they can get more than their fair share of resource, because lies and backstabbing make the human race thrive. That's where psychology and moral philosophy come in, with even just a basic understanding of contemporary neuroscience including the history of culture and past & present/current models of biology, physics, computer science, and art come in. You can't just master one thing and think you've earned the right to be cock of the rock. You're the cock of nothing! And I learned this weeks ago. You can "learn" it as many times as your brain needs to. Doesn't change the fact that, at the end of the day, we all still die and can miss out on life to the fullest. I started out more a hermit, and still am an introvert no matter what, but I can't use any function I want like Fe, Se, Fi, or Te, to live a complete life. Te is INTPs last function, if you are one, because Ti is the first so it's reversed and opposite. You need to work it even harder for that. You'll get Fe, and Ne, if you use Ti as an INTP but if you use everything you can pull Te out there easily.

Ex-User (8886)

Local time
Today 5:46 AM
-->
I wanted to write this, but changed my mind
I was thinking exactly when I was new to personality types theories. For the long time I was wondering on becoming an INTJ, because they're better at finishing stuff and getting result. Then I realized I can be an ENTJ for a short time, but it generally sucks and doesn't work long.
So, think about Albert Einstein, you may think that he was lazy and he was indeed, but actually he was workaholic.
Every type can work hard, but it's important to do what you want, I can't do something that I don't want (idk why other types can force themselves to do useless shit, but perhaps they just don't realize how stupid it is what they do).
If you find something that interests you, you won't have problem with laziness, finishing stuff, procrastination...
But if you really want to exercise Te and want to know how it works, try to be a leader in a group and tell everyone what to do. For me it's playing HotS and telling everyone what hero to choose, when and where to go...
Programming is also Te thing, as also inductive thinking. The thing is the whole theory about Te and Ti is more inaccurate than most ppl think, because everyone can use both inductive and deductive thinking (I talk about Thinking dominant types, they can use both really good).
There is little difference between Ti and Te, actually they tend to give same strengths and weaknesses. Both dominant types can be good programmers, theoretical scientists (yes, T are the best theorists, and S/N are usually better at experimental and real stuff). If you understand what Thinking actually is it will be easier. I also really like socionics, that it put INTP as LII (logical intuitive introvert), as you can see only 3 letters are needed instead of 4. So we are different only in 1 preference from ENTJs (who are LIE). So what is thinking? It's making decision based on logic. It is the same definition for Ti and Te. But extroversion makes a direction of using it. INTPs use logic in their heads (introversion) to better understand what happens in reality (extroversion), and ENTJ's use understood ideas to make impact in the world. It's obvious that everyone do everything, but in different amounts.

mhmm, this isn't answering your question I guess, but I just wrote what I wanted to.

Top Bottom